Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

*NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:43 am

Begginner guide by - Aegis (MewChan)
-

Section 1 - Choosing a faction.

Remember when choosing a faction you CANNOT SWITCH BACK. Playing with a friend? Make sure you are both in the same section. WIZ, DOS, and BRD are part of the three factions in the game.

WIZ - The Blue
DOS - The Red
BRD - The Green

Choose wisely. WIZ, takes the weekly rewards most of the time for having the highest points. DOS is pretty understaffed so I'm sure they would like it if you were to join them.
-

Section 2 - Starters and you.

This section will be used to help you determine what kind of playing style you like. (Please note that some of these might fall out of category such as Frau Adone who is kind of a melee AIR.)

AIR - Flies at high speeds in the air. Uses beam weapons to attack the ground for maximum damage against LND types. Weak to bazookas and explosive weapons. Watch out for ARTs who shoot anti-air missiles and bazookas. Also, with irony AIR can carry a mini bazooka.

LND - Love to melee? Love to run and gun? This class is for you. Luckily for you, there is a weapon called Mini Bazooka and Handy Bazooka which will assist you in destroying AIRs. Also, you are weak against the beam weapons. So watch out!

ART - The Heavy weapon user. Love to use missiles and explosives? This class is most definetly for you. You will be relying on anti-air weapons such as bazookas and missiles. Watch out for LNDs who will slash and shoot you.

SUP - Love to heal? Love to buff? Like to be the cleric? This class is for you. Most of the time you will be providing fire support and healing to your team. You are not weak against anything. However, you are not strong against anything either really.
-

Section 3 - The Three Starters

Crimrose - Here we look at Crimrose. Now, don't expect to zoom off into the sky just yet. Her base FLY isn't enough to have you zooming fast like many other AIRs. You will be starting off with a Beam Gun mod and a rapier. Once completed with the tutorial REMOVE the rapier and slap on a Mini Bazooka. Congrats you will be slightly slower! What can you do? Buy some Wing AMJ (Shop->Parts) and increase your fly. Since you're new you probably won't be needing to tune just yet. However, know that these Wing AMJ will be useless later on. Also, you will probably want to try a Wide Beam Gun to see if it fits your style. Since you will start in a circle room try out a circle manuever against a LND and fire from there. (Kind of like a vulture above a dieing target except you are shooting.). Do take note however, against Lily Rain who will probably ruin your day. Oh, a final note. Wide Beam Gun/Beam Gun Mod against LND/ART. Bazooka against other AIR.

Jikun Hu - Well. You start off with a high base WLK. So be happy you can start off fast. Here you can go one of two paths. I will first discuss the hybrid path. And, there is one thing I cannot stress enough. DO NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT PUT ON WING AMJ. YOU WILL MAKE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID. I see this very frequently in a circle room as I have observed.

Hybrid - Take a mini bazooka (Or if you're feeling lucky you may roll the Super UC Garapon for a Handy Bazooka) and equip it on Jikun. You may need to level up and increase your capacity however. Now as you can see here. You have a kicker and a bazooka person. You will use the bazooka for range combat against almost anything running or against AIR. However, where Jikun shines is melee. His kicks that he delivers are fast and nice. He has another sub weapon which is a teleport which is usefull to make long range attacks, running, or travelling.

Double Shield - At this point I will highly doubt you have bucklers. So buy, a Viper Shield (Shop -> Weapons). From there on it's mindless right clicking. Do mind you do not have a defense against AIR.

Lily Rain - Versatile and highly mobile ART. Your LGs are locked. Do take note of that. There are many ways you can play Lily Rain however, the best way is played via bazookas (Mini Bazooka or Handy Bazooka. Please read Hybrid section of Jikun Hu to find where to get Handy Bazooka). PLEASE REMOVE YOUR CUTTER AND MACHINE GUN. It will not help you. For Lily Rain you MIGHT wanna try Wing AMJ. If you wish to hover up and hit AIRs with your bazooka however, you might not need that with psygun. I will describe psygun below. Oh, and the saw doesn't help. At least not for me.

Psygun - This works...Kinda unique to homing weapons. The faster the target is the faster this bullet works. You should NOT be aiming this towards LND. Only towards AIR.

-

Section 4 - Garapon and You. (Constant Update)

As of 11/26/11 - Mega Garapon contains many goodies to help you get started. See for yourself.

