Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

Male Posts : 318

PostSubject: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 am

There are three ways to successfully get 1st place in arena.

[note: I am excluding the most obvious way to get 1st place, luck.]

***Remember, this is only a guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'. Nothing more, nothing less.***

1. Exploiting the Score System

-First way, you should set your commando to [1st rambo bot] + [2nd rambo bot] + [survival bot]. If you can successfully rambo with two bots, while making sure you get a lot of people to aim at you and gather as much damage as possible (around 1.5k -2k damage per rambo is good); there is a high chance you will get 1st place in that match, if you manage to survive the remaining part of the match with your 3rd bot (the survival bot). Preferably, you should gather 1k-4k contribution and 3k-4k damage, by the end of the match.

-Second way, you will need to use a P.S. breaker and survive a whole match. Try to break the P.S. as many times as possible.

2. Skilled Hunter

-You should use a bot that can survive the whole match. Your objective is to only aim at easy targets, while ensuring an escape route if you are fired at by multiple targets. This works well, if your bot is built with high mobility.

3. A Dangerously Intelligent and Unsurpassed Shooter

-First way, you should use a bot that can shoot from a distance, deal high damage and have an adequate amount of ammo; and survive a whole match. For example, Lily Rain EVE.

-Second way, you should use a bot that can deal high stun, deal high damage and have an adequate amount of ammo; and survive a whole match.

***Other Factors to Consider***
-Accumulating Awards at the End of the Match
-Cost
-Contribution
-DPS
-Number of Frags
-Star Rating System (in certain arena matches)

Last edited by Adius on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:39 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 am

4. DON'T LAG

Anyone becomes a free frag when lagging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:34 am

@Adius wrote:

3. A Dangerously Intelligent Unsurpassed Shooter

-First way, you survive a whole match, while using a bot that can shoot from a distance, deal high damage and have an adequate amount of ammo. For example, Lily Rain EVE.

well... that in paper... in field lily rain eve gonna become most wanted target as soon as she sighted / shoot her cannon... whatever she have stealth system + sniper sight or not , everyone just gonna tunnel vision her due too dangerous yet too fragile, aka glass cannon.

I think better use more low profile bots but with same or almost par devasating power with her... Rail Gunners bot like Saggi Series , ArchShieben WT or Mialy should work. especialy last 2 are doing piercing railgun...

Or back to basic style using full tuned FLY-TEC 2 EIW Destructor (max version if can) or full tuned FLY-TEC 3 EIW desu girl (4 EIW doing better work, but not recommended due last 2 cart is important for her survival)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:40 am

@Courius wrote:
@Adius wrote:

3. A Dangerously Intelligent Unsurpassed Shooter

-First way, you survive a whole match, while using a bot that can shoot from a distance, deal high damage and have an adequate amount of ammo. For example, Lily Rain EVE.

well... that in paper... in field lily rain eve gonna become most wanted target as soon as she sighted / shoot her cannon... whatever she have stealth system + sniper sight or not , everyone just gonna tunnel vision her due too dangerous yet too fragile, aka glass cannon.

I think better use more low profile bots but with same or almost par devasating power with her... Rail Gunners bot like Saggi Series , ArchShieben WT or Mialy should work. especialy last 2 are doing piercing railgun...

Or back to basic style using full tuned FLY-TEC 2 EIW Destructor (max version if can) or full tuned FLY-TEC 3 EIW desu girl (4 EIW doing better work, but not recommended due last 2 cart is important for her survival)

"for example"

... this is why i had to correct the grammar so many times... cuz i knew ppl will be picky... and try to argue with me

note where i put..."should" and "need"... because i do realize like everything in life... there are exceptions... for example... using a bot that deal high dps, could hunt, rambo and shoot from a distance...

the guide i posted above... is from my experience... and what i came to realize to be the most efficient ways of getting 1st place in arena
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 am

I agree with everything adius said. Not because it is adius. It is because it really is quite true.

However, I do feel the lack of "details" in explaining the system. Currently there isn't a single place to learn all the scoring mechanics to a newbie.

Also, I think each method deserve a difficulty rating. However, I also think difficulty is quite dependent on each individual's ability, so I don't know. Neutral I don't go around trying to find out what people are "actually" good at, so I don't have any way to benchmark general population.

Perhaps this thread can use some question and discussion on the game's scoring mechanics?

I start off.

Do you get more points for killing the highest in-game rank (not player rank) and less point for killing in-game low rank?
(from my observation, it look like it does, however I can't confirm it at all)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:15 am

@fhoeng wrote:
I agree with everything adius said. Not because it is adius. It is because it really is quite true.

However, I do feel the lack of "details" in explaining the system. Currently there isn't a single place to learn all the scoring mechanics to a newbie.

Also, I think each method deserve a difficulty rating. However, I also think difficulty is quite dependent on each individual's ability, so I don't know. Neutral I don't go around trying to find out what people are "actually" good at, so I don't have any way to benchmark general population.

