Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Really been struggling lately.... :\

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:35 am

...-any-way, I've swapped the arms on the little art back to Accel Saber and gave it the Stun Regain cart as suggested...fairly mobile and agile little bugger with a small hitbox and a way of annoying the heck outta much larger bots, especially if I can get the drop on them! Very Happy

As for both bots, I've got room to start making cosmos mods, but should I wait until I get some more capacity carts on them or begin to mod right away? ...and even the 'great' versions of those mods are, at best, at a %50 sucess rate...and I only have one %10 harmonics item to use...and maybe 5-8k uc.... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:55 pm

IMO it doesn't matter right now when you mod them because the bots you got don't have locked slots. If they did, I would say tune as much as you can pre lvl 5 to see how much you've broken, and if you don't like the results, junk and start over. It'd save you the 25k for the lvl 5 remover.

Right now though, you're better off just adding up as much WLK as you can if your parts are all set. Should chuck it on cosmicalc to see how it'll measure out in the long run. Can't hurt to double check; might even make you change your mind on what parts you want to keep the stats above 0.

Though maybe that won't fly with you. I'm retardedly overanalytical and I love making every one of my bots optimized for maximized efficiency. That's just one of my neurotics..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Given my constant lack of uc/harmonics, I'd rather tune for cost-effectiveness...the 'great' tune adds 30 cost, but increases wlk by 3, while the basic one only adds 5 cost, but adds 1 wlk...dollar for dollar(so to speak), this would be the wiser choice, but the sucess rate is slightly lower....

Hmm....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:47 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
Given my constant lack of uc/harmonics, I'd rather tune for cost-effectiveness...the 'great' tune adds 30 cost, but increases wlk by 3, while the basic one only adds 5 cost, but adds 1 wlk...dollar for dollar(so to speak), this would be the wiser choice, but the sucess rate is slightly lower....

Hmm....

Just spam arena to get more UC
Then use it on UC gara for tuneup stuff

Then sell spare parts for points, use points for tuneup stuff

D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Best way to go with tuning is High Alpha/Beta tunes. If you're dealing with 1-slot parts only it's probably a better idea to use Great Alpha/Beta though. Using Ace Braver LG and Build Arm AMs, you should have some 2~3 slot variants of each, and can always farm more from Arcantus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:14 am

@Suguri wrote:
Best way to go with tuning is High Alpha/Beta tunes. If you're dealing with 1-slot parts only it's probably a better idea to use Great Alpha/Beta though. Using Ace Braver LG and Build Arm AMs, you should have some 2~3 slot variants of each, and can always farm more from Arcantus.

I think that bot has something like 11-14 slots to play with total...I'll have to look at the High vs Great tunes again.

I'm by no means a 'min-maxer' type of player; I usually just roll with whatever feels good, but I suppose some clever cosmos-mod work couldn't hurt...I may be able to push the GunRunner bot to 35wlk if I'm lucky.... What a Face

One notable exception is shown in my Avatar...that was my main 'RocketBot' in Exteel; the bot was built around the weapons, setup entirely for maximum effectiveness...I could essentially keep up a constant stream of rocket fire, only breaking long enough to swap rockets when one overheated...and I' dlike to think I was pretty good with those rockets, as they had no lock-on mechanism, allowing for full manual leading! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Tried a high alpha cosmos and failed it with 60%...no harmonics left, and very iffy about attempting any more mods unless the sucess rate is at -least- %80.... Crying or Very sad

It's clear, however, that I still need to learn more about doing something besides ranged fighting as I tend to panic the instant anything gets inside middle-short range...any effectiveness I had goes right out the window and I'm a sitting duck at that point(including on the GunRunner)...I just tend to freeze up, and this makes me a tragic liability on the field unless I'm healing....

...and while arena is obviously the best way to earn UC, I think I need to get into some team fights rooms where I can try to learn things and NOT look like a complete idiot...so if anyone here spots me ingame, toss me a hello and let's see if we can get a room going? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Get a bot with a lethal close range reputation and make it into a gunner. I've seen gunner Jikuns, and I don't get near them because even if they have low STR, that melee is STILL gonna hurt. Even if you don't use the melee, it'll make people think twice before rushing you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:54 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
Tried a high alpha cosmos and failed it with 60%...no harmonics left, and very iffy about attempting any more mods unless the sucess rate is at -least- %80.... Crying or Very sad

It's clear, however, that I still need to learn more about doing something besides ranged fighting as I tend to panic the instant anything gets inside middle-short range...any effectiveness I had goes right out the window and I'm a sitting duck at that point(including on the GunRunner)...I just tend to freeze up, and this makes me a tragic liability on the field unless I'm healing....

