Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Really been struggling lately.... :\

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:43 am

Handy Machinegun really is garbage, though.

Actually, I'd go as far as saying that any machinegun that isn't double beam machinegun isn't really worth using (some people would argue drum is good though).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:47 am

@Suguri wrote:

Actually, I'd go as far as saying that any machinegun that isn't double beam machinegun isn't really worth using (some people would argue drum is good though).

I didn't really have a choice, given the capa limit at the time...and I was NOT going out without a ranged weapon...I'll figure something once I drop the Staff...not easy for me to alternate 2 accts! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:03 am

...as of late, I've also noticed that the Device Breaker rifle I've got on a small/medium art bot has a rather high rate of forcing air bots to the ground on impact...it's been fun to use, and now I just have to decide how to tune it.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 pm

@Suguri wrote:

drum machine gun is good.
with 3 great reach.

@CapeMike wrote:
...as of late, I've also noticed that the Device Breaker rifle I've got on a small/medium art bot has a rather high rate of forcing air bots to the ground on impact...it's been fun to use, and now I just have to decide how to tune it.... Twisted Evil
i tuned mine for 1 force and 1 high shooter. mine ish double slotted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 pm

If Device Breaker's your primary, either make sure you have Shell Supplies handy at all times or tune it for Great Supply.

Force, (High) Air Force(ammo + either range or speed, dunno), or (High) Shooter are also good choices if you can afford the capacity. The High doubletunes are quite pricey though(45 cost holy motherfucker) so make sure you can compensate. Great Supply is...either 20 or 30 cost, and Great Forces are 20 cost.

Breakers are 80% Shell 20% Explosive iirc, so they tend to do slightly increased damage on targeted Airs. Thus a slightly higher rate of stun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:03 am

Also, I'm finally poking around on a DOS-based alt acct.... Wink

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 Lazzyc10

Just an experiment in curiosity!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:11 am

Another update...a Challenge Cube Alpha coughed up a 2s Hound Dog...I know it has good melee arms...now, what to do with this big boy...still no good with short boost, so I'd rather avoid using it if possible! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 am

Just remember that parts can be detached; just because they're Hound Dog AMs doesn't mean Hound Dog has to be using them. They're pretty good, I couldn't exactly say what you should use them with given the UC options and I'm too tired to think too hard. q_q I just tend to use them as a Squealer Fist substitute when combo'ing melee now and again.

Also, please try not to double-post. xD;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Just wasn't going well for me yesterday.... Sad

Being a rather large, bulky Support tends to draw a lotta fire, I suppose, but it gets depressing sometimes being what amounts to a free-kill; guess I need to consider either getting one of those cart reset items or learn to do something else, eh?

To paraphrase something I said yesterday in game, 'it'd be nice to have someone scared of -me-, sometime....'

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:01 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
Just wasn't going well for me yesterday.... Sad

Being a rather large, bulky Support tends to draw a lotta fire, I suppose, but it gets depressing sometimes being what amounts to a free-kill; guess I need to consider either getting one of those cart reset items or learn to do something else, eh?

To paraphrase something I said yesterday in game, 'it'd be nice to have someone scared of -me-, sometime....'

Crying or Very sad

Don't be a fatass Support, you'll die very easily.
If you don't want to be a free kill, do longrange Artillery(mobility plz), Seraph, or speedy Land.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:07 pm

What large support are you playing? Just remember that just because a bot is L doesn't mean you need to build it like an L too with parts, sizing down your bot is a good thing and some L supports are fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm

I'd bet money he's talking about Pulsardio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:39 pm

@Kitouski wrote:
What large support are you playing? Just remember that just because a bot is L doesn't mean you need to build it like an L too with parts, sizing down your bot is a good thing and some L supports are fine.

It's my Pulsardio/Bugsycait hybrid; built primarily for defensive support(Beam/Sword Guard, Boost Run, Broad Radar and Capa upgrade x5) seen here:

Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 Hangin10

Recently swapped that Handy Bazooka Mod(from Summer Misty) onto it, opening up a lot of capacity, too! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 pm

I got pulsardio from cube, but I don't have bugsy so I must relly on my friends too keep me save, too bad there is not that much something which can be called as "friends" in arena CB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:42 am

Nymph makes a good point...Pulsardios, as they are, aren't very effective at short range, and -really- need help to stay alive, often necessitating other bot parts(-especially- Bugsycait) to do well in pvp....