Perhaps this thread can use some question and discussion on the game's scoring mechanics?

I start off.

Do you get more points for killing the highest in-game rank (not player rank) and less point for killing in-game low rank?
(from my observation, it look like it does, however I can't confirm it at all)

i will edit my guide accordingly... but you must remember that i kept it general because if i am too specific... people will always point out that there are other options...

also... there is a star rating system in this game for certain matches (this is different than your actual rank itself)... the more stars you earn (0-3 stars then crown)... the higher your cost will be... the person that aims at higher star individuals will also receive a higher score (compared to aiming a lower star individual)... the person that kills higher stars individuals will receive a higher score (compared to killing a lower star individual) ... so basically you can get 1st place in an arena match if you just kill a couple crown rating individuals without having to deal an excessive amount of damage overall...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster
Gerrion

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Quote :
2. Skilled Hunter

-You should use a bot that can survive the whole match. Your objective is to only aim at easy targets, while ensuring an escape route if you are fired at by multiple targets. This works well, if your bot is built with high mobility.

This is what i sometimes do, although i also aim at disrupting/healing bots so they stop crippling us.

Nuking healing chibis with a stardust cannon is what i love more to do with my Air bot.

No offense, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Aim for Circles up to Hexagon to ensure very high scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:21 pm

don't join mid match, there's posibility match is about going to end
i tend to join mid match tho to quickly open da cubes (blame CS)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:36 pm

I seem to do pretty well with Nicole Malice Skull. Usually I get Best Jammer and Destroyer, which gives me a pretty good chance of beating out the player who got Game Warrior and 1st place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm

yeah...
they sould modify jammer score from nicole and sup score from rouche, both can farming sup point like mad also buf sup point from healer. saw them both can reach 8K++ sup point/match is lulz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2802

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 pm

You get more points if you kill people with "simbols".

It shows when you finish guys with 2 or 3 stars, and killing a crownboy will get you a massive bonus.

PS: This thread is horrible. It sums almost everything wrong in cb.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tuskin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fucking typos.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am

now if only this thread was a guide for "How to actually win an Arena Match" it would be perfect c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:18 am

@Midreus wrote:
now if only this thread was a guide for "How to actually win an Arena Match" it would be perfect c:
*scratch head* scratch
Well, at least you aren't asking for a guide to "win epoch", because that would be like asking for a cure for stupidity.

For arena match, just fill the room with number 3 from this guide, and you can increase win rate significantly.

The most effective way to win an arena match on a "personal level" is to join team that have better players and bots. Anything else outside that depend on adapting to team composition, but most CBEN players refuse to adapt to team play, so a guide is just a wasted effort imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:18 am

Might want to include info for other rooms.

BR-restricted rooms are a lot different than unrestricted rooms. Also, 30vs30/15vs15.

And yeah, SUP is really weird...If there isn't a healer, sometimes I get best SUP for randomly collecting/distributing items.

I've started rambo-ing, but I never get the amount of points you list.

Whenever there's a Malice, I try to stop aiming for best Jammer. v.v
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:23 pm

You forgot the biggest tip:
NO DEATHS.
Not even for rambo trolololol.
It's what I do all the time. You don't often do high damage, but you're more likely to live if you play that way. Especially when you're piloting an Air.
And dying seems to be the biggest(not to mention only) way to get placed at the bottom of the pack.

Therefore, STOP RAMBOING...and you'll do better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:56 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
NO DEATHS.
It's what I do all the time. You don't often do high damage, but you're more likely to live if you play that way. Especially when you're piloting an Air.
And dying seems to be the biggest(not to mention only) way to get placed at the bottom of the pack.

no deaths eh... even when rambo eh... hmm... why do ppl say stuff when the facts are right in my signature

so... according to your logic... i shouldnt have been 1st with a 4.5k cost (see pic in signature)

by the way... you sure showed me that you know how to read... check out my guide again... i did mention a bunch of times "survive a whole match" and even at the bottom i specifically stated "cost" was an important factor...

i mean... if English is a second language to you ... then you are forgiven

*****EDIT*****

I apologize for this post... i have a very tsundere side to me

Last edited by Adius on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:57 pm

@Adius wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
NO DEATHS.

no deaths eh... even when rambo eh... hmm... why do ppl say stuff when the facts are right in my signature

so... according to your logic... i shouldnt have been 1st with a 4.5k cost (see pic in signature)

by the way... you sure showed me that you know how to read... check out my guide again... i did mention a bunch of times "without dying" and even at the bottom i specifically stated "cost" was an important factor...

I do arenas without dying all the time. I hate ramboing. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
@Adius wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
NO DEATHS.

by the way... you sure showed me that you know how to read... check out my guide again... i did mention a bunch of times "without dying" and even at the bottom i specifically stated "cost" was an important factor...

I do arenas without dying all the time. I hate ramboing. :3
Ditto. #em3 Or...I use to, anyway. But somewhere in-between leveling Crimrose from lvl 8-10 I stopped caring about how much I died...