Garapon 1 contains a Blast Bazooka. This is nice against AIRs. Only for ART.
Mega Garapon and DX contains a Pierce Rifle/Pierce Rifle Mod. This is a VERY NICE weapon for LND. I love it.
Robo Gara - Contains a Powered Laser for AIR. Note that your Crimrose cannot hold this. You will need an M/L sized AIR.

-

Section 5 - Clans and You.

Ready to make friends? Ready to fight in legion? You must be ready to join a clan.

Now, you get some nifty rewards when your clan levels up. You may receive exclusive items and weapons that have a certain number of slots.

Note, you can also create a clan yourself and recruit your own legion of members!

Who knows you might be the next top clan! (Highly unlikely sorry ><.)

-

Section 6 - Still need help?

Whisper me in game at MewChan.

Or, you can also, add me on MSN crim.rose@live.com (Yes, I know what you are thinking about this e-mail.)

I am more than happy to be able to provide you with a functioning build that will help you advance throughout the game.

Do note however, that I myself am busy with real life. So please don't expect me to hold your hand throughout the entire game. I also, have other people to teach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:03 am

Starter Crimrose has a rare weapon - Beam Gun Mod.
Back to top Go down
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:47 am

Always pick starter crim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2365

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:33 am

lol crim.rose@live
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 am

mii mii!
rinrin is a newb that nids a guide!
rinrin wanna where cs headquarters is so rinrin can burn it down #em1 <3

Deal with it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:44 am

"WIZ, takes the weekly rewards most of the time for having the highest points. DOS is pretty understaffed so I'm sure they would like it if you were to join them."

*Looks at profile*

Yuppp he's WIZ. Sad Dracken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:36 pm

But what mew is saying is true, Wiz takes the trophy home most of the time , Dos epoch uses buff rush as well, so I can't be sure they are nicely staffed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Very detailed and interesting guide. It will help the new players indeed. I highly doubt that they will check this guide before choosing a faction though. But it's still a good idea to put it in.

Some things to add:
Crimrose- Level her to level 10, while unlocking the lvl 5 & 8 limits while doing so. Get a Seraph Promotion from shop for 100k UC and upgrade her. She will be reset to level one, but will be much, much stronger. Only upgrade her at level 10, since it gives more hp and capacity.
Note: lvl 5 limit remove can be bought from shop for 25k UC, and lvl 8 limit remove for 50k UC.

Lily Rain- She has 18 FLY, even higher than the AIR type Crimrose, who only has 14.
You might want to add some worthwhile gold ball bots that may be obtained from the garapon, too.

Might also want to add bots (with locked parts) that can be obtained from level up, like Winberrl, as a SUP, being a prime example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 pm

@Retrias wrote:
But what mew is saying is true, Wiz takes the trophy home most of the time , Dos epoch uses buff rush as well, so I can't be sure they are nicely staffed
Most DOS players don't care about epoch....only people who are
1) Bored
2) Want prizes from Epoch
3) Pubs
Actually do it :C
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:45 pm

LXE wrote:
Starter Crimrose has a rare weapon - Beam Gun Mod.

I posted that already.

@Rinrin wrote:
mii mii!
rinrin is a newb that nids a guide!
rinrin wanna where cs headquarters is so rinrin can burn it down #em1 <3

Deal with it

(´・ω・`) Have fun with that.

@Reversal wrote:
Very detailed and interesting guide. It will help the new players indeed. I highly doubt that they will check this guide before choosing a faction though. But it's still a good idea to put it in.

Some things to add:
Crimrose- Level her to level 10, while unlocking the lvl 5 & 8 limits while doing so. Get a Seraph Promotion from shop for 100k UC and upgrade her. She will be reset to level one, but will be much, much stronger. Only upgrade her at level 10, since it gives more hp and capacity.
Note: lvl 5 limit remove can be bought from shop for 25k UC, and lvl 8 limit remove for 50k UC.

Lily Rain- She has 18 FLY, even higher than the AIR type Crimrose, who only has 14.
You might want to add some worthwhile gold ball bots that may be obtained from the garapon, too.

Might also want to add bots (with locked parts) that can be obtained from level up, like Winberrl, as a SUP, being a prime example.

There is a guide dedicated for Crimrose and Seraph Crimrose already. I do not see the need. However, I may consider.

