Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Welp this guide's a few months overdue.  Oh well, better late than never right?

What are Revenge Tunes?

Revenge Tunes are hybrid tunes that can only be applied to LG parts.  Though a little costly in terms of mats, the cost:effectiveness ratio on revenge tunes is probably better than that of any other tune in the game, even considering a good portion of its effect is based on a gamble.

What do Revenge Tunes do for me?

All three Revenge Tunes have three parts to their effect, two of those parts being identical for all three tunes.

1. Flat +10 HP, no strings attached.
2. Occasionally when stunned, the status buff the tune is named for will activate.
3. When #2 takes place, you also receive an all-guard buff tied in with it (30% damage reduction from all sources, 10% reduction against your bot type's weakness)

So what kinds of Revenge Tunes are there?

Crimson Veil
- Provides total immunity to stun and knockback.  Movement-inhibiting status effects such as burn and slow will still mess with movement, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think.
- The stunning hit that procs CV will also have its stun ignored.
- Stun immunity status results in zero stun regain cooldown, meaning in certain situations it's possible to actually heal more damage than you're taking due to excessive chain heals.
- Stun immunity also means no stun invulnerability frames, however.

What I would use this on: Melee bots, airs, pumpgun hoppers.  Bots that need to get close to be effective, melee bots especially due to subweapon interval mechanics, as well as bots that particularly can't afford to be stunned.

Other thoughts: Though it doesn't come with the damage reduction tuning tgh would provide (unless you count all-guard), low-tgh cveil will probably proc often enough to suitably substitute for high tgh values.  It's a lot cheaper and more slot efficient to tune x2 cv than to attempt to, say, tune tgh from 9 to 40.

Also worth noting, stun immunity tends to result in CV reproccing while already active.

Clearance
- Provides total immunity from all status debuffs, ranging from burning to slow to late clock to weapon binds and everything in between.
- Of special note, Clearance is the only Revenge Tune that costs 20.  The others are 30.

What I would use this on: Primarily hoppers, it's also particularly useful on Ivis and Dracken as Revenge: Clearance stacks with their CV self-buffs.  Same goes for Eris and her general stun immunity half the time.  Everything benefits from status immunity, and even in arenas devoid of debuffs you're only paying 10 extra cost past that +10 HP for a chance at 30% damage reduction.  The sheer efficiency of Clearance makes it an all-around solid tune choice for adding more durability at little cost.

Other thoughts:

Hypershot
- Provides Hyper Shot.  Pretty self-explanatory.

What I would use this on: Bots with high ammo weapons that they never burn through completely every life (Huge Gatling, Slice Gun), main weapons that get a significant performance increase with hyper shot (Albatreos HD, Slice Gun), or long cooldown subweapons (Force Barrier LGJ, Beetlander HD, etc).

Other thoughts: The most situational of the three.  Depends more on weapon type than bot type.

Should I be Revenge Tuning everything then?

Not necessarily.  Many builds don't have room for revenge tunes, and would benefit more from maxing their mobility/offensive stats first.  There are more builds that benefit from them than there are builds that don't, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Quite a good guide, Suguri, and thanks for updating it.

I have a question though: Suppose i take stun regain on my mellee robot, and tune Crimson Veil on his LG parts. If i win the Crimson Veil effect, since i'm no longer stunnable (at least for some time), i won't be gaining the healing component from Stun Regain while it's active, correct?

Last edited by Gerrion on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling issues)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:13 pm

You're so helpful Suguri T ^ T. Thank you soo much for posting this.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:21 pm

please tell us several kind of "stun" or "knockback" that rarely or even NEVER proc revenge tunes. I know Vox Altus never activated my CV (not even once when someone in my clan test it) and alia attack rarely do even tho both easily stunlock us to the death. there is no point use revenge against voxaltus .___.

also, nodo said Alia's not really stun but "freeze" effect but, but when CV activated, I noticed alia attack do proc stun regain a lot.

I think rain of arrow also a type of stun but never noticed activated revenge tunes too (while on CV we not get lift up means it's also a type of stun which cancelled by CV)

C.S have fun inventing multiple type of "stun" which never activated revenge What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mew
The Ultimate Negro

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:29 pm

People need to use Clearance way more often.

Needs more appreciation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:32 pm

^ I use it, on my ivis and seraph .___.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:38 pm

@Gerrion wrote:
Quite a good guide, Suguri, and thanks for updating it.

I have a question though: Suppose i take stun regain on my mellee robot, and tune Crimson Veil on his LG parts. If i win the Crimson Veil effect, since i'm no longer stunnable (at least for some time), i won't be gaining the healing component from Stun Regain while it's active, correct?
Blocked stuns can still heal you via stun regain.

yay videos:

@Nymph~ wrote:
please tell us several kind of "stun" or "knockback" that rarely or even NEVER proc revenge tunes. I know Vox Altus never activated my CV (not even once when someone in my clan test it) and alia attack rarely do even tho both easily stunlock us to the death. there is no point use revenge against voxaltus .___.

also, nodo said Alia's not really stun but "freeze" effect but, but when CV activated, I noticed alia attack do proc stun regain a lot.

I think rain of arrow also a type of stun but never noticed activated revenge tunes too (while on CV we not get lift up means it's also a type of stun which cancelled by CV)
Vox Altus can activate stun regain and revenge tunes first hit, but the 5~10s the explosion hits you for afterward won't do anything.

Melee has two components to its stun; there's the guaranteed stun just because it's melee, but anything past that is still dependent on damage dealt, etc. That's probably what you're seeing with Aila, she isn't actually stunning hard enough for it to activate.

and >listening to nodo
Nodo still thinks h.glad doesn't do anything on Vanguards ok

Couldn't tell you about arrow rain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Doesn't Verymelon have a video of a Berrl healing him with the draw gun during epoch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Doesn't Verymelon have a video of a Berrl healing him with the draw gun during epoch?
He thought it was the drawgun, it was actually everything else shooting him. Drawguns don't activate stun regain or revenge tunes, they just pull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm

@Suguri wrote:

Vox Altus can activate stun regain and revenge tunes first hit, but the 5~10s the explosion hits you for afterward won't do anything.
dafuq, I never get mine activated, EVER

@Suguri wrote:
Melee has two components to its stun; there's the guaranteed stun just because it's melee, but anything past that is still dependent on damage dealt, etc. That's probably what you're seeing with Aila, she isn't actually stunning hard enough for it to activate.
2xCVed but never got activated in 3 match in a row after got stunned from 600++ hp to death without able to use the firebunker even ONCE after caught by alia, i would not said it "isn't actually stunning hard enough" or maybe I just damn UNLUCKY .___.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1124

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Watching some vids on nico, there's no contest between CV - HS for beetlander HD.
Conclusion was basically: it doesn't matter that you can mash the attack when you get stunned before it actually does anything every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm

@VeryMelon wrote:
Watching some vids on nico, there's no contest between CV - HS for beetlander HD.
Conclusion was basically: it doesn't matter that you can mash the attack when you get stunned before it actually does anything every time.

Isn't that why some people go for CV since Beet HD can be stopped when stunned during the attack?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm

^And you just repeated exactly what he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Somebody recommend me awesome M-size LGs that every bottype can use. :V
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Mach Knight LG/Paraboroid LG?

Those are as one-size-fit-all as they get, you'll have to be more specific if you want better recommendations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaosuseki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Okay, I have a question too. What is tough runners' effect on revenge tunes? Because I have a bot with 32 tgh, 2 cv tunes, and tough runner, but it never seems to proc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 pm

@Kaosuseki wrote:
Okay, I have a question too. What is tough runners' effect on revenge tunes? Because I have a bot with 32 tgh, 2 cv tunes, and tough runner, but it never seems to proc.
Couldn't tell ya. The limited testing I did on Tough Runner had rather bizarre results, and I have no plans to reinstall to mess with it more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 pm

@Kaosuseki wrote:
what attack u receive, lots of attack nowdays rarely activated revenge even tho they stun (yeah, I have 9 bot with revenge tunes, painfull ya know), need a resha to test something cuz I think CV make another revenge easier to proc..
draw gun don't really activated CV and stun regain, but do drawgun proc stun regain when CV activated ?
just like meta catus never activated my CV, but CV with stun regain it HEAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:22 am

will clearance tune negate the stunlock caused by Vox? or will it only ignore the debuff? Surprised

i'm trying to figure out a way to mash in dbl/triple clearance tune in my build either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:52 am

@SmileBrush wrote:
will clearance tune negate the stunlock caused by Vox? or will it only ignore the debuff? Surprised
Just the debuff.

You'll take a lot less damage thanks to all-guard though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asagi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Female Posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 am

Sugu Forgot to point out that Clearance Negates anything that gives jamming points such as Greinaught's Gravity and pullguns even though they aren't a status effect, on a side note if you get pullgunned while Clearance is up you'll get around a 1s invis frame from the pullgun "stun" this keeps you from being locked in place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:52 pm

from my experience:

drawguns do not count as stun for the activation of stunregain/revenge
however, they DO count as stuns when you have crimson veil activated

there are specific melee weapons that will cause a stun whenever they hit, prime example: spikebits or many knockback melee (example: deadalian AM2 Shino LG3)
most meleeweapons without those gimmick mechanics will not cause stuns (they just incapacitate your bot, this is also the effect from melfis arrow rain)

crimson veil makes immune to stun and incapacitates

crimson veil on 40 tough bots is a really bad idea, most enemy TEAMS are unable to put enough damage into your bot. to get reliable results even with tripple revenge tunes, going in with an overtuned bot will require extensive planning on every attack you do, to get all the attention you need
my most reliable results where propably with about 30 toughness for a pure tanking bot in 15v15 rooms, 40 toughness rarely works in rooms with less than 20vs20 players (it is pretty fun whenever it works but i can say that i got nuked from 100% to 0% multiple times without crimson veil or stun regain showing any effect)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:34 pm

@Asagi wrote:
Sugu Forgot to point out that Clearance Negates anything that gives jamming points such as Greinaught's Gravity and pullguns even though they aren't a status effect, on a side note if you get pullgunned while Clearance is up you'll get around a 1s invis frame from the pullgun "stun" this keeps you from being locked in place.
grenaout gravity still affecct clearance, tested..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 am

Thanks for this, I was ignoring the revenge tunes cause I didn't think it'd matter that much, but I didn't know that CV also negated the first stun. I slapped this on my Hound Dog and got lucky with it proc'ing several times in arena/epoch battles letting me survive quite a bit longer then normal. I think that is 20 cost well spent Very Happy (10 cost negated by 10 hp). I'd say this is a must for any decent melee(unless you're a cheap annoying Eris or Resha).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:11 pm

And traps?

Clearance facerolls traps, right?

That's why you'll want Clearance for Trap Haku?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   

Back to top Go down

Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com