Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

MarsWar (F2P)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: MarsWar (F2P)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:31 am

Have you ever tried Planet Side? Have you ever wanted to play Planet Side without subbing or illegal servers? Well too bad! But my friends, there is an alternative that IS free to play and has a close enough feel to Planet Side compared to any other mmofps out there. MarsWar is here and it needs a player base.

Why? 500vs500 people in ONE MAP is why. I've got to admit, the name is a bit crappy and it makes you think of a low quality browser game, but I will assure you, it is not. The game itself is very fun and very addicting. Two armies battle it out like they tend to do in shooters.

But unlike most shooters, both armies have different units and pros/cons to each compared to their counterpart in the opposing army. Some units are able to transform into certain things, such as a walker that turns into a motorcycle. Both sides are robotic by the way. I started off with the Federals, aka the Feds myself. But I then changed sides to the Alliance since they had the prowler class, the stealthy mofo that can go invisible.

The Alliance tend to have more slim robots that look a bit alien like. The Feds on the other hand look more tech'ish and bulky, like something we would make. As for weapons, there are not that many to select from, but each has their own role to play. As I already said, the game supports 500vs500 matches. That means, yes, there are vehicles which include artillery and spaceships.

I give this game a 8 out of 10. It does not get a 10 due to a few minor bugs that pop up time to time and the community itself is very low right now. The game needs more people! It's free to play, why not give it a try? The client itself is only around 200mb.

http://marswar.mmolover.com/

My IGNs:
Alliance - Mayhem
Federal - MrK4G3

Last edited by Mayhem on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 am

Indeed its not a bad game despite some gltiches and stuff. Normally I hate FPS style games but found this one amusing to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:58 am

o.o
looks pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:32 pm

copy/paste

[16:26:49] @ Mayhem : I'm already well known as the ninja of the Alliance. I just stole one of their bases literally right from under the enemy. It was like a little two story outpost and the entrance and the control panel to hack it to take it is down there while the spawn room and the turrets are up top.

[16:27:35] @ Mayhem : Against 15 guys who were around that area, manning turrets, scouting around the place, I was able to sneak it and hack the base that took about 2 minutes to do while they did not even notice me or that their base was being taken.

[16:28:42] @ Mayhem : Once I took it, the guys in the spawn room started taking small continious damage since it was our spawn area now, so they ran away like little bitches and then I finished off half of them with a pistol while they were in a panic.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:19 pm

500 vs 500 really looks tempting :3
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:38 am

Are there enough players to make those huge maps not to be uninhabited wastelands?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:51 am

Tbh, I played it for 2 days already, and from what I can see, it is still a wasteland. XD Each outpost there (around 6-7) has only 1 or 2 people each. You can just go and capture the further outpost without resistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:56 am

@IcyAmiki wrote:
Tbh, I played it for 2 days already, and from what I can see, it is still a wasteland. XD Each outpost there (around 6-7) has only 1 or 2 people each. You can just go and capture the further outpost without resistance.
lulwut.

im dling it now btw ._.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:59 am

It is still a nice game btw. o.o though kinda blurred abit at start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:23 am

@Ichijo wrote:
Are there enough players to make those huge maps not to be uninhabited wastelands?

They auto-change to a small map if there are not that many people.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:09 am

does this game have a growing player base yet I watched mmo huts review and it was empty I mean like 40 players empty 0_o

if so HELL YA IM PLAYING THIS FREE PLANET SIDE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
does this game have a growing player base yet I watched mmo huts review and it was empty I mean like 40 players empty 0_o

MMOHUT did a review just a bit after it was released. Obviously the more time it is out means the more people will hear about it. It still has a tiny community, but it is slowly growing as I see more and more new names.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 am

Mayhem wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

MMOHUT did a review just a bit after it was released. Obviously the more time it is out means the more people will hear about it. It still has a tiny community, but it is slowly growing as I see more and more new names.

well it looks like the vehicles play like they do In tribes so its a download for me Ill download it tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 am

it only grows if people spread it,or with advertisement.
so far, CB only grew by friend refering...we should get a reward for refering friends D:
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 am

@Nisa wrote:
it only grows if people spread it,or with advertisement.
so far, CB only grew by friend refering...we should get a reward for refering friends D:

cs just is fail advertiseing and fail at keeping new players out of every 100 circle ranks we get 1 stays they need a better way to limit the rooms so high rank players wont go out and kill low rank ppl and make them quit the game

some times its to tempting to go in those lvl 5 rooms tho T___T
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:40 pm

I just came out of a battle of like 40v40, it was pretty fun. My end k/d was something around 110/20 and most of my deaths were me committing suicide so the enemy did not get any points for killing me... I'm smart / assholeish like that. Laughing

One more level to go and I can use those third bots. Which includes the motorcycle bot, the turret bot and the spy bot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:25 am

So this guy named Friendly, who plays on both sides got all butt hurt just now. He was on Fed and some guys on our side blew out their generators for their bases power, so nothing really worked for them. He hops on his Alliance account and starts crying over it calling EVERYONE curse words and cheap and blablabla. Then he says, since we ruined his game experience, he is going to ruin ours. So he spams 000000 every 5 seconds for 10 minutes...

You can only talk every 5 seconds, so in other words, his spam was pretty lulzy and not effective at all. We all laughed at him and said no one cares about him spamming chat, no one ever uses it anyways. He acted like we use it, when in reality we just do our own thing and somehow just win really hard. Then I start telling him no one cares and he starts to brag about his high rank and stupid shit like that. I tell him that no one cares once again, because this is the internet and no one cares about him or anyone else.

Well he starts going after me, saying I am not even high ranked. I'm like yes, I only joined a few days ago, yet I'm still always first and my k/d is very very good. He says Alliance is not even that good. I tell him we don't even care to take bases, we just let them keep their bases and their spawn trucks because we farm kills off of them because we are just so good, which is true. Well he acts like that is not the case and says that is not how you play as if we should play like him and him alone.

We argue a bit more, he crys more, I laugh more. He says he is going to spam more and I keep laughing. He says I am acting cool and I say I am glad he thinks I am cool. He says "no, I said you act cool" and I say yes, I am pretty cool, thanks. So in the end he rages and switches back to the enemy team after saying I suck.

We start a new round and I hop in a spaceship. Guess who I see flying around? Friendly is flying around in another spaceship, as an enemy. I ride his ass real hard and in the end he can not even hit me once when I finally destroy his ship. But right before I take the last shot, he jumps out and tries to run away.

I hop out myself and snipe his ass, literally... He logs off. Very Happy

Last edited by Mayhem on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:50 am

Nice.

This game is actually pretty fun. Joined as Alliance, and I've found the scout class to be really awesome, even if it's stuck having a puny pistol as its main weapon. Hacking a base by myself, going invisible, then watching Feds run around like crazy trying to catch me before the timer runs down is really amusing.

I just wish the planes were easier to control. Every time I try to take one for a spin...it ends up being literal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:12 pm

rank in fps dosent matter epic noob is noob ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:47 am

I have one thing to say to friendly... DEEZ NUTS NIKA https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img25/2585/imepicmarswar.png
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:36 am

ALLL HAIL LORD MAYHEM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MarsWar (F2P)   

Back to top Go down

MarsWar (F2P)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com