Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jump Ultimate Stars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spoonman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 5

PostSubject: Jump Ultimate Stars   Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm

The epic fighting game for the DS only available in Japan, featuring over 300 chraracters from different Shonen Jump mangas and animes. I can't believe there wasn't a topic for this game here before. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Because it's so 5 years ago. I'd be surprised if there are still many people playing it online.

Game is fun if you have some mates to fuck around with (assuming none of them are fucktards), the game is far too imbalanced for any serious competitive play, main reason why online play is completely retarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoonman
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Trust me, people are still playing. Very Happy And yes, the gameplay may be imbalanced, you just get good at it. The reason online play is "retarded" is because people use romulations and hacked them to give themselves advantages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:49 pm

What? Hack? That's not what I'm talking about. I speak of simple tier abusers. Unlike, say, conventional competitive fighters such as KOF/SF/GG, the gap between tiers in JUS are far too significant, limiting the metagame to a selected few characters/supports whilst making everything else utterly useless in competitive scene no matter how well you utilize them. "just get good at it" means little to nothing unless you are willing to sacrifice your dignity and self-respect just for competitiveness.

...not unlike Pokemon, but at least that has more depth and strategy involved.

As said, it's an entertaining multiplayer game for people who just want to have fun with various personalized decks and not take shit too serious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Loved the game.
Spoiler:

And reV's completely right, the balance is horrible. I remembered watching a JP tourney where a guy facerolled his way to first with 6-koma Taikoubou using loads of 1komas and multiple OP supports (3-koma Seiya for sure, I think he had 3-koma Sena too).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoonman
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:57 pm

OK, I'm not going to shoot anyone down for their opinions, but I started this topic in hopes of bringing out other people who enjoy this game and maybe exchange friend codes. And believe me, I know for a fact that this game (or any game, for that matter) is certainly not perfect and flawless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Lol, Jump. Was fun times when I used to play these with my friends offline until they got themselves mugged and lost their units.

I still got this on my flashcart, but I don't online play, so...

Used to play 5-koma Hiei and 4-koma Lenalee. Good times, man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:51 am

@Spoonman wrote:
OK, I'm not going to shoot anyone down for their opinions, but I started this topic in hopes of bringing out other people who enjoy this game and maybe exchange friend codes. And believe me, I know for a fact that this game (or any game, for that matter) is certainly not perfect and flawless.

Well, the game certainly is enjoyable, we are simply stating how that the game is poorly balanced for the competitive play, and this isn't some objective opinions, but a fact. All games have flaws, certainly, but for a game that focuses on its multilayer elements to have such poor balancing is a bit unpleasant, it's like joining a CB arena room with your casual fun bots like Blocky and Helingal and run into a wall of AGs/TBGs/MBGs/etc, I don't call that fun to be very honest.

And hey, discussion happens, this is a thread on an internet forum (ie. Discussion Board) afterall, we aren't here just to spend our days declaring our undying love for anything and everything, being obnoxious, judgmental and cynical is what we do Cool

@NumeroDoS wrote:

4-koma Lenalee.

BLUGRHIGURHUIGHISUHGIUSD\

I remember when I used to get thrown ring-out by her flying kicks repeatedly on many occasions, frigging ring-out queen.

My main deck used 8-koma Seiya (which nobody seems to use for whatever reason, he's got good dps and ryuuseiken BIGBANG is pretty cheesy) and 6-koma Yusuke (<3) with 3-koma Allen support, used to combo Allen's unblockable launch support with Seiya's Sagittarius Arrow, think it did around 240 damage when combo'd correctly, used to just call the combo "240" for shits and giggles.

But yeah, good times, man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jump Ultimate Stars   

Back to top Go down

Jump Ultimate Stars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com