Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:14 pm

ya see a circle rank using hd lily occasionally and have to wonder how they can have fun with that. i'm not sure how long it takes for a new player to build a arena ready bot but i imagine it'd be a long long while.

i play this game off a usb in my university's library and occasionally get random people interested, but i'm worried when they actually try it they'll never get to the flashy parts that caught their attention.

anyway, i think we need new starters that are already built, lvled, ex tuned, and drived. who do you think would be good to jump start the fun and make this game easier to try?

i'm thinking for lands it should be a hybrid, my top pick is lios gb, but i guess it'd be weird for a guardian to be a starter and only 1 of them. someone i discussed this with said abyss hu which seems alright, though i'm not too familiar with him.

i'm thinking for arts it should be one with both a homing and non-homing weapon. i was thinking that hammer miruru with the bazooka and cluster missile but was told a bikini warrior might not be a good first impression, so calin?

for airs i have no clue, we said frac girl so we can throw a alpha in the mix, maybe haruka or akane could work but i have no idea.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 pm

I used to think that AIRs are easier for starters.

I mean, they just need their basic movement stats,
enough hp and a functional weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StiJoLew
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Back around halloween I was recommending the HW mialy from coinshop as a starter bot, but that isn't available anymore. Good starter bots would prob be something long range so they can be sorta safe in backline, and that doesn't require heavy tuning to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11422

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:47 pm

>Bikini warrior a bad first impression
You can't CB if you want modest-looking girls

Mh, but starters, huh?

Mh, for ART, maybe Diana? Her default mode allows you to spam that homing and her unison mode is more of a manual aiming thing. She can also teach you a thing or two about tuning and the importance of knowing what to use when. Her su weapon list could proof too tricky for newcomers tho, but then again maybe that'd just add too the learn-how-to-get-decent. I never had a Calin. Maybe Gathima girl? She homes, she manuals and she'd even tempt players to buy another rocket launcher. Then again she'd probably ruin the fun for her targets...

For Air prolly Frac-chan, Harukana too hard to tune for beginners. Amlin comes to mind to, but she's fat, you'd have customization and possibly everything AIR, then again that dmg...

LND: one of the FC Ivis maybe? Or Abs Jikun Hu? Mikoto could work too, could...mh, dunno about HDG.

SUP: no idea, must they heal, or must they be disrupting???

Maybe they should just hand out the EO gang for LND/AIR/SUP and add an ART that fits into that category (is there an EO TBG I don't remember).

As for bots: AXIS, AXIS, AXIS and AXIS! Make it seem as if they'd pay attention to mecha!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:54 pm

I don't think Calin would be a good ART for starters, not even the old players know how to
play her properly. I think I am the best Calin user I have seem so far to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairlion
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:25 am

LND: Hanna Fritz
AIR: Saya / Himari
ART: Icy GL / Lisel Zweig if original version. Would recommend Fiona but she is CB2 crossover.

Bots: AXIS. No question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:36 am

@Fairlion wrote:
ART: Icy GL / Lisel Zweig

Seems solid enough imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elmatalast
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:01 am

Based on available stuffs for new player
Lnd : Lasker, Nora, Gisele
Art : Holx, Icy wool, Berz P, Lisel, Serieux
Air : None. They're dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 am

@Maelstrom wrote:
@Fairlion wrote:
ART: Icy GL / Lisel Zweig

Seems solid enough imo.
yep looks good, a nice mix of weapons

edit: and i forgot icy is a guardian again, but screw it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Sunny would be a good melee for starters too, she is pretty solid and has no complex or weird mechanics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 3088

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:10 pm

I personally think Therese could be quite fun as a starter gunner LND, or it's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZedEX-FedEX~
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 543

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm

No way they'd change it into anything new considering these are old characters that are often featured. Like, I'd better say that they should get a significantly buffed up version that gets deleted after a month passed since selecting starters. Update their handheld weapons AND lock them with tunes always on 100% chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elmatalast
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:51 pm

All the bots I've mentioned there are from DX Coin C shop. Every new accounts now get a dx coin c, so they can be count as starter bot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:20 pm

@elmatalast wrote:
All the bots I've mentioned there are from DX Coin C shop. Every new accounts now get a dx coin c, so they can be count as starter bot

They do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:33 pm

@elmatalast wrote:

didn't know they still did that, was also told it was for returning players rather than new ones. might still be good to get new starters selectable from the opening rather than have them search for anni area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charz
Forum Lurker

Male Posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:35 pm

It worth nothing that when someone sign up for this game he start always clueless the system throw him in the ark he choose with a bunch of bots with no info whatsoever and from that point he needs to figure out EVERYTHING by himself starting from playing to tuning to hidden mechanics to sekret techniques etc

If the person who started the game is kinda intelligent and a good observer he will need at least one year to figure out how the combat system works or maybe more depending on his mental capacity to understand and depend on how many players are willing to help him out but that is not always the case

My starter bots in my time were a jag a vanilla crim and hovarion and boy they were crap ass so under powered to the point of uselessness they only tough me how to get my ass whooped clean and in the end i had to spend RT to buy better robots from the shop that took me a year and a half

but as you all know in the end i reached a point where shop bots are no longer useful so like everyone else i tried my luck at the gara with catastrophic results most of the time but in the end i managed to assemble a fully tuned Rt moe combat cepable commando lily rain EVE Litia and ofc Resha and that took me 3 fucking years ...

Today noobs starts with HD bots the new crim the the new lily and a jikun  along with a bunch of mecha like Sagi and Aquilla which already cut them a long way to get started and with the tickets campaigns CS throws around every now and then they can get a bunch of moes for free which was not virtually possible in my old days

Compared to the past noobs are in a much better conditions they can take care of themselves with what the game offers now and really it kills the fun if you start strong in an RPG game and stripes from you the satisfaction of accomplishing anything like when you build a bot and call it your pride and joy

The game still do not explain itself so a lot of studying and reading on the forum is an order and a little bit of research which most people are not willing to do which is why most people leave anyways   on top of the fact that game do not offer any content outside of new moes every week

Last edited by Charz on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairlion
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:18 am

Don't what a noobie nowadays look like but:
+ 90 Rt every month compare to 50 before
+ 1 or 2 free gold ticket every month
+ Sometimes UC garapon
- More sketchy about Delight tickets (used to free like 60 every month)
- Most free reward now locks behind card campaign

Tl,dr: a fresh new account needs 3 months at least do nothing just to get a decent commando squad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:32 pm

card campaign must be hell for a new player... i'm imagining one managing to get hit by thermes's cannon or centurion's shot gun punch their 1st arena. that'd be a insane 1st impression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:00 pm

Aha, the good ol' days when I had to survive with nothing but a stock Winberrl with 2 handguns.
Then I had to rely on a vanilla Sylvia V.
It took me like what, 2 years? before I get an actually fully tuned bot (Lumiera).
She's only still useful because I gave her the Holx staff... and that's another year later.

Then the power creep keeps on coming and they don't stop coming to the point even my Minaria is now no longer what she's used to. My condolences to those poor souls who joined the game too late.

By the way,
@Fairlion wrote:
+ 90 Rt every month compare to 50 before

Where? I no longer focus on the game that much so I may have missed something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairlion
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Well, a battle cube which resets every 2 weeks has 20Rt in it.
However, seems CS is dropping that cube (no new cube in last month, 2 in CBJP) so we're back to 50 monthly again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoflWaffle
Eisai Haramasukoi
Eisai Haramasukoi

Male Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:02 pm

UC Rinka is probably a good option for newbies (except for farming 100k UC). She's super easy to tune (40 TEC) and her built-in range and escape can help her avoid arena bullies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alathon
Eisai Haramasukoi
Eisai   Haramasukoi

Male Posts : 509

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:48 am

- Implement weekly/bimonthly events that allow for some way to obtain "meta" units (Tickets, RT, coins, etc.)
- Improve Arcantus
- Make Torrencia permanent

But if you wanted a way to put a bandaid over a supremely imbalanced game, you'd give new players 3-5 coins to a shop with prebuilt "good" bots. This was a thing at some point I think. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 am

One free gara roll chance everyday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

something to keep them from feeding and let them escape from bad situations like:

LND: pina, machina kali, bikes, mizutama, misty hollow raven
AIR: monica wing, minaria, amlin, seraph FC, istina, munya, mialy type A
ART: ena, nerfed shop rinka, lumeria, Rouche, kagura, sasha
SUP: musicians, sup rouche, squidol girl EV,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:43 pm

@Alathon wrote:
- Implement weekly/bimonthly events that allow for some way to obtain "meta" units (Tickets, RT, coins, etc.)
- Improve Arcantus
- Make Torrencia permanent

But if you wanted a way to put a bandaid over a supremely imbalanced game, you'd give new players 3-5 coins to a shop with prebuilt "good" bots. This was a thing at some point I think. Maybe.

the coin deal just makes me imagine more alt spammers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?   

Back to top Go down

this game needs new prebuilt starters, who'd be good?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com