Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 am

along the lines of say an entertainment topic, though its not so much jokes but people talking about their opinions and interpretations on a subject.

Rules:
1. this is about peoples opinions and interpretations, as such there is no right or wrong answer (unless its on something thats really solid such as that the holocaust happened) as such this is the topic to tell other people that they are wrong, as this is about how they view it.

2. you can argue as long as you keep it in the bounds of, here are my reasons why i think what was said is wrong and you should rethink about the issue. saying "your an ignorant uncultured swine who knows nothing" or anything of the like is not ok. there may be touchy subjects brought up where some people have opinions which may sit strongly against you, i do not wish to have insulting posts directed at one another, just by writing your own opinion you might be able to change others.

3. after you've written your opinion or interpretation write at the end what you want the next subject to be, 1 per-person per-subject. i'll pick a new subject every week.

4. if you feel you haven't finished but the week is over for that subject create a new topic for it and link to it on your last post, it will be confusing if people talk about last weeks subject.

oh if people post the same idea for next week i'll be more likely to pick that idea

i'll change this around if i feel or someone points out that i need more or that some is redundant

i'll try to start with something that may be interesting to people

Suggestions:

Week 1
Interpretations or Opinions about/of people who are only interested(relationship wise) in people of certain ethnicity

Week 2
The Necessity and/or Practicality of College/University Education

week 3
Interpretations or Opinions of Prejudice Online

Last edited by IronDicks on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean
[Design Team]
[Design Team]

Male Posts : 965

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am

So this is what you're going to do for your assignment? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xlythe.com
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11416

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:14 am

Interesting idea. But I don't know if there will be any interesting answers in reality. I might edit this post later to post my opinion on the topic :O

[Edit]

I am the son of a German and a black American, plus I went to an alternative kindergarten, so actually I'm feeling the urge to say "you are a racist and a sexist on top of that" it someone tells me he/she is into a single ethnic. I used to act like that, but nowadays I just ignore it, because I never really thought it was wrong/immoral in first place. It's just the way I got raised o,o"

Personally I do have a thing for Indian women (look wise), but it's not like I'm completely focused on them (probably simply because there aren't many Indians where I live anyways). I don't know why they're looking more attractive than other women to me, as well. I just like them.

There is a disturbing trend in Germany, that is mainly spreading among a certain group of older single men. These persons "order" their wifes via internet, etc, etc. Usually these women are all from the same country (typically Philippines, or Russia, but a few other countries from east Europe as well) and the men say they like these women because they're more humble, etc, etc - I'd be 90 before I could finish the list why I do despise all the people involved in such business.

Another Edit:
Even though this is a little uncreative, what about prejudice against your own nationality in the net? There will probably be better suggestions anyways, but contribution never hurts owo

Last edited by Zwiebel Force on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 am

@Sean wrote:
So this is what you're going to do for your assignment? xD
no this is my interest, if it was for an assignment i'd actually say it was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:41 am

@IronDicks wrote:
Interpretations or Opinions about/of people who are only interested in people of certain ethnicity
It's dependent on their reasoning as to why they're only interested in people of certain ethnicity
And what do you mean by "interested"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 am

Last edited by IronDicks on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 am

Imo,they r missing out on variety and uh fun ;D

Like someone who only eats vegetables,but is somehow prejudiced against meat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:39 am

I for one have preference to women, that preference would include skin colour and thus also ethnicity and culture. I for one don't see the "wrong" thing of liking another ethnicity that some people would display to their family. I mean it's perfectly the same as liking someone because idk... pretty eyes, or pretty mouth or pretty much any other fetish

I for one like Pale skin, light coloured hairs, short petite girls. which may not really sounds normal to most people. I for one think that every single stuff in the world would have different intepretation and different opinion from two side. I can understand what the article is saying , but I would believe that not all person who have that fetish should be categorized that way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:59 am

@IronDicks wrote:
updated the subject to better clarify

I take this subject to heart personally as I come under this due to my ‘Asian Fetish’ which hasn’t actually been given its own term, only slang words. I read into my own area, this Asian non-Asian side, I’ve found that there are many mixed opinions about it, I can throw in the whole idea when it comes to homosexuality where people say it’s a choice, I don’t agree with the it’s a choice idea I’ll, shed some light about myself.

Like homosexuality were children show tendencies around it as a child I’ve been told that when it came to this expressive side I would show this tendency towards Asian women, imagine though at this age I wasn’t entirely aware of ethnicity, you still see differences but you don’t really have words to describe it, so it’s something which I’ve grown up with since a very young age, often when I hear anyone say something about liking Asians its sounds like it was a more recent thing, as though they decided “I want to date Asian chicks now”, in all honesty like anything around these types of areas its complex and often unknown.

If you search for articles you can find many negative stereotypes given to this group of people, an article I read not too long ago from an Asian American women’s magazine has a rather harsh negative view going out their way to try and make it seem as though it’s some horrible abomination and that these people are freaks I’ll link the article in question. http://www.asiancemagazine.com/2010/05/02/yellow-fever

All I’ve really done so far though is just explain, my opinion though, I see, the world is further emphasising globalisation, communication across borders, across cultures, it is enviable that there will be this mix. I’m straying from the point though, myself being one of these people it’s something which I am still trying to figure out, it’s still a mystery even to myself. I can’t even give a straight answer to my own subject, but that’s not entirely what this topic is about, it’s about your thoughts, your opinions and your interpretations.

Some people might be a bit touchy around comparing it to something like homosexuality, I felt seeing as it’s an area that most people would have knowledge about it would better help to understand what I was trying to say

i love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:03 am

@Mie wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:
-snip-

i love you

ok.

are you going to add in your own opinion or emphasize on someone elses? i would love to hear more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:08 am

@IronDicks wrote:
@Mie wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:
-snip-

i love you

ok.

are you going to add in your own opinion or emphasize on someone elses? i would love to hear more

oh my

idk, my english is too limited Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 am

It's an interesting thing, but it's nothing unusual if you ask me.

There's two different spectrums that this turns up - people who prefer specifically people of the same ethnicity, and those who prefer people of a different (but very specific) ethnicity. I feel that ultimately, though, these are identical in development, to a certain degree. After all, they are both a preference for a specific ethnicity - the only difference is whether you share that or not (which may not even be a factor in why one is attracted to begin with).

Ethnicity most obviously expresses itself in two fashions - appearance and culture. Like with anything, a person of a specific ethnicity can express these in many varying degrees, but the ethnic component of attraction seems to always draw towards these elements. You prefer the aesthetic of their physical features, you appreciate their background and tradition, and often times both elements are part of one harmonic, attractive package. These are the main draws whether you're seeking someone in the same ethnicity, or you look for someone of a specific other ethnicity.

But these two elements are not limited to ethnic separations. Consider the divide between tanning in many western countries, and skin lighteners in many eastern countries. Or the range of traditions like family closeness or strict work ethic. These are all things that show up in what people are attracted to, without ethnicity being in the equation. And as the expression is mostly identical, it renders that targeted ethnicity preferences are no weirder than, say, specifically liking tall blonde guys who know theatre. I might have been into acting as a child and can connect with it, or it could just be that it's an interesting trait to me.

That's how I feel about the subject matter. The inner or the outer, I think liking people specifically of a different ethnicity is standard and acceptable, and not unlike a preference for the same ethnicity. I imagine, though never really thought on, that the latter tends to be rooted more in tradition and upbringing (comfort around that ethnicity, basically) while the former is rooted more in the physical traits or outsider perspective of the culture (intrigue into the ethnicity itself).

It's not any more or less shallow, and at times it mystifies me that people are bothered by this. I don't even think it could even be called deviant in this modern age.

EDIT: As for a topic of next session... how about the necessity and/or practicality of a college education?

Last edited by JadeCicada on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 pm

by the way, don't forget to add a suggestion for a topic to talk about next week at the end of your post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:52 pm

I don't think this is at all odd. The only time I'm disgruntled by a certain desire or fetish is when someone is asinine about it; and that can happen with any fetish, even the socially acceptable ones such as heterosexuality. So Iron prefers a certain look? No big. I don't personally have a fetish to specific real world ideals of beauty, but I have other tastes that lead me to understand what Iron is talking about.

Also I'm sorry; I can't think of a new topic v.v
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:13 pm

What course are you doing? Just curious. #em3
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm

@Mie wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:
@Mie wrote:

i love you

ok.

oh my

Pfft Mie Im american and your english is better than mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

@boytitan2 wrote:
@Mie wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:

ok.

oh my

Pfft Mie Im american and your english is better than mine.

so true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Well being interested in a certain ethnicity is not uncommon

After all, you won't see a pure german who looks like a pure indian right?

/doesn't know what topic to suggest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:20 am

LXE wrote:
What course are you doing? Just curious. #em3

Language and intercultural communication, im doing a politics class at the moment called "The politics of contemporary Japanese Identities" but my uni course has nothing to do with this topic, I'm just interested reading peoples opinions and such on different subjects
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

@IronDicks wrote:

Interpretations or Opinions about/of people who are only interested(relationship wise) in people of certain ethnicity

It'd depend on the severity of it. If the person likes only one ethnicity so much that they would shun or not even associate with others not of that type , then I may have issues with it. Otherwise, if it's just them preferring a certain type of person over another I have no issue. It'd be similar to a person looking for someone who's nice or funny; just a trait of a person they're interested in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Quite frankly, stereotypes for attraction only seem to appear for me if I notice a regular trend in those types of people. IE, American black guys and loudness/cockiness/aggressiveness/ect, and their facial structure is rather odd at times. For someone of whom I have no idea what trends that group of people have, I tend to write them off as "unexplored." Or something like that.

I'm a white girl, and I actually tend to "date/be attracted to" more latinos than anything, despite my annoyance at their general rudeness. My first guy I dated was white, but he was so pasty in some areas that it was unattractive. Really pale people actually aren't that attractive, which is kind of odd, considering a lot of cultures seem to think paler is better. scratch My most recent ex actually liked that I was pale-ish, and expressed sadness over the fact that I tan easily.

I had a point for this...-sigh- I guess i'll just summarize or something, Iunno.

Attraction is based on combined schemas that people find appealing. Race tends to be the broadest of schemas, combing multiple things all into one category. Basically, it combined a group of people into one neat package, orrrr it's suppose to. Doesn't really work the way our brain wants it to in real life.

Take something attractive, put it on a doll. Add more things you find attractive, and your doll will become more complete. Eventually, you'll have a set doll, with facial features/body style/personality/fashion all rolled into one. Now wouldn't it be convenient if you could order that doll to exist in real-life? ;__;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:10 am

tomorrow the subject is changing, if anyone has anything to add they should do so now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:41 am

can you repeat that in spanish, plz.
v .v;;;;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Subject change time, i decided that Jades suggestion sounds interesting, i'll just reword it as

The Necessity and/or Practicality of College/University Education

i will get around to writing up my own block of text in awhile when i get a better creative burst/wake up more
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 pm

I've seen a graph somewhere before showing that people who finish studying at Uni/College will land themselves in a postion in the workforce where they will earn at least double the amount of people who don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic   

Back to top Go down

'Opinions and Interpretations' the topic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com