Also, I just did the Three Starters. I will expand this when I have time because, my real laptop is broken and, whenever I am online I am on my parents laptop who happen to be away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:54 pm

... Why you steal my idea, Kira. >A> *ROLL*

Anyways, one thing I should note about Crimrose though...

You get a Crimrose when you LEVEL UP in Rank, but you won't get a Wide Beam Gun with it.

You will get a better version of Jikun Hu called Jikun Long when you reach Diamond Rank too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:59 pm

@ArturiaPendragon wrote:
You will get a better version of Jikun Hu called Jikun Long when you reach Diamond Rank too.

LOL Long is a totally different robot, not some version of Hu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 pm

@ArturiaPendragon wrote:

You get a Crimrose when you LEVEL UP in Rank, but you won't get a Wide Beam Gun with it.

I never got this. Maybe it's because I picked Crimrose to start, but I highly doubt you get a free Crim when ranking up, otherwise I would've had two Seraphs by now.

Jikun Long is a different bot than Jikun Hu. IIRC, the big differences between Long and Hu are:
W-Tackle: Long teleports behind the target, Hu teleports in front
Rush Kick: Long does a kickflip as the third strike. I don't recall what Hu does, think it's got something to do with knockback but I haven't used Hu so I can't say.

Also, the Rankup Long you get has locked LGs and no slots, so you'll want to replace the AMs and find her a nice 3s weapon to compensate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 pm

@ArturiaPendragon wrote:

;__;

This should have been done ages ago.

Also, Crimrose from level up rank was in Closed Beta. Not sure about JP though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:26 pm

@ArturiaPendragon wrote:
You won't get a crimrose
There's only a possibility that you'll get a crimrose as a rank up reward
The bots that you'll inevitably get from rank up are only winberrl and jikun long
If you're lucky, you may also get another bot which includes crimrose, lily rain (locked), jikun hu (locked), winberrl (locked), or jikun long (locked) instead of some other crappy rank up reward
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@ArturiaPendragon wrote:

I never got this. Maybe it's because I picked Crimrose to start, but I highly doubt you get a free Crim when ranking up, otherwise I would've had two Seraphs by now.

Jikun Long is a different bot than Jikun Hu. IIRC, the big differences between Long and Hu are:
W-Tackle: Long teleports behind the target, Hu teleports in front
Rush Kick: Long does a kickflip as the third strike. I don't recall what Hu does, think it's got something to do with knockback but I haven't used Hu so I can't say.

Also, the Rankup Long you get has locked LGs and no slots, so you'll want to replace the AMs and find her a nice 3s weapon to compensate.
... Oh yeah, it's in JP only, I just looked at the rank up rewards... My bad! You could still buy her for UC in the shop though! (For RT too, but she doesn't have slotted)...

Ah, thanks for the info there. =]; I found Long more superior than Hu in ovarall so;;

Aegis wrote:
;__;

This should have been done ages ago.
I still eat you. >D *SHOT* Nah it's okay, at least you manage to do it. =] Still very incomplete though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZephyrKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ZephyrKaiser

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:58 am

Don't forget about Prop BSJ and Rear Wing BSJ. They give bonus WLK but become useless later on. Only give to Lands, don't be stupid and put it on an AIR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 am

@ZephyrKaiser wrote:
Don't forget about Prop BSJ and Rear Wing BSJ. They give bonus WLK but become useless later on. Only give to Lands, don't be stupid and put it on an AIR.

Wing Plus AMJ is probably the most useful, as you get 2 1s versions on rankup and they are the most cost-efficient of the joint parts(a good way to make em even more efficient is to tune for Boost).

Also, note that Rankup Winberrl has locked AMs as well as locked LGs, so she's slightly less useful than Rankup Long due to her complete lack of slotted parts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

UC Gara is a newbies bestest friend

I get Limit Remover's all the time, don't bother paying 25/50K for them.
Handy Bazooka
Buckler
3 slot Viper Shield
Accessories = Free Stats (Not very easy to find otherwise)
Parts/Weapons/WB/Ext. you can't get in shop (or at least with more slots)

Farming:
XP/UC = Arena
Parts/Tune Parts/Weapons = Quest(Bosses when you get good enough bots)

