Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2365

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 am

Uh wait.
Isn't there a discussion about EVE shots that concludes out to shell+blast? = =
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:17 pm

@blead wrote:
Uh wait.
Isn't there a discussion about EVE shots that concludes out to shell+blast? = =

Confirmed, Level 3 Focus Lock EVE shot = 133% Shell damage + 48% Explosive damage.
Level 2 Focus Lock = 100% Shell Damage, no Explosive.
Level 1 Focus Lock = 80% Shell Damage.
I'd assume the piercing shot deals the same ratio of damage to any targets struck after the original target.

Shell Supply does NOT refill certain subweapons, such as Seraph Crimrose BS2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Uhh, wrong. Seeing people make retarded claims like this which are almost always a result of google translate/babelfish/whathaveyou on the wiki page is pretty fucking annoying.

100% shell damage, I tested this personally, don't claim that you tested/verified it when you've obviously got no clue FireKiller87. JP wiki states the same as well.

Level 3 is 133% PIERCING HIT + 48% AOE HIT both of which are 100% shell damage.

1段階目:80%
2段階目:100%
3段階目:133%+48%(実弾属性の爆風ダメージ)

The characters in the parentheses says blast of shell property damage.

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=1020

Test results here. If you still want to dispute it, I can demonstrate it on you personally some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Ether's right, it's pure shell.

Not the first time people have been confused by machine translations, I remember people arguing with me that Stardust Cannon did beam+blast damage >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:02 pm

@Suguri wrote:
Ether's right, it's pure shell.

Not the first time people have been confused by machine translations, I remember people arguing with me that Stardust Cannon did beam+blast damage >_>

Huh. I've been hearing everybody sayin it's Shell + Explosive.
Oh well. Figures why people used to say it was so OP, you get 35 Force on everybody in the game.

...on another note, that needs to be fixed on the CosmiCalc site.

And Ether? You don't have to get so pissed at me. Sure, I made a mistake, and you pointed it out, I admit that.
Big deal, I made a mistake, not like a lot of other people haven't said the same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Quote :
to be word for word and straight translation

real bullet 実弾
element/attribute 属性

blast 爆風
damage ダメージ

Which really just say "shell type blast damage". Whatever that means. Make me wonder if other type of shell weapon are also classified as part blast (breaker).

Japanese also tend to use 爆風 as their word for "AoE" (same meaning, different word). It could really just mean AoE damage, but could be different in cosmic break sense.

Stardust cannon was especially labeled as "beam blast" instead of blast. (same with all lightning gun)

Edit:
found a different jpwiki
this one actually list blast percentage of each weapon
http://wikiwiki.jp/cosmic/?%A5%ED%A5%DC%A5%A6%A5%A7%A5%DD%A5%F3%2F%BC%EA%BB%FD%A4%C1%A5%E1%A5%A4%A5%F3
e.v.e shot however, is mentioned only as shell + penetration.

I thought that was the conclusion. Shell type. Someone remembered it wrong pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 am

So we misunderstood it for a long time, huh? = =
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

@blead
Very.

@Ether
Ayt. I'll make a note of that. Ty Ether. Also in regards to Accel Roll, I don't really want to call it a midair dash because yes, while the twirl is eye candy, that is what people see. For both Air Loop/Accel Roll, while whatever animations they are, what makes them so great is the fact you can move a distance, whether that be in a flat plane, or to a different height, in a blink of an eye. Plus I'm kinda sick of, STOP TRYING TO SAY IT'S THIS, IT'S THAT, that section is the one thing I've edited more than 4x already and I'm quite sick and tired of explaining something in words that could be better appreciated visually. Picture worth more than 1000 words indeed. Just need to find that air loop vid from koi somewhere, I know I found it in the Videos section but...tired.

@ EVE discussion

Also, while thinking about this for some while, I finally understood why EVE was so OP. Not so much that she had a rail gun or the fact it could go post 35 force..but the fact I could aim at practically anyone that was within distance and lob at least 80 damage (to a LND generally...).

But what I don't understand is...if EVE's damage is really pure shell no matter what level of lock on, why is it that I can only do 110ish damage to an AIR..and only maybe 90+ max to a LND/Support/ART? That just doesn't make sense..

And if it's ART>AIR..I thought that was only with blast type damage =.=''

EDIT: Struck me while I was doing some mundane things: TGH. That's why.

Dang. Just 10+ TGH shaves off quite a bit from my damage. Drats.

On the other hand though, it's been a while since I've updated this thing. Expect an overhaul soon within the next few days. Hafta finish this up while I'm still sort of interested in this game because...truth be told..I find Witcher 2 more fascinating these days ._.;;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tsuchigumo
Tsuchigumo

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm sure this has to have been covered before, but, I'm going to go over the basic rules of combat.
Not the particular rules of combat, but the art of war.

TIPS:
1. Flank your enemy. Many times on powerspot maps, you will see everyone clashing in the middle. Taking side routes around, hitting hard and fast and getting out of there is one method.
Flanking Methods:
1. Hang to the far left or right of a map, but not always the edge. In maps where there is a lot of open space, almost square-ish, move more to one side than forward until the most of your teammates are away from you. Move forward with a LND or AIR striker, capable of fast movement and hard hits. This is a hit and run style of flanking. I oftem blaze a trail throught the enemy line and rush from their side to ours. Dangerous, but if you can dodge...
2. Break Away. THis method is one where you rush with the members on your team, then once enemy contacts appear, you break off, giving fire support but basically dissapearing off to the side of the map. You can wait there, or try and hit the enemy from the sides, while they're distracted.
3. Don't try this on maps where the enemy is spread out. You need the enemy to be clustered together.
4. Try not to get directly behind the enemy. It's a death sentence, with respawners and the enemy able to surround you.

2. Guns. Melee in this game has gone to hell. Go ahead and bring a sword for some Jikun self defense, but make sure you have some kind of firepower.
3. Bring guns that can fire steadily, have a lot of ammo, and can lay down a wall of bullets. Other weapons are fine too, but risking it all on one shot is too much to worry about IMO. Be ready to hammer the enemy, wear them down.
4. One or two melee subweps are plenty. If they combo, that's fine. If you have a non-melee subwep, consider only having one melee, it will be easier to melee while holding your subweapon at the ready. You can use the E key to switch to your melee in an emergency (AKA, Jikun Army on the way)

It's ok to solo, if you have an escape plan and a reason. Flanking, item collecting, and the occasional distraction are reasons.
Distractions can be effective but they murder your score. In a room without many pros, getting behind the enemy and causing pure chaos can let your teammates advance the line of defence further. Ever have enemies at your spawn? They had to sneak in or hammer their way there. Distract the enemy by running into them from somewhere they don't expect and cause chaos. Not always damage, just chaos. Causing enough damage can make them think there's a whole team behind them. Almost everyone in range will shoot at you, giving your team time to hit the opponents when they focus on you.

These are just some of my tactics, the only one that I firmly believe that EVERYONE should know is the flanking. The others are more tips and tricks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Actually I was going to put something like this later on after the weapons and other stuff are done. I need to finish up melee but I don't have info on:

BC Sword
Ripper Scythe
Jikun Kicks
Everything else listed in my updates..

But I will like put em together when I'm up to that update.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 pm

@ngelicdark wrote:
Actually I was going to put something like this later on after the weapons and other stuff are done. I need to finish up melee but I don't have info on:

BC Sword Find bippu or Verymelon
Ripper Scythe Not sure
Jikun Kicks Find Kit
Everything else listed in my updates..

But I will like put em together when I'm up to that update.

What about SeniorGrey? Isn't he Lumina/doing weapon/bot demos?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:59 am

Right now, Reaper Scythes're very popular in my server.
Maybe I can tell you some informations about it. But unfortunately, I was garatrolled and didn't get it. D:<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:03 am

Guess tis time to be a roving reporter. Man up and start questionin the strangers @_@
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:01 pm

If you're looking for info on Jikun's Rush Kick attack...

Hu: Final strike sends the target flying horizontally iirc. No other information that I know.

Long: Final strike sends the target flying straight up. Three strike attack that travels quite a distance. Can hit airborne enemies if they are flying low or just lifting off, as Long's legs kick above her head. Final attack is a flipping kick.
When using Jikun LG in the air, Long flips once while airborne and stomps on the ground, creating a slight AoE shockwave. It's slow, so not useful when you're already under heavy fire, but it's great for an aerial ambush on a more powerful unit(such as Fencer/Axer, Mai-chan w/o armor, etc.), letting you get in the first strike.

For W-Tackle attack...

Hu: Teleports in front of the target.
Long: Teleports behind the target.

You should confirm these, my knowledge of Jikun attacks isn't great, since I really only use Long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Oh wait I meant uhh Kuten actually. I own both Jikuns and I've played both enough to know what they do. However, the only thing I"m confused about is the whole what happens when you run out of ammo.. I recall you being able to tackle still, but you don't..do damage or you don't port behind/in front.

Also the strange thing with W-tackle when I still was testing Jikun, was that at a certain distance, ports can be upfront, instead of the usual behind. But it was at like maybe 200 or so distance..fairly short.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 pm

When the range's close enough, Jikuns won't teleport.
Also it doesn't use ammo when you don't teleport. O_O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:36 pm

@ngelicdark wrote:
Oh wait I meant uhh Kuten actually. I own both Jikuns and I've played both enough to know what they do. However, the only thing I"m confused about is the whole what happens when you run out of ammo.. I recall you being able to tackle still, but you don't..do damage or you don't port behind/in front.

Also the strange thing with W-tackle when I still was testing Jikun, was that at a certain distance, ports can be upfront, instead of the usual behind. But it was at like maybe 200 or so distance..fairly short.

Fuuuuuuu...Fire doesn't have a Kuten and he doesn't intend to touch Dragon Gara. Sorry.

When you run out of ammo, you can no longer teleport. You still can tackle and deal damage regardless of ammo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Even xz says this gara has a bad rate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:11 pm

anyone know how stun regain works?
is it heal us from dmg received while stunned or heal us from stunning dmg scratch
how much it heal when angry BB stab you for 200++dmg

and no one know how float dash calculated yet?
afaik LND got +10WLK, is that mean 30WLK lLND will float as fast as 40 FLY one Basketball

@ngelicdark wrote:

But what I don't understand is...if EVE's damage is really pure shell no matter what level of lock on, why is it that I can only do 110ish damage to an AIR..and only maybe 90+ max to a LND/Support/ART? That just doesn't make sense..
wut?
you haven't deal with hellish one
maximum damage i received from single shot EVE cannon is 225, and WITHOUT lock-on warning
it's not fun when 60% of your HP taken in a single shot, and receive 170 dmg/shoot is usual for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:37 pm

@Nymph~ wrote:
WITHOUT lock-on warning
DAT SNIPER SIGHT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 am

@Nymph~ wrote:
is it heal us from dmg received while stunned or heal us from stunning dmg scratch

afaik LND got +10WLK, is that mean 30WLK lLND will float as fast as 40 FLY one Basketball

@ngelicdark wrote:

wut?
maximum damage i received from single shot EVE cannon is 225, and WITHOUT lock-on warning
it's not fun when 60% of your HP taken in a single shot, and receive 170 dmg/shoot is usual for me

Nobody knows exactly, but I'll give my rundown for it (again).

Stun regain heals 40-70% of stunning blow, a stunning blow may not always stun, but a stunning blow will heal.
A stunning blow heals only when the stun regain timer cools down.
The stunning blow is calculated before the TGH modifier.
CV buff allows stun regain to cool down immediately.

Second question:

You were shot from the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:38 am

Funny thing, if you attack with a Lance in midair, you bounce slightly upwards. If you fly up without moving forwards right next to a tree and spam the air attack, you can destroy the tree before you touch the ground. It also has nice tracking on stuff below you, so you can bounce off their head. The dash attack can move around quickly if you play a SUP without a high movement stat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:57 am

for some reason, some bot seems never apear in radar even after i locked him for a long time
stealth system is bugged, right?
@knyx wrote:
@Nymph~ wrote:

@ngelicdark wrote:

wut?

Nobody knows exactly, but I'll give my rundown for it (again).

Stun regain heals 40-70% of stunning blow, a stunning blow may not always stun, but a stunning blow will heal.
A stunning blow heals only when the stun regain timer cools down.
The stunning blow is calculated before the TGH modifier.
CV buff allows stun regain to cool down immediately.

Second question:

You were shot from the back.
hm, I see
thx for reply bounce
so that's mean it can save my a** from eve canon, efectively reduced it's damage by 40%-70%? i think 99% bots without CV will stunned upon receive 100++dmg? and do draw gun/melfi arrow considered as stuning attack?
when I have, uhm let's say, 100 hp left and got hit by said 150dmg, with stun regain, do I still got instakilled because it heal after damaged or i saved cuz it reduced dmg to below 100, and anyone know how stun regain intract by guards
I mean with blast guard, will give you 50% blast dmg reduction, do stun regain HEAL calculated before or after this reduction

shooted from back get 1.4x multiplier, right?
and with sniper sight, there is no way to tell which the poor soul that EVE locked on to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Stun Regain regenerates 70% of damage taken by the user. Flat rate. This means that Stun Regain heals based on the final damage calculation, including guards, area where you were shot, etc.

Being shot from behind increases damage by...1.5x, I believe. Not completely sure. I do know it makes the guy being shot suffer a hell lot more.

Stealth System equipped basically means the user will NEVER show up on radar with that bot, even if you're locked on. The only way to nullify Stealth System is to equip Broad Radar.

Drawguns(Winberrl AMs are the big ones) are considered autostun attacks in that they stun you if you're shot, no questions asked. If you have Stun Regain, you're actually regenerating HP rather than losing it. Arrow Rain is probably autostun too, but I don't have one to test and I haven't heard any info on it.

Sniper Sight is designed as a stealth cart. It's meant to keep players on their toes(conducting active surveillance), because a player with Sniper Sight can get off one or two good shots on you if you don't keep an eye on your surroundings and see them coming at you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
Stun Regain regenerates 70% of damage taken by the user. Flat rate. This means that Stun Regain heals based on the final damage calculation, including guards, area where you were shot, etc.
How sure are you about this? Because there are instances where you can heal more than the damage taken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   

Back to top Go down

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com