Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. Empty
PostSubject: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:17 am

DISCLAIMER:

Basically a few guidelines to minimize your Rt usage while tuning :

1. Plan your tunes beforehand. Use the cosmic calc, it's very useful. Always try to spread your tunes between parts.
2. check if you have any surplus slots on any of your parts. Take note of these parts.
3. When tuning parts with surplus slots, follow these guidelines :
--Tune the parts' extra slots without protectors / harmonics (except the 10% harmonics, since it's UC). This is because even if you fail you won't be losing anything other than your tune materials. You don't need those extra slots anyways. If you succeed, good job, you just saved Rt!
--If you have NORMAL (grey) slot protectors, use them without harmonics (again, the 10% one may be use if you wish). This is because if you succeed, you will still lose the protector anyways. This way, when you fail, you'll have saved the Rt you'd otherwise spend on harmonics!
--When using the OMEGA (gold) slot protectors, go broke. No explanation needed.
--Always tune extra slots first. If you manage to finish tuning up a part and still have some extra slots left, use that before moving to the next part, but don't use protectors / harmonics (again, 10% yadda yadda).

NOTE : Parts that are locked to the core will have their slots restored when the bot is junked, which means you can tune them with reckless abandon and just junk the bot if you can't squeeze in enough tunes. Of course, you can follow the guidelines above if you don't want to keep trying to tune them without any harmonics/protectors.

The drawbacks of following this method is that you normally won't be able to tune the parts any further due to broken extra slots. For players on a tight budget, though, following these simple steps might save you some cash #em3

Last edited by necrio on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:54 am

Not sure why you should not use harmonics with regular slot protectors.The whole point of these is to somewhat safeguard lowerchance tunes(75%-85%, which are common when using tunes like Run, and Boost where even with a gamma harmonic, the max chance of success is going to be 70%, where you're not going to want to chance losing an omega harmonic). Not only do you waste these as your chance of success will be lower, then afterwards when you're ready to use these harmonics, you have a chance of failing the tune even with them(the whole point of using these slot protectors in the first place), then you wasted even more money(lost slot lost harmonic lost protector). When you say "extra slots first", a build will have a certain amount of unused slots, its somewhat impossible to tune these "extra slots" first as well, you're trying to reach a minimum number.

tl;dr Wasting normal slot protectors is pretty much countering the reason of even buying them, to protect your slots. They're advantegous when doing 3rd slot tunes (due to the 20%- reduction on 3rd slot tunes).

I like how you didnt even mention the number 1 way to lower the ammount spent tuning: tuning locked parts, and if it fails, junk and repeat. This means you in a sense have infinite slot protectors, so all you need to do is set a goal for those locked slots and once you reach that success quota, move onto tuning other parts and leveling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:03 am

@Trill wrote:
I like how you didnt even mention the number 1 way to lower the ammount spent tuning: tuning locked parts, and if it fails, junk and repeat. This means you in a sense have infinite slot protectors, so all you need to do is set a goal for those locked slots and once you reach that success quota, move onto tuning other parts and leveling.

This.

I tuned all 1st slots of DG with normal run like this, though it took me a lot of time and materials but it's still cheap.
Some other bots i did the same: connie's pierce gun, burai's galting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:17 am

@Trill wrote:
Not sure why you should not use harmonics with regular slot protectors.

The reason necrio suggest using only 10% harmonics with regular slot protectors is because it's less money blown on the slot. If you pair a high end harmonics with a slot protector you might as well just use an omega protector since if you succeed you only lose your harmonics. Pairing it with a regular means you'll lose both your harmonics and your protector regardless of the outcome.

That said there still is a reason to pair a harmonics with a regular slot protector and that's if the chance of success still is low. On 3rd slots this can happen quite a bit. The other reason is just resources. If you don't have any other options then you might as well do it if cementing the slot is gonna screw up the build.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 am

And also the 20% Chance increase tickets are rigged, DO NOT USE.
I bought a a lot of them and all of them failed.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:58 am

LXE wrote:
+1 D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 am

LXE wrote:
somehow I must agree to this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:11 am

About locked parts :

I forgot. #em7

I'll add it to the OP :V
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 am

Low chance tunes first, Somewhat ok chance tunes in the middle and High chance tunes last
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 am

what about proto tune?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:50 pm

@Nymph~ wrote:
what about proto tune?
unless used first they always fail
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Proto Cosmos dont tend to fail even on 3rd slots, but it is possible.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Both parts highlighted were both tuned with Proto Run consecutively using no other harmonics than Alpha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:22 pm

@Trill wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Both parts highlighted were both tuned with Proto Run consecutively using no other harmonics than Alpha.
I mean if you tune proto after tuning something that is not proto, it will fail for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:25 pm

That TBG HD had a High Tec Alpha tuned onto it before I did the a Proto Run on the second slot, and it worked fine.

Unfortunately the 3rd High Run Alph failedon the HD, and the last proto run went onto that Cannonballer BS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:17 pm

@Trill wrote:
That TBG HD had a High Tec Alpha tuned onto it before I did the a Proto Run on the second slot, and it worked fine.

Unfortunately the 3rd High Run Alph failedon the HD, and the last proto run went onto that Cannonballer BS.
Ok then, it means my luck is just that bad sometimes.

90% tune fail on both brick arms :U
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:31 pm

@necrio wrote:
@Trill wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I mean if you tune proto after tuning something that is not proto, it will fail for some reason.
I have a snow vulture bs from before I became more experienced with two non-proto tunes and a proto tune, the proto tune being the third tune

Sooo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:39 am

@Arti wrote:
I have a snow vulture bs from before I became more experienced with two non-proto tunes and a proto tune, the proto tune being the third tune

Sooo
bad BS is bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
DEAD
DEAD

Male Posts : 1129

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:19 am

I swore never to spend any Rt on the tuneup items, and I've kept my word so far.
Garatroll is enough.

I'm also keeping track of the results for different % chances, and pretty much every single one is lower than it should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mechaRev
Popuko Running
Popuko Running

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:33 pm

i just want to know something, to all those who tune stuff like there's no tomorrow
do you tune with 10% item only?
also, do you tune mostly everything without protects?
i haven't tuned much because i'm scared that the slots might break (RT parts)
but i tune everything thats uc....
you tune without giving a crap if the slots breaks or not?
i try to use all my protects on weapon slots, since they're more important...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:57 pm

DaneDroid wrote:
i just want to know something, to all those who tune stuff like there's no tomorrow
do you tune with 10% item only?
also, do you tune mostly everything without protects?
i haven't tuned much because i'm scared that the slots might break (RT parts)
but i tune everything thats uc....
you tune without giving a crap if the slots breaks or not?
i try to use all my protects on weapon slots, since they're more important...

Can I be an example?

I use mostly RT bots, but I use mostly UC parts on them since there's really good UC alternatives.
I never buy Harmonics or Prots, so I mostly use 10%. I only use 20%/30%/50%/100% from events/cubes on really important parts/weapons/tunes or on the last slot since those have a s***ty rate.
Since I use mostly UC parts, I try to get the first tune without prots, or if I have enough replacements/materials, I might try to get the first 2 tunes in a row without prots.
I tune the mobility stat first, and try to keep it at 2 tuned slots max per part, leaving the third open.
Then I might try to tune all the other remaining slots with str/tec (well, I rarely ever use melee, so it's only tec that I tune). But this depends if there's capa or if it's an uc part or not. Usually if it's a RT part that I only have 1/2 of them and there's a possibility to tune it further, I might not tune that part. But if it's UC, I don't care if the bonus slots break or not.

Even though we only had it once, the Tuning campaign was a really good opportunity to tune bots.
I triple tuned a fair amount of parts thanks to that campaign, and wasted almost all Omega prots that I kept for quite long (19 omegas from events/star coins/cubes) and all harmonics from the level campaign were also used during the campaign.

So to resume what I do: I tune to make them better, but leave the hardcore tuning for later. The bots won't be the best ever, but will fetch me somewhat good places. I save all of those prots for only really important tunes and keep a good amount for campaigns like the tuning one.
Oh, and of course, the tunes with the lower rate are done first, along with the mobility tunes.
Faster bots = Higher survivability = More time to shoot people with the same bot = Low cost = Less penalties to the final score and team BP won't suffer as much.
Low tec + fast bot = Less damage over time but higher survivability = See above.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:59 pm

@Rinrin wrote:
@Arti wrote:

Sooo
bad BS is bad.
Yes, that's how you can tell it was from before I became semi-decent at this game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Not sure if this help, but here is what i got by tuning at mid-night, alone in chan 3:
Spoiler:

3 normal tec with only alpha harmonic, which mean the rate are 50-40-30 #em1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.   Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuning Economics : Minimizing Rt spent on tune ups.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com