Suggested starting bots:
LND - Fizaliven(Cheap hopper or whatever movement style you want to try, grenade HD can let smalls weld large burning blast), Jikun X, Red Squealer(get BD in quest or very lucky arena loot)
AIR - Crimrose(Seraph once level 10), Beezle A(low cost pest)
ART - Victory 1(Cheap and extremely effective), Destructor(can be CN, cause you want big guns), Lily Rain(Best mobile UC art)
SUP - Winberrl(Get from leveling, pull enemies to your damage dealers, root those that are too close), Laz-chan(Circle + Kiss and Support Bit = team best friend), Scorpton(Cheap offense stunner support)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufei
Rufei

Male Posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Honestly, ARTs should be moving towards Rail Gun or Linear Cannon under newbie freeplay. There aren't any weapons worth it (without getting really lucky from tuning and also really bloated with extraneous cost) that are explosives without resorting to Rt Gara. I might make an exception with fully tuned 3s Rocket Launchers from Super UC Gara, but this will require a lot of grinding and luck - by the time you've actually got this, you're most certainly not a newbie anymore.

The big secret everyone knows about melee LNDs - they're almost uniformly terrible unless if they're a special Rt Gara bot. Haku's staff and Red Squealer's punch are just about the most useful things that you have access to under freeplay, and the former requires a lot of tuning (which means months of soulless grinding) and the latter outclassed by the current metagame. As a result, no one should be running melee under such circumstances. (Especially with Winberrl on the field.)

Really, a newbie player needs to consider whether or not it is worth it to invest $20-50 on the game upfront. Doing so makes life much easier (you might even get lucky and get a top-tier bot) and opens up many options. For all the friends I induct into CBEN, that's kind of the first disclaimer I make.

A newbie player also needs to realize that UC --> Rt is practically the only way they can stay competitive. Seraph Crimrose is still competitive in non-restricted rooms, but it's practically the only thing a player can use without prior knowledge (yes, there are lots of UC builds out there that work, but someone who comes from freeplay would not be able to know about these options/utilize them to the extent that lets them win). Events help - RO cubes are a nominal boost, level-up campaigns are great for investing in a single bot's safe tuneup, and free Rt is free Rt.

CBEN is vicious towards freeplay players. A newbie should be aware of the drawbacks from day 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:08 pm

@Rufei wrote:
Honestly, ARTs should be moving towards Rail Gun or Linear Cannon under newbie freeplay. There aren't any weapons worth it (without getting really lucky from tuning and also really bloated with extraneous cost) that are explosives without resorting to Rt Gara. I might make an exception with fully tuned 3s Rocket Launchers from Super UC Gara, but this will require a lot of grinding and luck - by the time you've actually got this, you're most certainly not a newbie anymore.

The big secret everyone knows about melee LNDs - they're almost uniformly terrible unless if they're a special Rt Gara bot. Haku's staff and Red Squealer's punch are just about the most useful things that you have access to under freeplay, and the former requires a lot of tuning (which means months of soulless grinding) and the latter outclassed by the current metagame. As a result, no one should be running melee under such circumstances. (Especially with Winberrl on the field.)

Really, a newbie player needs to consider whether or not it is worth it to invest $20-50 on the game upfront. Doing so makes life much easier (you might even get lucky and get a top-tier bot) and opens up many options. For all the friends I induct into CBEN, that's kind of the first disclaimer I make.

A newbie player also needs to realize that UC --> Rt is practically the only way they can stay competitive. Seraph Crimrose is still competitive in non-restricted rooms, but it's practically the only thing a player can use without prior knowledge (yes, there are lots of UC builds out there that work, but someone who comes from freeplay would not be able to know about these options/utilize them to the extent that lets them win). Events help - RO cubes are a nominal boost, level-up campaigns are great for investing in a single bot's safe tuneup, and free Rt is free Rt.

CBEN is vicious towards freeplay players. A newbie should be aware of the drawbacks from day 1.

I'm sorry, I but really hate this. Yes, there is a meta for people with no skill, you can pay to get a possible edge. If you pay and have some skill that edge might be hard to beat, but no where near impossible. Almost any bot can be good (I'm sorry for the crappy support bots that just have nothing), but you get a buckler, a decent weapon(There are UC options and sometimes event stuff gives you nice ones), tune it up and play a bunch and you'll do well.

Meta < Skill < Teamwork(And knowing what your supposed to be doing)
This is a team game, which is probably why the JP is so different then EN, because they know how to play as a team. If you aren't working with your team and you don't want to wait to gain skill then yes you need to spend money on this game. Teamwork isn't that hard. Travel with other bots, use each other as meatshields(don't bump, that is annoying) and focus fire targets. Be a Martyr and take that fatal EVE shot instead of that fat art that probably costs 1500. Have some honor and play to help the team win rather then just have you near the top of the scoreboard.

