Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

If I seem a little moody in-game....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:36 pm

...I've got good reason to be....

Unfortunately, I'll be heading back home to the States in early-mid-September; as much as I like it here in NZ, the job situation and living with my fiance' at her parents' house isn't working as intended, forcing us into the difficult choice we've made. Sad

She can't come with me due to her stable job and a loan she's working on, and even if she did, there's no guarantee she'd be able to find a job, and I don't want her to go through what I've done....

Naturally, of course, I won't be playing much for awhile when this DOES happen, but after getting a new ride/job/apartment, a new PC is at the top of the list...and there's always internet cafes, too, I suppose!

I'll still be frequenting the forums here, regardless, and have no plans to leave CB for awhile, so don't worry; I'll probably just be a bit more down on myself than usual....

So, if you can, keep the mood in here cheery, ok? I could SURE use it about now. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Sounds like you're going through quite the tough spot in life. Hope everything works out alright. ):
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm

@Suguri wrote:
Sounds like you're going through quite the tough spot in life. Hope everything works out alright. ):

Well, it's tough for -me-...merely coming to NZ in the 1st place was an immense step for me, given my Aspergers Syndrome...perhaps I bit off a bit too much...either way, it's proven to be quite the adventure and a learning experience....

Either way now, as for getting a new PC after I'm home, I'll be aiming for something reletively inexpensive and aimed almost entirely at internet browsing/multimedia(I'm sitting on 18Gb of music[all legally obtained, I might add] totalling something on the order of 6-7 days without a repeat)/gaming, with everything else as an afterthought...but job 1st, heh.

For now, all I can do is wrap up this 3-month contract job I'm on, and just hope fate sees to it to throw me a bone or 2...or a Pulsardio Gamma/Sigma.... sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:05 am

Y so sad2day
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 am

Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 am

Everything's Fine

Take it easy

IM NO GOOD AT HELPING PEOPLE ||||||||||||||orz

Well, good luck Mike ;_;
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

With love, you know no limits or bounds, you just want to reach for the sky but you need to figure out how to get up there otherwise you'll crash and burn.
So go on Mike, I'm cheering you on! You'll get up there, I know you will!
Back to top Go down
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:41 am

Good luck and stay healthy. As the old saying goes, sound mind sound body. And supposedly, vice versa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:51 am

I havn't lived that long to understand how serious your problem is to you. =( But least I know how tough it may be.

So I bid you good luck getting a stable, comfy life in the States sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am

Take this to cheer you up.

(っ≧ω≦)っ
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 pm

@Nisa wrote:
Take this to cheer you up.

(っ≧ω≦)っ

Heh, that's cute, Nisa! Smile

Now while I'm just realizing I'm old enough to be a -father- to some of you(and I now have reason to believe I'm the oldest active/semi-active CBEn player), that doesn't mean I don't respect ya'...heck, I'm getting curb-stomped by you guys! Exclamation

Once I'm back home in Tennessee, I'll be looking into a number of jobs, including one with the potential for US$18.60/hour...I nail that, and there -will- be Rt in my future!

The worst part about all this is that it kills any chance my fiance' and I have of getting married...kinda hard to be a couple when you're on opposite ends of the world, isn't it?

...and after all the trouble I went to to propose to her at DisneyWorld...earning THIS in the process:

Yeah, Snow White and all -freaking SEVEN- of the dwarves signed that thing...and next to it is another signed by Mickey and Minnie after the nightly fireworks show...which we had been given VIP seating to. Like a Star @ heaven

Hard getting up again all the time after getting knocked down as much as I have lately...but one'a these days, it'll be my name they're mentioning in fearing whispers...just once, I'd like to be the guy who turns the tide of a battle by merely -showing up-!

O.k., that's enough self-pity for one post...someone make with the CB Girls pics or something...we need cheer, STAT! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:08 pm

On a slightly brighter note...I'm claiming this as my personal Cosmic Break 'entrance theme'! Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Good luck man and all the best

i gave you a forum title but if you want it removed just say
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:41 pm

@IronDicks wrote:

...I just now noticed that...I honestly don't know what to say...but that really makes my day...; now if I could just play more between now and when I head home...no way I'll earn any [ro]cubes from the event at this pace!

