Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Okay, so I read an article on how to Lucidly dream, it sounded rather interesting so I'm going to try it myself.

Quote :
A lucid dream is any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. The term was coined by the Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik (Willem) van Eeden (1860–1932). In a lucid dream, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over their participation within the dream or be able to manipulate their imaginary experiences in the dream environment. Lucid dreams can be realistic and vivid. It is shown that there are higher amounts of beta-1 frequency band (13–19 Hz) experienced by lucid dreamers, hence there is an increased amount of activity in the parietal lobes making lucid dreaming a conscious process.
Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, and its existence is well established.

A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually concludes it is a dream, while a wake-initiated lucid dream occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state, with no apparent lapse in consciousness.

So this is what I'm doing, I ask myself throughout the day "Am I dreaming" When something I don't expect happens, the day after, when I wake up I record what I remember about the previous dream, then once I dream again I tell myself "This is a dream, I am dreaming." This should make me "wake-up" in my dream, and I can be in control.

This first post is my explaination, the second is the logs.

Last edited by Cybernetic on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:53 pm

LOGS:

Day 1: I am preparing myself by asking "Am I dreaming" and being sure to remember to record my dreams, I have kept relaxed all day, and have not stressed over anything, all is going smoothly.

march 23rd tuesday, 10:31pm: just had my first experiance, it felt real, i clenched a fist in my dream, i felt it clench, i got excited and awoke

March 24Th, Wednesday, morning: I awoke, and pieced together the events of the night, I managed to slip out of one dream (Above) And fall into one more, it lasted nearly all night, The details I remember are, a halberd in my hand, and mechanical walking, I'm assuming I was an axer.

Last edited by Cybernetic on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean
[Design Team]
[Design Team]

Male Posts : 965

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm sorry but we're not going to sticky this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xlythe.com
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Quote :

True. A sticky post has to be one that would help the commmunity overall. At least that's my idea of it.

But i'm really looking foward for your logs. Good luck #em1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:12 pm

@Gerrion wrote:
Quote :

True. A sticky post has to be one that would help the commmunity overall. At least that's my idea of it.

I was just hoping to keep it up, and not lose it among topics, that's all.

And thanks for wishing me luck there Gerrion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Female Posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:28 pm

This is some fun stuff. Don't fuck up along the way though, read a bit about things NOT to do in lucid dreams, because sleep paralysis can completely ruin it for you and in bad enough cases, begin a serious case of insomnia due to fear of sleep. Don't look in mirrors.

There's also other ways to enter lucid dreaming that work much better, for example have you tried drawing something on the inside of your hand or somewhere you look very often and then looking/catching a glimpse of that spot in a dream? That's the safest way to initiate a lucid dream without running any of the risks, but it seems to not work for some people I hear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:32 pm

@Kobrakai wrote:

There's also other ways to enter lucid dreaming that work much better, for example have you tried drawing something on the inside of your hand or somewhere you look very often and then looking/catching a glimpse of that spot in a dream? That's the safest way to initiate a lucid dream without running any of the risks, but it seems to not work for some people I hear.

I'm trying that one to be honest, it's simple, and easy to remember to do, as for the mirriors, I know that, I don't want to know what I think of myself as looking like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11416

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:12 pm

I've read abot this some time ago and wanted to try myself, but then I've met a girl with a DID. Ever since then I try to stay away of fooling around with stuff directly related to my psyche o-o

Regardless, good luck =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean
[Design Team]
[Design Team]

Male Posts : 965

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:02 pm

@Cybernetic wrote:
@Gerrion wrote:
Quote :

I was just hoping to keep it up, and not lose it among topics, that's all.

And thanks for wishing me luck there Gerrion.
You could just set this URL to your Favorites/Bookmarks. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xlythe.com
Hyoka
Upside-down poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Just update it every 1-2 days and it'll stay up.

Heck, even just once every week will keep it up. There isn't that much activity here anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mew
The Ultimate Negro

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Oh even if you don't screw yourself up with sleep paralysis research and prepare anyway.

I wasn't as scared because, I researched what happens.

It's too bad I imagined a group of shadow people punching me though. Screw my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7872

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Cybernetic went to bed now. He asked me to describe, in the most detailed way possible, a Blazed baron, Lily rain EVE, and myself. (I have no idea why he wanted me though, but I provided him with what he wanted anyways).

