Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Toilet-Flusher
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Toilet-Flusher

Male Posts : 1045

A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 am

try to survive with one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:10 pm

The funny thing is, I see an alphag or axer in almost all of the bots in Adius' signature.
What were your other bots?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zerocl
[TRUE CHILEAN FLAITE]
zerocl

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:19 pm

So, basically feed like a boss and damage like a boss. Seriously, CB is the first game when dying a lot is encouraged and rewarded, ahue (the score system is so broken anyways)

p.s: In all honestity and respect Adius, please ...stop...writing...like that, it's aberrant
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Quote :
Ensure you have the shittiest internet in the server then spam the well-known idiot proof bots 24/7.

Easy top 10.
Well, if you want to get technical and remove the aspect of "game" and "socially acceptable".

Be a computer science expert specialized in networking software. Hack the bloody game. 1 button kill everyone. Not even lagger can stop you. If you are good enough, not even GM and CS employee can stop you from getting 1st.

@donggyu wrote:
The funny thing is, I see an alphag or axer in almost all of the bots in Adius' signature.
What were your other bots?

No one will not admit it is easy with those bots, what's wrong with using bots that complete the objective of the user? Are you going to accuse someone that got best support for using a support bot and healing people?

... Wait, am I getting between something personal? Very well then, I will just head out the door monkey

Also, CB system give a huge bonus for being shot at (contribution points being weighted heavy), that's one of the reason rambo is effective. Though I am not completely sure of every detail of what going into contribution points.

If you rambo into a 3 people group and died pathetically, your score will be equally pathetic.
If you rambo into 27 people and died pathetically, your score will be not bad.
Morale of the story. If there are 3 allies already shooting the damn rambo, go do something else instead of shooting it too, like the dumb sheep people are.

Now that I think about it... a question is raised.

How many points melee get for swinging at something?
Pretty sure it is 0. However, melee damage do give more points than shooting damage, but how much more exactly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:51 pm

@Adius wrote:
...by the way... my signature is suppose to be a joke... i was being ironic and sarcastic... for example "i dunno how to get first place"... and its a pic of me getting every award after a game... which means ... i probably got first place...

yeah that's what an e-Peen is. so is the undergraduate smartass thing. seriously, your advice is good, the topic is sound, everyone here is RIGHT TO SOME EXTENT( sometimes, when overpowered, you should definitely backline and flee. when the enemy team is shit, just tank them like a baws and win. but if you see an ag and you're using a melee, run baby) BUT you ARe being condescending and slightly annoying/douchy. just saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm

@zerocl wrote:
So, basically feed like a boss and damage like a boss. Seriously, CB is the first game when dying a lot is encouraged and rewarded, ahue (the score system is so broken anyways)

Go observe mode for a couple of games, and pay attention how not lagging players gets melted away by whole enemy team at PS (also note the cost penalty will greatly overshadow contrib points).
Then stalk fags like Frozzen, Indiana, Silent, FanService, Gammy...and any IFR and you'll see it's not only the score system being retarded.

Oh well, there're mostly lagtinos, indos and other people with shitty internet left here thanks to CS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

Male Posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 pm

amscray wrote:
@Adius wrote:
...by the way... my signature is suppose to be a joke... i was being ironic and sarcastic... for example "i dunno how to get first place"... and its a pic of me getting every award after a game... which means ... i probably got first place...

yeah that's what an e-Peen is. so is the undergraduate smartass thing. seriously, your advice is good, the topic is sound, everyone here is RIGHT TO SOME EXTENT( sometimes, when overpowered, you should definitely backline and flee. when the enemy team is shit, just tank them like a baws and win. but if you see an ag and you're using a melee, run baby) BUT you ARe being condescending and slightly annoying/douchy. just saying.

this is how i normally talk to people... in game and out... if that's what u want to call condescending and douchy then by all means... youre entitled to your opinion...

my ign is from a childhood memory... i actually got it from my cousin... ive been using it for over 10 years in online games now... i created the acronym when i joined cb and it was meant as a witty joke... but if you people cant see past that and want to accuse me of showing my e-peen then go ahead... you can be petty all you want... even though i created this thread to help out the community... i guess it was wasted effort... since instead of actually contributing suggestions... people just find it fun to criticize my mannerism instead of contributing to the topic...