...and while arena is obviously the best way to earn UC, I think I need to get into some team fights rooms where I can try to learn things and NOT look like a complete idiot...so if anyone here spots me ingame, toss me a hello and let's see if we can get a room going? Smile

Tunes fail even at 80%. This is CB, where high % don't guarantee that sort of percentage. Breaking slots is part and parcel of the game.

Arena sadly is the best way to earn UC, unless you want to run Quest mode for stuff.

If I ever see you on (you're in NZ so you play at times I'm never awake at) I don't mind spotting ya. I'm not pro, but I know issues when I see them.

Iseal's ideas do work, but IMO they're like band-aids over cracks and not really permanent solutions (what if you don't want to play melee as gunners then?)

Best thing to do for middle short range issues is that if you know you've got problems with that, watch your mini map/screen. (BR is your best friend Smile ) If they start advancing to you at a speed you know you'll lose at, back off. The slower your bot, the earlier you hafta back off. Find some meat shields (be they trees or teammates), run behind them, and keep running until they lose interest in you. If they're shooting you while you're doing so, fly/run from side to side to dissuade them from thinking you're an easy kill.

Then turn around and shoot them. HA. TAKE THAT SUCKAH. Rinse and repeat.

Oh yeah, and if you run by your PS, run through the PS, run around a corner of something like a pillar (say like at Dull Road I think? the one with the bridge overhead and a lot of pillars) and when they come around the corner BOOM IN THE FACE!

Oh some things prove to be universal. Just like in HoN/DotA <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:32 pm

@ngelicdark wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:

Tunes fail even at 80%. This is CB, where high % don't guarantee that sort of percentage. Breaking slots is part and parcel of the game.

Arena sadly is the best way to earn UC, unless you want to run Quest mode for stuff.

If I ever see you on (you're in NZ so you play at times I'm never awake at) I don't mind spotting ya. I'm not pro, but I know issues when I see them.

Iseal's ideas do work, but IMO they're like band-aids over cracks and not really permanent solutions (what if you don't want to play melee as gunners then?)

Best thing to do for middle short range issues is that if you know you've got problems with that, watch your mini map/screen. (BR is your best friend Smile ) If they start advancing to you at a speed you know you'll lose at, back off. The slower your bot, the earlier you hafta back off. Find some meat shields (be they trees or teammates), run behind them, and keep running until they lose interest in you. If they're shooting you while you're doing so, fly/run from side to side to dissuade them from thinking you're an easy kill.

Then turn around and shoot them. HA. TAKE THAT SUCKAH. Rinse and repeat.

Oh yeah, and if you run by your PS, run through the PS, run around a corner of something like a pillar (say like at Dull Road I think? the one with the bridge overhead and a lot of pillars) and when they come around the corner BOOM IN THE FACE!

Oh some things prove to be universal. Just like in HoN/DotA <3

Well, now that the GunRunner setup has Boost Run, it was giving at least one(and possibly 2) air/Plasma Gun users fits...they still got me, but I was all over the place trying to draw them off of other targets! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:49 pm

xz had 3 95% tunes fail him at some point, and I had a 5 row of sub-50% tunes when UC tuning my bee to 38 fly so anything can happen.

Also, use one of your gamma harmonics from level up campaign and tune a gatling or a good vulcan for paralyze and troll lands, vfs don't know what hit them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:54 pm

I was just recommending the bot so they wouldn't rush him in the first place. I never said he had to actually USE the melee, just the possible threat of the use on a melee based bot is enough to make people cautious. Wasn't the TC the guy who had trouble using melee anyways?

