Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Really been struggling lately.... :\

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:50 am

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:


Problem: Ivis can waltz straight through it.
She can waltz through it without getting stunned, then take awhile to realize that right click isn't working "for some reason".

IIRC you can still use ranged attacks while you're affected by shock. So she won't be completely neutered offensively.

That's very important to remember with Ivis...her survivability is much higher than Ouka/Vanguard if she's hit with a Bugsy-shield/tonfa...the key here, if you're on the receiving end, is to know when your melee options just took a siesta and run like a bat out of hell!

I've seen more than my share of Jikun's run head on into my Bugsy shield-arm, then stand there looking confused while they get torn to bits by my nearby teammates.... Very Happy

If your bot has one of said shield-arm or tonfa-arm, I'd personally suggest hiding that arm behind a Viper Shield...they'll never see it coming until it's WAY too late! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:44 am

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:


Problem: Ivis can waltz straight through it.
She can waltz through it without getting stunned, then take awhile to realize that right click isn't working "for some reason".

IIRC you can still use ranged attacks while you're affected by shock. So she won't be completely neutered offensively.
Assuming you are in fact running a gun on her instead of a shield or pom-pom, and didn't tune her tec to hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere flying

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:35 am

@CapeMike wrote:

If your bot has one of said shield-arm or tonfa-arm, I'd personally suggest hiding that arm behind a Viper Shield...they'll never see it coming until it's WAY too late! Twisted Evil

for some reason i find this true... my nicole use bugsy AM... and every weapon suddenly pointed at me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 am

@Courius wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:

If your bot has one of said shield-arm or tonfa-arm, I'd personally suggest hiding that arm behind a Viper Shield...they'll never see it coming until it's WAY too late! Twisted Evil

for some reason i find this true... my nicole use bugsy AM... and every weapon suddenly pointed at me

This is SO true...either Bugsy weapon-arm makes you a marked target! Exclamation

=edit=

Apologies again for not playing much lately...things have been a bit...rough here recently...but at least I've got a job...for 3 months....

Once I get home(likely in early/mid September), there's no telling when I'd have my own PC again...wish I could take this one with me, but the voltage difference...sigh....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Blowing FC Seraph out of my airspace

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:42 pm

@Courius wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:

If your bot has one of said shield-arm or tonfa-arm, I'd personally suggest hiding that arm behind a Viper Shield...they'll never see it coming until it's WAY too late! Twisted Evil

for some reason i find this true... my nicole use bugsy AM... and every weapon suddenly pointed at me

Basically:
-You partially neuter Airs without Propeller Bits/Seraph Wings/Shaden BS/something like that
-Deadeye is a bitch to punch through, and the only way to get around him if he's out is to strike Nicole from behind
-Bugsy AMs basically turn you into a mobile shield that 1)eats damage for other people and 2)neuters any melee(read: rushing idiot Jikuns) that's stupid enough to walk or run into it and doesn't have ranged.

So you basically become the biggest threat to the enemy team winning the game. They're gonna eat you alive.

@Suguri: I actually might not run a shield or pom on Ivis if I had one. Despite the shitload of damage I'd take without one, at least my attacks won't be limited to the reach of my sword(despite C.Veil, Ivis can still go down if you're spotted sneaking around or are sighted by an enemy ART battery, or get mobbed by Air). Plus it would make for a nice farming weapon, good for getting repairs due to the complete absence of decent medics these days. Unless, of course, I wanted to run a suicide build.
And hopefully I did leave 1+ TEC on her instead of going VF-style with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:01 am

...another note is that surprisingly few Bugsy users know that the shield-arm can also be used in a manner that has earned it the 'rofl-copter' nickname; simply jump or hop straight up and right-click(or right-click spam) and you get a horizontal shield that eats incoming air-bot fire or certain artillery fire(glares at SnailBot and Sturbanger), and can catch multiple ground units at VERY short range if they're not careful! Smile



Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:41 am

...man, every time I think I can't do any worse at melee, I have to dig myself a little bit deeper....

Out of frustration, I took my Shino/Squealer hybrid into a match...3/4 of the way into the match, I finally work up the nerve to rush the PS when I see 3 bots, including 1(admittedly small) Support and start swinging both Squealer arms....

Not a single swing landed and I got eaten alive before I could make a getaway...0 melee for the entire match. Sad

Until I either snag one of the supposedly 'easy mode' rt melee bots(glares daggers at Vanguard) or figure out what I'm doing wrong, I should really lay off melee for awhile, eh? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Blowing FC Seraph out of my airspace

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
...man, every time I think I can't do any worse at melee, I have to dig myself a little bit deeper....

Out of frustration, I took my Shino/Squealer hybrid into a match...3/4 of the way into the match, I finally work up the nerve to rush the PS when I see 3 bots, including 1(admittedly small) Support and start swinging both Squealer arms....

Not a single swing landed and I got eaten alive before I could make a getaway...0 melee for the entire match. Sad

Until I either snag one of the supposedly 'easy mode' rt melee bots(glares daggers at Vanguard) or figure out what I'm doing wrong, I should really lay off melee for awhile, eh? Crying or Very sad

I actually got a good tip for basic melee attacks from a clanmate: Unless you're going berserker(Jikun rush), suicide rush with TGH/shields, or are a Vanguard, you'll have to sneak around and be careful to avoid detection.
Even if you do get a Vanguard, you'll still have to sneak around to get in your attacks, because the second your VF is spotted, Airs will converge on you at every turn and eat you ALIVE.

Also, make sure you aim right. I've been practicing using a Hound Dog EXTREME, and more often than not I'm missing my Spartan kicks because I'm just not aiming properly, due to my general lack of manual skill thanks to the shitty autolock system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere flying

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:22 am

@CapeMike wrote:
...another note is that surprisingly few Bugsy users know that the shield-arm can also be used in a manner that has earned it the 'rofl-copter' nickname; simply jump or hop straight up and right-click(or right-click spam) and you get a horizontal shield that eats incoming air-bot fire or certain artillery fire(glares at SnailBot and Sturbanger), and can catch multiple ground units at VERY short range if they're not careful! Smile




based on Rei Advice, im trying use that to try neutralized some BUBBLE ...
no sub weapon = no bubble = big clumsy blimp crashed

but seems i still like just gattling it down ... easier... hehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Still here; connection's been iffy at best last few days...dunno how much I can play for awhile too.... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Posts : 3028
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 906

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Mike, roll an ivis, I won't believe that people can not be successful with a rightclick2win bot.

(As long as you don't get ate by AGs).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:15 pm

@knyx wrote:
Mike, roll an ivis, I won't believe that people can not be successful with a rightclick2win bot.

(As long as you don't get ate by AGs).

If I -had- any money, I might be tempted to, heh....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:28 am

Just outta curiosity, would anyone be interested in reading a Pulsardio/Pulsardio GAMMA guide?

I've been considering writing one in my spare time lately.... Question

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

Posts : 3452
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:50 am

@CapeMike wrote:
Just outta curiosity, would anyone be interested in reading a Pulsardio/Pulsardio GAMMA guide?

I've been considering writing one in my spare time lately.... Question

Cool

I wouldn't mind reading it. I've been considering about getting one myself. (I don't have any good SUPs D:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere flying

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:03 am

consider there's lot QQ , rant , flame , haet , and moer about SUP bot being Heal WONDERBAIT in front lines... we seriously need SUP guide , not only pulsaradio...

feelin there's one about it when BETA EN era... but after try some dig... i cant find it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2365
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 806
Location : ( ・_・)

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 am

Have anyone tried a float dashing sup? If not, I would. >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Posts : 3028
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 906

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:46 am

Float dash is god of all movement carts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 22
Location : Fantasy Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Whoah, whoah, whoah man! Has anyone pointed out something that melee users should know?

Never charge in head-first into a group!
If you do, you would EAT EVERY SINGLE BULLET, MISSILE, BEAM, AND SWORDS. And get extreme indigestion. And die.

You're better off picking on lone people, unless you magically have over 450 HP with some form of a good weapon and shield + good tgh and good str. And walk.

Even then, bumrushing has its own strategy! Sneak from behind, and strike them on their back! It deals more damage that way. During the time they're caught off-guard, continue your pummeling until they finally get their attention to you and flee!

Common sense is a wonderful thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Blowing FC Seraph out of my airspace

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:34 pm

@Glass wrote:
Whoah, whoah, whoah man! Has anyone pointed out something that melee users should know?

Never charge in head-first into a group!
If you do, you would EAT EVERY SINGLE BULLET, MISSILE, BEAM, AND SWORDS. And get extreme indigestion. And die.

You're better off picking on lone people, unless you magically have over 450 HP with some form of a good weapon and shield + good tgh and good str. And walk.


Even then, bumrushing has its own strategy! Sneak from behind, and strike them on their back! It deals more damage that way. During the time they're caught off-guard, continue your pummeling until they finally get their attention to you and flee!

Common sense is a wonderful thing!

You still won't live, even with +450 HP, shields, and high WLK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 22
Location : Fantasy Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:35 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@Glass wrote:
Whoah, whoah, whoah man! Has anyone pointed out something that melee users should know?

Never charge in head-first into a group!
If you do, you would EAT EVERY SINGLE BULLET, MISSILE, BEAM, AND SWORDS. And get extreme indigestion. And die.

You're better off picking on lone people, unless you magically have over 450 HP with some form of a good weapon and shield + good tgh and good str. And walk.


Even then, bumrushing has its own strategy! Sneak from behind, and strike them on their back! It deals more damage that way. During the time they're caught off-guard, continue your pummeling until they finally get their attention to you and flee!

Common sense is a wonderful thing!

You still won't live, even with +450 HP, shields, and high WLK.

That too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:05 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@Glass wrote:
Whoah, whoah, whoah man! Has anyone pointed out something that melee users should know?

Never charge in head-first into a group!
If you do, you would EAT EVERY SINGLE BULLET, MISSILE, BEAM, AND SWORDS. And get extreme indigestion. And die.

You're better off picking on lone people, unless you magically have over 450 HP with some form of a good weapon and shield + good tgh and good str. And walk.


Even then, bumrushing has its own strategy! Sneak from behind, and strike them on their back! It deals more damage that way. During the time they're caught off-guard, continue your pummeling until they finally get their attention to you and flee!

Common sense is a wonderful thing!

You still won't live, even with +450 HP, shields, and high WLK.

Actually,you can.

My daedalian is proof.

Run straight into the heart of the enemy's base at 36/40 wlk,get fking surrounded.

spam right click,occasionally turning to aim,and boosting to hit airs

Laugh as the fencers hit you for 20 damage and the Beamguns deal single digit damage (and you dont get stunlocked)

Laugh again as you watch your hp rise and fall as stun regain increases your durability even more.
Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Posts : 3028
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 906

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:07 pm

If you magically have a 40 TGH Ivis you can take it. All the damage is reduced to 1s and you have no stun. Or a stun regain Jham/Dae AM2 Dae works as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Ivis won't tank as well as anything else with CVeil tunes, though. All sources of CVeil aside from Ivis's self-buff also give All-Guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:09 pm

@knyx wrote:
If you magically have a 40 TGH Ivis you can take it. All the damage is reduced to 1s and you have no stun. Or a stun regain Jham/Dae AM2 Dae works as well.


I have 24 or so tgh,I can survive an entire powerspot barrage for about 15 seconds
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere flying

PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 am

@knyx wrote:
If you magically have a 40 TGH Ivis you can take it. All the damage is reduced to 1s and you have no stun. Or a stun regain Jham/Dae AM2 Dae works as well.


why not 40 tgh Byne Parted M/L Size LND bot?? ram the pilebunker to their face , like a boss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Really been struggling lately.... :\   

Back to top Go down
 
Really been struggling lately.... :\
Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com