Mobility:
I don't think I empathized this enough in my last post. Find the mobility carts/parts that work best for you. Spray and Pray/Kamakazi Melee is not the way to do well in this game. Sure they can do a bit of damage but then they die and your team loses if too many of your people play like this. Deaths matter most so anything you do to avoid death is the way to succeed even if it means in a close match near then end you hide in a corner to avoid giving the other team an easy win. Being a Tank character like Byne is fine and all but focus fire will kill you almost as fast as someone playing a Beezle A, so in the end the biggest thing is Not getting hit, thus mobility. Also good to note is that LND walk speed is faster then other bots and AIR flight is longer(but not faster) then other bots.

*Hopper(Short Boost, Quick Land, Quick Jump in that order) - this lets you leap around making you a hard target.
*Boost Run - Run faster then a LND, great for flat areas and ramps(Though using boost gage makes it hard to fly afterwards)
*Float Dash - A long fly speed dodge, hard to aim but great for getting away right NOW
*Sway - A Short Fast Dash with a frame of invincible and low cooldown letting you spam it a bunch.
*Flying - for those that don't have the right carts(or are AIR), simply keeping in the air and moving fast(high FLY stat) and somewhat erratically can be good enough.
*Walking - LND only. This is horrible, however if you avoid the crowd and pick people off from the edges, hide around pillars and the such, it is barely workable. I can do it well on my Hound Dog, but there was a lot of suffering involved with getting good at it and there is still a lot of situations where I'm saying "Welp, I'm screwed and nothing I can do about it."
*Moving Burst - I list this here because sometimes you can blind/stun them with a barage while moving out of their impending attacks. But most stuff in this game autotargets and once their locked it's a moot point so this isn't something you should depend on, but it is something to consider in addition.

Feel free to combine most any of these (Short Boost/Sway/Float Dash all replace your dodge, so you have to pick one. Hopping/Float Dash + Moving Burst is kinda pointless since you can Alpha in the first half of either while moving)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufei
Rufei

Male Posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:37 pm

@Dracatis wrote:
I'm sorry, I but really hate this. Yes, there is a meta for people with no skill, you can pay to get a possible edge. If you pay and have some skill that edge might be hard to beat, but no where near impossible. Almost any bot can be good (I'm sorry for the crappy support bots that just have nothing), but you get a buckler, a decent weapon(There are UC options and sometimes event stuff gives you nice ones), tune it up and play a bunch and you'll do well.

If by well you mean "surviving and taking potshots," then yes, you can manage that with some experience and a good UC bot. However, being at that awkward juncture of "not as good as the first generation players" but "definitely on the better side of the second generation" has taught me certain things about competitiveness. In general, bots both have a general operability cap and a starting level of power. Some bots take a rigorous skill set to reach that cap - others are the kind of "easymodo" play we all hate. Most UC bots have a cap that is inherently lower. Some have a good cap, but they start at a low level and require a skill set that is usually learned by playing a lot of Rt bots.

I'm not saying I support this model, I'm just putting it out there that this is the way things are. Sure, some veterans have put out some hilariously good Lazflamme builds, but in the wrong hands it's really not that great.

@Dracatis wrote:
Meta < Skill < Teamwork(And knowing what your supposed to be doing)
This is a team game, which is probably why the JP is so different then EN, because they know how to play as a team. If you aren't working with your team and you don't want to wait to gain skill then yes you need to spend money on this game. Teamwork isn't that hard. Travel with other bots, use each other as meatshields(don't bump, that is annoying) and focus fire targets. Be a Martyr and take that fatal EVE shot instead of that fat art that probably costs 1500. Have some honor and play to help the team win rather then just have you near the top of the scoreboard.

Teamwork is hard when you have a language barrier. It's also hard when people shut off their brains. It's especially hard when people aren't willing to learn. It's also frustrating when your teammates want to help but lack the bots to handle such a task.

I'm not sure about the other unions, but over in DOS we teach autonomy and survivability. In some cases, we can actually play as a team, but usually not enough team-oriented people are on to do so. More importantly, teamwork goes down the drain when you're being overwhelmed by the sheer number of skilled players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis   

Back to top Go down

*NEW PLAYER* Starter guide by MewChan/Aegis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com