Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The "Quit Doing That" Guide

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:55 am

@Aria wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
Ballista Shooter Mod has nice DPS iirc. Bowguns in general are well-suited for airs, since the projectile arc they have makes it easier to hit targets directly below you than with guns that have no arc to them.

Well sometimes I hit AIRs with 40+ Damage on 1 arrow shot (40 tec).

I was expecting at least 50 >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 am

@Aria wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
Ballista Shooter Mod has nice DPS iirc. Bowguns in general are well-suited for airs, since the projectile arc they have makes it easier to hit targets directly below you than with guns that have no arc to them.

sometimes, I deal 40 dmg or even 50 to AIRs if I can hit them from behind with my (evil) tuned minizoka on 15 tec, with almost 100% chance to grounded them if I can hit them twice in row, and make sure they'll never take off AGAIN if they sort of low TGH/special bs/ability, and 20 dmg to blastguarded bots is not bad and still stun pretty hard, ammo is the problem thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:03 am

@Hyoka wrote:
@Aria wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

I was expecting at least 50 >.>

Critical Damage is 50+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Here's one: if you see a melee land coming toward you and a group of your allies, don't crowd around it. Spread out to make it unable to hit most of you with one swing and so your airs can get clear shots at it. I'm seeing a lot of crowding around Mighty Bynes, Blazed Barons, Ivises, and Fencers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 am

@Klinkin wrote:
Here's one: if you see a melee land coming toward you and a group of your allies, don't crowd around it. Spread out to make it unable to hit most of you with one swing and so your airs can get clear shots at it. I'm seeing a lot of crowding around Mighty Bynes, Blazed Barons, Ivises, and Fencers.

This a thousand times, nothing sucks more than having sdc shots blocked to to tard level cluster fucks.

Also ballista/ power shooter.

Power shooter= godly harrasment
Ballista shooter= when it needs to die, more for aggressive builds/ players (+ it's free as mentioned, but man is it expensive cost wise)
Beam shooter= cause you can never hate lands enough

They all got a use, and I'll switch up on them depending on the match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Added a little thing on people needing to stop stomping on support bots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:52 pm

@Kitouski wrote:
Added a little thing on people needing to stop stomping on support bots.

Yay!

...of course, I say that, as Support bots are nearly all I do, except for the occasional bot built for a specific purpose(i.e., my Stealth/Sniper Sight/Quick Jump lv 8 Ghost Raider) or 'learning' bots, such as my new Saggi Max.... Happy Icy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Should we add stop being panic and rub whole item slots?

some people who got shot by gun or melee from land sometime went panic and unleash fire pillar / hurricane.
mostly it hit team-mate more than enemy Evil or Very Mad

also if you don't want that item just "HOLD TAB + PRESS 1 2 3 4" to drop it.

i hate how i return to farm tree and saw 5 trap laying around -_-

*hurricane blow, DO NOT USE when most of your team are in front of you!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:11 pm

@FreedomFighter wrote:
Should we add stop being panic and rub whole item slots?

some people who got shot by gun or melee from land sometime went panic and unleash fire pillar / hurricane.
mostly it hit team-mate more than enemy Evil or Very Mad

also if you don't want that item just "HOLD TAB + PRESS 1 2 3 4" to drop it.

i hate how i return to farm tree and saw 5 trap laying around -_-

*hurricane blow, DO NOT USE when most of your team are in front of you!!!

Actually, I can recall at least one instance where an opposing Vanguard was deliberately hurricaned -behind- our PS, and by the time anyone realized what was happening, he was mowing down defender bots! ...very risky, but can be used to deadly effect....

...still, I get where you're coming from.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:29 am

Some healers should stop healing under the PS when the PS is under fire.
I see too many healers that can't look at the radar and see that the enemy is attacking the PS and healing there isn't safe at all.

Way too many times I've seen people spamming repair command and running to the PS, while the PS is actually being attacked. And then, people actually go after them to be healed and die, while I spam Z3 a bunch of times. Usually, at least 1 dies, if the chibi doesn't die as well.

Reginas need to stop using the healing under the PS as well. A chibi circle is already bad, but you can avoid it and get hypershot anyway, but Regina's area is much bigger than a chibi circle.
Both should just place their circle behind the PS (dosn't need to be directly behind. Just not next to it on the sides. Put it a bit more on the back).
On the sides is good too, but behind is better (most just run through it, but if the enemy is close and you are using a railgun, a weapon with similar gameplay or don't want to lose track of the enemy, strafing is better, but if the circles are on the sides of the PS, you will go over them while strafing).

And hypershot Chibis should spam their circles a bit more. Because from what I remember, their circles are better than the PS, not to mention that they can put the circle further in the battlefield, so everyone can have hypershot without having to go back to the PS.
If the ammo ends, too bad, but not using it is just useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:11 am

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
I see too many healers that can't look at the radar and see that the enemy is attacking the PS and healing there isn't safe at all.

