Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FlyingRep
FlyingRep

Male Posts : 50

PostSubject: The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Hey, I've been at an understanding a lot of Newbies (On this forum or not) are having a lot of trouble with the game. (Wether it being Higher rank players, no money ETC.) Here's a guide to being better at the game NO MONEY REQUIRED!

Follow these simple tips, and you'll go from Last to First! Good luck and have fun!

1. The way of the low rank bots.

All bots are decent, you just need to know how to use them. Even the starter bots like Jaguar Arm, and Mach Knight, can be pretty good in battle if used correctly. (I have a video of me placing first as Mach Knight without dying I shall be uploading soon) Most bots come as a ready-to-battle type format. You just need to figure out what the bots purpose is for. But if you must alter the stats, TUNE. I had a hard time as a low rank because I never thought tuning was needed, and I sold all of my tuning materials for a quick buck the next bazaar. Boy was I wrong. Tuning gives you the extra bump for the stats you want. Save some extra money, and once you get to the higher rank, Buy the tuning materials you need! Don't sell your extra tuning materials either, You may need to tune later with those materials and say, "Oh darn I shouldn't have sold those Engine Shafts." Or something like that.

You can also exchange parts too, which is cool too, but look at the stats, and more importantly LOOK AT THE COST.
Once you have enough money, you can buy that 40k UC bot just for the one AM you needed.

2. Communication.

Pay attention to the chat and use the commands more often, If your team is in need of a medic, then you should take your medic there, or switch to a medic class. Generally, if your team is saying ** Retreat! ** You should get out of there! Use the "Z", "X", "C" Commands for whatever shout-outs you need! Chat is good too but don't use it in the middle of a fight, you'll leave yourself vulnerable!

3. Teamwork.

If you are a pro rank with the best bots and tactics available, then sure go for the lone wolf strategy. But since your new this HIGHLY Ill-advised. Stay with your team EVEN IF THEY ARE CAMPING. It has a less chance of you being targeted/killed, And if you need back-up, your team is there for you! Just be careful of those Fire Pillars and those Hurricane Blows.

4. Items.

Find a Hurricane Blow or a Hipporoid on the ground? SAVE IT. Don't use it at the first enemy you see. Things like Hipporoids are good for decoys when you need to escape. The things like hurricane blows are best used when you find a group of enemies. If you use it on one person it's a bit of a waste don't you think? Don't steal other peoples drops either!

5. Stick to your Rank Lobby

Stick to your rank lobby, if you are circle rank it will usually be at bottom of the list. Don't go to the higher rank lobbies there will be people ALOT better than you, and you don't want that.

6. Be a good sport.

No one likes being with a spoiled sport, be respectful. Don't complain about your teammates sucking if you lose or whatever, just say GG, and respectfully discuss it if you must. Winners aren't off the hook either, winners tend to rub it in the losers faces when they win. Don't mock about how they lost or how bad they suck that's just plain rude. No one likes being with people like that.

7. Have Fun!

The point of a game is to have fun! If you aren't having fun, take a break, and come back later. I have always found things easier when I take a break and come back to them.

8. Tactics.

One of the most important things of the game, Tactics. Form your own unique strategy according to your bot, and use some of these tips!

I. Persistence. If you found an enemy who's got low health and is trying to get away, DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN. Chase after him, and kill him before he reaches his group!

II. Choosing your targets. Don't head straight on into a group, you'll get slaughtered! Stick with your group and if you see someone singled out, go for it! Don't pick anyone who you are at a disadvantage to though. An AIR shouldn't go 1v1 with an ART unless you are pro with melee. Which wont happen unless you have the right parts. Find an enemy you have an advantage over.

III. Arena. Use the obsticals to your advantage, if you have a group chasing after you, get to higher ground or find lots of twists and turns to lose them at. It's always best to attack an enemy from higher ground, climb on top of some big crates you see over there, Or stick near the Power Spot and give a little boost to your protection and your weapons.