I feel your pain, Nymph...don't give up! Smile

On a brighter note, today for me was much better in the arena, including one definite 'Crowning Moment of Awesome' on a Wide Glacier map....

Near the end of the match, and 1-2 kills on either side would be game over; I'm parked at the PS in my 'EMP anything that moves and isn't on my team' mode when I see a weakened ally(DOS, from EFB[?] clan, can't remember his name off the top of my head) heading for the PS like a bat outta hell with a Crim in hot pursuit; I pop my Repair Bit early, and lob a few handy' zooka mod rounds at the Crim to distract her; the teammate scrunches right up to me as the Crim flies overhead and starts to wheel around for a better shot; without even thinking about it(that rare 'angry' mood I get), I re-position myself directly between my ally and the Crim and spam the bajeezus out of my Bugsy Am2(shock-shield), absorbing a few shots, and buying 2 more teammates just enough time to arrive blast her out of the sky! Very Happy

I heal all 3 teammates and comment, 'Whew that was a close one.' with the original teammate replying 'yeah, thanks for the save.'

Did my heart so much good to have a moment like that go in my favor...plus we won. cheers

...you know, maybe that's my problem...I -think- too much about the battle, rather than just battling...still be more effective if I could defend myself better, though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:31 am

@CapeMike wrote:
Nymph makes a good point...Pulsardios, as they are, aren't very effective at short range, and -really- need help to stay alive, often necessitating other bot parts(-especially- Bugsycait) to do well in pvp....

I feel your pain, Nymph...don't give up! Smile

On a brighter note, today for me was much better in the arena, including one definite 'Crowning Moment of Awesome' on a Wide Glacier map....

Near the end of the match, and 1-2 kills on either side would be game over; I'm parked at the PS in my 'EMP anything that moves and isn't on my team' mode when I see a weakened ally(DOS, from EFB[?] clan, can't remember his name off the top of my head) heading for the PS like a bat outta hell with a Crim in hot pursuit; I pop my Repair Bit early, and lob a few handy' zooka mod rounds at the Crim to distract her; the teammate scrunches right up to me as the Crim flies overhead and starts to wheel around for a better shot; without even thinking about it(that rare 'angry' mood I get), I re-position myself directly between my ally and the Crim and spam the bajeezus out of my Bugsy Am2(shock-shield), absorbing a few shots, and buying 2 more teammates just enough time to arrive blast her out of the sky! Very Happy

I heal all 3 teammates and comment, 'Whew that was a close one.' with the original teammate replying 'yeah, thanks for the save.'

Did my heart so much good to have a moment like that go in my favor...plus we won. cheers

...you know, maybe that's my problem...I -think- too much about the battle, rather than just battling...still be more effective if I could defend myself better, though!
Say mike,
Why haven't you tried building a bugsy with that handy zooka mod?
I mean just try it,it could permanently change your play style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:49 pm

I -could- do that, Broken...I still have all the parts available, except the shock-shield, which is permanently set onto the Pulsy/Bugsy hybrid...I'd have to buy(or luck into) another Bugsy to do it...and I -am- getting 50rt soon, thanks to the fanvid contest, but I've been eyeing a Saggi maxis with that...hmm....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Not like you use his stock parts anyways.

The shock sheild AM is really only a luxury.

Cant whip up a build at the moment, nor am I familiar with bugsy, so idk D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:02 am

@CapeMike wrote:
I -could- do that, Broken...I still have all the parts available, except the shock-shield, which is permanently set onto the Pulsy/Bugsy hybrid...I'd have to buy(or luck into) another Bugsy to do it...and I -am- getting 50rt soon, thanks to the fanvid contest, but I've been eyeing a Saggi maxis with that...hmm....
Try just using the core with a buckler and a handy zooka.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:22 am

@Broken wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:

I suppose that could work...I have several 3s Handy Bazookas, thanks to the Super UC Gara...I won't have to Short Boost, will I? I -SUCK- at it.... <_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:37 am

@CapeMike wrote:
@Broken wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:

I suppose that could work...I have several 3s Handy Bazookas, thanks to the Super UC Gara...I won't have to Short Boost, will I? I -SUCK- at it.... <_<

It's gonna be a hopping bugsy D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:59 am

@ziix wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:
@Broken wrote:

It's gonna be a hopping bugsy D:

D'oh! I still haven't gained any real grasp on the mechanics behind Short Boost-ing, aside from the fact that it REALLY screws my aim up! Suspect

Guess it'd be a good way to learn, though!

=edit=

Took my new Hound Dog into some lv 5 rooms, and with a Handy 'zook/Viper Shield, it's actually not bad; scored a melee kill with it against an Ouka that had been backed into a corner and was trying to get out...yay me! Smile

=edit again=

Still running around on my DOS acct. and was doing pretty good right up until I hit the Triangle rooms(bye-bye, circle rooms)...; then I start struggling all over again....

I'm just plain missing something(on my main) when a triangle-Jikun nearly solos me(saved thanks to the timely arrival of an ally) from full hp on my Pulsycait...I should -really- learn something different, but it's just so -frustrating-! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Somedays I get lucky and somedays, I just don't....

Scored a Cart Reset All item last week and promptly used it on Pulsycait; with a few parts shuffles as well and a couple of tunes, I've gotten it up to 24-25 tgh, which sure helps, but does little to help what I think it's the Bd part's biggest weakness, it's lack of movement carts.

It only has Sway and Boost Run, and as I dropped the latter(while never having the former), movement is a bit smoother, but I'm still a very large target, especially for mid-to-short range gunners! Sad

I'd love to be able to effectively defend myself, but getting picked apart by a Laz using only some type of Magnum and Slayer WBs is horribly depressing(at least I managed to put up -some- kind of fight)...and I wasn't even near the front lines this time, either!

Maybe it's just all the stress I'm going through right now, what with going back home to the States soon and not knowing when I'll be able to play regularly again....

There's GOT to be something else I can either do to make my main bot more viable in 1 on 1 situations...or to learn anything else here that doesn't involve the metagame(I HATE 'going with the flow').... #em6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Honestly, have you ever just tried making him fly based?

I dislike walk on my arts, and Pulsy feels like more of an art to me.

My toybox has boost run only , yet am still making him fly based.

Fly should be your first priority if so, and then tgh should be. Minimize your size; as corny as that sounds. Dont use snail LG's. While they initially give good stats, they make you a honking big fat target.

【Robot Name】
Pulsardio

【Robot Name】
Pulsardio

【Parts】
BD: Pulsardio BD
 : Auto Gun Bit(default)
 : Katana Max LG [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
 : Mach Knight HD2 [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
  : Sunflower
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings
 : Cyberoid BS [High Boost Alpha] [Boost]
 : Maril March AM
  : Handy Bazooka
 : Maril March AM
  : Gravity Gun

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 補
SIZE: L
COST: 1210
CAPA: 1265
HP: 460
STR: 13
TEC: 14
WLK: 5
FLY: 34
TGH: 16

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Enhance internal weapon×2
Tough Wonder Bit
Broad Radar
Accele Roll

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×7
Yellow Chip×70
Turbo Charger×68
Drum Magazine×49

This is pretty much what I plan to do on mine. Accel Roll for when you need to move now (AKA GTFO of a melee moshpit) regular flight for when moving isnt urgent.

You shouldnt be too huge with this setup, but if that 16 irks you, feel free to fill what slots/cost are left with TGH tunes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Wish I had some Maril arms...have to do something to account for size, while still allowing for the benefit I currently have of being able to heal the ps without jumping....

I'm sure I'll think of something!

...or luck into a bundle of UC for UC > Rt for another gara roll.... >_<;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Really been struggling lately....  :\ - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Really been struggling lately.... :\
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com