Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Frame freezing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
Solar Fuzz Cat
Solar Fuzz Cat

Male Posts : 1041

PostSubject: Frame freezing   Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:35 am

This is something I've lived with every time I've touched Cosmicbreak but watching other people play in arena and not just free fall to the ground and die for no reason makes me wonder if there is some method people have come up with that helps lessen this bullshit that's probably associated with the game memory leaking like crazy. I get full second to two second complete seize ups no less than at least 5 times a game, usually more. This is literally the only game this happens on too, computer is fine, internet is fine. (Unless having an AMD rig makes a difference) Is there any thing people do to make it so the game doesn't feel near impossible to play?

inb4 the cure is play a game that isn't shit.

Edit: Also, am I just not allowed to change my avatar anymore?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Frame freezing   Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 am

Playing on laptop? the most fps i get on this game are 15fps I have a i7 2.4Ghz 8gb ram 64 bit 1tb memory 2013 laptop this should be enough to run smooth this 2008 cartoony game but for some reason it isnt those 15fps turn in to 5fps when there's too much stuff on screen. I have tried changing the graphical setting in game but i notice absolutely no difference no matter what i change. I think the culprit is the 2.4ghz processor I think you need at least a 3.5ghz computer to run this game at 30+ fps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frizz
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1799

PostSubject: Re: Frame freezing   Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:41 pm

This game needs a really good CPU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2994

PostSubject: Re: Frame freezing   Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:17 pm

@Esequienes? wrote:
I think the culprit is the 2.4ghz processor I think you need at least a 3.5ghz computer to run this game at 30+ fps.
This is correct. My CPU came stock at 3.5 GHz and it was able to do 60 fps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Solar Fuzz Cat
Solar Fuzz Cat

Male Posts : 1041

PostSubject: Re: Frame freezing   Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 pm

I guess to dump specs I have a 4.0 GHz FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 12gb of RAM and a Radeon R9 series graphics card with 4gb dedicated memory... so I'd be shocked if it was a hardware issue. I've just kind of chocked it up to it being a duct tape game in Java ready to explode at any moment. Also to clarify, I don't necessary have frame rate issues; when it's running it's running perfectly fine. Every 30 seconds to a minute or so (especially in arena) everything just locks up for a full second, sometimes even resulting in a complete game crash, although that part is rare. Everything up to that point and before that point is problem free, it's just that one minute I'm playing the game and the next right after these freezes I'm plummeting to the ground/dead because everything froze up for that moment.

Honestly still prepared for this to be "the norm" and to accept this as a consequence of deciding to play this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2994

PostSubject: Re: Frame freezing   Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:54 pm

CB hates AMD CPUs for some bizarre reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shidokun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 977

PostSubject: Re: Frame freezing   Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:54 am

Cyberstep had a deal with Nvidia xdd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame freezing   

Back to top Go down

Frame freezing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forums hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum