Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 ADDICTION

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm

@reVelske wrote:

Again, in case my post was ignored, majority of the best minmaxing parts are actually UC, sure, some Rt bots' core actually offer better stats than the UC bots, but the difference is marginal and the bulk of the performance improvement lies at tuning and core/other available weapons.
I could type "This." in response to this enough times to fill the pages of a moderately-sized novel. Even on my bots with Rt cores the vast majority of my tuned parts are UC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2670
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 30
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 pm

@brokita1 wrote:


UCs never dominate. the only one i can truely think of is seraph, but thats cause she has a game breaking mechanic, on top of already being a broken AIR

(before BRD comes in here and says "LOL AIR IS BALANCED, JUST GET ANOTHER AIR WITH A ZOOK")

mounts never provided a advantage over regular mounts
monthly fee is okay, since WoW has more content than cosmic break ever has. its even safe to say the starting zones 1-10 is alot more than the entire game of CB

but then again ive gotten two warning for talking about how unbalanced CB is


oh and yea, someone in my clan said spending thousands and hundreds of dollars in this game is ok, if your an animes fan
When I first tried to copy BoyTitan's "suicidal melee" style I bought a Shino Ex with UC and attached two Red Squealers and a WB Double Lance I farmed. It earned me a 3rd in the rankings with SwordMaster, Leadership, Game Warrior, Support, Destroyer( I know people are supposed to get 1st here so I think something went wrong that time... Maybe my cost?) . Only recently did I RT rolled that I attached a Lance-A-Lot K-Sword AM replacing one Red Squealer AM.

Was there any difference after that... No... Except maybe that Falcon Punch Slash is cooler-looking than Falcon Punch x2....

Don't belittle UC bots other than Seraph... They hurt like hell too....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3071
Join date : 2011-02-26
Age : 907

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Okay, yes UC is at a disadvantage as it's supposed to be, sadly. To get a VF , Eve, or anything you have to PAY MONEY. In a company, which is what CS is by the way, they are going to favor paying customers. And if UC was on the same or higher level than RT, what point is there in buying RT?

As sad as the truth may be, CS still gives UC players a plethora of parts and several builds available which people need to wipe the tears out of their eyes long enough to realize they exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Moral of the story: If you're bad at the game, the obvious explanation is that the other guy won because he spent more money than you.

UC cores tend to be fairly basic. Usually pretty typical stats that scale based on both UC and bot costs from "cheap and weak" to "expensive and customizable". RT cores tend to throw in a wild variety of gimmicks, most of which actually end up making the bot even worse than UC counterparts (two main examples that come to mind: Ghost Raider has all three stealth carts but has horrible stats; Misty's mist gimmick makes her more durable, but because of its glaring hard counters and ability to neuter your own mobility a 40 wlk accel saber will still outperform her). Gara bots range from "good only for spare parts" to "decent, but not game-changing" to "top gold ball in only three or four garas with omgwtf stats and 0.001% drop chance" (i.e. EVE, Ivis). People extrapolate based on the three or four imba gara cores and assume all Rt bots are OP - which is then made into a hilarious double standard on the forums here when many new and old players alike ask about shop bots or certain gara bots to get a response along the lines of "it sucks junk it".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1342
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 23
Location : The horrible 3-dimensional world

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 10:36 pm

@Trill wrote:
And if UC was on the same or higher level than RT, what point is there in buying RT?

Rt+Skill > UC+Skill > Rt > UC Imo

bounce

Point of buying Rt :FunThingsAreFun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
avatar

Posts : 4995
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 10:47 pm

@shinigami wrote:
@Trill wrote:
And if UC was on the same or higher level than RT, what point is there in buying RT?

Rt+Skill+GARALUCK > UC+GODSkill > Rt+Skill > Rt+GARALUCK > UC+Skill > Rt > UC Imo

:bounce:

Point of buying Rt :FunThingsAreFun

Fixed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 11:04 pm

@Hyoka wrote:
@shinigami wrote:
@Trill wrote:
And if UC was on the same or higher level than RT, what point is there in buying RT?

Rt+Skill+GARALUCK > UC+GODSkill > Rt+Skill > Rt+GARALUCK > UC+Skill > Rt > UC Imo

bounce

Point of buying Rt :FunThingsAreFun

Fixed
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 7152
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Sun May 01, 2011 11:48 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@Hyoka wrote:
@shinigami wrote:


Rt+Skill+GARALUCK > UC+GODSkill > Rt+Skill > Rt+GARALUCK > UC+Skill > Rt > UC Imo

bounce

Point of buying Rt :FunThingsAreFun

Fixed
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster


Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 am

woke up with the great news of osama's death, so yea, go USA

anyway before i goto bed, ill respond with what i've seen

yes, getting the best Gara bots / parts and steamrolling regular people may be good for you and CB at first, but eventually there will be new robots, making yours look bad, and make you (read: Force to be competitive) new bots.

i wouldnt be suprised if there was a VANGUARD FENCER ULTRA GEAR MAX II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

it will have better stats
it will have a better gimmick
it will have two swords

and it will have everyone blowing their paychecks in gara. face it, its cyberstep's job to invent new OP bots to make kids spend their money. real games don't "Dont play that class or bot anymore, this class/bot is now better and worth your time/money/effort" in every patch, there is a new FOTM, but there are counters to it. in this game, there isn't. there is only triad seraph. the one bot that can over-power all three classes of bots, and there maybe be others, but none with anti-homing and insta 40 fly like her.


now in my opinion, CB is dieing. i mean, 100 union wars for 30 rt? thats their (part-time) solution for UC->RT? it shames me to see that numbers will go down, in fact, i already stopped with my monthly 200 RT purchase and daily surveys to just resubscribe to wow (yes i'm selling my account, but thats another thread).

it's safe to say wow is better, but it's also safe to say that theres better F2P, that aren't as addictive in the wrong ways.

just deal with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 502
Join date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 am

@Suguri wrote:
@Hyoka wrote:
@shinigami wrote:


Rt+Skill+GARALUCK > UC+GODSkill > Rt+Skill > Rt+GARALUCK > UC+Skill > Rt > UC Imo

bounce

Point of buying Rt :FunThingsAreFun

Fixed
This.



oh lol, Im not the only one who think like that . . .

and yes, that are RT bots/parts/weapons that arent so good, so as UC bots/parts/weapons, and yes, that are a lot of RT players that cant do much even with those OP RT bots but thats mostly because of a lack of skill. skilled player with RT and some good bot, dont even need to be an OP bot, is almost invincible against UC because of better stats and much more damage (like, 2 or 3 hits of yours, if you`re using UC, is like 1 or half a hit of someone using RT and with a uned bot with a good RT weapon, or you need to be at lvl 8, lvl 9 with your UC bot, parts and weapons to make the same damage the RT bot would do with RT weapons and parts at lvl 2, lvl 3, lvl 4 . . . many times at lvl 5 it start doing more damage than your lvl 9 UC bot (less for some things like my destructor that, without Blast Guard and high TGH it make 140 damage + burning + short stun, but all 6 missiles + grenade must hit to do that
much damage and effects while some RT bots use 1 to 3 weapons at once and do the same thing or almost)

point is . . . is that an RT player better than UC player? (and I checked this at Arena and battles being talked about) no, RT player just have a lot of advantages that make it hard as hell for an UC player to fight toe to toe, even more to overcome the advantages the RT bots adn weapons give. but a RT player SHOULD do better than a UC player because of the advantages.

I complain about this UC/RT thing because look like some RT players think that UC players still have as good things as them and think that UC players just lack skill . . . no, a UC player that fight toe to toe or even better than a RT player is a lot better than that RT player because his gameplay is mostly based on skill while the RT player have lots of advantages that dont need so much skill. (and some RT players even make jokes on UC players and I checked some 4 Epochs where some, or one in some epochs, RT players wanted to vote kick some UC players and low ranked, whats stupidity as the game is for everyone, not just for them and if they do better than UC players, great, they are just making the proper use of their bots and weapons, nothing more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1312
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 27
Location : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 am

@brokita1 wrote:
for example, VF is now the only viable melee, and some famous forum dwellers here, will use three VFs in arena, and top charts (coughboytitancough)


ORLY?

<<< just got 8 swordmaster awards tday, 2 in Epoch

I have no vanguard, just Manly Byne, Red Squealer and Zero Saber GOLD in my commando

never rolled patty gara, never intend to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
avatar

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 am

@RoboFranky wrote:
@brokita1 wrote:
for example, VF is now the only viable melee, and some famous forum dwellers here, will use three VFs in arena, and top charts (coughboytitancough)


ORLY?

<<< just got 8 swordmaster awards tday, 2 in Epoch

I have no vanguard, just Manly Byne, Red Squealer and Zero Saber GOLD in my commando

never rolled patty gara, never intend to

Were there any fencers in those matches where you won swordmaster awards?o3o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1312
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 27
Location : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 8:14 am

@ziix wrote:
@RoboFranky wrote:
@brokita1 wrote:
for example, VF is now the only viable melee, and some famous forum dwellers here, will use three VFs in arena, and top charts (coughboytitancough)


ORLY?

<<< just got 8 swordmaster awards tday, 2 in Epoch

I have no vanguard, just Manly Byne, Red Squealer and Zero Saber GOLD in my commando

never rolled patty gara, never intend to

Were there any fencers in those matches where you won swordmaster awards?o3o

yup, some failed trying to cut thru my Byne

some just can't hit my Zero Saber

Byne ended up sandwhiched between two VF blades in some moments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster


Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 8:35 am

@RoboFranky wrote:
@brokita1 wrote:
for example, VF is now the only viable melee, and some famous forum dwellers here, will use three VFs in arena, and top charts (coughboytitancough)


ORLY?

<<< just got 8 swordmaster awards tday, 2 in Epoch

I have no vanguard, just Manly Byne, Red Squealer and Zero Saber GOLD in my commando

never rolled patty gara, never intend to

i've seen you play before, your decent, so i don't have any reason to prove you didn't. however. if you play triple melee, then the chances of getting sword master is higher, after all, its just who does the most damage with melee, cost, kills, and other things aren't factored.

plus, VF is the only melee that doesn't have to rely on lag to be good, i'm sure you've seen some lagkun shoot across the map with one tackle, or a shino-byne with the same results.

VFs damage is stupendous, his over drive lets you ignore the -speed from tuning, giving you a weapon with 54 force with no real penalties, unless you count the limited charges of overdrive "Fair and balanced" since his damage is consistent without it, i do not.

but i do stand by my statement that they will release a newer version of VF one day. its going to happen. i mean, just a little while ago they released toybox girl, then this week they had to add 2 new versions of toy box, for no reason. both, could be seen as more over powered as the original

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
avatar

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 8:39 am

@RoboFranky wrote:
@ziix wrote:
@RoboFranky wrote:


ORLY?

<<< just got 8 swordmaster awards tday, 2 in Epoch

I have no vanguard, just Manly Byne, Red Squealer and Zero Saber GOLD in my commando

never rolled patty gara, never intend to

Were there any fencers in those matches where you won swordmaster awards?o3o

yup, some failed trying to cut thru my Byne

some just can't hit my Zero Saber

Byne ended up sandwhiched between two VF blades in some moments

Damn...I should go get myself a Byne >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1312
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 27
Location : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 am

@ziix wrote:
@RoboFranky wrote:
@ziix wrote:


Were there any fencers in those matches where you won swordmaster awards?o3o

yup, some failed trying to cut thru my Byne

some just can't hit my Zero Saber

Byne ended up sandwhiched between two VF blades in some moments


Damn...I should go get myself a Byne >.>

first thing I ever bought using money and so far still one of the best things I bought Cool
can't get enuf of Byne related stuff, damn no Byne gal >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamerrehab
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Male Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 26
Location : S. CA, USA

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 10:42 am

I must say that I never saw myself being addicted to this at first but ever since CB, I've been playing alot!! I think I've spent around $30-$40 for RT and so far it's all paid back. This is the first real game where I feel like I'm getting my money's worth for buying rt.

The things you can do with just $10 worth of rt is amazing enough. It just makes me want to spend more Very Happy And I know that when Ivis comes out, I'll be willing to spend $50 to get her lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
avatar

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 10:56 am

@gamerrehab wrote:
I must say that I never saw myself being addicted to this at first but ever since CB, I've been playing alot!! I think I've spent around $30-$40 for RT and so far it's all paid back. This is the first real game where I feel like I'm getting my money's worth for buying rt.

The things you can do with just $10 worth of rt is amazing enough. It just makes me want to spend more Very Happy And I know that when Ivis comes out, I'll be willing to spend $50 to get her lol.

You sound like Cyberstep's ideal customer.

Not a bad thing though, you sound like you're happy with what you get, NOT LIKE MOST PEOPLE >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamerrehab
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Male Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 26
Location : S. CA, USA

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 am

@ziix wrote:
@gamerrehab wrote:
I must say that I never saw myself being addicted to this at first but ever since CB, I've been playing alot!! I think I've spent around $30-$40 for RT and so far it's all paid back. This is the first real game where I feel like I'm getting my money's worth for buying rt.

The things you can do with just $10 worth of rt is amazing enough. It just makes me want to spend more Very Happy And I know that when Ivis comes out, I'll be willing to spend $50 to get her lol.

You sound like Cyberstep's ideal customer.

Not a bad thing though, you sound like you're happy with what you get, NOT LIKE MOST PEOPLE >.>

lol yea, I guess it has to do with the fact that $10 doesn't seem much to me since I have a job. And the feeling of being able to be in the top 5 players out of 30 at the end of each game just cause I have tuned rt bots feels great Very Happy

Though I'm sure a lot of people will rage at this, along with the fact that I seem to be very very VERY lucky when it comes to rolling RT garapons lol

I remember getting 3x ivis at the end of the C.B closed beta. That sure was fun :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1236
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 27
Location : Australia, No I Don't Lag. Much

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 11:29 am

@gamerrehab wrote:
@ziix wrote:
@gamerrehab wrote:
I must say that I never saw myself being addicted to this at first but ever since CB, I've been playing alot!! I think I've spent around $30-$40 for RT and so far it's all paid back. This is the first real game where I feel like I'm getting my money's worth for buying rt.

The things you can do with just $10 worth of rt is amazing enough. It just makes me want to spend more Very Happy And I know that when Ivis comes out, I'll be willing to spend $50 to get her lol.

You sound like Cyberstep's ideal customer.

Not a bad thing though, you sound like you're happy with what you get, NOT LIKE MOST PEOPLE >.>

lol yea, I guess it has to do with the fact that $10 doesn't seem much to me since I have a job. And the feeling of being able to be in the top 5 players out of 30 at the end of each game just cause I have tuned rt bots feels great Very Happy

Though I'm sure a lot of people will rage at this, along with the fact that I seem to be very very VERY lucky when it comes to rolling RT garapons lol

I remember getting 3x ivis at the end of the C.B closed beta. That sure was fun :3

uh yeah good luck with that

ivis gara will probably be as rigged as the sugoi gara or eve gara. unless by the time they release her they are down to 100 online players daily and they suddenly up the gold ball rate across the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
avatar

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

Dammit. I'm addicted to this game. I need to find other things to do >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1236
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 27
Location : Australia, No I Don't Lag. Much

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm

@ziix wrote:
Dammit. I'm addicted to this game. I need to find other things to do >.>

elsword open beta

/question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamerrehab
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Male Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 26
Location : S. CA, USA

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 12:51 pm

@LordShade wrote:
@ziix wrote:
Dammit. I'm addicted to this game. I need to find other things to do >.>

elsword open beta

/question

Do you guys know when the MMO "Metal Rage" will hit US? It looks to be my Cosmic Break Substitute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVVbIBxKKpk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1708
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Blowing FC Seraph out of my airspace

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 3:19 pm

@ziix wrote:
Dammit. I'm addicted to this game. I need to find other things to do >.>
This.
Although getting off an addiction is hard, especially because I'm personally drawn to games where customization is everything(and free) with a decent chance of being good at the game..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster


Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   Mon May 02, 2011 4:33 pm

@gamerrehab wrote:
@LordShade wrote:
@ziix wrote:
Dammit. I'm addicted to this game. I need to find other things to do >.>

elsword open beta

/question

Do you guys know when the MMO "Metal Rage" will hit US? It looks to be my Cosmic Break Substitute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVVbIBxKKpk

now that looks like a game thats fun not "HIT AND RUN CAMP THE PS AND KEEP YOUR COST LOW"

but from the comments, it looks like nexon got it, which means itll be forever if they do release it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ADDICTION   

Back to top Go down
 
ADDICTION
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com