Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Really been struggling lately.... :\

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:05 pm

If you got your promotional Maril like I did, and bought yourself a Shop maril (which isnt a bad investment, as now you have two great AM's, and two great BS's to use)

Lack of Maril AM's can be accounted for buildwise, such as picking AM's with TGH instead with albeit more fly tunes. If you need help build or playstylewise, feel free to ask a more arena oriented player to spectate you and point out some things that may be causing your downfall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Note: Going full WLK without using a ground mobility cart(Sway is the biggest, the others are usually dual-mobile stat dependent) is usually a really bad idea.

I would either go with Trill and make your Pulsardio FLY-based or grab Boost Run(remember, BR is also FLY dependent, so keep your FLY up!). The problem with going FLY-based Dio is that SUP, like LND, only has 3 seconds of airtime. Nicole basically neuters your mobility completely, which is a problem since Dio is usually deployed near or on the front lines of combat unless the user is just spamming Dio Missiles and you're sure to encounter a large number of Nicoles.

Therefore...Boost Run. Sway is actually a much, much better option if you can get it on Pulsy, mostly because it 1)gives split-sec invinciframes and 2)is the ONLY mobility cart that isn't reliant on your Boost gauge, not to mention Sway is only WLK-dependent; the others require you to balance between overtuning WLK and tanking FLY. Short Boost is your next best option as the gauge drain is minimal per hop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 pm

I must be counting fast, but I'm getting more than 3 seconds on fly. Fly also has several unmentioned benefits:

1. Out of reach from rushing lands (most lands have 1-10 fly, making them unable to reach high ledges, making your only real problem people with guns.)

2. Ability to move around nimbly on high ledges (think of hopping around from pillar to pillar on Wide Relic Temple and such)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:24 pm

I'll have to keep it all in mind....

I'd gone with the promo Katana Max Gold; perhaps not the best choice, but it's still useful!

As I mentioned, the only 2 mobility carts Pulsardio can get are Sway and Boost Run...it isn't much of a flier as I recall, so Sway may be a better option when/if I get another cart reset item.

It's still at lv 9 right now, with a Capa Increase x5, Beam Guard, Sword Guard, Broad Radar...I'll have to update you when I remember what the last cart is, heh...posting from work before I get started...and with only 2 days left before this temp contract is up, it's something ELSE for me to be worried about! :\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:40 pm

@Trill wrote:
I must be counting fast, but I'm getting more than 3 seconds on fly.

You must be.

Land/Sup/Art/Air

3/3/4/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
I'll have to keep it all in mind....

I'd gone with the promo Katana Max Gold; perhaps not the best choice, but it's still useful!

As I mentioned, the only 2 mobility carts Pulsardio can get are Sway and Boost Run...it isn't much of a flier as I recall, so Sway may be a better option when/if I get another cart reset item.

It's still at lv 9 right now, with a Capa Increase x5, Beam Guard, Sword Guard, Broad Radar...I'll have to update you when I remember what the last cart is, heh...posting from work before I get started...and with only 2 days left before this temp contract is up, it's something ELSE for me to be worried about! :\

If you decide to go FLY on your Pulsardio, I would get Boost Run, and balance out WLK with FLY to get a high speed tier(OJ or better, remember though that the WLK breakpoints have shifted higher).

If you run full WLK and almost tank FLY, run Sway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:52 pm

Here's a look at Pulsycait-02.5 as of yesterday....

Tough Runner has already paid for itself a few times, actually giving me just enough reaction time to fend off TWO Ivis attacking me...; an ally showed up just after I'd Bugsy-arm shocked both and they decided to look elsewhere for a target! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
Here's a look at Pulsycait-02.5 as of yesterday....

Tough Runner has already paid for itself a few times, actually giving me just enough reaction time to fend off TWO Ivis attacking me...; an ally showed up just after I'd Bugsy-arm shocked both and they decided to look elsewhere for a target! Very Happy

That's because when you run, Tough Runner roughly doubles your TGH value(Suguri told me this O_o).
With WLK/FLY stats like that...right now, Boost Run looks like the better option, unless you tank all that FLY and go Sway. Up your TEC a bit more...I guess. After that, tune mobility and possibly more TGH to amplify Tough Runner's effects. Remember, SUP only has 3 seconds of flight(I think it was 7 seconds doing Boost Run).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:35 pm

The bot was never meant to be very mobile, as my already questionable aim at short range gets even worse at speed...the lone exception is my gun-runner bot I'm still toying with(35wlk and equipped with Boost Run)...so yeah, I tend to do better with slower bots, but for this one, I'll try to tune it's wlk to 23, then put the rest into tgh and tec.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:40 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
The bot was never meant to be very mobile, as my already questionable aim at short range gets even worse at speed...the lone exception is my gun-runner bot I'm still toying with(35wlk and equipped with Boost Run)...so yeah, I tend to do better with slower bots, but for this one, I'll try to tune it's wlk to 23, then put the rest into tgh and tec.... Smile

Actually, the speed I suggested is more for retreating than for engaging in combat. Your pulsardio, with those admittedly subpar power stats, doesn't look made for the front lines. However, I would certainly try to amplify the TGH effects and definitely get that TEC up a bit more. Also try to get Boost Run or Sway, and maintain your good mobility stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Those legs are so huge... Those things increase your hitbox (which makes getting out of melee combos all the harder) and arent worth the minimal extra walk they give from things such as Cyberoid LG, Mach Knight LG, Katana Max, or ect.