Still, if and when I think of a replacement title, I'll let you know. I love you

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:

...I just now noticed that...I honestly don't know what to say...but that really makes my day...; now if I could just play more between now and when I head home...no way I'll earn any [ro]cubes from the event at this pace!

Still, if and when I think of a replacement title, I'll let you know. I love you

I'd offer to do them for you, but I'm already covering three other peoples' accounts as well as my own four, and my net's been unpredictable lately, so I'm not sure if I could really get it done for you every day. Sorry. :s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:49 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:

I'd offer to do them for you, but I'm already covering three other peoples' accounts as well as my own four, and my net's been unpredictable lately, so I'm not sure if I could really get it done for you every day. Sorry. :s

I appreciate the thought there...don't overwork yourself on my behalf...I'll manage just fine without an extra [ro] cube or 2...man, when are they gonna announce the winners of the fanvid contest?? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoflWaffle
Eisai Haramasukoi
Eisai Haramasukoi

Male Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Although I don't know you, you seem like a really nice, genuine person and I feel awful that life is throwing all this shit at you.

Best of luck! <3

...I should really talk to you more since we're in the same clan and I think you're even on my friends list. silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:55 am

@RoflWaffle wrote:
Although I don't know you, you seem like a really nice, genuine person and I feel awful that life is throwing all this shit at you.

Best of luck! <3

...I should really talk to you more since we're in the same clan and I think you're even on my friends list. silent

I'll be fine...oh, I'll be fine.... Smile

On a brighter note, here's a very early CB beta shot I dug up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 am

Have 2 free Midoro Cosmos for your trouble! XD
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:55 am

LXE wrote:

Junk.

Take this instead.

(っ≧ω≦)っ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 am

@Nisa wrote:
LXE wrote:
Junk.
Take this instead.
(っ≧ω≦)っ
Nisa, so mean! D:
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Hmm, there's an idea....

CS releases a new cube, called the [Bt] Cube; you only get one on your Birthday(which you entered when you signed up, so that couldn't be manipulated), and inside is a guaranteed Gold Ball 'bot from the current gara gold-ball 'bot lists!

...hey, a guy can dream, can't he? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Man, today did NOT start well....

4 dead lasts in a row and a Challenge Lotto Cube Beta that coughed up ONE Dual Missle WB! Sad

Got a little better later when Wiz won offense and defense on Epoch(with me providing a distraction as a stealth/broad radar item-runner Support bot...-and- a kill on a fleeing melee bot near the PS)...just wish I had time to learn another useful in-game skill besides Support before I head home. confused

-edit-

So, knowing me as well as some of you do, what else would I actually be cut out for doing?? :\ I'd really like to branch out, but I'm not sure what else I'd be cabale of ingame...gets boring being a 1-trick pony sometimes.... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Just try out something you like. Try out different bots and different playstyles, and you'll eventually find something to like.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Perhaps a bit more about what I've done in other games would help....

...regardless of the game-type(FPS, strategy, MMORPG, etc.), I've always fallen into a mid-to-long range support role...in EverQuest, I ended up with a Beastlord, constantly darting around the perimeter of a battle while lobbing in offensive/defensive support spells while my warder(pet) would handle the grunt work....

In City of Heroes, I specifically setup a character for this using what was then a very unorthodox mix of powers/abilities...and made it -work-. Very Happy

Essentially, the closer I get to a target, the less effective I am in any situation...give me a means of assisting my allies in the rear-line, or a method of tagging an opponent from halfway across the map(going on full manual-aim, mind you...ask anyone in Exteel who knew me) and being gone before the projectile even gets there, and you'll hopefully see me doing what I do best!

I'd LOVE to get my hands on the Saggi Maxis III(dual rail-guns), but I'll settle for a basic Maxis if I ever come into some Rt.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I seem a little moody in-game....   

Back to top Go down

If I seem a little moody in-game....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com