Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zero_unit
Zero_unit

Male Posts : 35

PostSubject: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 am

Okay, After HD seraph arrived, people have been spamming their "vox" in arena, thus causing
the players to do 2 things; 1. Rage/butthurt/ragequit, and 2. Create counter measures.

*update: Since I got a Seraph Crimrose, I finally able to use it and see its performances, thus helping me to know what other players experience in combat.*

I myself decided to research ways to survive against those spammers. After few days of doing actual
arena combat (and grinding), I found some of the ways to survive them.

Here are the fruits of my research.

*The "Vox" can be avoided by Float dash, Jikun BD's sub(not the kuten), Kealmes LG2, Mechajetter's
Beam tackle, Zero saber NEXT's BS, etc. This needs timing to avoid them or at least avoiding most of
the damage (about 25-30% of the damage maybe sustained).

*Brickgale BS seems to work well on dodging the attack, or any sub weapons that induces flight.

*Rouche's AM, AM2, and barrier can be used to Block the "Vox". The AMs must be shot towards the incoming "Vox".

*Bathleon and Aegis Bathleon can be used to block them. The Aegis Bathleon must be used wisely for it only
have a frontal shield.

*Boost run and Short Boost are proven useless in open areas, it seems the "Vox" has a some sort of prediciton
thingy like the new Thoarla AM.

*Rouche C's Barrier bits are useless, due to the fact that the vacuum of the attack can still suck you in
and the barriers are smaller.(I'm glad I got Lab coat rouche).

*WB dodge are useless. The attack time is very long.

*Avoid going into groups, they might bump you when they try dodging it.

*The seraph CANNOT move for 1 sec and 5 secs casting time when she is about to fire the "Vox". Take this time to dodge and shoot her.

*It seems that the nova has 8secs cool down, 5 secs when the wing is activated. -still under testing-

*The range of the attack is about 7-9 steps or so. But its better to get away as far as you can.

*You can go underneath the seraph, by doing so the "Vox" cannot hit you (100% guaranteed).

* Using Broad Radar to see where the Seraph is will help greatly in predicting movements and attack patterns.

* Anything with a Railgun can easily snipe her out of the air, just make sure you have a nearby tall obstacle / wall to hide behind in case of an incoming "vox".

* A hopping bazooka bot is very effective against them, but you're going to have to either catch one of the Seraphs while they're in-range of attack, or simply gain high round and take pot-shots whenever you can. If you time it right, you can also hop out of the way of the "Vox" shots, you just have to hop backwards moments before it strikes.

* If you hit her while she's casting, it'll occasionally cancel the attack.

* They're also very weak against anything that's close to them, sure some of the Crim's carry a zook, but if you can avoid those, then the Crim's practically dead.

* As stated before in other threads and this thread, railguns demolish them, but Mialy's bits do a really good job too, since most of the FCs I've seen seem to carry two bucklers, and hitting a Mialy bit with the Nova's is difficult if they're close.

*Please note the tips above works well against 2 seraphs, but some of them are rendered useless when there are
multiple Seraphs in the opposing team attacking you at the same time.

All credits go to:
Sam of WIZ = For using a bathleon, and unconciously helped me to realized that Mialy X's Blast railgun can pierce through its barrier.
Random DOS Guy= Revealed the Seraph has a blind spot beneath her.

Akhenderson= For pointing about the Brickgale BS.

tggt = For the casting time of the nova.

Astral_Goddess= For the broad radar, railguns, and hopping zookers.

DisNigga =Some of the other tips.

My self = for testing them, and trying to do crazy experements at the same time, thus discovering some few tricks.

P.S. I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so I'm sorry if I posted it in the wrong one. Also I still need to get more research from the new Seraph, so might be added or removed. Your also welcome to add more Tips/tricks

Last edited by Zero_unit on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update, hurr durr)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:34 am

Another thing is using brickgale BS or any subweapon that induces flight.
During one of the matches, I tried escaping from Seraph's death nova, and brickgale bs's flight actually got out of it without much trouble, after taking some damage as well...

