Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Alien Swarm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Alien Swarm   Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm

This seems like a fun game and best of all, it is free. It is a 4 player class based co-op top down shooter about killing swarms of aliens, more or less just trying to get past as many as you can from what I can see. Maybe we can play together, you can add my steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimisnotdead .

You can download the game via steam located here http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/ .





This use to be a UT04 mod that I loved like crazy... So glad to have it back.

You can also join the steam group for this forum located here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cosmicbreakforumotion .

You can also add your steam ID via your forum signature by going here http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/gaming-hotspot-f8/show-off-your-steam-ids-in-your-sig-t661.htm .


Last edited by Mayhem on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ToxicElixir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 129
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 106
Location : Atom Mc'Nukington St.

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Free you say? Madness...

Whatever, DL'ing, looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield.
<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-07-06
Location : Clouds over Gensokyo

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 pm

i kid you not my friend was telling me about this 4 hours before it became available
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 am

So far I've only played a few single player runs to get a hang of the game... I like it so far. It's the UT04 mod and then some.
Back to top Go down
eljonfelarca
Newcomer
Newcomer
avatar

Male Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:49 am

It sucks i cant play this
T~T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
howitzerlove
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-06-10
Age : 34
Location : 50º 50´ North - 4º 00´East

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:58 am

Oh oh, interesting.
I'll give it a try this evening
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:33 am

@eljonfelarca wrote:
It sucks i cant play this
T~T

Why not?
Back to top Go down
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 540
Join date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 am

Download servers got clogged.

So just right click your steam taskbar icon
Library > View > Settings > Downloads > Download Region

And then change it to Austrailia - VIC

Presto, downloads work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sinthorn
Newcomer
Newcomer
avatar

Male Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 35
Location : Mass

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I want to play this so badly but i have no idea whats up with my computer and steam as of late. For some reason i just get stuck in the loading screen with no way out but to hard reset my comp and this is not the only game it does it with in my library either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Nightbringer104
howitzerlove
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-06-10
Age : 34
Location : 50º 50´ North - 4º 00´East

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 pm

@Sinthorn wrote:
I want to play this so badly but i have no idea whats up with my computer and steam as of late. For some reason i just get stuck in the loading screen with no way out but to hard reset my comp and this is not the only game it does it with in my library either.

Yeh, this sucks, it happened to me with one steam game... TF2 Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:21 am

I have to admit I am addicted to this game so far. Having fun playing with people from these forums, just wish you were all a bit on par with me. It's not that that easy winning the game for my team! Ok ok... It is. Razz

My loadouts are great. I have to say tesla sentry coils are just awesome to use. They have low ammo, but do great damage and also slow targets down. On that you get 3 in a bunch. The Techs prototype rifle has auto aim as well as some really good electric like grenades that have massive aoe. On that it also has great move speed on it. I've been going tech lately because I am by far the best tech I've seen. However my favorite class is Sp Weapons, I still have a blast as a Tech. As for my secondary weapon... I tend to use a sentry. I've been using a normal one until a moment ago where I finally unlocked the flame sentry, which I like so far. Besides sentries, I switch them out for a flamer on the biomass/egg killing mission and sometimes at random on other missions, just because I love to burn things. cheers
Back to top Go down
howitzerlove
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-06-10
Age : 34
Location : 50º 50´ North - 4º 00´East

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 am

My latest unlock was the Medic gun, and that's nice because I love being a healer in games, but if I take both that gun and the healing beacon I can't defend myself Sad
If only my team could stick together...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
avatar

Posts : 4995
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am

Mayhem wrote:
I have to admit I am addicted to this game so far. Having fun playing with people from these forums, just wish you were all a bit on par with me. It's not that that easy winning the game for my team! Ok ok... It is. Razz

My loadouts are great. I have to say tesla sentry coils are just awesome to use. They have low ammo, but do great damage and also slow targets down. On that you get 3 in a bunch. The Techs prototype rifle has auto aim as well as some really good electric like grenades that have massive aoe. On that it also has great move speed on it. I've been going tech lately because I am by far the best tech I've seen. However my favorite class is Sp Weapons, I still have a blast as a Tech. As for my secondary weapon... I tend to use a sentry. I've been using a normal one until a moment ago where I finally unlocked the flame sentry, which I like so far. Besides sentries, I switch them out for a flamer on the biomass/egg killing mission and sometimes at random on other missions, just because I love to burn things. cheers

lightning freak >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Welp I just kissed all my gear goodbye. At lvl 27 you can keep your stuff or start over at lvl 1 but get a pretty star by your name... I got a star. xD
Back to top Go down
ToxicElixir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 129
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 106
Location : Atom Mc'Nukington St.

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Mayhem wrote:
Welp I just kissed all my gear goodbye. At lvl 27 you can keep your stuff or start over at lvl 1 but get a pretty star by your name... I got a star. xD
Ugghh Prestige Mode.

Anyway to any people playing there's a awesome SDK mod for this game "Office Survival"
A survival map in its beta stage, using the map layout from CS. created by HydratedPinkus.

Here's some Srceens of my gameplay.





More pics and the DL link at here.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371699
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sinthorn
Newcomer
Newcomer
avatar

Male Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 35
Location : Mass

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Got this Game working finally. Totally went over my head that ZoneAlarm had updated a while back and it resets ALL everything you allow to go though, So yea.

I was dipping around with some of the classes. Rather like weapons spec and tech class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Nightbringer104
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 540
Join date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Try this perhaps?
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/21/play-alien-swarm-in-first-person-guide-and-video/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:16 pm

@GreyFalcon wrote:
Try this perhaps?
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/21/play-alien-swarm-in-first-person-guide-and-video/


I really hope no one on the teams I get with ever use that. Unless we are on easy the game is meant to swarm you with waves of things you need to see all around to effectively avoid or destroy.
Back to top Go down
Sinthorn
Newcomer
Newcomer
avatar

Male Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 35
Location : Mass

PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Mayhem wrote:
@GreyFalcon wrote:
Try this perhaps?
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/21/play-alien-swarm-in-first-person-guide-and-video/


I really hope no one on the teams I get with ever use that. Unless we are on easy the game is meant to swarm you with waves of things you need to see all around to effectively avoid or destroy.

Actually thats a rather kick ass way to play. I was doing a test run, offline practice I was Special weapons guy, had a rail gun and the minigun. I got to the elevator and i was sniping the aliens off the wall with the gear. My turret still had ammo at the end of the run.

Side Note: That person does not know how to use a flamethrower right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Nightbringer104
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Alien Swarm   

Back to top Go down
 
Alien Swarm
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com