Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Kuten Jikun Long - Questions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FanService
FanService

Female Posts : 56

Kuten Jikun Long - Questions Empty
PostSubject: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 am

1.Should I bother tuning its TGH? Or just use dual bucklers?

2.Is Boost run cart really a good idea? Since whenever it kicks it uses the boost gauge..

3. Recommended carts?

4. Is Crimson veil necessary?

5. Does Gladiator tunes makes kicks faster (really?) Since I dont see +7 or so really affects anything.

6. Slow tunes.. want?

onegai ;_;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naisha
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Naisha

Female Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 am

1. tgh: put it 21

2. yes, you need it to get close to the enemy. out of gauge during kicking is not change much kicking ability

3. All capacity for tunning, blast gaurd, EIW

4. nope. u lag around and nobody can hit you xD

5. the gladiator not much change. Grap tune is 10000 times better

6. 2 slow: helish, 3 slow: godly Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vnsharing.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=994
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:40 am

I don't have a Kuten but I suppose I'll put my two cents in,

1. I'm not sure how much tgh it would be good to have, but I do know you really shouldn't go dual bucklers... she hardly has Vanguard-tier melee, so something like a Handy Zook would serve her much, much better.

2. Boost Run is one of those things that is good if you want it, not necessary if you don't. The only times I can see Boost Run being more good then neutral is on bots that can do very good hit and runs like Vanguards and Ouka. Kuten isn't limited to such tactics (nor is she as suited) so I wouldn't call Boost Run necessary at all. If you like it, I don't see why not though too, though I don't know how taxing this boost draining is when kicking, it sounds like it could be a huge problem.

3. All capa definitely. A lot of cart combos look viable but without really having Kuten, I couldn't say for certain.

4. No, though I wouldn't say because you're "lagging around". I just don't see why it's necessary while she's built the way she is.

5. I couldn't say how much it would actually effect it. Speed makes you cover the distance you move when performing melee faster, while range makes that range farther. I have no clue if it's worth it.

6. Is a definite idea. 1 slow tune is usually not enough while 3 seems like a costly luxury. 2 slow tunes is probably the most efficient you can have yourself at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
FanService
FanService

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 am

um well i certainly am not gonna have any main weapons on it.. as melee is enough for me to kill even airs.

about boost run it just doesnt work on jikun because after her combo's it would have no boost gauge left as the kick SOMEHOW drains boost gauge when the boost gauge is visible. That will make jikun wont be able to run away or etc.
so... scratch

for the crimson veil i thought it would be sweet because when i go rambo dem arts i can do it like a boss ._. .. i just wonder if its necessary if im gonna tune it for tgh?

for the tunes then i guess im going grappler + 2x slow?

if you wanna test out teh kuten i could give you try it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:22 am

@FanService wrote:
um well i certainly am not gonna have any main weapons on it.. as melee is enough for me to kill even airs.

I just think though that if you wanted to melee spam into enemies you could get yourself a Vanguard... or Ouka... or Ivis... or K-Sword build... or a million other things that seem to do it better then her. It may work well to getting up to air sometimes, but I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you that a lot of situations could be better solved with a gun. I dunno, if there's one opinion I can stress and only one, it's that she could definitely use a gun with those free hands.

Crimson Veil would be fine if you did in the long run go pure melee, but the reason I suggested it being probably a bad idea is I don't see how pure melee would be a good one. She's just not built like most melee bots, even Ivis can do the same exact thing if you gave her a buckler and decided to only melee spam only much, much better.

I'd be up for testing her around though. Might change my thoughts on her melee... or make me feel more strongly about her being a hybrid. xD;
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 am

@Kitouski wrote:
I just think though that if you wanted to melee spam into enemies you could get yourself a Vanguard... or Ouka... or Ivis... or K-Sword build
Ouka - 56 rolls no ouka.
Ivis- 46 rolls no ivis.
so tell me... how2get with CyberScam?
VF sucks compared to these 2 by far.

anw... my kuten which cost me 153 rolls. yes 153 rolls, only 1 kuten, and NO feng mei.
Kuten Jikun Long - Questions Screen13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:06 pm

why would fencer suck compared to the two ? it just plays differently with the cards its core offers and more instant damage instead of slow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 pm

@FanService wrote:

2.Is Boost run cart really a good idea? Since whenever it kicks it uses the boost gauge..

