Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Female Posts : 755

PostSubject: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:01 am

I never thought much of it since up to now i was able to play fine just getting 40/38 stats on the bots i used, but there are plenty of things that the wiki doesn't really explain about the game mechanics...

About WLK and tiers...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SBgAJ9W6tNNpSzVKCYq_pUnPcWJS7bk1OO_FwNjvW6w/edit#gid=0

These WLK tiers.

Do they only affect boost gauge depletion rate or do they also affect the speed of a robot?

Do all types can achieve the exact same speed, given that they do have the same stats?

About TGH and types...

Does TGH affect all types in the exact same way?

I have been thinking in making a full TGH/HP SUP unit, seeing that my role would be to support party and that a higher survivability against enemy attacks would mean i would support party for a higher time.

However, i read TGH doesn't affect all units equally in terms of defense?

Would SUP (and maybe ART) benefit from TGH in the same way other types would?

About buffs and cartridges...

There are plenty of ways to get buffs.

Core tune that gives all-guard depending a certain movement action criteria.
Core tune that gives all-guard depending the current HP of your bot.
Slot tune that gives all-guard.

But what if you already have the 3 cartridges?

All-guard grants you the 4th one but my point is...does that overlap with the 3 cartridges, meaning you just end getting 1 guard cartridge effect since you already have the other 3? Or is the effect of the other 3 strengthened a little too, to compensate?

Last edited by Fleur on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3583

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:12 am

boost run tiers only affect speed and lnds are faster than other units.

it's said that the difference between lnds and other non lnd units are exactly one tier, for example,
what would be red tier for a lnd will be orange for other units, so, you would need 38/10 for a non
lnd in order to have the same speed as a 38/1 lnd, that's why most boost run art builds are 38/10.
I can't confirm if this is 100% true tho, but must be.

TGH is the same for everyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 am

the all guard status is a % damage reduction that stacks with guard carts. It does not grant you guard carts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 2403

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Just curious, what's the damage reduction for All Guard and what's the new damage reduction for each of the respective guard carts after All Guard stack?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Female Posts : 755

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 pm

I wonder if full TGH/HP builds are plausible/relevant in the current meta for a SUP class.

@Winty wrote:
the all guard status is a % damage reduction that stacks with guard carts. It does not grant you guard carts.

Ah, wiki lied to me again.

"All Guard: Grants the effects of all four Guard cartridges, no matter what type of bot you're using."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3583

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:23 pm

I guess it means that it gives the same effects as the carts and also stacks with the carts you have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:04 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:
I guess it means that it gives the same effects as the carts and also stacks with the carts you have.

Yes. One of the times I tested this was when I first built Lumiera, back when she could only buff her bit by using her guard (missiles didn't buff the bit back then), so she pretty much had to block and many times eat damage (because alpha arts easily let her buff the bit but also damaged her with indirect and splash damage), so I tested if all guard stacked with carts to see if my build could use Devil Guard (it's pretty much all guard but it's from a lower slot accessory called Petit Devil Scarf. Stupidly good ac, I really should use it more often but hard when my playstyle doesn't make proper use of it) before using the shield to block alpha arts and take minimal damage from blasts, which worked as intended, it stacked and blasts did minimal damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shidokun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 905

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:06 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:
boost run tiers only affect speed and lnds are faster than other units.

it's said that the difference between lnds and other non lnd units are exactly one tier, for example,
what would be red tier for a lnd will be orange for other units, so, you would need 38/10 for a non
lnd in order to have the same speed as a 38/1 lnd, that's why most boost run art builds are 38/10.
I can't confirm if this is 100% true tho, but must be.

TGH is the same for everyone

That's what most people thinks but in reality it's not.

Even a purple tier non lnd is slighty slower than an orange tier lnd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Argento

Male Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:34 pm

What about a 40/28 boost run ART, is slower than a 38/1 boost run LND?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4615

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm

@LazFlamme wrote:
Just curious, what's the damage reduction for All Guard and what's the new damage reduction for each of the respective guard carts after All Guard stack?

isnt all guard like 30%

and doesnt it work like
>get hit by blast dmg gets reduce by 50%
>all guard reduces THAT dmg by 30%

or is just straight up 80% reduction which i highly doubt it does....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
xTohka
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 pm

its more like 50% + 30% instead of 80%.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.   Today at 4:09 am

Back to top Go down

WLK and tiers, TGH and types, buffs and defense cartridges.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | Games | Other Roleplay games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum