Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lag FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Lag FAQ   Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:54 pm

People love to complain about lag, so I'm here to help you get rid of yours, or check why you are lagging.

Q: Why is it everyone is teleporting?
A: Your latency is delayed by more then 100ms, try closing all things using internet, such as downloads, youtube, torrents, etc.

Q: I did that, but nothing happened.
A: If that doesn't fix it, try checking your ping to the cali servers, depending on your location, your ping could be higher or lower.

Q: My frame rate is getting really laggy, why is that?
A: This normally happens if you have a low end graphics card, or have other applications open, close them and it should fix it.

Q: What if I want to listen to music, yet you said no youtube?
A: Use windows media player, not winamp, as it can cause a lot of FPS lag in-game, or use an internet radio, though that can slow your connection.

Anything that you are wondering that I didn't cover? Just ask in a post, and I'll get back to you about it.

Also, if an admin is reading, please sticky it, it could be helpful to some people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:59 pm

1st of all, go to lat room to see if u or ppl are lagging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ZephyrKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Normally, lag I experience comes from anything using up CPU more than memory. I dunno why, but it helps to check your Processes in the Task Manager.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Q: My frame rate is getting really laggy, why is that?
The programmers at CyberStep made very laggy HUD.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Q: I never lag in any other online game at max graphics and anti-aliasing at the maximum. Why do I still lag with a 15mbps connection and living in north America while playing Cosmic Break? Note that I am only lagging since the famous 2 week old update or so.

A: Cyberstep servers or the game codes DO HAVE a problem, this isn't the players computers problem. Fix it already, Cyberstep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 am

The game is coded in Java which is one of the worst programming language to make games with.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 am

I get huge frame rate lag even with nothing but MSN and CB running. My Graphics card isn't THAT bad, since I can handle Blade&soul level graphics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:09 am

@Cybernetic wrote:
Q: Why is it everyone is teleporting?

Here's my answer: You entered a room filled with Indonesians.

LXE wrote:
The game is coded in Java which is one of the worst programming language to make games with.

Wasn't Minecraft coded in Java too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:15 am

@resireth wrote:
LXE wrote:

Wasn't Minecraft coded in Java too?
Yes, that's why lag is always problem for Minecraft.
Back to top Go down
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 am

@Hyoka wrote:
I get huge frame rate lag even with nothing but MSN and CB running. My Graphics card isn't THAT bad, since I can handle Blade&soul level graphics

Try exiting MSN, it may help, if it doesn't look through processes, depending on what browser you use (example:chrome) can open multiple processes, and they stay active even after you close it, just hit CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open task manager, and end the processes that are with the program that you do not want running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufei
Rufei

Male Posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:37 pm

LXE wrote:

Prior to JDK 1.5 I might've agreed with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:47 pm

previous problem:

I was browsing the firefall beta forums, and I found a REALLY helpful thing on lag, thanks to the red 5 guys for being able to define this!

Red 5 Staff wrote:
TLDR; Lag is an ambiguous term, it would help more if people used the terms below so we know exactly what the problem is.

One thing I've noticed is that people use the term "lag" to mean a lot of different things. I'm not trying to correct anyone, any feedback is good feedback, but if you want to be extra descriptive then you may consider using one of the more specific terms I'm listing below so we know exactly what your issue is and where to look for the bug or how to ask you for more information. These are certainly not the only terms that could be used for these symptoms, but in the interest of consistency I'm offering them up as "preferred terms" just so everyone know what everyone else is talking about.

"low framerate" - If your fps is particularly low, some would call this lag, but in the interest of distinguishing it from the other symptoms listed here, I'd like to ask that we call this out as specifically what it is.

"framerate hitches" - This is basically a framerate hiccup. Like if you have 30fps but every 2 seconds the game "hitches" for 100 ms you will notice. It can be very annoying and we try to squash these whenever we find them.

"server lag" - This would be characterized by rubber-banding, or jittering of ALL remote player movement that does not seem to affect framerate. If you only see banding or jittering on ONE remote player please report that as "player lag"

"server drop" - If you see everyone else stop but you appear to be able to move, but can't fire abilities, your connection to the server may have dropped (it may be able to recover)

"player lag" - If you and at least one other player seem to be experiencing normal gameplay, but someone else is popping around or rubber banding, then this may be player lag (i.e. they are having connection issues). The way we've written the netcode this should not happen --you should still see reasonable movement or standing still rather than popping regardless of their connection -- but we'd like to know about it if it does. It's always possible there's a bug that needs squishing.

"input lag" - Use this term if you feel like there's an unusual disconnect or lag between when you move the mouse, or fire abilities, and when you see that happen in the game.

Hope this helps you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Java...

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING?

.NET HAS BEEN OUT FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS!

This is the ultimate stupidity from CS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:51 pm

@Rufei wrote:
LXE wrote:

No matter how Java improves, it will never be as fast a C++. It's because of the way Java is structured and because of this it hogs a lot of memory when used.
That's why it's horrible.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 am

LXE wrote:
@Rufei wrote:
LXE wrote:

No matter how Java improves, it will never be as fast a C++. It's because of the way Java is structured and because of this it hogs a lot of memory when used.

Memory leaks can be avoided (mostly, that is) with trimming.
The thing is, CS just put the updates and NEVER CLEANS their client files too (aka obsolete data that hasn't been used for half a year or more.).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 am

True. The problem is that the developers are too damn lazy to shit, they're too busy spamming out new moe bots in the garapon.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 am

@Aria wrote:
LXE wrote:
@Rufei wrote:

The thing is, CS just put the updates and NEVER CLEANS their client files too (aka obsolete data that hasn't been used for half a year or more.).
Some good optimization would be great. :/

Also, the more CB uses your memory and CPU, the worse certain mechanics get.
If your rig is old and weak, things like the aim assist and homing stop working correctly, and I think that certain gimmicky weapons also stop working correctly as well. Same goes for the radar and short boost (like hopping once, and it does it twice when you are not even touching the keyboard anymore).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:02 am

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
@Aria wrote:
LXE wrote:

Some good optimization would be great. :/

Also, the more CB uses your memory and CPU, the worse certain mechanics get.
If your rig is old and weak, things like the aim assist and homing stop working correctly, and I think that certain gimmicky weapons also stop working correctly as well. Same goes for the radar and short boost (like hopping once, and it does it twice when you are not even touching the keyboard anymore).

It does gives some people a headache on others too, even high-end PCs. (points at FPS-chan)
It's just the client loads so much stuffs that it has to go through the old hashes that it needs more power.

Lowering in-game settings won't work if the client has so much garbage on it. [points at client getting bigger by the update w/o any optimization(s)].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lag FAQ   

Back to top Go down

Lag FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com