Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:42 am

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc [/youtube]

Ive been tryna figure it out all day I dont get it whats its goal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:59 am

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:01 am

The U.S. Goverment already has tabs on him and leaks out information to rebel groups we have about a 100 soldiers keeping tabs on him, Thats about all we can should and will do.

But is that it. Anyone who can do anything already knows him.

It even states what I just said in the wiki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:04 am

They want the population to know about it. They're trying to get it to mainstream media.
Population knows about it = Population starts complaining/protesting about it = Governments do something about it.
Population knows about it = Population organizes = Population helps them by gathering money, etc.

Go watch the video at 21:40
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 am

@UncleBobbie wrote:
They want the population to know about it. They're trying to get it to mainstream media.
Population knows about it = Population starts complaining/protesting about it = Governments do something about it.
Population knows about it = Population organizes = Population helps them by gathering money, etc.

Go watch the video at 21:40

There goverment not ours right and later Im really tired. Bodys not doing its best couldnt even run a mile today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:37 am

....?

Why is always the overly religious people that cause others harm? Isn't religion suppose to be like, hope-bringing?

More guerrilla warfare...

I haven't watched the video yet, but from Bobbie's URL I'm not looking too fondly on this. And also, wondering if the Vlogbrothers will make a video on this now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 am

@Suki_Eve wrote:
....?

Why is always the overly religious people that cause others harm? Isn't religion suppose to be like, hope-bringing?

More guerrilla warfare...

I haven't watched the video yet, but from Bobbie's URL I'm not looking too fondly on this. And also, wondering if the Vlogbrothers will make a video on this now...

Everything use for good can be used for evil, Everything used or evil can be used for good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:43 am

@boytitan2 wrote:

There goverment not ours

We think they need our help. So yeah, we need our government to help them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:54 am

@UncleBobbie wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

There goverment not ours

Of course they need or help they have no chance of winning. Which is a bad thing. Stuff like this should be kept behind closed doors helping them would only hurt us. Plus if we help one country we end up having to help em all. It always goes bad when we help people out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
@UncleBobbie wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

There goverment not ours

Of course they need or help they have no chance of winning. Which is a bad thing. Stuff like this should be kept behind closed doors helping them would only hurt us. Plus if we help one country we end up having to help em all. It always goes bad when we help people out.

People think that they need help, that's why they're doing this whole Kony compaing stuff.
They care for those people and they know they can help them by raising awareness.

*abandoning thread*

(Inb4 I reply again ._.")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:47 am

Hmm, i believe that in this case you need to look beyond what you see...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am

Only thing I could think about is Pony jokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Gerrion that shit is so true its not funny. I figured it was some shit like that but didnt realise it was that smart government I am impressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Lol Gerrion, nice find xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Quote :
Lol Gerrion, nice find xD

Thanks. I wasn't really thinking much, but after seeing this i had to link it. Not because it's funny, but to show everyone this perspective.

And the words i said before the spoiler, well, let's just say the problem in this video isn't related, but the philosophy sure is.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign   

Back to top Go down

Da hell is the point to this KONY campaign
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com