3. Recommended carts?

5. Does Gladiator tunes makes kicks faster (really?) Since I dont see +7 or so really affects anything.

6. Slow tunes.. want?

onegai ;_;

1. You'll find you won't have the capa to tune TGH. Buckler+Handy Zook works better in my opinion.

2. I took Boost Run, and decided to get it to red tier Boost run (38 WLK, 10 FLY). Nothing short of a Seraph with wings out can catch me, and it makes it ridiculously easy to escape.

3. My cart setup is:
>Capa x5
>Boost Run
>Blast Guard
>Sword Guard
>Broad Radar
>Quick Boost

4. I don't think so; once again, you probably will be lacking the capa as you'd be much better tuning up WLK or STR.

5. It's my understanding that it does in fact make the malee faster. Whether or not it's noticeable I wouldn't know because I don't think I've ever done a gladiator tune.

6. 2x Slow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:21 pm

@FanService wrote:
Don't bother touching tgh, just make sure it doesn't go below 10.

Kicks use boost, lolwut? I think Jikuns are mobile enough with melee that you shouldn't need boost run for ambushing purposes, so...

3. Recommended carts?
Don't know enough about her to really give you any advice on that, sorry.

I wouldn't bother, but you could try.

If her kicks have the movement at all of regular jikun lg kicks, high glad tunes make your kicks move you really far and fast.

6. Slow tunes.. want?
The builds I made for most other people that asked had one slow tune.

onegai ;_;
Also, seconding kitou's suggestion of buckler + handy zook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 pm

I think Kuten's kicks might waste boost by somehow being in midair when kicking.. Something along the lines of saying..activating a weapon while hopping. That might be the problem. The other thing might be if the person is float dashing in ->attacking, which will probably cause again, the same loss of boost for the same reason.

Other than that, yeah I think buckler+weapon is the best thing to do. You can kite a bit, tackle in when need be, etc.

BR I feel is a must need on her; it's what really separates her from Ivis/Ouka IMO and some VF/VA players. A Kuten really has to be more stealthy considering they have to combo to kill..not whack a few times for instawin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 pm

@ngelicdark wrote:

BR I feel is a must need on her; it's what really separates her from Ivis/Ouka IMO and some VF/VA players. A Kuten really has to be more stealthy considering they have to combo to kill..not whack a few times for instawin.
How is that different from Ouka/Ivis? They both rely on stunlock from combos too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:26 am

@Suguri wrote:
@ngelicdark wrote:

How is that different from Ouka/Ivis? They both rely on stunlock from combos too.

Doesn't have the raw range like the others, but does have some mean chase ability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 am

I will clear up that it's the final kick of the combo (where it does the dragon kick) that drains boost gauge. But the drain is akin to that of a short boost. That being, by the time you recover from the downtime to continue moving, you have already regained your boost or close to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:03 am

@FanService wrote:
Breakpoint
No
3. Recommended carts?
Lazy to check carts
No
Makes it slightly faster
6. Slow tunes.. want?
No

onegai ;_;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FanService
FanService

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:05 am

by any means, with the playstyle im having , any main weapons wont be necessary q_q .. but when it comes to 1v1 air then im screwed lol. i just run through gaps and such to avoid this

i think ill have the tgh at some breakpoint i really hate being stunned.

so now its gladiator > slow? (for jikun maybe?)

i mean is it noticeably fast? Mad

so this means im going to lose 2 bucklers for 2 fireworks to tune tgh....right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:22 am

@FanService wrote:
by any means, with the playstyle im having , any main weapons wont be necessary q_q .. but when it comes to 1v1 air then im screwed lol. i just run through gaps and such to avoid this

i think ill have the tgh at some breakpoint i really hate being stunned.

so now its gladiator > slow? (for jikun maybe?)

i mean is it noticeably fast? Mad

so this means im going to lose 2 bucklers for 2 fireworks to tune tgh....right?
*head 'splodes*

I just... dunno what to suggest anymore, lol. Not trying to be mean at all, but this entire post is nothing but terrible ideas in my eyes... xD;

I'll still totally take you up on that trying her thing though... :c Lmao
Back to top Go down
FanService
FanService

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:29 am

sure when u get on teh game ._.

offtopic: my skype wont log in just hangs on sigining in FFFFFFF

and no its not a horrible idea ._.''