I'd suggest not using Boost Run unless you only want to make short runs. It really sucks when your boost guage runs out and the other guy is still chasing you. If you absolutely can't tune to 30+ WLK though, then I suppose Boost Run will have to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:49 am

Well the GunRunner is at 28wlk presently, and won't go any higher without tunes...as long as I know what's around me on the map, I'm fine when Boost Run expires...plus, I admit it's been fun doing drive-by Armor-Breaker snipes on people...by the time they realize they've been hit, I'm long gone; even more entertaining is doing this with dual rifle bits...drive-by gangland-style! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:51 am

If you're gonna do that, why not tune Breaker onto the breakers? It'd actually have a use if all you're doing is just harassing shots. Not sure what breaker type would be best though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:10 am

Do like me Laughing and make a team of 3 fliers and turn them into walking arts. You kill everything that stands in your way given they aren't railgun spammers or long range people who shoot you from where you can't even see them...

seraph crim + 2x mini zookas + izuna legs + brickgale machine gun arms = walking art if you are wondering...

You can fly away from lands easily (float dash) and nowadays you never see guys with giant bazookas anymore so no need to worry about them blowing you up for massive damage.

And that pesky hellingal? Why'd he mess with my seraphs when he knows he will probably die anyways?

My experience - Hellingals never chase down a seraph no matter how poorly equipped or geared they are unless they are standing completely alone and just afking or something.

Last edited by BNOISE on Sat May 21, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:14 am

I see too many 'zookas around for my liking when I play AIR. It DOES work though, L AIR has some awesome options in psuedo-ARTing. Lightning guns pierce shielding, SDC shreds LND units, Pulse Missiles if you save some FLY, Alpha Striking... so many options. Just be careful of ART pushes. If they run straight at you, you're likely to take massive dmg, if not die first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:29 am

@Iseal wrote:
Just be careful of ART pushes. If they run straight at you, you're likely to take massive dmg, if not die first.
That's definitely true but there aren't that many shield baltheons or whatever anymore to cover people anymore.
It's just all random land and air units rushing everywhere.
The only arts that really play are all in the back spamming railguns.
I just played a couple games today and the only real problems i had was from other airs with zookas.
Everything else either got destroyed by me rapid firing like a lunatic (those bgale arms really shred these sword carrying people like that new royal gara chick and fencer) or just hopping around and getting hit by my wisps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:32 am

Got -very- lucky earlier and succeeded at a High Run Alpha tune with only %45...GunRunner's up to 31wlk now! Smile

Aside from that, was having a 'meh' day until I wandered over to my alt account on BRD to toy around....

Ended up in my Mighty Byne on Green Hills(name?) and caught a glimpse of a Vanguard dashing by at the edge of my vision range...followed from a ledge and saw him working over a 'Berll who was doing her best to pin the guy down, but it wasn't looking good.

...I've had this happen to me so many times I can't count them all, and while I normally just mosey on my way at the thought of melee, seeing that poor 'Berll getting the worst of it made -some-thing inside me snap; waited a heartbeat, then dahsed forward and leaped off the ledge, landing right BEHIND the Vanguard, who had about half a second to realize he had a VERY angry Byne looming over him...he never completed his turn to run before a 2-punch combo did him in.... Twisted Evil

Maybe it's because I don't have that 'killer instinct' to do well in games like this...I -do- know that my Aspergers Syndrome, though, makes it difficult for me to control my emotions, which may be why I rarely allow myself to get angry or upset...because then I have a hard time cooling down...; but when I -do- get that way, well, 3 melee kills is doing pretty darn good for me! Smile

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 Threem10

Yes, that's my alt-account...and no, I have nothing to hide, which is why I've decided to reveal it now.... Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:38 am

THAT MELEE DMG

grats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:56 am

@Nisa wrote:
THAT MELEE DMG

grats.

Heh, yeah, it isn't much, but on the rare occassion I -do- swat something, I make it count.... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:50 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
Got -very- lucky earlier and succeeded at a High Run Alpha tune with only %45...GunRunner's up to 31wlk now! Smile

Aside from that, was having a 'meh' day until I wandered over to my alt account on BRD to toy around....

Ended up in my Mighty Byne on Green Hills(name?) and caught a glimpse of a Vanguard dashing by at the edge of my vision range...followed from a ledge and saw him working over a 'Berll who was doing her best to pin the guy down, but it wasn't looking good.

