Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:32 pm

what damage type are they? what are some good ones? anything you wanna say about them, cause i've been avoiding them like crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:04 pm

The only good stand alone psygun I know is Asphe's. Psyguns are generally better for alpha strike.

Some psyguns are shell, some are blast and some are beam.

The only thing worth tunning on psyguns are force and range.

This is just what I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 pm

The damage type depends on the psygun. Psyguns are generally not good for primary weapons due to the range creep and any psygun that is good is either used as a sidearm or part of an alpha build.

Armada AM - alpha - beam
Psycho Formula AM6 - alpha - shell/blast?
Albatreos HD - single/alpha - shell
Psycho Formula HD4 - single - shell/blast?

Note that Albatreos HD has some of the best tracking out of all the psyguns. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11428

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:14 pm

"Good" ones depends on what you want to do with them. Some of them are really useful, others are almost unusable because of what they're attached to (i.e.: Lily Lain Le Reve).

Most are based on shell, some have blast to them, some don't, there're also variants with a beam-type bullet.

Travel speed is related to target's travel speed, which means that you can sorta ignore speed tunes and use range/dmg/other (=sometimes weapon slots still get blue tunes). Speaking of ignorance: they tend to ignore anti-homing. If they do not hit at the range you want them to work at, you will have to enhace their bullets though.

I think at this point most psyguns are used in alpha setups. If you can't find any in the arena that's probably because they don't appear on anything popular/cuz people can no longer make their own alphags and just rely on copy pasting (or sticking a meme-BS onto it).

May I ask why you avoid them like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frizz
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1965

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Y-Yeah cuz Lily cant tune her Psyguns right?
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 pm

More like cuz Le Reve has brain-melting tiny capa to work with. Do you even want people to frankenstein your sweet flower?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frizz
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Oh right. You're right.
Also Dia did you make you Genbura fly based this time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CxM
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 pm

@Zwiebel Force wrote:

Travel speed is related to target's travel speed, which means that you can sorta ignore speed tunes and use range/dmg/other (=sometimes weapon slots still get blue tunes). Speaking of ignorance: they tend to ignore anti-homing. If they do not hit at the range you want them to work at, you will have to enhace their bullets though.

May I ask why you avoid them like that?

well for the longest time i didn't bother with alpha builds and using a psygun by itself made me feel like there were targets i just couldn't hit reliably so i didn't mess around with them much since.

i can sorta ignore speed tunes ya say? so don't bother with them or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frizz
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Yah you can ignore speed tunes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Speed tunes doesn't even affect payguns from what I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5560

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:22 pm

it should only affect the first phrase then it will just ignore the speed tunes once it gets to its second stage ( from testing asphe psygun with speed tunes )

but yea just range/force
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Don't forget Valiant Axeler's psyguns. It's one of the most damaging and best tracking that I've seen in the game. As most psyguns have 10-15 force, the Axeler's psyguns has a whopping 25.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:38 am

Iirc a long time ago somebody suggested speed tunes on Fiona's to make them more reliable with hitting targets at a certain range, but that's the only exception I remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 3090

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 am

I may never understand how to use Asphe's psygun the way it's meant to be played.

The only time where I actually used a psygun in a serious matter is when an alpha bot calls for more range. Like, Hygerkun BS2 or Psycho Formula AMJ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:21 pm

@Kuzuha wrote:
Don't forget Valiant Axeler's psyguns. It's one of the most damaging and best tracking that I've seen in the game. As most psyguns have 10-15 force, the Axeler's psyguns has a whopping 25.
Psycho Formula AM6 has the same force with way more ammo and isn't locked to a transforming bot.
I would've mentioned Valiant's psygun but the transform limitation makes it unable to compare to the others.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 am

Diabolical wrote:
@Kuzuha wrote:
Psycho Formula AM6 has the same force with way more ammo and isn't locked to a transforming bot.
I would've mentioned Valiant's psygun but the transform limitation makes it unable to compare to the others.

Which variant is this? o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:51 am

roar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?   

Back to top Go down

what do you know about psyguns? how do you tune them?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com