Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 455

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:52 am

@Charz wrote:
Once you take the cosmic drug you become addicted to the point of no return and it will take over your life

Jokes aside there are still people who have a peculiar love / hate relationship with CB for its hidden potential and uniqueness in gameplay compared to other MMOS which is ironically the sole points of praise for this game that also have massive balancing and player segregation issues which non paying players still suffers from to this day with varying degrees depending on which point of time they entered the game

On the other hand the server seems to be down and the critical fail message pop up for me as well but you know let CS screw up as much as they like because in the end of the day it is in our best interest to harvest the benfi i mean compensations

Yeah, I had that love/hate relationship with CB in a big way.

From the start, my interest in the game was solely based on "customizing & creating your own mechs" -- meanwhile, most other players were weebs, illiterate, just there for the lolis, or something in between. A lot of content was tailored to them, and, after checking out some recent images, it looks like people interested in 'mechs' got pretty shafted.

Aside from that though, my biggest issue for years was balance. Cyberstep and its employees seemed to relish and double down on imbalance, celebrating the most broken content, starting with Aquila Girl, then Resha+Eris, and probably some things after that that I missed. If I recall correctly, it took months and months of waiting until Resha or Eris were nerfed to any noticable degree. Sadly for me, I still wanted to play my little mech game, and somewhere in CosmicBreak that game existed, so I took the bad with the good.

I miss you guys, though. I recognize all these names I see here. Just decided I'd give CB a final visit. I'm going to screencap all my bots and save them to a folder soon, because I might not get a chance to do that in the future (I really didn't expect the game to still be around 3 years ago). It blows my mind that the sequel to CosmicBreak came and went and THIS is still kicking. Literally how? Is it a handful of whales keeping the game afloat? It felt like the game died forever ago.

Rambling at this point, but, man, there's so much I remember. I remember Diabolical killing me and saying "it's personnel, kid...", and I even remember my first match... Mach Knight on that racing track level that only OGs would remember... That was like, 7 years ago I think. I'm glad I took so many captures when I did play, I've been going through all my old pics. This game was the brightest, darkest time in my life.

... Really wish the updater would finish, keeps freezing on me. Need one final taste.

If you remember me you can add me on Steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997895841/ ), I usually play pirated games so I'm not actually on it much, but yeah whatever.

Here's a pic of me now at age 23 https://i.imgur.com/KrHBW1b.png as you can see I've really become a full-fledged adult!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:26 am

^ the game isn't working at the moment, since early Thursday. when you manage to try the game again brace yourself for status effects(buffs and debuffs) and barriers i guess, oh and you might be surprised by people's attack range.the average HP and movement speed went up too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5513

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:03 am

basically everything moving at 10x since you last played? oh and the amount of bullets increase quite a bit.... its almost impossible to get not hit near no mans land.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4837

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:17 am

I know this is probably a dumb question, but what is so special about SBC cannons?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Silvershine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 406

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:00 am

That moment when an old friend wants to play cosmic break again and asks me about it. But he came to the wrong moment when server is buggy =w= so yeh he joined and is now unable to log back in as well 'w'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nightforest.deviantart.com
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:10 am

@Alpherior wrote:
@Charz wrote:
Once you take the cosmic drug you become addicted to the point of no return and it will take over your life

Jokes aside there are still people who have a peculiar love / hate relationship with CB for its hidden potential and uniqueness in gameplay compared to other MMOS which is ironically the sole points of praise for this game that also have massive balancing and player segregation issues which non paying players still suffers from to this day with varying degrees depending on which point of time they entered the game

On the other hand the server seems to be down and the critical fail message pop up for me as well but you know let CS screw up as much as they like because in the end of the day it is in our best interest to harvest the benfi i mean compensations

Yeah, I had that love/hate relationship with CB in a big way.

From the start, my interest in the game was solely based on "customizing & creating your own mechs" -- meanwhile, most other players were weebs, illiterate, just there for the lolis, or something in between. A lot of content was tailored to them, and, after checking out some recent images, it looks like people interested in 'mechs' got pretty shafted.

Aside from that though, my biggest issue for years was balance. Cyberstep and its employees seemed to relish and double down on imbalance, celebrating the most broken content, starting with Aquila Girl, then Resha+Eris, and probably some things after that that I missed. If I recall correctly, it took months and months of waiting until Resha or Eris were nerfed to any noticable degree. Sadly for me, I still wanted to play my little mech game, and somewhere in CosmicBreak that game existed, so I took the bad with the good.