I've never really explored deeply into Pulsardio gamplay, but I do know this: Size is important on any bot.

I took a screenshot just to compare your stats with the stats of my untuned Pulsardio (Note that the stats on the two of these are very remotely different (such as 1 more str on gamma than on standard, and one less tough on gamma than standard):

Spoiler:

As you can see, I've gotten very comparable wlk/fly stats, meaning at that point you can go either way: WLK or FLY based build with minimal concerns for having too low of fly or wlk. A TGH ratio comparable to his size is present, but if it irks you, feel free to adjust accordingly.

And also; Maybe I'm underestingmating the TGH values of each of those parts, but 25 tgh with three tunes leads me to believe you did Great tunes, which I'd have to punch you for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:08 pm

The EIW are no good?

And can't you use Mach Knight HD2? (I don't remember the type range of it)
It seems to be a good part for boost run builds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm

This is the part where I point out the HP difference between your builds.

Unless Pulsy's shoulder cannon doesn't have a hitbox, he'll have bulk to him no matter what. Snail LG at least keeps you closer to the ground than most high HP legs.

Also, there are several perks to having a larger healer bot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:16 pm

I have a Pusardio, and I find the EIW makes hitting stuff at long range much easier. The speed goes up nicely, and the homing seems much better. With no EIW, it would fire like a normal missile and just curve a bit. With 2x, it actually sways back and forth with the target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:17 pm

@Trill wrote:
Those legs are so huge...
As a defensive player with a defensive bot. Size honestly doesn't matter. You'll have to focus more on surviving. As with backup, taking 80 damage won't be as bothersome if you have 505 to start with, compared to 390.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:18 pm

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
The EIW are no good?

And can't you use Mach Knight HD2? (I don't remember the type range of it)
It seems to be a good part for boost run builds.
I was going to ask about the lack of internals, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 pm

I have none of his capacity carts, first of all. So tack on 50 more HP (10 per capa cart, 5 capa carts in his build) to get a more comparable number. 10 more from the difference in HP from Victory and Bugsycait puts him at 450 HP. A loss of 55 HP seems worth it for the total size decrease. Its not like he's tuned his LG's either, so he wouldnt lose any tuning...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Still considering options, and will hopefully act on it by this weekend.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:09 am

@Trill wrote:
I have none of his capacity carts, first of all. So tack on 50 more HP (10 per capa cart, 5 capa carts in his build) to get a more comparable number. 10 more from the difference in HP from Victory and Bugsycait puts him at 450 HP. A loss of 55 HP seems worth it for the total size decrease. Its not like he's tuned his LG's either, so he wouldnt lose any tuning...

I'd have to disagree here. I haven't used a Pulsardio in the metagame yet, but it certainly seems as if Pulsardio isn't built for front-line combat. There's his gigantic shoulder EMP cannon, for one, which makes any Pulsy a gigantic f**king target. You're not likely to be in the thick of combat, so size matters less for a Pulsardio user than for front-line combat bots. I would certainly go with +HP over -Size, especially on a bot that likely won't be exposed to excessive enemy fire(unless your team completely collapses, but that doesn't happen as often as it used to).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:12 am

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@Trill wrote:

I'd have to disagree here. I haven't used a Pulsardio in the metagame yet, but it certainly seems as if Pulsardio isn't built for front-line combat. There's his gigantic shoulder EMP cannon, for one, which makes any Pulsy a gigantic f**king target. You're not likely to be in the thick of combat, so size matters less for a Pulsardio user than for front-line combat bots. I would certainly go with +HP over -Size, especially on a bot that likely won't be exposed to excessive enemy fire(unless your team completely collapses, but that doesn't happen as often as it used to).

As I mentioned in my guide in the Support section(go read it!), the Pulsardio is -NOT- meant for front-line combat; it's large size and relative lack of mobility/mobility options, along with the nature of it's Bd weapon, relegate it to a rear-line Defensive role; typically, Hp, tgh, and tec(or str if you have a Bugsy shock-shield arm like mine) are your main concerns...; yeah, it's gonna draw melee-happy bots like flies to rotten natto, but if you've played your role with it properly, that melee bot's gonna have ZERO art fire to back it up if there are any Pulsy allies nearby...yes, teamwork is important in CB...doubly so with Pulsardio...it needs teammates to survive, and in return, Pulsy will ensure that those pesky arts(and slower airs) won't cause -you- any issues, so it fits perfectly into my 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' playstyle! Smile

...or, as another guide out there so accurately puts it; 'With Pulsardio, Airs have NO fear.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   

Back to top Go down

Really been struggling lately.... :\
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com