Way too many times I've seen people spamming repair command and running to the PS, while the PS is actually being attacked. And then, people actually go after them to be healed and die, while I spam Z3 a bunch of times. Usually, at least 1 dies, if the chibi doesn't die as well.

Reginas need to stop using the healing under the PS as well. A chibi circle is already bad, but you can avoid it and get hypershot anyway, but Regina's area is much bigger than a chibi circle.
Both should just place their circle behind the PS (dosn't need to be directly behind. Just not next to it on the sides. Put it a bit more on the back).
On the sides is good too, but behind is better (most just run through it, but if the enemy is close and you are using a railgun, a weapon with similar gameplay or don't want to lose track of the enemy, strafing is better, but if the circles are on the sides of the PS, you will go over them while strafing).

And hypershot Chibis should spam their circles a bit more. Because from what I remember, their circles are better than the PS, not to mention that they can put the circle further in the battlefield, so everyone can have hypershot without having to go back to the PS.

This is why Broad Radar and Support bots go SO WELL together!

Definately worth the cost, even if it's not until much later levels! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:47 am

You forgot something,
"STOP SPAMMING THOSE OMGAWD PURPLE TRACKING PRETTY LOOKING WISPS!!!"
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 am

Eh, I find wisps useful as a secondary to complement whatever primary I'm using, and they're a lifesaver when your primary runs out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 am

@CapeMike wrote:
@God is a Cat Girl wrote:

This is why Broad Radar and Support bots go SO WELL together!

Definately worth the cost, even if it's not until much later levels! Very Happy

Broad radar is useless when people doesn't even look at the radar, which is what I'm saying.
Even without broad radar you can see that the enemy is too close, but they still heal under the PS.
I don't use broad radar on my bots and usually I'm the first to leave when the enemy comes to attack while we are being healed.

You don't need broad radar to know where to heal, you need it to either help your team by saying the enemies positions or to know if there will be a sneak attack.

I have Wisps as a last resort in case I run out of ammo and I rarely ever use it (I actually end up using it against who doesn't even aim at me and spam wisps as well). But I don't use 1 weapon with less than 200 of ammo and a shield on my airs. (I do have airs with a shield and 1 weapon, but I have at least 1 AM with a weapon as well).
But what LXE probably wants to say is that there is people who ONLY spam wisps. They simply fly around mashing right click.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Broad radar is pretty amazing if you have it, the information you can gleam is rather powerful, especially if you relay it to teamates.

Wisp spam=bad. Wisp can be pretty good when properly timed. Expensive cost wise for what they do, especially as a side arm. I just like the look of izuna legs on my bots though, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Wisps are great secondary weapons, however. Lets not forget they were as hated as Aquila Girls back in the day when one of the most commonly used builds was a Seraph with Limited Plasma, Mini Zook and Izuna LGs. <_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 pm

I remember when the primary complaint of balance in EN was "Mini Bazooka, Slayer Bit, and Ouka are OP."

Then again our metagame is still air and melee so I guess things haven't really changed all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Ontopic: Wisps are fantastic for opponents directly below you. They'll home in from multiple angles, making them that much more likely to hit. And since you can use them from directly above your target, they can't appropriately retaliate without repositioning themselves.

Spamming wisps is usually an unproductive waste of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:54 pm

There was once upon a time where this person thought he could fight everyone, and he feels invincible with this big artillery, or maybe he just thinks his bots are good.. He decides to head out to enemy territory. The enemy was being friendly, so they offered him food. And so he ate a thousand bullets. Then he died.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 pm

@Glass wrote:
There was once upon a time where this person thought he could fight everyone, and he feels invincible with this big artillery, or maybe he just thinks his bots are good.. He decides to head out to enemy territory. The enemy was being friendly, so they offered him food. And so he ate a thousand bullets. Then he died.
enemy doesnt noe wats edible and wats not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2802

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:16 pm

NO FUN ALLOWED.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 pm

@Suguri wrote:

Spamming wisps is usually an unproductive waste of time if you are targeting multiple targets.
fix'd

1v1(single target situation), your wisps if they all hit deal more damage and generally has better tracking than your abr given you are in a map that is almost totally open and you are just flying over another player or that player is flying away from you and you are rather close to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:45 pm

@BNOISE wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

Spamming wisps is usually an unproductive waste of time if you are targeting multiple targets.
fix'd
No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:43 pm

@BNOISE wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

fix'd
What.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Regarding the current topic about Wisps.
What about Suzeku? Even though his BS main is called "Homing Ray", They still look like wisps and act like wisps. Isn't it okay to main those?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Suzeku wisps are fundamentally different. You could see them as more like pulse missiles or AG missiles, and they still require some aim. Also, being a main weapon, you don't have your movement restricted by using them.

Izuna wisps are completely autopilot, and you're forced into flying in one direction during the firing. There's absolutely no skill involved on your end regarding whether you hit or not, it's just making a crap shoot while spamming right click. And against someone that isn't comatose, your izuna wisps will probably stop hitting after the first salvo since their homing is pretty...bad, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   

Back to top Go down

The "Quit Doing That" Guide
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com