Welp, hope to his success x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:28 pm

These are the only type I ever get
@Mew wrote:
Oh even if you don't screw yourself up with sleep paralysis research and prepare anyway.

I wasn't as scared because, I researched what happens.

It's too bad I imagined a group of shadow people punching me though. Screw my mind.
wat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm

logs updated, wasn't expecting it to happen already
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

>Got excited and awoke

Premature waking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 am

Quote :
>Got excited and awoke

Premature waking

In a way, excitement could cause your brain to work in a way that'll make you react and awake.

Probably the best way is to test with something while in a calm set of mind, like exploring your house while sleeping and try to float above it, chcking everyone's sleep through their windows. Just an example Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Post updated, thanks astral for reminding me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Wo Wo Wo wait what, Its not normal for people to be able to control there dreams or at least know there dreaming.

Ive been able to controll my dreams since like fucking five. When Ever I had a bad dream Id tell myself to wake up before I die, And then by ten or 8 I would just beat da shit outa what ever ghost/demon or alien was dumb enuff to fuck with my sleep. Mainly shoot dbz lasers out my hand and go on a killing rampage good times man good times (^.^). Actually shit if I have a bad dream and wake up before I kick what ever scarred me ass ill go back to sleep to kick its ass lol.

Now when I dream its just me from a observer god like perspective observing some one else who Im aware is not me its like watching a movie you can controll if u feel like it.

Last dream I had controll of involved me flying around as a dragon, Or being able to fly I switch between da 2 often there my post common preferred super powers when dreaming.

There was one bad experience I cant explain,I knew I was asleep but could not move at all and could feel that my living body was not able to move either, And felt alot of activity in my spinal area as if it was a over surge of electricity or something was tryna take my soul, I Was screaming inside my head to move and couldnt do it. Not helping da fact my room had a very ominous color to it in da dream and I was able to see clearly in pitch black and my closet was real shadowy and my room was noticeably taller and larger.

Most annoying fucking dream ever and frequent. Getting ready for school in da morning just to fucking realize mid brushing your teeth your asleep and have to wake up all fucking over Like bitch I just did all dis shit RRRRRRAAAAAAGGGGEEE. And then just lay there in da bed for five minutes pissed off about da sleep you lost dreaming. I wake up after dreaming due to the large amount of brain activity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:06 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
Wo Wo Wo wait what, Its not normal for people to be able to control there dreams or at least know there dreaming.

It's normal

just something you can learn to do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

Female Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:33 am

@Hyoka wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

It's normal

Uhm, it's not normal. Not everyone can do this. And not all ppl have to learn it; I for instance, had no need to learn how to control my sleep or to know that I'm dreaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm

@Valkyrie wrote:
@Hyoka wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

It's normal

Uhm, it's not normal. Not everyone can do this. And not all ppl have to learn it; I for instance, had no need to learn how to control my sleep or to know that I'm dreaming.

I just did it automatically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11416

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:03 pm

@Valkyrie wrote:
@Hyoka wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

It's normal

According to the German Wikipedia entry everybody can do it. I was able to do it a few times, so I guess it's really nothing special. Please note that some experts consider it only a prelucid dream, if you can't remember the dream entirely, or who you are outside of it.

The strange experience boytitan describes sound pretty much like sleep-induced paralysis (the body function that usually keeps you from sleep walking). The easiest way to end it is to stay calm and wait for it to end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:11 pm

@Zwiebel Force wrote:
@Valkyrie wrote:
@Hyoka wrote:

It's normal

According to the German Wikipedia entry everybody can do it. I was able to do it a few times, so I guess it's really nothing special. Please note that some experts consider it only a prelucid dream, if you can't remember the dream entirely, or who you are outside of it.

The strange experience boytitan describes sound pretty much like sleep-induced paralysis (the body function that usually keeps you from sleep walking). The easiest way to end it is to stay calm and wait for it to end.

Ya I noticed cant move body wile dreaming first way I can tell if Im dreaming or not, it was only in the 1 situation were I really wanted to move and GTFO my room and wake up were it was a problem.Being able to feel wile dreaming during a bad dream, And not move,BAD Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:57 am

Boring,already self-learnt.

Look out for suspicious things,even though it may not seem suspicious.

It's like riding a bike,once you learn it,you won't forget it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log   

Back to top Go down

Cybernetic's Lucid Dreaming Log
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forums hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com