Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster
Gerrion

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:51 am

On the third storyline of Packet, our only mate in Cosmic Break EN (for the moment), we have to clear "Cacpetus Vacation" on Hard Mode. Many players have been having troubles here and there about it, so i've decided to make a stable guide about the mission, including a video with tips Cool

Step One: Assigning a commando.

The first step is making a commando for the mission. Although many robots are up to the task, one thing must be taken into account: you have a limited cost of 1000 capacity for the mission. Using a very powerfull robot can be risky, and the long duration of the mission increases the chances of accidents happening (and lagg is always around the corner), therefore bringing 2 low capacity robots which combined cost that does not reach 1000 is a solid investement, while it allows you to choose the third robot (Do remember that, if he also dies, it's game over).

Due to the confined space of the first part of the mission, along with the heavy variety of attacks possible by the enemy, air robots are the most reccomended robots to start the mission.

The commando i've used in the video, possible to be obtained by UC players, is the following:

Sword Wing (with just a Wide Beam Gun) -> Mecha Jetter (also with just a Wide Beam Gun) -> Izuna Kamui Nagi (equiped with a Twin Blaster and if possible another Wide Beam Gun)

Sword Wing and Izuna are easilly obtainable in the shop. Mecha Jetter is a bit harder to get due to the 15 rt, but it can be obtained from lotto cubes, and its parts can be sold in the bazaar. Both robots are below the 1000 range when at level 0, but two Sword Wings with just the weapon also apply, but note that your survivability will be lower. While the two first robots cannot be increased in level (that causes capacity to rise), the last one has no issues (My Izuna was lvl 10 on the attempt), and 5 capacity cartridges can enable you to equip the Twin Blaster and other parts.

Regarding weapons, the Wide Beam Guns' projectile size and large ammo, along with no penalties on stats and 50 cost (medium to small cost), makes it a good choice for hitting the small targets in the mission with no fear of ammo issues, while the Twin Blaster is an excellent weapon to take down the final (and huge) boss. All of them are avainable in the UC shop, and are not needed to be tuned for the mission (it causes capacity to go up too).

Step Two: Practicing on Easy Mode

Once you choose your robots, going straight for the mission on Hard is unadvised. The Easy setting has the same cost limit, so practicing your battles and tactics there is better. Almost all the robots will be present as on Hard, so it's a good place for practice.

Once you clear the place twice or thrice on Easy, Hard should pose little challenge to you.

Last edited by Gerrion on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster
Gerrion

PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 am

Layout:

Phase 1: Know your enemy

Wave 1: Cacpetus M & Cacpetus S
This starter wave is the surprise attack upon reaching your holiday spot. Though they're easy to take out, their numbers and random fire makes it a rough start. Expect to be hit a few times here, and don't feel embarrased if you actually die here on your first times. Just learn and adapt yourself.

Wave 2: Totem Cacpetus SH & Camel Cacpetus
Easy wave, just avoid standing still for too long, as the Totems can surprise you. See my video for how to deal with them. As for the camels, just avoid mellee range and you'll be fine.

Wave 3: Cacpetus L
An even easier wave. Just note that these larger foes shoot bigger projectiles, so get used to their size and simply dodge.

Wave 4: Totem Cacpetus GN & Cacpetuscopter
The good news is that you'll face GNs only on this part, and then you'll probably never face them again. The bad news is that their firepower is very strong. But if you'll simply fly always to one side, like on the video, you can easily defeat them. Just make sure you kill each of them before your boost gauge runs low.
The cacpetuscopter are not much of a problem, but don't face them head-to-head if you can.

Wave 5: Guider & Totem Cacpetus SH
The Guider is very dangerous, and can be considered a mini-boss due to it. His flamethrower is tricky to dodge if not carefull and its burn can make you lose balance in the fight, not to mention the insane damage. Check the video on how to handle it. Saddly, you'll face 3 of them on your mission, so get used to fighting them. Just note that if you attack him from above, the cacpetus above will take those hits like a shield and be destroyed first.

Wave 6: Quartetpeus & Leox
The Quartetpeus have a lot of guns, so take him first and fast before it becomes a problem. Leox is a slow sword user, so take it easy and at a distance.

Wave 7: Multihand Cacpetus
The miniboss of this part. Has various weapons with swords and guns, so take a safe distance and keep always on the move.

Phase 2: Know the terrain

Once you clear your zone, you'll need to go beyond it and clear a larger portion of the area before you can clear the mission

Wave 1: Pteraoth, Totem Cacpetus SP & Totem Cacpetus SH
The Pteraoth are sharpshooters of the skies that should be taken down first. They have cacpetus on their backs, which also count as shields. Also, the Totems are on higher slopes, so they will be trickier to defeat. Start always with those on the higher ground. Remember that the SP ones spin deadly blades if you get near.

Wave 2: Guider & Multihand Cacpetus
Again, take care with the Guider. Claiming the skies is important for your air robots. The multihanded one will be easier to care in the wider plains, just don't fall into the water.

Wave 3: Cacpetus S
Easy wave, and last one before...

Boss: Brutal King, King Cacpetus

The boss is a oversize cacpetus which guns with lots of bullets (like shotguns and blasters) are effective gainst them. His attacks are a bazooka shot from the mouth ( the radius of the bullet is very huge, so take care) and a raid of greanades on random places that can cause "Burn" status. A large number of Totem Cacpetus SP are glued to him, so attacking him in mellee will make them attack you (making it one of the reasons why i don't use Land robots on this mission).

Other robots in the area are Leox (ignore him if ou manage to keep in the air all the time), Guider (very dangerous and should be taken down first), Cacpetuscopter (easy to kill if it stands in your way) and cacpetus S & M (should also be ignored).

Follow these tips and the ones in the video and victory will be yours, so you can continue to please Packet.

Good luck, and best of all, have fun!

Last edited by Gerrion on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:59 am

Personal experience: Mach Knight and Dikaros, both with Wide Beam Gun and Mini Zooka can get you through most of it. Sometimes I got to finish it without using the third bot, which can be whatever you want anyway.
All I do is fly from 1 side to another (between the highest parts), but instead of going straight ahead, I do an arc like trajectory.
Mini zooka is good for the shielded enemies.
Those 2 bots plus the third one never failed to get me through it, never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 pm

This mission was a lot harder before we had so much Rt stuff to work with, lol.

I remember the old recommendation of "two 449-cost crims and another air of your choosing", but I found it much better to do a sub-1000 cost bot along with said air.

If you're limited to UC weaponry, a force tuned big mountaiz am2/omega blaster should be able to last you the entire fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:43 pm

well,
maybe using certain OP bot, no die cuz unlimited healing/shields
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster
Gerrion

PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Quote :
Personal experience: Mach Knight and Dikaros, both with Wide Beam Gun and Mini Zooka can get you through most of it.

True, but Mini Zooka lowers your stats. Wide Beam Gun does not, which is one of the suggestions i've placed.

Quote :
If you're limited to UC weaponry, a force tuned big mountaiz am2/omega blaster should be able to last you the entire fight.

True, but i've made this guide with the possibility of bad luck and sometimes laggspikes. Consider having 3 lifes on the challenge, each stonger than the next. Having just one life can make things tricky if lagg or other problem kicks in. Nonetheless, it is valid and can be used if the player doesn't have said omens.

And i'd like to note that i've finished the guide. Remember to also comment the positive features, and ways that can improve the guide #em1

Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Quote :
True, but Mini Zooka lowers your stats. Wide Beam Gun does not, which is one of the suggestions i've placed.
Stats doesn't matter.
Equip both and you will do just fine.

Both never failed to get me through it, never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)   

Back to top Go down

Cacpetus Hard Mode Guide (with video!!!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com