Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:36 pm

@fhoeng wrote:

Also, I don't believe baltheon shield is HP based, but by number of hits.
I've tested this, I was just dumb enough to not write the numbers down anywhere. Baltheon shields are either 300 or 350 HP, I forget which.

And what I'm getting at is, with how fragile the shield is it really won't stop a breaker at all. If you're talking about meat shielding the PS, you're better off with something like a c.veil + stun regain 700 HP daedalian that can also bludgeon the breaker to death than a 300~400 HP low-tgh balth that has its shield popped in the same instance it goes up, tumbles into the hail of bullets, and dies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:43 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@fhoeng wrote:

I've tested this, I was just dumb enough to not write the numbers down anywhere. Baltheon shields are either 300 or 350 HP, I forget which.

And what I'm getting at is, with how fragile the shield is it really won't stop a breaker at all. If you're talking about meat shielding the PS, you're better off with something like a c.veil + stun regain 700 HP daedalian that can also bludgeon the breaker to death than a 300~400 HP low-tgh balth that has its shield popped in the same instance it goes up, tumbles into the hail of bullets, and dies.

Pretty much this, also, if there's a rambo melee going after your PS defenders it will be a case of "THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING" on the part of the unfortunate balth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@fhoeng wrote:

Is this what this is about? Apple vs orange? All I am saying is baltheon is not a magic unit like people expected it to be, and neither is daedalian (and daedalian will fail in so many other instances where baltheon excel at). Different roles as well as a defender. You can wind blow a daedalian off the cliff but not a baltheon with shield up (and baltheon will get back way faster even if it did get wind blow off); there are a ton of differences in pro and con.

Anyway, one last time. Tank are not magic units that save the PS. Team work is.

lol at "a rambo" melee going to PS. Maybe if they got 10 rambo melee, but then where is the breaker?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:58 pm

@fhoeng wrote:

Is this what this is about? Apple vs orange? All I am saying is baltheon is not a magic unit like people expected it to be
And all I'm saying is "that breaker doesn't give a shit about your baltheon". It's like stretching a blanket over a railroad track. When the train passes through, it's not going to care very much that there's a blanket in its way.

You aren't going to stop custom shotguns with a baltheon. You can, however, stop the things that would be targetting a repair bit, melfi, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Very well then. I would advice you to give a shit about baltheon in your way, because breaker isn't a train. Breakers are closer to a crow that poop, worthless unless in numbers, or when defender is dumber than a crow. But time is being wasted, so I will leave it at that (not like I will change your opinion any time soon nor vice versa).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:54 pm

One thing counters another, it's pointless to support something (Balth shield, Dae CV) when they're easily countered by something else (FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE and melee, Alphags). So this discussion is going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anchimon
Newcomer
Newcomer
anchimon

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 am

Questions about a PS-breaker.
First:
I've tried a 2x 8-Vulcan and a 3x Custom Shotgun + 1x normal Shotgun (need to frag frac some more) PS-breaker. BD is normal Cosmo Kaiser (cause of Broad Radar). In the test Arena I can break the PS in ~3-4 seconds (no HS) with the 8-Vulcan variant. The Shotgun one take a lot longer for the PS (no HS). After the first burst it display ~30 damage and the PS just blink for several burst before displaying 3-10 damage and so on. In Epoch it is the same, got the feeling 8-vulcan give me better constant damage.
Is there something I'm missing, because I once saw ONE enemy breaking a 100% PS with HS when I was on defending Epoch in seconds with Shotgun-type weapon before he was taken down.

Second:
How long does a good PS-breaker with HS need for an 100% PS solo?

Third (less PS-breaker related):
How big will a Big Head HDJ make the Beetlander HD-attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:04 pm

@anchimon wrote:

Second:

A single round of HS can bring it down from start to finish.

Approximately twice the hitbox size. Add on Big Body BDJ to double that again. You'll have berzelius-hitbox style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:25 pm

@anchimon wrote:
First:
I've tried a 2x 8-Vulcan and a 3x Custom Shotgun + 1x normal Shotgun (need to frag frac some more) PS-breaker. BD is normal Cosmo Kaiser (cause of Broad Radar). In the test Arena I can break the PS in ~3-4 seconds (no HS) with the 8-Vulcan variant. The Shotgun one take a lot longer for the PS (no HS). After the first burst it display ~30 damage and the PS just blink for several burst before displaying 3-10 damage and so on. In Epoch it is the same, got the feeling 8-vulcan give me better constant damage.
Is there something I'm missing, because I once saw ONE enemy breaking a 100% PS with HS when I was on defending Epoch in seconds with Shotgun-type weapon before he was taken down.

Second:
1. Shotguns have spread, so you need to make sure all your bullets are hitting.
2. With hyper shot, 2~4 seconds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 pm

@anchimon wrote:
First:
Shotguns require that you're close to the PS for full effect. If you can't land on a ledge that's close(I mean, Machinegun range at most), don't bother taking shotguns or blasters. Eight Vulcans do more constant damage but are less accessible.

Second:
Uhh...less than three seconds. I witnessed the power of a PS breaker during a Union Wars match on the map Relic Towers. Dear God...at the beginning of the game I saw the guy drop right in front of our PS, and I was about to engage him when he started firing. Within a half-second to 1.5 seconds our PS dropped from 100% HP to 0%. That should give you a good idea of what a good PS breaker can do.

I don't think Big Head HDJ or Big Body LGJ does anything to amplify the projectile size of any HD-embedded or LG-embedded attack. I think it simply enlarges your hitbox.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@anchimon wrote:
First:
Shotguns require that you're close to the PS for full effect. If you can't land on a ledge that's close(I mean, Machinegun range at most), don't bother taking shotguns or blasters. Eight Vulcans do more constant damage but are less accessible.
I think you underestimate how massive a PS is, It's possible to be safely far away and nail it with all 9 shots from an OMG blaster. Besides, you give 8-vulcan's slightly-longer-than-a-sword's-length range too much credit.

Second:
Uhh...less than three seconds. I witnessed the power of a PS breaker during a Union Wars match on the map Relic Towers. Dear God...at the beginning of the game I saw the guy drop right in front of our PS, and I was about to engage him when he started firing. Within a half-second to 1.5 seconds our PS dropped from 100% HP to 0%. That should give you a good idea of what a good PS breaker can do.
For reference, a PS has about 400 HP but much greater than 40 TGH, most weapons will reduce to 0s and multiple shots combine to get you 1s.

I don't think Big Head HDJ or Big Body LGJ does anything to amplify the projectile size of any HD-embedded or LG-embedded attack. I think it simply enlarges your hitbox.Nice try, if it did what what you think it does then it would be completely useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:05 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@anchimon wrote:

I don't think Big Head HDJ or Big Body LGJ does anything to amplify the projectile size of any HD-embedded or LG-embedded attack. I think it simply enlarges your hitbox.

Beetlander HD is a melee attack, and since the hitbox of Beetlander's HD is dependant on the size of it's head, it can get really huge if you stack both together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Big body=big arms=big DC sword or K-shields.

ME GUSTA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 am

what about killing the chibi?
on def, I love to killing chibi, usually chibi piloted by star rangked players and they always tried to hide, and juking around, usually ended up she got killed by me, even when a lot other BIG target, killing chibi is 2nd priority after ready_to_take_off PS breaker, PS breaker tend to ignore me, and I just need to shoot them from behind to get a little multiplied damage and maybe stun, and teasing ppl in encircle map is fun, hide below the bridge bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:31 am

usually i dont care what happens on the offenses side when im offense on encircled maps, my whole buiseness is clearing attack positions like the 3 hills and destroying the powerspot, i couldnt care less about some random bullshitbot under some random bridge or any air that wont hit me much while getting to my goal anyways -.-

of course, there are enough retards to try to kill the random defender thats hanging out at the offenders spawnpoint ... usually 10 vs 1 without success in killing it for at least 30 seconds ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:53 am

good for you me, i tend to target people who ignore me,
ignore => flying / running in straight pattern,
hitting people from behind can't be this easy Razz
if he zigzag / manouver that's mean he does not ignore me Embarassed
and IIRC 3xbeam rifle projectill from behind is a bit hurt
Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah I know this is borderline necro-ing a thread(and Ill probably lose a few points for it), but was in a wild defensive Epoch earlier today!

On that volcanic map with 1 ps, and I dunno how Wiz survived having their PS go below %10 3 times and under %-5- once...guess it helped that there were 2 barrier fields and 4 healers on it with me rofl-coptering my bugsy arm-shield like heck during the worst of it...I'll post a results pic later(once I'm back from work), but if anyone else was there, talk about it!

Whatta finish! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide   

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Comprehensive Epoch Guide
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com