Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyoka
Upside-down poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:03 am

Grenade Lawnchair + triple shot.

Or Desperado stunlock.

Loved gunslinger, except they're either on one end or another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:39 am

@rei_hunter wrote:
@Turkeysaur wrote:
Building characters in a 75/75/50 server sounds like taking a walk in the park. Been a long time since my last private RO server, when the most OP equipment was Satan Morroc's, Berzebu's and Randgris drops, noob friendly classes were EDP Assassin X and Guillotine champions, and dream character was Mjollnir Biochemist.

Might be interested in going there if friends successfully convince me to play RO again.

eh......... not really.

But since i'm aiming for cheapest set available for High Wizard (Rod with Damage Modifier Cards, -CastRate and -AfterCastDelay, Sprint Set, Orlean's Server+Gloves Set) i'm extremely happy to say, that it actually works. o_o of course, MVP Tier Gear will cost around 9B in total.... so D;

My Ultimate Permanent (High) Swordsman... not exactly my cheapest build, since the parts required costs around 100m ea. (Well the final items anyways)
But the end game for it goes somewhere like this
Spoiler:

EDP SinX, isnt as useful as Guillotine Cross' Skills, of course the majority of GX's new skills, does NOT stack with EDP. Just a balance counter measure. Cross Ripper Slash already damages as if you've EDP'd a Sonic Blow Level 5~

Guillotine Champions. Good luck getting Instant Cast/Near Instant Cast without sacrificing a lot of INT. lol. Combo Champions/Combo Shura's is where its at, well Asura/Guillotine Champions is good for levelling imo, but overall, they'd miss to lots of mobs, or wont have time to actually cast asura strike/guillotine fist............. so you actually have to think "How to level."

Don't you guys MVP? Because you'll hardly get a single piece of the best equipment if you plan to buy them. When it comes to spending in RO, I think I always spent the most in WoE supplies and a couple of cards that I felt lazy to farm. Does those 9B include ghostring and at least one godly equipment? If not, the economy is pretty much screwed up.

You can say I'm an elitist fag but perma 1st classes never were my thing, maybe because I got too immersed in WoE and MVPing. TBH, that swordie doesn't look bad...might be scarier than only-enters-buffed-to-hell people in PVP.

And I don't know anything about new classes nor mobs/maps, but thanks god Gravity decided to stop buffing sins at each skill/class update. At least Guillotine Champs were useful at MVPing and WoE, depending on stat distribution, but always bad at levelling compared to other classes. Definitely not a class I would pick for a fresh start, priest and hunter combination never failed to get me geared relatively fast unless some drastic balancing occurred in the last couple of years.

Yeah, I play autistic style lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1141

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 am

*Looks at the 7 angeling and 2 ghostring card in my storage* *Looks more and found a darklord and bloody knight card* "Oh hey a Howard Alt-eisen too".....Too bad never had the good equipment to card them :/....(no, as far as I remember, there isn't a card remover npc impremented, not sure about it now though)
MVP card are hunted through endless tower, as for minibosses, some were unexpected drop while passingby or when training early 1st job and use my main to rid them of threat before grinding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Female Posts : 4520

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:39 am

We have a Shura/ which is the third Class of CHampion/Monk.... but he aint the Extremety/Asura Strike/Guillotine Fist type, he has the skill for like reserved, but he's mostly Combo Champion/Shura. What this basically means, per combo attack he or she does (Chain Crush Combo) can deal around 40k with a good set amount of stats + lesser equipment. What this basically says, he/she can hold his own in DPS for MVP.

MVPs in essenceRO is buffed. like mad. You need a guild to take down one of the Lighthazen MVPs. Even more if it was Valkyrie Randgris... and dont even get me started on Satan Morroc.

We just recently helped a guy out (The Shura owner) in making a Paladin/Royal Guard Devotioner... so MVPs dont hurt as much, so he has around 70k hp... +10k HP and +63% more HP from equipment and skills alone.... so yeah, we can MVP now, we just need an MVP Summoner (Professor), an Arch Bishop that's minorly equipped for MVP and a DPS Class. (Or a Bloody Branch)

So far we've killed Moonlight Flower and Evil Snake Lord (At least me with my derpslinger) and i've died at least 3 times at evil snake lord, and moonlight flower@ 7 times. That's how hard they get.

Also, my High Permanent Swordsman Build is enough to make Shuras/Mechanics cry :> so long as they dont have any Anti-Stun or Anti-Poison Gear :>

And the fact of the matter, i dont have plans in making my Guild WoE, we're weak.

And, if you think Asura Champions is bad @ levelling, you thought wrong. :> (Asura Anubis, go back to respawn, heal, buff yourself, Asura Anubis)
Lol.

Turkeysaur, play with us? D:

@priskern
D:, that's one hell of a highrate server imo D:
EssenceRO is like... MidRate
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reihunter
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 am

Lolol Anubis.

Essence RO has a healer. Do Thors. Seriously. Thors > Anubis in terms of EXP. Die too much at thors? Go get some basic equipment. Viola, easy levels. Imo, sure as hell beats walking all the way down to anubis floor just to kill one anubis. Unless the dungeon warper warps you straight to anubis, then... Okay, that's a bit more reasonable cause anubis are really easy to kill esp if you're asuraing, not to mention easier to survive.