I don't know about the other ones, but it's at least worth a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero_unit
Zero_unit

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 am

Cool, I'll add it to the list and try it later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:54 am

Any air with long enuff range and/or high enuff dps.

Quote :
*The seraph CANNOT move for 2-4 secs when she is about to fire the "Vox". Take this time to dodge and shoot her

It's actually around 1s casting. Nova also has 5s delay, so u can approach her after that and start the usual air to air combat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 pm

I've also done some research into this, and I've found that the following are effective as well:

* Using Broad Radar to see where the Seraph is will help greatly in predicting movements and attack patterns. Although it might be cruel, using your own team as meat shields is effective if you want to hit the Seraph the most, as hiding nearby where the seraph usually hits and then chasing after it is the best way to go for actually doing damage to it without having to dodge anything.

* Anything with a Railgun can easily snipe her out of the air, just make sure you have a nearby tall obstacle / wall to hide behind in case of an incoming "vox". I've dealt constant 120s with a Linear Cannon on them, it stuns them and makes them drop like flies.

* A hopping bazooka bot is very effective against them, but you're going to have to either catch one of the Seraphs while they're in-range of attack, or simply gain high round and take pot-shots whenever you can. If you time it right, you can also hop out of the way of the "Vox" shots, you just have to hop backwards moments before it strikes.

* To your discovery about Baltheon and Mialy X: Any Mialy can pierce through his shield. Anything with a blast radius, even normal bazookas, can harm them. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DisNiga
DisNiga

Male Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:29 pm

I've been testing mine with a few fellow DOS-iggers, and here are some of the things I discovered :

* If you hit her while she's casting, it'll occasionally cancel the attack. So she won't be able to use the novas, but the animation will continue, this leaves her very vulnerable, as she can't really do anything at all when this happens, apart from using any hand held weapons. (This doesn't happen all the time though, you need a certain amount of damage but I'm not sure how much it is at the moment, may test some more later to get a rough estimate, but it probably depends on the Crim's TGH.)

* They're also very weak against anything that's close to them, sure some of the Crim's carry a zook, but if you can avoid those, then the Crim's practically dead.

* As stated before in other threads and this thread, railguns demolish them, but Mialy's bits do a really good job too, since most of the FCs I've seen seem to carry two bucklers, and hitting a Mialy bit with the Nova's is difficult if they're close.

* MB airs do a splendid job on them, since they're usually small and have air loop, which makes them difficult for Nova's to hit.(I haven't personally tested this one, but I've seen it happen once or twice.)

* Last note I can think of, is staying really close to them, as stated already. They can't hit you if you're under them, you don't even have to be directly under them either, but this would work best in 1 VS 1 situations, and that's not very likely to happen at the moment, since the arena is crawling with them. u_u

/Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I had to rush this since my rabbit was running away Q_Q
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Here's a tip.

Shoot them in the fucking face.

Try it, it works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 am

tggt wrote:
Any air with long enuff range and/or high enuff dps.
I use 3xHigh shooter thoarla am3+accle roll, works well on most situation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:13 am

@reVelske wrote:
Here's a tip.

Shoot them in the fucking face.

Try it, it works.
Pretty much this.

You don't need any fancy tricks, you just need to get in there and blow her up with non-homing weapons (or lereve bd/alba hd). It's just that if you make any sort of screwup you get punished hard.

Might be worth noting that your garden variety anti-homing bazooka hopper can perfect her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster
Gerrion

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:04 am

Right, now tips for the healing guys.

Healing bits are dangerous to use now. The high amount of players gathering for heals makes it an easy target for Seraphs. Note that all the homing attack's multiple targets will focus on that single spot, so all blast spheres will be on the group, most likely killing everyone.

Here's some of my suggestions, in which i included a few obvious ones just in case:

- Rely more on your single healing. Melfi arrows, medinger staffs, chibi kisses, medi aid heart gun, kingyo bubbles, etc.