I miss you guys, though. I recognize all these names I see here. Just decided I'd give CB a final visit. I'm going to screencap all my bots and save them to a folder soon, because I might not get a chance to do that in the future (I really didn't expect the game to still be around 3 years ago). It blows my mind that the sequel to CosmicBreak came and went and THIS is still kicking. Literally how? Is it a handful of whales keeping the game afloat? It felt like the game died forever ago.

Rambling at this point, but, man, there's so much I remember. I remember Diabolical killing me and saying "it's personnel, kid...", and I even remember my first match... Mach Knight on that racing track level that only OGs would remember... That was like, 7 years ago I think. I'm glad I took so many captures when I did play, I've been going through all my old pics. This game was the brightest, darkest time in my life.

... Really wish the updater would finish, keeps freezing on me. Need one final taste.

If you remember me you can add me on Steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997895841/ ), I usually play pirated games so I'm not actually on it much, but yeah whatever.

Here's a pic of me now at age 23 https://i.imgur.com/KrHBW1b.png as you can see I've really become a full-fledged adult!

"This profile is private" you negro. Also you better get a bulk gatling for that baron or I'll be very disappoint. I don't think the meta is worth coming back to for that long by the way. Play afew matches just to see what it's like, then realize it's unplayable unless you have the hottest clickspam units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:42 am

@NeedCheeseCake wrote:
Play afew matches just to see what it's like, then realize it's unplayable unless you have the hottest clickspam units.

this is not 100% true
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 455

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:16 am

@NeedCheeseCake wrote:
"This profile is private" you negro. Also you better get a bulk gatling for that baron or I'll be very disappoint. I don't think the meta is worth coming back to for that long by the way. Play afew matches just to see what it's like, then realize it's unplayable unless you have the hottest clickspam units.

Ye my dude. You can still add it to friends though.

tbh that's actually an old pic of Accelnasty, current ver. has this smaller gatling I think. It came later to the game and had really low ammo but it was okay because my new body was the gatling Scaregant so I switched to that gatling if it ever ran out.

But yeah, that's all I'm planning -- Just a match or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 3086

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:22 am

@Maelstrom wrote:
@NeedCheeseCake wrote:
Play afew matches just to see what it's like, then realize it's unplayable unless you have the hottest clickspam units.

this is not 100% true

Agreed. My Thoarla is STILL unplayable because I haven't even started tuning her yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairlion
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:03 am

@NeedCheeseCake wrote:
it's unplayable unless you have the hottest clickspam units.

Sure... Oh wait they are from last year.
Rinka now is noob-friendly score farmer and she's 2013 bot
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 am

I farmed this campaign using my melees (Killica, Mercurio, Paladin, Kuhl 131), Therese, Hanna,
Minaria and sometimes Karin depending on enemy team and map.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:30 pm

@Fairlion wrote:
@NeedCheeseCake wrote:

Spoiler:

yeah because they buffed her. if it isn't buffed it's outdated. use a fucking gathima salmson then tell me that 2010 - 2013 units are relevant. there's very few exceptions so don't bother bringing shit up like lily rain eve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:05 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:
I farmed this campaign using my melees (Killica, Mercurio, Paladin, Kuhl 131), Therese, Hanna,
Minaria and sometimes Karin depending on enemy team and map.

@Fairlion wrote:
@NeedCheeseCake wrote:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Whoever are expecting to use crimroses, WBGs, frog landers, handy zooks and still be effective
with it, just go fuck off, pretty please.

Also, yes, you will have much more advantage over other stuff if playing D.Thoarla, Alice, Aletta,
Rynka, Vermelho or maybe Bapho, but saying you need to have one of these is pretty much exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:18 pm

buff chloe's wonder bit! and give litia a form of boost regain, maybe buff her tail's attack.

i think gundrive really helped increase the usage of certain bots
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11390

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Most recent unit in my main is GN Girl (or at least I think she is) and I can't deny that I feel like the worst deadweight of my team at times. Then again I lost pretty much all motivation about CB ever since ZERO Thoarla, so maybe I really just lack the drive.

But then again, yes, expecting to do much with 7 year old units/builds is a bit out of this world (considering how many mecha/moe we got over the years). I mean it's not like they never added anything new to UC shop/drop charts, or angel coins, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:
Whoever are expecting to use crimroses, WBGs, frog landers, handy zooks and still be effective
with it, just go fuck off, pretty please.

Also, yes, you will have much more advantage over other stuff if playing D.Thoarla, Alice, Aletta,
Rynka, Vermelho or maybe Bapho, but saying you need to have one of these is pretty much exaggeration.

yes because those are clearly the only broken units out right now.

let's do simple maths

1 broken unit x 20 releases = 20 broken units, multiply that by the amount of people who have 1 broken unit (at least) and the amount of people who only play broken shit and you have a pretty fucking toxic arena.

also multiply that by the amount of DX coin lineups, limited UC garas, victory order lineups, etc.

sure, only call out the 4 or 5 most broken units, there's still a fuckton of erises and reshas running around the further solidify this wasteland of a meta.

and this is coming from a person who has fully tuned 2010 units, dont fuck with me on this. (not you personally, but people in general)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:03 pm

I never know what are u guys talking about when you guys start talking about "broken stuff"...