oh btw... so its been mentioned twice now that people have the 'right' to criticize what im saying ... but do i not have the 'right' to have a fair rebuttal without other people interfering

... i know half of you are thinking that im butthurt or w/e... and i am annoyed at the fact that people are so petty... i would have loved to continue the argument about ramboing without people constantly bringing up my ign and how im showing my e-peen... honestly... if the thread is derailed like that again... i might as well just delete the guide... since the community is saying it's not significantly sound

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ill explain alil bit about my ign since everyone seems to be so goddam interested about it...

Adius comes from Dpaertius (my cousin's game name)... we used to play diablo together for a bit... i just thought it sounded ancient and latin and therefore kinda cool

but as it turned out... Adius just sounded Spanish (apparently it means something in Spanish)... and to stop ppl from calling me [ah-dee-us] and assuming im Spanish... i wanted everyone to realize it was [ay-dee-us] --> the correct phonemes for my ign... and from here i thought it was kinda funny because it was like i created a whole new word... and that's when i came up with the acronym for Adius...

it was just suppose to be an innocent, witty joke... not showing my e-peen

Last edited by Adius on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm

@Adius wrote:
amscray wrote:
@Adius wrote:

this is how i normally talk to people... in game and out... if that's what u want to call condescending and douchy then by all means... youre entitled to your opinion...

my ign is from a childhood memory... i actually got it from my cousin... ive been using it for over 10 years in online games now... i created the acronym when i joined cb and it was meant as a witty joke... but if you people cant see past that and want to accuse me of showing my e-peen then go ahead... you can be petty all you want... even though i created this thread to help out the community... i guess it was wasted effort... since instead of actually contributing suggestions... people just find it fun to criticize my mannerism instead of contributing to the topic...

oh btw... so its been mentioned twice now that people have the 'right' to criticize what im saying ... but do i not have the 'right' to have a fair rebuttal without other people interfering

... i know half of you are thinking that im butthurt or w/e... and i am annoyed at the fact that people are so petty... i would have loved to continue the argument about ramboing without people constantly bringing up my ign and how im showing my e-peen... honestly... if the thread is derailed like that again... i might as well just delete the guide... since the community is saying it's not significantly sound
I really hope that doesn't happen since I think this is a nice guide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:04 pm

this guide was not rushed in anyway... this is my experience that i am sharing with you guys... after 2500 hours of playing and reaching crown rank

it was meant to be a general guide for everyone who is struggling in arena...

i noticed how some players cant seem to escape the low level rooms, low ranking rooms and low br rooms because they don't know what to do...

it is pitiful when i can create an alt... and go into a room and get 1st place with higher ranks in them... using a free shaden from new year login prize and uc untuned stuff

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

this guide is meant to help people enhance their playing experience... there was no malice or narcissism on my behalf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 pm

the biggest problem with ramboing is that while it gives the player higher scores, it also can hurt the players team ALOT more than the enemy team

aside from that, ramboing is a valid strategy and it should be known by now that the game does not penalize dieing enough to make ramboing unattractive for PERSONAL score ( which is the only thing this thread is about in the first place, so yeah )

what turkeysaur mentioned is also a huge factor
its like hatemashine is a shadow of it former self in low lat rooms contrary to how freakin annoying they where before the low lat rooms came into the game (in both, its defensive and offensive capabilitys)
on that note: especially indiana is annoying with his " i dont lag its all mad skills " attitude
i hate people that think they magically dodge everything while doing nothing but mindlessly spamming high speed movements without wasting any thought about how they could be used to dodge intentionally (or the connection needed to back those speeds up, in indianas case: kuten melee + zero fighter booster)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:44 pm

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
the biggest problem with ramboing is that while it gives the player higher scores, it also can hurt the players team ALOT more than the enemy team

aside from that, ramboing is a valid strategy and it should be known by now that the game does not penalize dieing enough to make ramboing unattractive for PERSONAL score ( which is the only thing this thread is about in the first place, so yeah )

what turkeysaur mentioned is also a huge factor
its like hatemashine is a shadow of it former self in low lat rooms contrary to how freakin annoying they where before the low lat rooms came into the game (in both, its defensive and offensive capabilitys)
on that note: especially indiana is annoying with his " i dont lag its all mad skills " attitude
i hate people that think they magically dodge everything while doing nothing but mindlessly spamming high speed movements without wasting any thought about how they could be used to dodge intentionally (or the connection needed to back those speeds up, in indianas case: kuten melee + zero fighter booster)

yes this guide is about getting 1st place in arena... not teamwork... and if you know how to rambo properly then you should be able to get first place

imo... teamwork in cben is like finding a needle in a haystack... very hard to find

but sometimes in low lats rooms... you can have two very balanced teams and thats when the game gets really interesting because teamwork is key to winning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

m8 i'm sorry if i offended you and didn't i say that it was true but somewhat situational? thats all. and i didn't ask about the ign but it's a nice one and pretty original which is something that i respect. my ign, idk how original it is (Moghul) since it's a misspelling of the word mogul that i stuck with since i was a kid but i have yet to see anyone with it so... better than xxXDEATHXxx

EDIT: also, i never said you weren't good just that you are too boastful. i suck, i know that but as long as i get top 10 i'm happy and i consider it a win. you're obv better so i'm not criticizing the way you play, just pointing out that that may not work for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:27 pm

amscray wrote:
m8 i'm sorry if i offended you and didn't i say that it was true but somewhat situational? thats all. and i didn't ask about the ign but it's a nice one and pretty original which is something that i respect. my ign, idk how original it is (Moghul) since it's a misspelling of the word mogul that i stuck with since i was a kid but i have yet to see anyone with it so... better than xxXDEATHXxx

EDIT: also, i never said you weren't good just that you are too boastful. i suck, i know that but as long as i get top 10 i'm happy and i consider it a win. you're obv better so i'm not criticizing the way you play, just pointing out that that may not work for everyone.

I guess my guide wasn't as clear and concise as I had hope it would be. People are still having misunderstandings about some of the stuff in it. I will go over it once more and hopefully this will make it a little bit more clearer for everyone.

section 1: This part of the guide is just pointing out the ways you can abuse the scoring system (i.e. rambo/break P.S.).

section 2: This part of the guide is pointing out how you don't have to rambo and still get first place (e.g., Ouka).

section 3: This part of the guide is pointing out that using some bots and tuning certain weapons can give you an edge (e.g., tuning Stardust Canon with speed + paralyze tune). This section is also implying that certain players are just more skilled at shooting than others (I guess I should have named this section something like "Leet Shooters").

By the way, I would like to point out that I myself use these styles to play and I have witnessed others using these styles to play. Can any of you really tell me you have never seen:

section 1:
-someone ramboing with 2 or 3 melee bots
-someone breaking P.S. and hiding

section 2:
-Fia (the player not the bot)

section 3:
-Turkeysaur/Astral_Goddess with their EVEs
-anyone with megalightning gun

This guide was not meant to show how I play, I was hoping this guide would be a general guide that can help people with their playing styles.

Last edited by Adius on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm

@Adius wrote:

section 1:
-someone breaking P.S. and hiding
This is so fun. =v=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:43 pm

^ Sometimes me and my clannie do this together...
Especially on the Wide Glacier and Sunset City.....soooo fun Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:12 am

@Courius wrote:
@Adius wrote:

3. A Dangerously Intelligent Unsurpassed Shooter

-First way, you survive a whole match, while using a bot that can shoot from a distance, deal high damage and have an adequate amount of ammo. For example, Lily Rain EVE.

well... that in paper... in field lily rain eve gonna become most wanted target as soon as she sighted / shoot her cannon... whatever she have stealth system + sniper sight or not , everyone just gonna tunnel vision her due too dangerous yet too fragile, aka glass cannon.

I think better use more low profile bots but with same or almost par devasating power with her... Rail Gunners bot like Saggi Series , ArchShieben WT or Mialy should work. especialy last 2 are doing piercing railgun...