IV. When to shoot your gun. If you run a melee bot, sometimes it not always best to spam right click. If someone gets from your stunning-grasp, chase after them with your gun, and try to pin them in a corner. Once they are in a corner use your melee again. But persistence can get you killed, if your enemy is near other enemies or the Power Spot, it's best to get out of there.

V. It's best to know your bot type better, Check out the other type guides here on the forum, and experiment a bit!

Thanks for your time, and have fun with your new strategies!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 pm

@FlyingRep wrote:

All bots are decent, you just need to know how to use them. Even the starter bots like Jaguar Arm, and Mach Knight, can be pretty good in battle if used correctly. (I have a video of me placing first as Mach Knight without dying I shall be uploading soon) Most bots come as a ready-to-battle type format. You just need to figure out what the bots purpose is for. But if you must alter the stats, TUNE. I had a hard time as a low rank because I never thought tuning was needed, and I sold all of my tuning materials for a quick buck the next bazaar. Boy was I wrong. Tuning gives you the extra bump for the stats you want. Save some extra money, and once you get to the higher rank, Buy the tuning materials you need! Don't sell your extra tuning materials either, You may need to tune later with those materials and say, "Oh darn I shouldn't have sold those Engine Shafts." Or something like that.

You can also exchange parts too, which is cool too, but look at the stats, and more importantly LOOK AT THE COST.
Once you have enough money, you can buy that 40k UC bot just for the one AM you needed.

You say this and you still complain about not having a use for Maril March. Then talk to us like we're dumbasses when we have a use for her AM2.

And there are still bots who have a useless ability e.g crabberoid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:51 pm

@FlyingRep wrote:
Even the starter bots like Jaguar Arm, and Mach Knight, can be pretty good in battle if used correctly. (I have a video of me placing first as Mach Knight without dying I shall be uploading soon)

Only possible in circle rank rooms, and even then those rooms have Initium moes in them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:58 pm

doesn't FunThingsAreFun have a post about this already? in fact, it's more detailed.

it's right there in one of the "Sticky" posts.

nice try though :/

btw, about you mentioning that you were able to get first place with Mach Knight? not possible unless in ore hero arenas, or in CBTW (before mialy and fia came about).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.   Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:03 am

@FlyingRep wrote:
All bots are decent, you just need to know how to use them. Even the starter bots like Jaguar Arm, and Mach Knight, can be pretty good in battle if used correctly.
Hardly true. While you can at least make a mid-tier bot out of most cores, quite a few cores are trash (and some, namely Shine Battler, Jaguar Arm, and Crabberoid, are beyond saving). Could I make a build out of a Jaguar Arm core that'd get me top 5 at the least almost every game? I can think of several viable configurations off the top of my head without needing to look at parts or tunes to see what fits. Would I use it in a tournament? No way in hell.

There's a large difference between "good against these people" and "legitimately good", and very few people actually make that distinction.

@FlyingRep wrote:

3. Teamwork.

If you are a pro rank with the best bots and tactics available, then sure go for the lone wolf strategy.
>best tactics
>lone wolf

???

@FlyingRep wrote:
The things like hurricane blows are best used when you find a group of enemies.
There are a lot more legitimate uses for hurricane blows, and I'd argue that using them to knock away a single target giving you hell when you aren't in a position to retaliate safely is by far the best use.

Hurricane Blasting crowds isn't always the best idea either. Many a time I've seen someone think they're helping by sneaking behind the enemy PS and hurricane blasting everyone, when in fact all they just did was shove eight hypershot-buffed opponents right on top of our heal group.

There are a few other things that bother me a bit via implication but I'm not really sure how to approach those so I'll just ignore them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.   Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 am

Don't follow this guide pls, instead follow the stickied guide, this guide have many faults as the people above me have posted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.   

Back to top Go down

The Peoples Guide to Being Better at The Game.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com