- Stay spread and/or in a place with cover. This veteran tactic is still usable, as long as the cover is in front of the action. Using your bit in a concealing space (such as a tunnel) will work too.

- Avoid using the PS closest to the main front. Eris and Lnd/Alpha assaults could shatter the healing camp, and it's even more dangerous with the Seraphs now.

- Get Broad Radar to know possible attacks at your healing camp. A cheap idea would be Paraboroid (equiped with a Medinger AM2 if you have one), since it has broad radar on the first levels and has a low capa cost.

- Asking a Rouche or a Balteon for a shield cover for the healing bit will help a lot.

- A second suport robot using a Camouflage bit at the same time will cloak the team from the enemy's radar and sight. The bit would force the seraph to move closer to destroy it, giving an oportunity for those nearby to destroy the intruder. (Warning: this tactic still needs to be tested).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:22 am

Half of this thread can be summed up with "dont be retarded" or "use common sense".

The other half can be summed up with "wtf am I going on about".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 am

@reVelske wrote:
Half of this thread can be summed up with "dont be retarded" or "use common sense".

The other half can be summed up with "wtf am I going on about".

A lot of these is also "what people have been doing already" :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omuraisu
omuraisu

Female Posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Drop heal circle and semiafk in a cave

supportwarrior everytime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero_unit
Zero_unit

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 am

Updated, thanks for the information. Also, I got myself one of them. I'll go and see some "flaws" that I might find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 am

My Grandum BS hits her if she;'s in casting animation

ol' fashioned L baz with HS also works
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am

Healing supports is now way less viable, they are every Seraph noobs dreams.
1 vox, auto 500+ damage...

Oh well. Getting used to all this OP shit since Zeros.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

Male Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:43 pm

I know that teamplay isn't a great point of CBEN but... Mialys, Saggis or any sniping art bot with Broad Radar should now be on the lookout for Seraphs. Don't focus too much on other units. I've tried it in some matches (though I suck at aiming using railguns :S ) and it really does help. Some Seraphs become afraid to get to our spawn (especially if you always hit them)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:05 pm

@Kuzuha wrote:
I know that teamplay isn't a great point of CBEN but... Mialys, Saggis or any sniping art bot with Broad Radar should now be on the lookout for Seraphs. Don't focus too much on other units. I've tried it in some matches (though I suck at aiming using railguns :S ) and it really does help. Some Seraphs become afraid to get to our spawn (especially if you always hit them)

Oh god, so true.

Since she stays still while casting Nova, homing projectiles with high speed are also viable if you catch her quickly, even if she has Seraph Wings out. I've knocked Slutraphs out of the air by sending an Antiground missile at them while they were casting Nova.

I find that HD Seraph is only truly annoying when you're not focused on it. When a Nova's coming at you from offscreen, it's tricky to dodge because you only have so much time to react even when you see it coming, and if you're hit from offscreen the resulting damage can be enough to 1HKO.
As for dodging, I typically make liberal use of Seraph Tackle to escape. Even if I take the brunt of the initial hit, I usually escape some of the initial damage(Nova usually doesn't hit me directly if I see it coming for me), the residual damage from the gravfield and I can get away quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcyon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
halcyon

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:59 am

Also, the balls of deaths can be prematurely exploded by shooting them.

Rouche Mode:C 's AMs are excellent for this purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:22 am

Gonna test out when I have time and I lucky Bugsycait BS since vox goes straight forward at launch, maybe it could stop all vox with timing (but I don't really trust it, sound too good to be true).

(Funny fact, currently playin' a lvl 10 tuned Mialy type X. I'm always focusing seraphHD EVEN between 5 LND. YOU SHALL NOT VOX ! -Dead from LND-)

Edit : tested like 2-3 times, doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.   

Back to top Go down

Some Tips and tricks on surviving the new Seraph.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com