Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PLEASE READ: A note to current and future Guides section posters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: PLEASE READ: A note to current and future Guides section posters   Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 pm

As you can see above, your generous Admin team (mostly Dicks and Sean) have creates some subsections to better organize your posting experience. If there's anything wrong with this new system, come find me because I pestered Dicks to make some changes.

That's great xynk, but what do they do?

The first 5 forums are guide sections. If you have something substantial about a bot or weapon you would like to share with the rest of the CBFF community. To go in one of these subforums the guide should be informative, well versed and not necessarily comprehensive. Stats and numbers about whatever you're making a guide about helps, and don't just throw in some flowery vocabulary to describe how good a bot/weapon is, provide builds and suggestions. If you don't think your guide is "meaty" enough, save it for later or post in the last forum as a discussion. You may reserve a reasonable amount of posts after the OP if you believe your thread will expand as such

The last subforum is for any questions you may have about gameplay aspects. How to tune, build, play a bot/weapon, discussing a bot/weapon etc. Queries about technical aspects are to be directed to the helpdesk.

Remember Guides are for you to give an instructional on a bot or weapon, and you should make your opening post as informative as possible.

What about the current threads? What if I want a thread moved to the new sections?

You may continue current threads in the main forum, although it is discouraged to make new topics outside of these 6 subforums, we are currently phasing out the old guides section with this revolutionary form of organization. I will comb the main forums periodically for candidates for moves, though thread starters may PM me to request their guide be moved to an appropriate subforum.

Your topic may or may not qualify, depending on whether or not it is informative and substantial, active, or updated. I may suggest a list of possible improvements so that your thread would qualify for a move. Unless one of them posts here otherwise, I request you do not directly PM a mod or admin regarding these trivialities, as they have enough pestering from the Derpwatch, and some requests may take secondary revisions before approval.

This concludes the public safety announcement
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: A note to current and future Guides section posters   Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Since a lot of people don't seem to be following these rules well, I'll try to clarify:

• If your thread is a guide for a certain bot, it should go under the appropriate bot type subforum (land/air/art/support)
  • If your thread is about weapons, it should go under the weapons subforum.
  • If your thread is asking a question about a bot (i.e. "How should I build my Daedalian?" or "Accele Roll on Elme.S hopper, yes or no?"), a game mechanic (such as stat breakpoints), or pretty much anything else, it should go under Gameplay Questions/Discussions.
  • If your thread doesn't relate to any of these things above, only then should it be in the main body of the guide section.

Any new threads posted that aren't in the appropriate section will be moved without warning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: A note to current and future Guides section posters   Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:45 am

Drawing attention to this again, because it's very apparent to me nobody's following the system here. I'm getting sick of moving 10~20 threads per day, I'm going to start handing out warnings to repeat offenders.

As a reminder (as if the above two posts didn't already cover it):

• Guides go under the guides subforums
  • Questions go under the questions subforum
  • The only time your thread should ever be posted in the main Guides board is if it doesn't fall under any of the subcategories.

If you're still having problems figuring out where your thread needs to go, PM a staff member and ask.

I've decided I'm going to use a "three strikes" system for this. I'll be putting a thread in the staff board for this, both so I and other staff members know how many strikes you have before a warning. Ignorance toward the law is no excuse for breaking it, especially when it happens three or more times in a row.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: A note to current and future Guides section posters   

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ: A note to current and future Guides section posters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com