Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

About installing drives early

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xiao Wei
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: About installing drives early   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 am

Hi, I'd like to know if I can continue leveling my character normally after maxing the drive level. Accidentally used a boost drive at level 6 thoarla and I'd like to know if I absolutely have to use another 30k to remove it.....and buy it again next time...

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5560

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:16 am

U fucked up, you can't level them up any more after u drive,

spend 30K to remove it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xiao Wei
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:30 am

Well that's unfortunate. And annoying. There are zero warnings about this ingame and sparse warnings on the forum... thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5560

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:48 am

@Xiao Wei wrote:
Well that's unfortunate. And annoying. There are zero warnings about this ingame and sparse warnings on the forum... thanks!

there a warning in the guide to Drives which is literally the only place you will see a warning towards drive.

since you can't really expect a forum to have bunch of people saying " remember to level first then drive " when 99% of the community already knows.... plus to be fair you should had did your research a bit more thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xiao Wei
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:57 am

@Sakura1 wrote:
@Xiao Wei wrote:

there a warning in the guide to Drives which is literally the only place you will see a warning towards drive.

since you can't really expect a forum to have bunch of people saying " remember to level first then drive " when 99% of the community already knows.... plus to be fair you should had did your research a bit more thoroughly.

Not trying to be a dick here, but that's exactly what I mean by there being sparse warnings. One warning, which I have yet to find in any video or even the main drive guide. The guide lists what the carts do, not that you should max your bot first. It's my oversight, yes, but there is literally zero info saying I should max my bot first. Unless you count forum posts here and there.

And I did do my research. There simply isn't much to do about it if the official website doesn't warn, the game doesn't warn, and the guide -probably- warns once somewhere in the thread (and everyone else won't ever mention it because it's "common knowledge" that everyone should somehow know the moment they start the game).

Still, appreciate the reply. Now I can remove the drive with "peace of mind".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11428

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:16 am

We don't have many newcomers these days, so we often don't consider things when we write them down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:24 am

@Zwiebel Force wrote:
We don't have many newcomers these days, so we often don't consider things when we write them down.

I think this is the big thing. Cyberstep does a piss poor job of making any new content with new player clarity in mind and the community just assumes next to no new players will be joining when you recognize the names of everyone in your lobby everyday, day in and day out... so a lot of what could be considered the basics don't even occur to a guide maker to include.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Xiao Wei
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:00 am

@Kitouski wrote:
@Zwiebel Force wrote:

I think this is the big thing. Cyberstep does a piss poor job of making any new content with new player clarity in mind and the community just assumes next to no new players will be joining when you recognize the names of everyone in your lobby everyday, day in and day out... so a lot of what could be considered the basics don't even occur to a guide maker to include.

Understandable and yet depressing to think about. Though I doubt Cyberstep would bother to do anything about it at this point. Thanks for both of your your inputs on the matter!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:05 am

sakura's a cuck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11428

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am

@Xiao Wei wrote:
@Kitouski wrote:
@Zwiebel Force wrote:

Understandable and yet depressing to think about. Though I doubt Cyberstep would bother to do anything about it at this point. Thanks for both of your your inputs on the matter!
They never did anything about it tbh. They always just posted the new features in the update notes and nowadays half of the mechanics are like lost, because obviously you don't dig through 7 years of update notes. I think they should have done more stuff like back when Alcy got released: she has a text on her HD (which doesn't do anything itself) that explains her buff mechanics. A lot of bots could have used little notes like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xiao Wei
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:38 am

@Zwiebel Force wrote:
They never did anything about it tbh. They always just posted the new features in the update notes and nowadays half of the mechanics are like lost, because obviously you don't dig through 7 years of update notes. I think they should have done more stuff like back when Alcy got released: she has a text on her HD (which doesn't do anything itself) that explains her buff mechanics. A lot of bots could have used little notes like that.

WHAT? You're right, that would be amazing for all bots! I didn't know real obvious things, like how Lisel reloads different ammo into her cannon by pressing A or D. Thought it was reloading early that did it until I stumbled upon the info somewhere... And this would be so simple to implement, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xiao Wei
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:43 am

@NeedCheeseCake wrote:
sakura's a cuck

Laughing like someone else has said, the usual community doesn't have to deal with newbies very often so.... I can understand to an extent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 pm

hello , its me

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xiao Wei
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:39 pm

@Isdelft wrote:
hello , its me

Oh, I know. I checked it again after someone said there was a warning.

On my first three readings, I never expected "make sure to level your bots as your plan before use drives" to mean "you will not be able to continue leveling your bots normally after installing a drive".

I'm not saying it's the guy's fault. But if I could rewrite the thing just to remove all the ambiguous-looking stuff, I would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About installing drives early   

Back to top Go down

About installing drives early
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com