It's like you are saying everything is broken, so by that logic, the game is actually balanced then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:
I never know what are u guys talking about when you guys start talking about "broken stuff"...

It's like you are saying everything is broken, so by that logic, the game is actually balanced then.

...ok let me break it down.

you have broken units multiplied by how easy they are to obtain multiplied by how many times they get rereleased.

also we're going to see even MORE of them during the anniversary update.

so, let's say this game only had ONE really super powerful retard unit, but if you rerelease that unit over 20 times in various ways (free 1 slotted, free 3 slotted, paid 3slotted, etc) then you'll understand why people say why the meta is so fucked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Shit started at the invaders event, but I feel like it was worse before, when we had 1 berz
user alone fucking the whole room because no one had a shit to stop it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:
Shit started at the invaders event, but I feel like it was worse before, when we had 1 berz
user alone fucking the whole room because no one had a shit to stop it.

Issue wasn't Berz but her users being Mexicans, Indos and BRs lagging like shit which made it easy for them to lagloop out of anything and hard for others to get their shit to register (Berz wasn't even popular at first, it took weeks if not more for people to get her and learn how to use her shit). Plus reignition doesn't help in certain maps and when people aren't smart enough to bait her out of the advantage point or leave her there to rot and waste her ammo, though in many cases it's just not possible to do so because they would either lose control of relevant sections of the map or there was just no place left to backpedal (which is an issue when the game has no balance, 1 team easily pushes the other to the spawn and usually it's just a waste of time to even play the game at that point, though some times it's possible to win due to the sheer stupidity of the winning team and their players knowing nothing more than spamming right click which leads to them dying for BP values much higher than the BP value of their victims).

What's that compared to a bot with a barrier that requires 10 hits to be destroyed which completely obliterated everything that wasn't an alpha bot because it was just impossible to get rid of the barrier and do enough damage with a single weapon bot. And I'm pretty sure the barrier also made it impossible to stun as well. Good thing that shit was nerfed, too bad it wasn't enough and the game still wastes 99% of it's content because of the powercreep meta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuwakomoriya
Sosogu's Dilemma
Sosogu's Dilemma

Male Posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:45 am

I like trying to carry a whole team of dumbasses who feeds faster than i could kill, and then lose cuz i died last while costing 3k+ bp because i'm actually good at the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:57 am

@NeedCheeseCake wrote:

let's do simple maths

1 broken unit x 20 releases = 20 broken units, multiply that by the amount of people who have 1 broken unit (at least) and the amount of people who only play broken shit and you have a pretty fucking toxic arena.

also multiply that by the amount of DX coin lineups, limited UC garas, victory order lineups, etc.

sure, only call out the 4 or 5 most broken units, there's still a fuckton of erises and reshas running around the further solidify this wasteland of a meta.

and this is coming from a person who has fully tuned 2010 units, dont fuck with me on this. (not you personally, but people in general)

Turns out no matter how many times you rerelease Homura she still dies to melee damage.

You say "only call out the 4 or 5 most broken units" and then precede to list even more and how easy they are to get because that list was too small. Seems like everyone can get them and there are a lot of them. Pretty sure we can easily get a list of 30 unique bots that could be considered "broken", totally enough for a full and diverse arena room! Sounds like we solved the free-to-play player gripes of 2012 by giving them to everyone and everyone having options!

I see you with your catch phrases like "simple maths" Ajit Pai, I ain't falling for your ponzi scheme. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Kitouski on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

Male Posts : 2783

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2374

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:10 am

@Kitouski wrote:
@NeedCheeseCake wrote:

let's do simple maths

Turns out no matter how many times you rerelease Homura she still dies to melee damage.

You say "only call out the 4 or 5 most broken units" and then precede to list even more and how easy they are to get because that list was too small. Seems like everyone can get them and there are a lot of them. Pretty sure we can easily get a list of 30 unique bots that could be considered "broken", totally enough for a full and diverse arena room! Sounds like we solved the free-to-play player gripes of 2012 by giving them to everyone and everyone having options!

I see you with your catch phrases like "simple maths" Ajit Pai, I ain't falling for your ponzi scheme. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not all use those broken bots though. Because, boring as fck and no fun at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   

Back to top Go down

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?
Page 5 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum