Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nebel

Male Posts : 53

PostSubject: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Cosmic League EN will close soon. IMO it's because it's just a slower version of CB but what do you think keeps people playing this game for so long? I believe there should be some legit reason besides CS churning out moe bots to milk weebs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3755

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:19 am

KEEP people playing? Years of invested money and time, as well as the false sense of "I'M GOOD AT A VIDEO GAME" via the emptying of wallet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11142

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am

@reVelske wrote:
...Years of invested money and time...
Mainly this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:19 am

Quote :
What keeps CB alive?

YOU do I love you

NOT. This cheap server is dirt cheap to maintain. We are just getting the translated content of CBJP so the only money they have to spend in CBEN is a translator. In other words CBJP is keeping CBEN alive when CBJP fails so do we.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5130

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 am

@Zwiebel Force wrote:
@reVelske wrote:
...Years of invested money and time...
Mainly this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2911

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:27 pm

anime

@reVelske wrote:
KEEP people playing? Years of invested money and time, as well as the false sense of "I'M GOOD AT A VIDEO GAME" via the emptying of wallet.
I don't know man. I put in a little over 400 bux and over 9000 hours and I abruptly uninstalled because it just isn't fun anymore.
People continue to play because CB is very unique and can be fun if you can tolerate the current state of the game. Maybe there are some who won't give up the game due to sunk time/money, but I doubt that's the case for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Beatrix
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 pm

for me is the characters design and gameplay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4216

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm

I like the game, the only really bad things imo are the
lag and the lack of balance...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3755

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:19 pm

@Diabolical wrote:
I don't know man. I put in a little over 400 bux and over 9000 hours and I abruptly uninstalled because it just isn't fun anymore.

Everyone reaches that point sooner or later. So yeah, the investment isn't the only factor, there has to be another hook, but I'm sure it is a common factor for most who have been around for the long haul. What it will do, however, is get people to come back after quitting/long hiatus, or at least, in the case of me and many others I'd imagine, fire it up on random occasion to just mess around with for a bit here and there. Despite the continuous power creep, the game is surprisingly easy to pick up and play even after long hiatus, and there are still fun to be had even when it is an uphill battle against power creep... well, with the right mindset and good understanding of the game, at least.

The other hook obviously varies between people: unique gameplay, animu, tits, friends, ease-of-play, personal garage.

What I'd love to know is what is the new player retention rate for this game and how do the Rt charge rate distribution look like between older whales and new players. I'd like to think that most current whales/dedicated players are people who were around when the game still had some glimmer of hope for improvement. When the game cemented its downfall around the time of Initium, it's already too late to leave, and these whales carried this zombie of a game to this day whilst only the dumbest and the most desperate weeb children would join the game and actually stick around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

Male Posts : 2733

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:59 pm

haven't spend a single cent on this game, last offer I did was like in early 2012, and, considering this game has to support a team of devs in japan AND a bunch of gaijins...it's probably a yakuza money laundering front. Because not even all the advertisement fraud people here do or Vietnigger could afford to support at least a couple of dozen of japs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Video offers got remove tnx to the indos abusing them to sell illegal rt 500rt for $10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:17 pm

@Esequienes? wrote:
Video offers got remove tnx to the indos abusing them to sell illegal rt 500rt for $10.

u do know it wasn't the video offers but a regular offer which seemed to have been the source of large income these shitty indo's kept it themself and only spoke of it via indo language :V

just getting such information was hard enouhg; w ;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frizz
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1682

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:47 pm

If you got some info don't forget to share (´ω`)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Raniko

Male Posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Just heard someone back at FB mentioning that one of the hooks was the fact that you are capable to make YOUR in game OC/identity and YOU main it. Also there's a sense of achievement also when building. Dunno about you guys, since most of the time I read some build posting from you guys, I don't seem to feel that you're proud with the build achievement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Yes, I have such achievment feel when I finish building something
and see it working, especially if it's something different from the usual...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:01 pm

I see no reward in building a bot that I don't enjoy seeing visually,

I only enjoy using cute things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11142

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I hardly ever feel like I did anything, build wise. Just like I spent a lot of time/money on a game that keeps disappointing me.

I don't know any game that doesn't allow you to leave an impression, except for stuff that doesn't feature much IG-communication, but if you play something like that, that should be a pro, not a contra.

Come to think of it: I didn't look for new games to play in ages. I'm too lazy to move out xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:59 pm

@Sakura1 wrote:
I see no reward in building a bot that I don't enjoy seeing visually

that too
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Raniko

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:38 pm

@Zwiebel Force wrote:

Come to think of it: I didn't look for new games to play in ages. I'm too lazy to move out xD

Partially same. I neglected my anime watching and manga reading on this and almost neglected my "drawing" due to CB. Tho at least I managed to figure out stuff on how to deal with this. But well the neglecting of watching new anime, finding other games to (subconsciously boost ego) and reading manga is a blessing to me tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteTofuMagic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Once up on a time, a guy told me CB is like an abusive ex girl friend you keep coming back to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Raniko

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 pm

@WhiteTofuMagic wrote:
Once up on a time, a guy told me CB is like an abusive ex girl friend you keep coming back to.

Oh my god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairlion
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Last time I searched an MMO to play was around 2011 then stick with CB and another MMO.
2012-2016: Mobages and Handheld
Tried Overwatch because it looks similar to CB but uninstalled after 6 hours.
Maybe I'm a huge weeb?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:57 pm

I don't search my MMOs, they just come at me. The last ones
were PSO2 and PokeMMO and I still play them, I am just not playing
atm for the same reason I am not playing CB (fucked pc)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:15 pm

I unistalled Pso2 bc I got pretty bored by myself plus it got fucked so I quit on fixing in, I tried league of legends got bored and quit it gets too old I would like a good rpg

but pso2 was the only one which really gave me a fun time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

Male Posts : 7867

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:25 pm

"What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?"

Whales.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?   

Back to top Go down

What do you think is the thing that keeps CB alive?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum