Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Robot assessment algorithm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethereal

Male Posts : 296

PostSubject: Robot assessment algorithm   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:27 am

I hear countless complaints from people that their robot sucks, because it cannot spew out blue balls of death everywhere, nor is it OMGWTFBBQ right out of the box with minimum tunes/levels.

Then I look at their robots a bit more closely, and realize they have perfectly viable stuff, but are too retarded/lazy to do well with it.

Laziness is incurable, but stupidity is; for the latter case I sometimes take the time to assess their bots and point out what it needs. The algorithm here is essentially the thought process I use when assessing a person's robot.

This algorithm is only intended to evaluate a robot's viability; pilot skill is not factored in here.

Spoiler:

*There are times when you won't want to take every cart in the book for special builds, e.g. taking only capacity carts on a breaker bot so you can fit 4x csgs on it ASAP & won't be needing fancy carts for it anyhow.
**At this point, if you know what you are doing and have a Level <5 robot with locked parts, you may opt to brute force a set amount of tunes (I usually set 4 as a goal) and junk/retune the robot if it does not meet the goal. The purpose is obviously to conserve harmonics/protectors at the expense of materials.
***Obviously not directed towards very experienced players who are perpetually dissatisfied with a certain robot's function and keep rebuilding it over and over again.

@blead wrote:
Please put on a spoiler when posting big images.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Robot assessment algorithm   Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:14 am

For what it's worth, max mobility isn't always top priority. The most obvious example would be alpha ART/AIR, where your priorities are more like "enough mobility to be functional (>25 fly for example) > as much DPS as possible > extra 'luxury' mobility"

Anyway, I'd love to get this pasted on a signboard and whack people over the head with it. This can't be beaten in enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AthenaWyrm
AthenaWyrm

Male Posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Robot assessment algorithm   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:16 am

Great Technique on EVE Cannon too stronk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robot assessment algorithm   

Back to top Go down

Robot assessment algorithm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com