Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CxM
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:57 pm

i got sick of just clicking stuff and i usually hit a hard grind wall in online games, also i tend to commit to bad builds. i used to play a game called dragon saga, it was a beat em up , and the only stat people cared about was dex and agi for auto dodge, i ended up having more hp and def as the thief class than the paladins...

i like the action and switching characters i can throw together alot quicker, also no evade stat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5205

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:04 am

lol Im alll about Agility and Attack with the rest on HP and def
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3756

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:21 am

Raniko wrote:
Just heard someone back at FB mentioning that one of the hooks was the fact that you are capable to make YOUR in game OC/identity and YOU main it. Also there's a sense of achievement also when building.

Bot building was a hook for a lot of people at the start of this game. Now? Ha. Between locked part nonsense, power creeps, core gimmick focused garbage, you can probably count players left in this game that ACTUALLY do any real bot building with one hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairlion
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 am

>locked part
Easier to tune
>power creep
Name one game doesnt have powercreep
>gimmick
When every bots have 40 STR / 38 WLK or 40 TEC / 38 FLY, gimmick makes different

If real bot building = slap 70+$ in harmonic + slot protect / grind mate quest / wait for event just because I dont have 3s spare parts, I agree.

The huge gap between old and new player is the issue. A fresh start player has nothing, stucks with 2011 tier UC shop bot and has to wait 2+ months for a playable commando, facing a full tune team from veteran players or YOLO 30+$ from the start ... You know the answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Raniko

Male Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 am

reVelske wrote:
Raniko wrote:
Just heard someone back at FB mentioning that one of the hooks was the fact that you are capable to make YOUR in game OC/identity and YOU main it. Also there's a sense of achievement also when building.

Bot building was a hook for a lot of people at the start of this game. Now? Ha. Between locked part nonsense, power creeps, core gimmick focused garbage, you can probably count players left in this game that ACTUALLY do any real bot building with one hand.

**whistling while I'm enjoying on my destructor with a heckton of sub missiles that has single shooter and still shooter privilege**
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 am

Fairlion wrote:
>locked part
Easier to tune
That is not necessarily the case, it's far easier to brute force it on easily acquirable 3s parts than it is messing with locked parts. And point remains that it limits the building aspect.

Fairlion wrote:
>power creep
Perhaps you want to rephrase that question.

Fairlion wrote:
>gimmick
When every bots have 40 STR / 38 WLK or 40 TEC / 38 FLY, gimmick makes different
Core gimmicks have been pigeonholing builds for the longest time, rather than offering something supplementary to everything else the game has to offer.

Fairlion wrote:
If real bot building = slap 70+$ in harmonic + slot protect / grind mate quest / wait for event just because I dont have 3s spare parts, I agree.
Now you are just talking out of your bumbum.

Fairlion wrote:
The huge gap between old and new player is the issue. A fresh start player has nothing, stucks with 2011 tier UC shop bot and has to wait 2+ months for a playable commando, facing a full tune team from veteran players or YOLO 30+$ from the start ... You know the answer.
"The issue" to what? What are you even arguing about anymore? You are preaching to the 70yo senile and dying choir .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairlion
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:17 am

Eh, what are we arguing about?

I re-started with a new account right after last Torencia ended (played in 2011, stopped in 2015 then didn't even remember both ID and PW). Strugged in every aspect (UC, bot, part, tune up mats ...) until 6th anniversary event.

Im talking as a "new player" wants to join the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:56 am

There are myriads of problems with this game since the beginning of time that has killed player retention, everyone's well aware of it, it is part of what left this game in its current sorry state. The point of the thread, however, is about the completely opposite: what's keeping the few people around to maintain this game's undead state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2248

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:16 am

The waifus. #em3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Quote :
>power creep

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 am

reVelske wrote:
KEEP people playing? Years of invested money and time, as well as the false sense of "I'M GOOD AT A VIDEO GAME" via the emptying of wallet.

I'm pretty sure I've sunk a good amount of that and that sure hasn't stopped me from quitting this kusoge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 am

Should go without saying that mileage may vary, and how much other things in life are present to drag you away from the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com