Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Really been struggling lately.... :\

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3759

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:06 am

@ Hoverion: Build Arm AM or AccelSaber AM, NO EXCEPTIONS. And Box Missiles? Might wanna try something that's more reliable.

And yeah, get rid of that head.

@ Accelsaber: God, get rid of Steel Rider LG! And Prop BSJ!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:13 am

@reVelske wrote:
@ Accelsaber: God, get rid of Steel Rider LG! And Prop BSJ!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

well... i guess his advice for Braver LG not that bad actually, you keep your size small enuf to be shooted with sacrifice 1 wlk... well it best advice if you plan for tuning actually

another reason im using steel rider LG aside look cool ,easy to find due shop, and cheap , is im never really bother tuning, so i need as high as i can get for main stat (in case of gun runner is WLK )

cant guarantee we can get every non rt thing ther due they still not let us do bazaar in EN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:57 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
As an update again...:

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 Test-010

The only real change I've made is the addition of the Cacpetus Hd to give me a fall-back weapon that's surprisingly effective at short-range.... Smile

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 Gunrun10

'GunRunner' is the 2nd concept piece; 32 wlk right out of the box and 2 long-range rifles...considering replacing one with a Burner for close-range harassment....

1st Build: Get rid of them Box Missiles for a Bazooka(any type will do, I'd try to avoid going to Mini or Micro Bazooka until you run out of options). Box Missiles are nice, but you run out of ammo too quick.
Your FLY and TGH are derp, but at least you have 20+ WLK and STR, which is nice. Avoid flying whenever possible.
That HD...try to find something less ugly as fuck with better stats. Destructor HD is a nice competitor, and there are a couple others I don't recall. My specialty is in customizing/maximizing moebot potential so I usually don't work with HD parts.
Pterano HD is nice if you're looking for a supplement to your Missiles/Bazooka or just want a sniper-range weapon. The ammo capa(140 shots) is nice, and the damage type(80% shell, 20% blast) lets you do damage against pretty much everything.
Small hitbox is approved.
Still could be improved but a nice start. Try not to tune so much cuz the 10% harmonics leaves a lot of space for luck in the tuning equation.
If you DO tune, go with Great tunes, which give a much higher base success % than the High or Normal tunes. If you don't have the material for Great tunes, at least stick to High tunes. From experience, I can say that a 65%(Most high Alpha/Beta tunes + harmonics) and 75%(Great Alpha/Beta tunes + harmonics) are generally successful. 60%(Normal Alpha tunes + harmonics, High tunes + harmonics, Great tunes - harmonics) is pushing your luck.

2nd Build: Looks speedy. Design is more of a "Mobile Dual Sniper"; Gun n Run sounds like you have fast-firing weaponry.
I DO NOT recommend the weapon choice. Dual Armor Breakers? You'll run out of ammo very quickly. And unless you're a pro marksman, forget about hitting anything moving faster than 20 WLK or 18 FLY.
If you were using a L LND, I'd actually say go for Shino Exroad LG, as they give you a melee attack that hurts plenty.
Other than that, start pumping your TEC, and get either a Long Burner or Ceramic Burner if you plan on that. Normal Burner and Glass Burner hurt a lot more, but have less range and can let enemies with longer melee weapons get in the first strike.
If you don't replace one Armor Breaker with a Burner of some sort, I'd at least get a weapon that fires faster in case you have to defend yourself quickly. I personally like the Auto Magnum, Custom Magnum, Combat Magnum, and maybe Custom Gun(this thing sucks though, I wouldn't). The biggest advantages of these four guns is 1) their Shell-type damage, which is nearly unresisted by everything except for weak Shell Guard, 2) their quick interval, 3) generally high projectile speed, 4) generally fair ammo pool(Auto clocks in at 250 ammo, Custom next at 270, and Combat at 370, dunno about Custom Gun). All four can be found with at least one slot, giving you chances to improve your weapon or give yourself additional stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:52 pm

I've got an extra Pterano Hd or 2...have to make certain on that for the little art....

