Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Really been struggling lately.... :\

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 am

@Nisa wrote:
@knyx wrote:
If you magically have a 40 TGH Ivis you can take it. All the damage is reduced to 1s and you have no stun. Or a stun regain Jham/Dae AM2 Dae works as well.

I have 24 or so tgh,I can survive an entire powerspot barrage for about 15 seconds
I don't think you know how long 15 seconds is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Working on the early parts of the Pulsardio guide...hopefully it'll informative -and- entertaining! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:36 pm

@Courius wrote:
@knyx wrote:
If you magically have a 40 TGH Ivis you can take it. All the damage is reduced to 1s and you have no stun. Or a stun regain Jham/Dae AM2 Dae works as well.

why not 40 tgh Byne Parted M/L Size LND bot?? ram the pilebunker to their face , like a boss

Only if that bot has stun regain to feed off of the stunlock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:20 am

Hate to feel like necro-ing, but....

On my alt account earlier today, and on the map with the tiny islands and huge gaps in the middle(name?), I'm forced to pull out my Byne w/Kamui Staff...amazingly, I manage to island-hop across on the right-side without being noticed, and catch 2 or 3 'bots flat-footed under the PS! Exclamation

Wailed on them with the Staff and Pile Bunker AMs...while I didn't kill any of them, I managed to deal out about 430 melee damage before they got me...I think I combo'd one of them for around 110...not bad for me.

...now, if I could just do that more consistently...or learn to sneak around.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:44 am

Somedays, it just doesn't pay to get out there! No

Was getting eaten alive by diamond-ranks, and, despite my new Summer Misty, I -still- can't bring myself to get into melee range unless I'm backed into a proverbial corner....

...that, and my BR is below 4.3 now...one'a these days, I'll learn...maybe? Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:48 am

Maybe you should try a fencer o3o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

I think I've mentioned it before, but...Misty really isn't cut out for melee.

I'm not really sure what I'd recommend otherwise, though.

Have you tried spectating other melee players and/or looking up melee player videos? Observing proper melee tactics may help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:32 am

@Suguri wrote:
I think I've mentioned it before, but...Misty really isn't cut out for melee.

I'm not really sure what I'd recommend otherwise, though.

Have you tried spectating other melee players and/or looking up melee player videos? Observing proper melee tactics may help.

Yeah, you mentioned Misty being a 'meh' melee bot. Smile

I've had some sucess with a Handy 'zook and dual rifle bits on her, popping her mist as an 'oh crap' option against arts....

I've been watching other melee players too, and it still amazes me...; I've somehow developed an outright fear of closing to melee range...mostly out of looking even worse than I am.

....-except- on the rare occasion I get worked into an actual frenzy over seeing teammates getting whacked...and the only two times I can remember that happening, it was...messy...the 1st, in my Katana Max Gold, resulted in 3 melee kills for me inside 12 seconds of each other and the second(Shino/Squealer hybrid) was 2 quick kills in about 4 seconds.

Guess I don't really have a killer instinct needed for melee-work...unless such as thing as a -defensive- melee 'bot exists...something that would allow me to hang back and watch the arts, etc.... Ideas?

Oh, and Rt is still a rare thing for me.... tongue

Oh yeah, if it helps any...a look at my most costly bots....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 am

@CapeMike wrote:
Somedays, it just doesn't pay to get out there! No

Was getting eaten alive by diamond-ranks, and, despite my new Summer Misty, I -still- can't bring myself to get into melee range unless I'm backed into a proverbial corner....

...that, and my BR is below 4.3 now...one'a these days, I'll learn...maybe? Question

Summer misty is a quick swim/darkmist shooter shark. Don't melee with her it won't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

^This.

Honestly it seems your fears on getting in close with melee might have just issues of "if I go in there, I'M GOING TO BE SPAMMED TO DEATH BY ____." So why not get a LND bot with broad radar to fix that? You could go after bots that are alone on the minimap, practice assassin techniques...etc.

A clannie of mine I believe used to use a melee bugsy? It worked out fairly well for him too. But he's small so he has to stick to a kamui staff...

Apart from that I don't recall which non RT bots have BR associated with them.. Gotta think a bit more on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:28 am

@ngelicdark wrote:
^This.

Honestly it seems your fears on getting in close with melee might have just issues of "if I go in there, I'M GOING TO BE SPAMMED TO DEATH BY ____." So why not get a LND bot with broad radar to fix that? You could go after bots that are alone on the minimap, practice assassin techniques...etc.

A clannie of mine I believe used to use a melee bugsy? It worked out fairly well for him too. But he's small so he has to stick to a kamui staff...

Apart from that I don't recall which non RT bots have BR associated with them.. Gotta think a bit more on that.

Cosmo kaiser and tess come to mind, I'm sure others have it at higher levels but these get it at 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:30 pm

@knyx wrote:
@ngelicdark wrote:
^This.

Cosmo kaiser and tess come to mind, I'm sure others have it at higher levels but these get it at 1.

Hmm...I actually have a nearly untouched Tesladonna, I believe...no Cosmo yet...pretty uc costly as I recall! Guess I should try and save for it? Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:45 pm

If your bugsy already has movement carts associated with it (say boost run or something or other) with broad radar, there's no reason why u should't just swap parts around and give it a melee build for a test run. If you like that whole thing, you can decide on kaiser. IIRC Kaiser himself is an understated core..but I don't remember too much.

I also think I got a kaiser out of lotto box...he might also be there =S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 pm

@ngelicdark wrote:
If your bugsy already has movement carts associated with it (say boost run or something or other) with broad radar, there's no reason why u should't just swap parts around and give it a melee build for a test run. If you like that whole thing, you can decide on kaiser. IIRC Kaiser himself is an understated core..but I don't remember too much.

I also think I got a kaiser out of lotto box...he might also be there =S

I still have all the other Bugsy parts(the shock-shield is permanently mated to the Pulsardio core...it isn't going anywhere!) available and they really haven't been used...it's worth a though, I suppose....

I'll look into Kaiser as well...does he get stealth too?

Note that if the vid I helped with in the fanvid competition wins, I stand to get 500rt out of it...even if we don't, I'll end up with some nice rt out of the whole thing...and yes, there WILL be a shopping spree.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:12 pm

If RT is something you can has, then you could try for BB or try rolling weekly when they have another L melee bonanza like the one a month ago *drools*. Other than that..I'm not sure what else there is you could go for...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:04 am

Had a slow start today, then it picked up later...a few lucky Gara rolls handed me a Device Breaker and Tonosama Lander...already have the latter to lv 3 and with Short Boost...SB is still a new thing for me and I haven't quite figured out how to properly control it.... Smile

...also, I -finally- have Broad Radar on my Pulsardio/Bugsy! makes it SO much easier to spy on sneaky melee bots and spot incoming airs for my side!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Update time again!

Broad Radar + EMP Missles = Oh, hai there arts...no boom-boom for you! What a Face

Sadly, my melee ability hasn't been as lucky...; my alt account's Byne w/Kamui staff(and a handy machinegun) lost to a nearly stock 'Berll -solo-, with a medium art coming in to help at the very end...I still wouldnt've won even if he hadn't shown! Sad

So we now know that even Byne(manly as he is) can't help me win there...which proves that I'm beyond help at taking the direct approach at melee...so what now? Most stealth-capable melee bots are Rt, unless I'm mistaken...help? confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:47 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
Update time again!

Broad Radar + EMP Missles = Oh, hai there arts...no boom-boom for you! What a Face

Sadly, my melee ability hasn't been as lucky...; my alt account's Byne w/Kamui staff(and a handy machinegun) lost to a nearly stock 'Berll -solo-, with a medium art coming in to help at the very end...I still wouldnt've won even if he hadn't shown! Sad

So we now know that even Byne(manly as he is) can't help me win there...which proves that I'm beyond help at taking the direct approach at melee...so what now? Most stealth-capable melee bots are Rt, unless I'm mistaken...help? confused

Kamui staff doesn't combo well with pilebunker Byne arms. You're not supposed to melee a Winberrl anyway!

Try picking off lone arts for a few seconds before fleeing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 pm

@Glass wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:
Update time again!

Kamui staff doesn't combo well with pilebunker Byne arms. You're not supposed to melee a Winberrl anyway!

Try picking off lone arts for a few seconds before fleeing.

Yeah...but on the ocassion when it DOES combo...-pain-! Smile

I also seem to not pick my targets very well...as I've mentioned before, I don't do close-in well...some more lessons from friends will help there, I suppose!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Try to approach the enemie's blind spot. The sides, from behind. Make sure noone has targetted you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
But 160 cost and -2 wlks worth of the occasion?

I don't think it's you all so much as it is the poor build choices... not trying to be offensive really, but Mighty Byne was never known for moving fast without the tunes, now he's slower, large and obvious and uses strong but slow melee to combo off with a weapon that feels better suited on something like an S Sized bot.

The build is just as important as how you play. Attacking from a blindspot or behind doesn't matter if you're a 15 wlk Mighty Byne with hits the speed of Pilebunkers. What sort of melee bots do you use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Most of my bots are also large...sneaking isn't easy with those, and the only 2 stealth-equipped bots I have are a Sup and Air(Ghost Raider with Stealth/Sniper/Quick Jump)...neither of which are equipped for melee-combat, heh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:17 pm

@Kitouski wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:
But 160 cost and -2 wlks worth of the occasion?

I don't think it's you all so much as it is the poor build choices... not trying to be offensive really, but Mighty Byne was never known for moving fast without the tunes, now he's slower, large and obvious and uses strong but slow melee to combo off with a weapon that feels better suited on something like an S Sized bot.

The build is just as important as how you play. Attacking from a blindspot or behind doesn't matter if you're a 15 wlk Mighty Byne with hits the speed of Pilebunkers. What sort of melee bots do you use?

Aside from Byne(alt acct.), the only melee bots I have are various hodge-podges of UC parts...someone suggested using the 2s Katana Max I got from a cube and giving it an Orge Sword, which I have...now, how to tune this thing...short boost and I do NOT get along well, so that's right out.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Do you spend much in the way of RT on the game? A few of the swords aren't too bad. If you're pretty restricted to UC some of the easiest melee techniques I know is either Squealer Fists or Squealer Fist combo'ing, were you use a single Squealer Fist and combo something like Orgesword or Broadsword off of it. You get the tracking, pulling punch of the Squealer hit, and the 50% extra damage swing from the sword when you're in the enemies face.

Also, one mistake people make too often is that melee = no gun. This isn't entirely true. While with something like the Squealer+Sword combo has good enough homing in to were a Viper Shield would be just fine, if you're playing something like a Jikun with weak but efficient melee, there's no shame in getting an anti-gunner's gun... ermm... if that makes sense. It's just silliness if an AIR is circling you and you jump up and down trying to hit it and failing, it's either better to retreat, or shoot back if you can.

Also, I might note that when I say shoot back, you shouldn't ever use a gun with a range slightly better then your melee. I know you use a Machinegun on your Mighty Byne and tbh that feels kinda silly... something with more range and accuracy or the ability to fend off certain enemies would serve you better, like a Rocket Launcher or Handy Zook for AIR, or an Accel Gun or Mag of some sort for everything else. This way you can fight long, mid and short range instead of short and barely midrange. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:28 am

@Kitouski wrote:
Do you spend much in the way of RT on the game? A few of the swords aren't too bad. If you're pretty restricted to UC some of the easiest melee techniques I know is either Squealer Fists or Squealer Fist combo'ing, were you use a single Squealer Fist and combo something like Orgesword or Broadsword off of it. You get the tracking, pulling punch of the Squealer hit, and the 50% extra damage swing from the sword when you're in the enemies face.

Also, one mistake people make too often is that melee = no gun. This isn't entirely true. While with something like the Squealer+Sword combo has good enough homing in to were a Viper Shield would be just fine, if you're playing something like a Jikun with weak but efficient melee, there's no shame in getting an anti-gunner's gun... ermm... if that makes sense. It's just silliness if an AIR is circling you and you jump up and down trying to hit it and failing, it's either better to retreat, or shoot back if you can.

Also, I might note that when I say shoot back, you shouldn't ever use a gun with a range slightly better then your melee. I know you use a Machinegun on your Mighty Byne and tbh that feels kinda silly... something with more range and accuracy or the ability to fend off certain enemies would serve you better, like a Rocket Launcher or Handy Zook for AIR, or an Accel Gun or Mag of some sort for everything else. This way you can fight long, mid and short range instead of short and barely midrange. Lol

Does the Ogre Sword have to go in the squealer arm?

Also, the handy machinegun is the only ranged weapon I could fit on the Byne while it's still using the Kamui staff...if I remove the staff, I can easily fit something better on...maybe even a shield....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   

Back to top Go down

Really been struggling lately.... :\
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com