Kuten Jikun Long - Questions Screeen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 pm

@FanService wrote:

this room doesnt seem all that dangerous to me =.=.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 pm

@Rinrin wrote:
@FanService wrote:

this room doesnt seem all that dangerous to me =.=.

Destroyer: gotten by kill-stealing, your damage doesn't add up to the number of kills you have.
Swordmaster: gotten by spamming right clicks\
Fighting spirit: gotten by being suicidal charging, and having yellow/red life for most of the game
Leadership: gotten by running into a pack of enemies without much concern for your team's benefit, see Fighting Spirit
Last attacker: dumb luck

The only award that actually means something is Game Warrior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 pm

@knyx wrote:

Leadership: gotten by running into a pack of enemies without much concern for your team's benefit, see Fighting Spirit

Not necessarily; if more people in CBEN had any sense they would use the opportunity to swarm your enemy and overwhelm them while you draw all the fire (ex: Jham Daed).

But unfortunately, since that is not the case 9 times out of 10, suicide rushing like a mad man seems to get you the title of "Leader" around here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:15 pm

You forgot a couple!

Best supporter: They brought a repair bit. If they didn't bring a repair bit, they brought a melee bot.
Best jammer: They're a Nicole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Rewards and points don't really mean performance and game-play. If we were going with that mentality, it took me one round to get this screenshot for this thread, I was using a build with a Handy Zook;

Spoiler:

But yea... with how I'm suggesting to build, I'm not saying other ideas and builds wouldn't work, they will especially given how half of the population plays this game. A pure melee build definately would get Sword Master and all those other rewards, it's just the opinions I'm throwing out there will level the playing field in all situations, not just when melee looks good. These are my thoughts though, really you can play her however you want. xD;
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:23 pm

I'm in no way a good melee player, since I only started playing melee just now after I got Long. Before I was just a lowly art/lnd gunner user. So, yeah, I really suck on melee.

But after tuning Long (haven't done all tunes and haven't level up as much as I want), it's not a bad bot at all. Though since I have low tgh, I can't rush as much.

When everything goes right, I can get as high as this:

Kuten Jikun Long - Questions ScreenShot_20110803_0232_19_363

But I'm not good enough to get all of those awards though. D;
I tend to be on the 1k range most of the time, since I'm not used to melee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh snap kit you got your kuten? Gratz lol. How much RT it took you? Considering you were all up about only spending survey RT for her XD

Honestly though, I hafta agree, with most right click spam melee bots, getting those rewards aren't really much. Heck, in an easy game, even game warrior doesn't mean much.

Oh yeah:

@Suguri wrote:
@ngelicdark wrote:

It's not that, it's because those two bots don't have BR is the bit. Kuten has it, so that kind of separates her.

The train of thought I was leading was that a long stun combo=needs more time to be left alone to kill something. VF/VA fall out of this bit because they hit 100+ per swing, so they take stuff out fast. I think the way I worded what I wrote before made it sound like Kuten was something special other than Ivis or Ouka in terms of gameplay. She's not.

Either of which case, it's easier to find that someone left alone, rather than to sneak around the back to hope you don't get noticed and hope you find that someone left alone (which is what Ouka/Ivis are to do, especially if you have stealth).

BR makes life much easier. And IMO much more useful than stealth system. Although both are screwed over by good teammates that respond to *Require support!* Though not many people use that, and even less people respond to it.

Last edited by ngelicdark on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:02 pm

En metagame is too easy
Can't even call a score of 20k in a normal room an achievement
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long - Questions   Kuten Jikun Long - Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Kuten Jikun Long - Questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com