Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charz
Forum Lurker

Male Posts : 444

PostSubject: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 12:36 pm

First you will ask me and you are right why do you keep bothering us with that sort of thing about making this game a better experience you know that you are asking for the impossible and it a waste of time CS will never do any of what you suggest

And my answer is simple even if you are facing a problem which is virtually impossible to solve then the weakest form of faith dictates that you should at least leave a record about it think of me as someone who tries to plant a seed and pour some water whether or not this seed will grow into a tree that bears fruit will remain to be seen in the future because I am a normal man and I am not that sort of person who can bring dreams into reality it is someone`s else business

and with that out of the way lets get into it

The death or rather this sever state of decay can be attributed to two things how the meta works and the lack of actual content and I mean here more shit to do instead of releasing moes every single week but for the sake of keeping it straight forward I will never focus much on the meta but rather the game play modes

You already listed all the notorious moes that shapes todays meta starting from Bapho till Hilti  and CS already outdone themselves as all of them rendered the game unplayable and meaningless for people who don’t have any of them similar to what happened in the Initum apocalypse and only now they started to release batches to (balance) the game and I tell you they are questionable but we will have to wait till it ends in order to have the clear picture for now how the majority got fed up is understandable but sadly this sort of cancer is deeply rooted into the game it can`t be fixed and a complete restart is the only option which is unlikely to ever happen

So maybe it is time to suggest something that can be achieved within the reality of the game with bringing people back in mind  

We will begin by the most familiar mode which is the arena it can be summed up into 7 things union wars shuffle matches team fights epoch capture the flag legion wars and chaos rooms

Despite the different naming all of these plays virtually the same with the exception of epoch where you are required to bring some ppl with PS breakers to play it correctly and capture the flag which holy cow requires you to run with flags around but as it is now it is like a mini game that serve no purpose other than being there and net no fun or rewards and the only thing that net any rewards is the repetitive uw arena

To break free of this they should create other variations and it will not require them to do drastic changes or heavy coding such as Team Death match Union Death match control point and actually overhaul capture the flag i will discuss in details the rules and logic of each one

1- Team death match

in team Death match mode the rules and differences will be like this the first drastic change that you will see is that there will be no BP meter and you will actually have to survive

The 3 robots in your commando will be like 3 lives once any of them is dead it will remain dead until the match is over you will need to switch to the other robots untill all three of them is dead and when this happen your soul will go to the spectator camera where you observe the rest of the match to limit rage a bit the optimal number of players should be 15 vs 15 as for the PS it will remain there but destroying it does not affect the defeat or victory factors  

PS the perma death mechanic does exist in arcanatus so it is a matter of copy and paste really

2- union death match

that is like a mega ver of the first instead of 2 teams it will be 3 teams from BRD WIZ and DOS the rules will be the same except that the larger maps and the team distribution will be like 20 vs 20 vs 20 which total to 60 players this mode is a similar ver for the free for all death match but to prevent total chaose this is what i could come up with

3- control point

well this will be tricky to implement while death match is just a modified ver of the regular arena they will need to build this from the ground up first it will require brand new maps and make something that resemble a moving defendable point this object move at a steady pace on a pre detremined path till it reach a goal and it can only be interrupted once it becomes under attack

to win in this mode the team must defend thier point till it reach the goal before the other team controle point does and to do that they need to keep the enemy point under attack  and the same is true for both teams

4- capture the flag

they dont need to do much except maybe make the maps larger and tweak the mechanics a bit

I have no doubt that these modes will introduce numerous problems in terms of gameplay and balance but it can be sorted out later for now they need to implement this shit or the game will die pretty soon

Some other Miscellaneous shit to improve the quality of life

1 - UC and RT trade

the UC trading is simple the bastards just needs to bring bazaar back to restore some of the game population and it is really easy to do but the ground breaking thing that will do bring people back from the dead is RT trade or rather RT exchange

PS the bazaar should be activated permanently  

I thought about this for a long while the excuse that CS shoved in our faces was credit card fraud and we don't want to deal with that shit but really it is lame because all what we want to do is the ability to exchange item against an item like you give me lettuce i give you eggs it is this simple no real or game currency is involved in the process

some regulations still needs to be implemented to safeguard the system from abuse like

A- you need to reach crown rank to be eligible for this economy regardless of anything else
B- all robots in shop will be flagged as UC in the system and you can't exchange a UC item against an RT item
C- all 2 slotted parts will be flagged as UC and can't be exchanged
D- you can only exchange RT core with an RT core if the robots are tuned all of the tunes will be whipped clear and  the bot itself will be reverted to lv 0
E- you can only exchange 3 bots per day when the system is active
F- the system will be active only once at the end of each month for a defined period of time
G -the system should have an interface to allow players to trade in real time if the system detects that both clients are on the same IP address the user in question will be banned from the service for an amount of time

with this i believe all alt and fake account should be kept at bay and in the same time no need for anyone to track fraude and shit it is the player responsibility to determine who should they deal with also these rules can be tweaked if they discovered an exploit when the system launch

2- Order quests

they should like update this shit already with more rewards and levels

3 - clan fight system

Didnt you feel one day that clan fight is pointless the way it is or even the points of forming clans in general ? and that is because the time which this system activates in is beyond me why is it like that ? why it is not active permanently ? if i want to play this mode in my time zone then i should consider skipping sleep which is really bad

If the bastards just made this system available all the time ppl will start making clans to fight each other and maybe farm the rewards associated with that mode much more quickly and clans in general will have a point of them existing and maybe even evolve team play ?

4 - mission mode and arcanatus

i discussed this in detail before but they should update those modes either with new content or overhauls the piss poor drops

In my humble opinion should they manage to drop this shit into the game ppl should comeback and stay for a while but if they dont then you can bet nothing on this game future

In case the game does shut down in the end there is something the community can do to give CS the middle finger which non other than cloning CB itself

During my gold mining on the forum i stumbled across this thread that Ese made which is http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t16199-cosmic-break-fan-game

I do like what i am seeing in the screen shots and it can serve as a foundation for that cloning project but according to what i understood in the thread Ese does not have access to the game Assets textures meshes and in game 3d models of the moe bots which is problematic in its own right but in the same time it is not impossible to solve

to gain access to the game internal guts there are some files inside the client that needs to be decoded and that decoding is not easy because it require a fully fledged coder and developer and i don't know if someone here knows about one who is willing to help

since that this game is written in java it should not be that hard to decipher assuming that he is willing to do some comprehensive research about the subject and to do that he might need some money maybe if we choose to donate to him he can do it

and once he open that door all the games maps and items and robots will be under his disposal then it is only a matter of modifying them to work with his engine and we will have our alternate CB game with Every single item and robots available for every one

he only need to release the game in a bare bone state but in the same time it must allow users to add custom maps models and scripting to it in short a modable game that can be expanded upon so the project can keep going on smoothly

I could be optimistic in all of this and none of that could really happen but as i said it is all for the record and once this game or the forum lies dead and abandoned someone can learn from this atrocity and create a much better and fair game in the future

Last edited by Charz on Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

Male Posts : 2792

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Just play something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charz
Forum Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 pm

I do play other games like borderlands 2 skyrim special edition etc it is just that that i don't want 5 years of work to be flushed down the toilet in an instant as it is really crushing and depressing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

Male Posts : 1988

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm

I will only return to this game when they bring back Tri-Union Wars and Bazaar. Or if they somehow merge CBEN with CBJP without taking anything away from us.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vietpho.net
ZedEX-FedEX~
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 543

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Honestly team deathmatch shouldn't exist for obvious reason - people can just ham 3gcapa stuffs at there. Thinking about commando cost limit? Well, it still gives a major advantage? This mode means that you need 3 proper units instead of 2 and they're not cheap for newbies.

Epoch is a bit stale, if we ignore the current population this mode needs more rewards (the only apparent epoch-exclusive stuff is chibi thoarla LOL, which is rare too). Epoch cube was a really nice idea and brought epoch from brink of death on its release. For union points the contested rewards is... trash, union stack is a issue as well.

Bazaar should always be non-rt items exclusive. A bit unfair for those who own multiple accounts that has enough rank to do so (primarily those who receive accounts from retired players).
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Charz
Forum Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 7:58 pm

I do get your point but keep in mind that in the current meta it is hard for bots with even 1000 hp plus to last this long especially with a bot like Berithia spamming her iron maiden around you have seen how fast it can kill a bapho and it sure to kill any fat bot with ease along with other bots who have similar deadly debuffs like melt

the high cost of the bot shouldn't even matter because once it is dead it will remain dead until it all ends

And you do not even need Berithia a simple old fashioned gang bang will mow down any bot no matter how much G capa or hp shoved into it

lastly regarding the difficulty yes newbies will have a very tough time with such a mode and it might introduce much more cheaper tactics than what we are used to but this is an inhere issue just like the inherit issues of the arena and it is better to have it with problems rather not having any variety at all

As of Bazaar i only wanted it to remain active permanently so ppl can trade any time they want the RT trade i want is a completely separate system from it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 8:11 pm

@Charz wrote:
I do play other games like borderlands 2 skyrim special edition etc it is just that that i don't want 5 years of work to be flushed down the toilet in an instant as it is really crushing and depressing

That's what sent this shit to the gutter. Treating it as if it was a job (endless haku runs, minmaxing everything, etc).

Last edited by Tuskin on Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elmatalast
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 16, 2018 9:05 pm

CBEN management(if there's any now) have absolutely no power to implement new stuffs anymore. CBjp isn't doing that bad with current state of the game. So there's little to no reason for them to consider cben and give us any special treatment(implementing all those thing you suggested).
Finally players are to blame as much as the management.
Constantly cheating, rigging arena, abusing bug for self satisfaction even in the present state of the game. Unless players do something within themselves, there is no other way. But the lack of solidity in the community will make any suggestion futile.

*btw amongst all your suggestion I highly disagree with the bazaar one. Bazaar must not return to cben at any cost, for the obvious possibility of mass alt. spamming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Thu May 17, 2018 3:32 am

not sure about alt spaming with bazaar, but i've seen weaker players sell gens stupid cheap to ... those that are harder to deal with. never mind i can see the alt spamming given a recent event we had with the 80 gens. anyway i'm against bringing back bazaar too, moving around resources we'd use to torture each other from the harmless to the sadistic.

i personally would like a capture the flag room out side of teamfight, a shuffle one and maybe a legion deal. though it'd be weird now that amelia and verm exist

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charz
Forum Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 am

The futility is already in the title of this thread and i am fully aware that non of this may see the light of the day CBEN management is already down the ruin with it being severely understaffed and basically the updates and maintenance are in full autonomous mode

The players carry a portion of the blame yes but the arena rigging cheating and bot abuse should be regulated by the GM personnel themselves they can write rules which emphasize fair play to their heart content but without monitoring and an enforcing authority then it is basically ink on paper and no one will give a fuck about them and that should be natural for them to do if they think that their game is an MMO but who am i kidding  

That is somehow similar to the state of this forum back in the day we had either mods who does not give a fuck about what is going on between the members or mods who abuse their powers to shut down people on the slightest argument if you ask me what does this mean then i tell you it means that the forum have no self defense for the members a shit poster can come at any day to slap the members faces the way he sees fit and by the time someones interfere the situation is already beyond repair

People are not expected to behave out of good will by themselves that is why countries have laws and rules you know

and if you don't want bazaar then it is fine but farming the resources and getting handhelds will be this much more difficult

@Tuskin

that maybe so but i dont consider CB to be my job i already have one in my real life and it takes like 80% of the time available to me i just want to keep my shit intact for the longest time possible given how hard it was to get any of it you get the idea ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Captain Slow Smoking A Pipe & Eating Ice Cream At The Same Time

Male Posts : 2117

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 am

@Tuskin wrote:

But there's hardly any other games with just as much Cuteness and Action and Cool Robots!

And absolutely Zero of them that allow as much freedom in reskinning!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Thu May 17, 2018 3:34 pm

@Armored Entity wrote:
@Tuskin wrote:

But there's hardly any other games with just as much Cuteness and Action and Cool Robots!

What skins? I turned off that feature when I realized here it was just gundam wanking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm

@Tuskin wrote:
@Armored Entity wrote:
@Tuskin wrote:

What skins? I turned off that feature when I realized here it was just gundam wanking.

You know who you're replying to, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Fri May 18, 2018 5:13 pm

@Tuskin wrote:
@Armored Entity wrote:
@Tuskin wrote:

I haven't seen a Gundam-based skin in months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Fri May 18, 2018 9:24 pm

@Armored Entity wrote:
@Tuskin wrote:
@Armored Entity wrote:

That's because the playerbase doesn't exist anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Sat May 19, 2018 4:44 am

@Armored Entity wrote:
@Tuskin wrote:
@Armored Entity wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrMLMV6E4CM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aiოi ♥
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Female Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 pm

uhh to be honest, I'm so lazy to read all of that ;~;
I have only came here after being lured by omega to check something but then I saw your name

sooooo! I just wanted to say, haiii zeze!
and well, it's really admirable to see you want to improve the game and think of ways to make it happen
it's been years and the game is still the same tho, I guess it can't be helped anymore
but anyway, I hope you manage to find something else that makes you happier

alrighty now! take care and stay safe zeze ♥️

Last edited by Aiოi ♥ on Sat May 19, 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Sat May 19, 2018 4:49 pm

stop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1124

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Thu May 24, 2018 4:13 pm

@Charz wrote:
borderlands 2
skyrim

Bro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charz
Forum Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Thu May 24, 2018 6:57 pm

@VeryMelon wrote:
@Charz wrote:
borderlands 2
skyrim

Bro.

What is your problem Bro ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Would anyone be willing to play again? I'd go a few rounds in the arena if anyone's feels up to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 pm

@Rexir2 wrote:
Would anyone be willing to play again? I'd go a few rounds in the arena if anyone's feels up to it.

Once my computer gets fixed, I might.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5545

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 30, 2018 11:46 pm

such a shame im playing skyrim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   Wed May 30, 2018 11:55 pm

I'm playing Black Desert Online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate   

Back to top Go down

Someone's futile last ditch attempt to delay this game`s sad fate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com