Or back to basic style using full tuned FLY-TEC 2 EIW Destructor (max version if can) or full tuned FLY-TEC 3 EIW desu girl (4 EIW doing better work, but not recommended due last 2 cart is important for her survival)

Mialy is a low profile bot? since when? the moment she uses her bit (hence two tiny star-like icons appear), all the enemy who have at least SOME map awareness will notice. it's just that Mialy is hard to catch becuz she snipes from a ridiculous range (same goes to EVE)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 am

HOW 2 FURST

1. SHOT DA BADD GAAIZZZ

2. DONT GET SHOT STUPID

3. UR NUMAWUN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 am

"How to Rambo well?" >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 am

@donggyu wrote:
"How to Rambo well?" >.<
1. STAB DA BAD GAIZ

2. DONT GET SHOT STOOPID

3. UR NUMAWUN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 pm

@donggyu wrote:
"How to Rambo well?" >.<

mobility + tgh/hp/shields/anti-homing/cv/stun regain/defense carts + dps + use your head a little
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spiketrigger

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:50 am

@Turkeysaur wrote:

Go observe mode for a couple of games, and pay attention how not lagging players gets melted away by whole enemy team at PS (also note the cost penalty will greatly overshadow contrib points).
Then stalk fags like Frozzen, Indiana, Silent, FanService, Gammy...and any IFR and you'll see it's not only the score system being retarded.

Oh well, there're mostly lagtinos, indos and other people with shitty internet left here thanks to CS.

Don't lag, but no 40 TGH/shields/stun regain? Don't melee near enemy crowds.

(It's also why I only touch melee only 1% of the time).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:30 am

I only like 2 and 3.
Mostly 3 since I'm an art player, though lately since CB gets slower and slower, even the aim correction starts failing pretty hard since my rig is from ancient times.
Something like, before I could hit Seraphs with the wings with the shop railgun, now sometimes I see my bullets going to pretty weird places when both me and the target are standing still. But this is a dying rig after all. (and this when it freezes, the bot spins and shoots to the opposite direction.)
My arts rarely use homing weapons, unless it's one of my Destructors or Lolibox, which I rarely use the later (well, sometimes I use Mialy as the second bot, but I dunno if my bits score all that much, since I can still hit with her since she doesn't need aim correction to hit people, and I don't hear the hit sound from the bits all that much. Still, I don't use her nearly as much as the first weeks after getting her. It felt too easy to play with her with the buff. Too bad because I wanted to main her when she first came out...), so with this rig I had to stop spamming arena as much and start doing other things. (Now I have no net as well, and while I'm using someone else's net, I can't actually play, and even logging in is hard sometimes, if not impossible.)

For 2, I never got Ouka, but since I got Kuten, I tuned and re-tuned until I got something that I liked and could play in way somewhat close what I would do with Ouka. Take routes that no one usually does, go to the enemy side, attack loner (healer takes priority if they are alone and even if the closest lone target is something else), run the hell out of there when enemies notice me and start coming after me en mass.
I find it a pretty interesting way of playing melee, since usually, and when the enemy actually hits you (like it should) and you have low tgh, it can really screw up your run, so you gotta know the map and where your targets usually are.

Even though I'm not a good melee player, (well, Kuten is rather easy to use anyway) knowing the maps and where people usually are, attacking and retreating when the time is right, and having really high mobility, it usually gets me going through an entire match, and if there's a good healer my score gets much higher since I keep going to attack and retreat more often.
I still remember when I started using Kuten. Failed so hard on the first runs. XDDD Wanted to score too fast, got killed as fast as well.

(Nice scores isn't only what satisfies me when I use her, it's that even though Kuten builds are all alike 99.9999% of the time, I "built" mine on my own, by tuning and testing several times. And it's funny how even though my build probably isn't the best, I still like it more than all the other builds that I saw posted around.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

@Malphes wrote:
HOW 2 FURST

1. SHOT DA BADD GAAIZZZ

2. DONT GET SHOT STUPID

3. UR NUMAWUN

seriously, quote of the century.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com