And technically, Adius, he didn't say that you wouldn't be in first place, he just meant you'd have a better score if you didn't die as much. In theory. Dying causes your score to go down, and is pretty much the only way it'll go down. So suicide-by-rambo is a viable tactic, but a luckier/skilled player could probably do the same thing, without dying during the rambo, and gtfo and back to a healer/tree. And then repeat the process.

Now, for a "dangerously intelligent undergrad," as your signature says, perhaps you can stop criticizing FireKiller's ability to read when you aren't grasping all of what he's saying, either. His points have just as much merit as yours. And your signature even states you "can't" do all of those things, so I don't see why you're referring to it like it's some Almighty, Uncontradictory, Unfallable Proof of Victory. The signature is only there for ePeen, nothing more, nothing less. Now, "dangerously intelligent undergrad," if you have a reply you might want to make it sound like it has the least condescending tones possible before posting it. Because honestly, the only reason I typed this post up was because I wasn't fond of your condescending, talking-like-FireKiller-is-lesser-than-Almighty-Me post. It pissed me off.

Courtesy is very nice, thank you very much. If you have a guide, you ought to respect contradicting viewpoints, especially if they have tactical merit, and not treat others like they're lesser because they share a different view.

Now, off to take more cold medicine. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 am

@Mew wrote:
Aim for Circles up to Hexagon to ensure very high scores.
Mfw circle up to hexagon is the alt of one of the few best players in cben
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 am

@Suki_Eve wrote:

Ditto. #em3 Or...I use to, anyway. But somewhere in-between leveling Crimrose from lvl 8-10 I stopped caring about how much I died...

And technically, Adius, he didn't say that you wouldn't be in first place, he just meant you'd have a better score if you didn't die as much. In theory. Dying causes your score to go down, and is pretty much the only way it'll go down. So suicide-by-rambo is a viable tactic, but a luckier/skilled player could probably do the same thing, without dying during the rambo, and gtfo and back to a healer/tree. And then repeat the process.

Now, for a "dangerously intelligent undergrad," as your signature says, perhaps you can stop criticizing FireKiller's ability to read when you aren't grasping all of what he's saying, either. His points have just as much merit as yours. And your signature even states you "can't" do all of those things, so I don't see why you're referring to it like it's some Almighty, Uncontradictory, Unfallable Proof of Victory. The signature is only there for ePeen, nothing more, nothing less. Now, "dangerously intelligent undergrad," if you have a reply you might want to make it sound like it has the least condescending tones possible before posting it. Because honestly, the only reason I typed this post up was because I wasn't fond of your condescending, talking-like-FireKiller-is-lesser-than-Almighty-Me post. It pissed me off.

Courtesy is very nice, thank you very much. If you have a guide, you ought to respect contradicting viewpoints, especially if they have tactical merit, and not treat others like they're lesser because they share a different view.

Now, off to take more cold medicine. drunken

i think i grasp what he is trying to say...my guide is about getting first place in arena... the first thing he said was "You forgot the biggest tip"... at the end of the post he said "And dying seems to be the biggest(not to mention only) way to get placed at the bottom" and he also said "Therefore, STOP RAMBOING...and you'll do better"... he is contradicting me and giving people bad advice... ramboing is one of the easiest way to get first place... if you think im condescending after he said something like that... then youre probably right... i didnt really mean to be but i guess i did it unconsciously after reading the way he presented his arguments... he should have done it in a more respectable way... and i wouldnt have to sound so condescending... if you are butthurt about my rhetoric and want to attack my ign (adius)... then go right ahead... (hmmm...Ad hominem?)

if he told me i forgot something the way fhoeng did... i would have reconsidered what he said and edited my guide... but not only were his comments not right... he is actually confusing the new players that are looking at my guide...

...by the way... my signature is suppose to be a joke... i was being ironic and sarcastic... for example "i dunno how to get first place"... and its a pic of me getting every award after a game... which means ... i probably got first place...

last thing... "english is not your first language" comment... more than half the people in this game first language isnt english... therefore... i dont even think that should be seen as a negative comment... by the way my first language isnt english

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 am

@FireKiller87 wrote:
NO DEATHS.

I've gotten first place by using a team of triple Geo Bunkers.

12k score.

2nd place?

4k score.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:22 am

@Mew wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
NO DEATHS.

I've gotten first place by using a team of triple Geo Bunkers.

12k score.

2nd place?

4k score.

Must be me then. I'm not a huge fan of the "rambo-till-i-get-insane-score" style. It's also not really productive for your team unless you kill a lot of people, but then again this is supposed to be how to get first place for yourself, not how to produce the most benefit for the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 am

Ensure you have the shittiest internet in the server then spam the well-known idiot proof bots 24/7.

Easy top 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:20 am

i used to use one bot for a whole match since genbura and muchi never run out of ammo and my regina can self heal #em3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'   

Back to top Go down

A Guide for 'How to Complete an Arena Match with 1st Place'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com