I'm pretty sure I still have a spare Shino Lg around here somewhere...would give me a melee option, and I can swap out one of the Armor Breakers for one of the Magnums/Guns, assuming I have the Capa for it...just wish I had a UC-up item still...all this tuning is gonna get expensive...FAST! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:02 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
I've got an extra Pterano Hd or 2...have to make certain on that for the little art....

I'm pretty sure I still have a spare Shino Lg around here somewhere...would give me a melee option, and I can swap out one of the Armor Breakers for one of the Magnums/Guns, assuming I have the Capa for it...just wish I had a UC-up item still...all this tuning is gonna get expensive...FAST! Shocked

A couple of notes:
1) Shino Exroad LG is an LL size part. Only useable on an L LND type, so it might not be useable.
2) Just keep playing Arena, or maybe go to CH1 and spam a few Boss Quests for nice items. Boss Quests are much longer than an Arena game though.
3) Tuning is not expensive: A Great~ tune costs...idk say 1500 UC, plus a 10% harmonics is 1000 UC. Multiple tunes become very expensive though, as every tune after the first successful one has a 10% less base chance of succeeding(so if you did a Great Run Alpha tune(65% chance, yes?), the next Great Run Alpha tune will have a base % success rate of 55%.
4) Locked parts with broken slots can be reset by junking the robot and rebuilding. However, this also resets the robot: all levels will be reset, and you'll have to start from lv0, from base parts, and crappy weapons. So try not to break any slots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Side note, art is the -only- type that can't equip pterano HD.

Ironic, considering most breakers are art-only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Destructor CN has a nice Internal Weapon like Hoverion It's a Large Mech and has nice stats and carts. Tune it for WLK without having FLY 0 and Max it's TEC and TGH as much as you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:25 am

The GunRunner setup is working surprisingly well after swapping one of the Armor Breaker rifles for a Burner(hope to get a better Burner someday)...it's a very stable platform for sniper fire, even at a full run...it's still no match for kitted-out bots and pretty much any air, though, heh. Smile

The other bot is proving trickier to work with...tried swapping out the arms for Misside arms(and dropped the Cacpetus Hd for a Destructor one)...offers me more offensive options, but I took a hit to wlk to do it...should I stay with that?

In either condition, I'm still little threat for higher-level bots...but I -am- more annoying now, so I guess it's progress...but I'd like to be able to train/practice against lower-level bots I'd actually have a chance against...too bad the Lv 5 rooms are so empty nowadays.... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:18 am

heh... seriously.... im already use that gun runner like years since first time accel saber comes... with it im ussualy can evade-harras ouka, ivis , even fencer just by running around... dont count slower bot like byne and byne girl, not a chance they can land punch except i accidently bump on em.

only thing still catch me on gun runner is skilled Jet Hammer user (which is very rare) , Winberryl AM (ouch) , and Slow Web from those spiderbot (solved with anti slow... but still...)
... and maybe another gun runner, but these kind are very damn rare ... since 90% lnd nao are hoppers ... they already forgot the gift being a LND , Run at high speed...

not a threat? yea right... they'd rather shoot something else than something fast like you Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 Pbucket
well... the problem , barely any nonRt weapon really threat without proper tuning... you might goin need get something nasty from garapon...

and about better burner... have you try long burner ? it arcantus / mission drops... well... like i state above , if you want something ouch, you goin need Rt

@FireKiller87 wrote:

3) Tuning is not expensive: A Great~ tune costs...idk say 1500 UC, plus a 10% harmonics is 1000 UC. Multiple tunes become very expensive though, as every tune after the first successful one has a 10% less base chance of succeeding(so if you did a Great Run Alpha tune(65% chance, yes?), the next Great Run Alpha tune will have a base % success rate of 55%.

not expensive in UC, but grindin for material can be very damn pain ... especialy they still not let use do bazaar in EN, make us must look for ourself if need tune material
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:31 am

This made me think about trying dual burner moving burst on my Zero Saber Girl

O _ O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:38 pm

@UncleBobbie wrote:

O _ O

Ugly. Dual Burner = lose to anything with more range than you, which includes everything from Machine Guns to melee weapons.
I could put a Metal Slayer to ZSG's gigantic bust and you could probably do nothing about it unless you're good with Zero Step.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(´・ω・`)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
(´・ω・`)

Male Posts : 260

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

@UncleBobbie wrote:

burner stun builds are dead go away
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:08 pm

@UncleBobbie wrote:

O _ O
ZeroStep would be completely useless if your using her as a gunner. Use Photon Saber or Kamui Staff and any shield to utilize her melee capabilities more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:49 pm

While I agree with you sticky, I can't help but say some people just prefer playing ZSG as a gunner. I was first intrigued by that sort of concept, then moved it to my Renny where it was more appropriate. But not everyone makes that next step.

Also, I advise against dual burners as well. The only thing that should be carrying a burner would be a fat art, and that would be for defensive purposes only... And for a few melee builds as well....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:24 pm

@StickyKeys wrote:
@UncleBobbie wrote:

O _ O
ZeroStep would be completely useless if your using her as a gunner. Use Photon Saber or Kamui Staff and any shield to utilize her melee capabilities more.

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 Haha_oh_wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:44 pm

@StickyKeys wrote:
@UncleBobbie wrote:

O _ O
Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 Haha_oh_wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:49 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
The GunRunner setup is working surprisingly well after swapping one of the Armor Breaker rifles for a Burner(hope to get a better Burner someday)...it's a very stable platform for sniper fire, even at a full run...it's still no match for kitted-out bots and pretty much any air, though, heh. :)

The other bot is proving trickier to work with...tried swapping out the arms for Misside arms(and dropped the Cacpetus Hd for a Destructor one)...offers me more offensive options, but I took a hit to wlk to do it...should I stay with that?

In either condition, I'm still little threat for higher-level bots...but I -am- more annoying now, so I guess it's progress...but I'd like to be able to train/practice against lower-level bots I'd actually have a chance against...too bad the Lv 5 rooms are so empty nowadays.... :no:

Don't stay with misside arms. Use Accelsaber.

For the gunrunner, you may-or-may-not want to pick up Sway. Yes, I advertise it a lot.

It's effective enough since you have 30+walk on it.

Alternatively, since it's an accel saber BD, the mainstream short boost+boost run+ quick landing (? you may have to use a level 5 limit remover to get Quick Landing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:50 pm

idk... it not something for laugh i think ... everyone have their own playstyle... maybe before lop sister comes, someone out there doing Zero Gunner Girl with 40 wlk and 40 tec and 2 big guns...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:06 am

@Courius wrote:
idk... it not something for laugh i think ... everyone have their own playstyle... maybe before lop sister comes, someone out there doing Zero Gunner Girl with 40 wlk and 40 tec and 2 big guns...
There were. ZSG was the go-to sway gunner before Renny came out. What I'm laughing at is what's bolded - thinking zero step is useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:37 am

heh... zero step is epic rushing / escape technique... same with lag-kuns BD Tackle or Mecha Jetter / MJG Jet Strike... im even put Mecha Jetter LG on Sturbanger just for run away hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
boytitan2

Male Posts : 8634

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:42 am

@CapeMike wrote:
I genrally tend to play larger bots, so the Hoverion, despite being a medium, -feels- like a small to me...and that always makes me a bit uneasy, heh...but the small hitbox means that if I ever learn how to dodge effectively.... Very Happy

Does the Internal Upgrade cart affect ammo count or anything else about said weapon?

u my friend need to learn how to use amateus who can pack more fire power than any art aside from albatross and bazz toybox and genbu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:51 am

he already said UC bots isnt it? and Amateus is Rt...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:57 am

I -have- a few Rt bots(Pulsardio, Bugsy, Hatigarm, and Ghost Raider, notably), but that's all come from surveys and/or lucky cubes.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:20 am

@Courius wrote:

Boytitan doesn't read,you should know that by now
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
boytitan2

Male Posts : 8634

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:24 am

@Nisa wrote:
@Courius wrote:

Boytitan doesn't read,you should know that by now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Really been struggling lately.... :\
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com