...I've had this happen to me so many times I can't count them all, and while I normally just mosey on my way at the thought of melee, seeing that poor 'Berll getting the worst of it made -some-thing inside me snap; waited a heartbeat, then dahsed forward and leaped off the ledge, landing right BEHIND the Vanguard, who had about half a second to realize he had a VERY angry Byne looming over him...he never completed his turn to run before a 2-punch combo did him in.... Twisted Evil

Maybe it's because I don't have that 'killer instinct' to do well in games like this...I -do- know that my Aspergers Syndrome, though, makes it difficult for me to control my emotions, which may be why I rarely allow myself to get angry or upset...because then I have a hard time cooling down...; but when I -do- get that way, well, 3 melee kills is doing pretty darn good for me! Smile

Yes, that's my alt-account...and no, I have nothing to hide, which is why I've decided to reveal it now.... Smile

Aspergers...wow, maybe that's why I rageQQ all the time...
Anyway...3 melee kills. That's hot, especially since you're not a Faguard Fencer.

Last bit of advice:
Keep your mind open to all your options, especially when you're surrounded, and even when you're not.
Got a Fencer rushing your Byne? Don't just jump blindly into the air, especially if you have no FLY. Instead, meet the Fencer halfway, and pilebunker his face in while his slashes blow up your armor plates. Surrounded? No hope of escape? Do some damage before you go down. Locked in melee range using a ranged bot that has weaker melee(read: Seraph)? Use dat melee to stun and then get away and use your weapons. I've killed and been killed by a Seraph like that; we were locked in melee range, each trying to shoot each other with beamguns, and suddenly I end up dead and I watch my pursuer finish his Seraph Tackle and flee the area. Also done Seraph Tackles to enemy ARTs at close range, especially the small ones like Toy-Loli and Lily Rain, and boy does it fuck with them, even with low STR. A Lily Rain without Sword Guard being hit by my Tackle usually takes 30-40 damage(that's 1x Internal'd at approximately 8-11 STR). In contrast, I'd have to hit that same Lily Rain 3 or 4 times with my WBG to do the same damage.

So don't be afraid to use your weapons outside the conventional use. Improvisation during combat is one of the most valuable skills you can have, and might mean the difference between your enemy's exploding bot and your own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:40 pm

The only thing worth tuning breaker on is Byne AM3's breaker shotgun.

Though Structure breaker is the best breaker for sniping, if you were a deadeye shot since 50 base damage would have a high chance of breaking automatically. Best breaker available without Rt would be device breaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:42 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:

Anyway...3 melee kills. That's hot, especially since you're not a Faguard Fencer.

Last bit of advice:
Keep your mind open to all your options, especially when you're surrounded, and even when you're not.
Got a Fencer rushing your Byne? Don't just jump blindly into the air, especially if you have no FLY. Instead, meet the Fencer halfway, and pilebunker his face in while his slashes blow up your armor plates. Surrounded? No hope of escape? Do some damage before you go down. Locked in melee range using a ranged bot that has weaker melee(read: Seraph)? Use dat melee to stun and then get away and use your weapons. I've killed and been killed by a Seraph like that; we were locked in melee range, each trying to shoot each other with beamguns, and suddenly I end up dead and I watch my pursuer finish his Seraph Tackle and flee the area. Also done Seraph Tackles to enemy ARTs at close range, especially the small ones like Toy-Loli and Lily Rain, and boy does it fuck with them, even with low STR. A Lily Rain without Sword Guard being hit by my Tackle usually takes 30-40 damage(that's 1x Internal'd at approximately 8-11 STR). In contrast, I'd have to hit that same Lily Rain 3 or 4 times with my WBG to do the same damage.

So don't be afraid to use your weapons outside the conventional use. Improvisation during combat is one of the most valuable skills you can have, and might mean the difference between your enemy's exploding bot and your own.

Protip: seraph tackle has a huge immune frame, you can legit build with 2 shields and spam tackle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:14 pm

@knyx wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:

Last bit of advice:

Protip: seraph tackle has a huge immune frame, you can legit build with 2 shields and spam tackle.
I don't think it's immunity. Today, I got killed in the middle of Seraph Tackling a Destructor, and I got hit just before I pierced the enemy's bot.

But you can tune for STR, get two shields and spam Seraph Tackle. The ammo is infinite and pierces enemies, a big bonus for melee attacks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:27 pm

This is one of those times I wish I could swap the Byne over to my main account.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Really been struggling lately.... :\
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com