.... Did I mention I like thors? Thors volcano is cool :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yokura.deviantart.com/
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:21 am

@Yokura wrote:
Lolol Anubis.

Essence RO has a healer. Do Thors. Seriously. Thors > Anubis in terms of EXP. Die too much at thors? Go get some basic equipment. Viola, easy levels. Imo, sure as hell beats walking all the way down to anubis floor just to kill one anubis. Unless the dungeon warper warps you straight to anubis, then... Okay, that's a bit more reasonable cause anubis are really easy to kill esp if you're asuraing, not to mention easier to survive.

.... Did I mention I like thors? Thors volcano is cool :3

Good luck surviving PVP mode. D: and Instant Cast is 190 DEX.................. and i dont think you can combo with asura strike.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:24 am

@rei_hunter wrote:

@priskern
D:, that's one hell of a highrate server imo D:
EssenceRO is like... MidRate

*80/80/50, not really much higher then essence. Boss card were fixed at 0.05%. Just that I hunt a damn lot of them. Shura with guillotine is outclassed by gate of heaven though. As much as guillotine per hit is much higher, it isn't dps efficient. Warlord's Crowd control is omgwtfbbq. Main DPS for boss is still Acid Bomb Bio-Chemist/Genetic though. But these are costly and I can solo some easy boss by kiting, stuff like garm/eddga etc, though one mistake result in instant KO :/. But most boss requires team effort. The ones in Bio lab 3 require sometime 2 teams depending on which one is the mvp *I am looking at your katherine*.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:18 am

yeah... our katheryne takes 3 guilds to kill.

Eremes? even more, it raped an entire party of level 170 MVPers.... seriously badass.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Upside-down poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:44 am

@rei_hunter wrote:
yeah... our katheryne takes 3 guilds to kill.

Eremes? even more, it raped an entire party of level 170 MVPers.... seriously badass.

And Howard/Seyren?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2857

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:05 am

@priskern wrote:
I don't get why people love sprint set. It forced you into a set with mediocre stuff compare to a lot of other set or even standalone.

Overlooking a mediocre set can be costly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 am

@Hyoka

Seems, The Priest or Assassin Cross are the hardest to take down, along with the High Wiz MVP..

Seyren? not so much.
Howard? Your tanker better have the equips that doesnt break.

@Aria
how right you are....

ALSO

I R WARLOCK!
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Had one of every class :/......Played so much till I am really sick of it thats why I stopped playing :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:44 pm

lol.

I just make my characters look cool and also effective in some certain stuff...........

so its still fun for me.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 am

@rei_hunter wrote:

inb4 Full Chemical Protection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:34 am

@Aria wrote:
@rei_hunter wrote:

Full valkyrie set :s.....ahue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 am

@priskern wrote:
@Aria wrote:
@rei_hunter wrote:

Full valkyrie set :s.....ahue

People rarely rely on Valkyries these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 am

I used to be INCREDIBLY active on EssenceRO

been on there for quite a while, my IGN was UncleBooby ^^

But, I'm kind of sick of ragnarok =/

Also, at those bossfights,

A friend on EssenceRO could solo almost all Biolab bosses

Her IGN is ElenaDemonhunter, you might know her, (MainChatSpammah ;A;) I used to MVP with her but she pretty much did everything while I support just a bit xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 am

oh i know about elena, she wanted me to join their "Arcane Maidens"

Coury also plays it (NOT CORI)
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 pm

@rei_hunter wrote:
oh i know about elena, she wanted me to join their "Arcane Maidens"

Coury also plays it (NOT CORI)

Yeah I know, I also met Coury on EssenceRO way before I played CB. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:25 pm

lol funny thing about Coury was that, she's been playing with me in Cosmic Break JP and after 6 months she asked "Are you rei_hunter from essenceRO's IRC Channel?" I said yes lol and she went akjsd;aksjd;aklsjd;lzxkcj;alksjd;lakjse9qweiu,,,,,, etc..

xD
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 pm

I think I finally found my Ragnarok server if I start playing again...

http://ret-ro.net/info.php

Shame the rates aren't a bit higher...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 am

@rei_hunter wrote:
lol funny thing about Coury was that, she's been playing with me in Cosmic Break JP and after 6 months she asked "Are you rei_hunter from essenceRO's IRC Channel?" I said yes lol and she went akjsd;aksjd;aklsjd;lzxkcj;alksjd;lakjse9qweiu,,,,,, etc..

xD

Exactly the same happened to me. o_o

I replied to a thread on this forum, Coury then quoted me and replied: Bram....? (Bram is my actual name xD )

At first I had no idea who Coury was (LOL) then I remembered her from Essence, a very asddsd,ds,;pgv,vpa-moment, indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 am

@UncleBobbie
Considering i've been in EssenceRO's irc channel since 7 years ago lol... so ya. Coury's taking a break from Cosmic Break though :<

@Kitosuki
Surprised

That server.... no Lord Knights? or High Priests? Wat? (No Gunslingers either o.o)

Basically, it's a very old version of Ragnarok Online.... nice... but the those rates q-q

also, game mechanics altered, i thought you hate that stuff? o_o
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 am

Oh and PS:

Ranking (all time).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:24 am

lol nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   

Back to top Go down

EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com