Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

About Kougetsu Kagura Mai

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:35 am

With the new core tune coming up, i'm thinking of tuning her, but not too confident yet..

So is this girl still playable in the current meta under the unrestricted room?

Her main weapon looked so slow that i'm not sure if triple Grapid will help to hit those 38 fly airs.

What are your thoughts?

Edit: I also saw someone posted that this variant of her is shit, so was a little devastated when i first got her LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:09 am

Great sub which inflicts support reject, superb and fun to smack down things that rely on crimson veil etc. . I haven't ever tuned her main but from what I hear other people say even 3x grapid will be quie inaccurate? Could always slap on another handheld like slice gun or something or use a fast projectile to stun so the follow-up amulets hit. Try different things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4510

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:12 am

her subs are okay but her main is just shit, it only has damage against airs, but you won't
hit them, not only because the weapon is slow but also because the homing is crap, and
with 3x g.rapid it runs out of ammo pretty fast (and still wont hit shit)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 am

I see, thanks but well dang, can't just remove the arm though lol.

Great sub but shit main, as if i need to play her half crippled... Was planning to make use of the core tune "Single is best" with her main...

Another question then, if i manage to fit another weapon in, how will the core tune interact with it?
It restricts alpha but never said anything about firing secondary main weapon, do i get the damage boost as well?
My bad though, out of topic a little and my phone can't quote well, so i decided to not quote at all lol.

Also i wonder if her Sub is a form of deathball? I mean, i hope it ignores anti homing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11227

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:42 am

Her sub is one of the things known as death ball, yes. Her main is very, very, very slow and she'll spend many hours looking for unaware pray to use it against.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argento
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 pm

This is my Kagura Mai Build.

Kagura May:

2nd Build Crappy but with more HP and 1 clearance (i think i'm going to rebuild my Kagu like this)

Kagura Mai:

like people say before the main weapon is crap, i tuned 1 force and 1 great rapid beta but i couldn't see any change, u can fit 3 Life if u like for the same cost.
I recommend (because works for me) Use the core tune Up WONDERLYZE, makes your dual rifle bit shoots faster and can stun (sometimes) airs giving you time to use kagura main weapon.
Kagura May is good for the sub weapon (deathball) and the melt trap to help against the bapho and other LNDs going near you.

@Facepalmer wrote:
Another question then, if i manage to fit another weapon in, how will the core tune interact with it?
It restricts alpha but never said anything about firing secondary main weapon, do i get the damage boost as well?
My bad though, out of topic a little and my phone can't quote well, so i decided to not quote at all lol.

Yes, you can use another main weapon and it's going to get buffed by the new core tune up, each Main weapon gets the buff that's why alpha gets disabled, i don't know if the buff also affects subweapons like the deathball.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:38 am

Thanks for all these answers hey.

Think she is still worth using just because of the Sub-shot then.

The main will be used for cactus/powerspot farming then. But indeed i forgot that i can always invest on bits.

Regarding the new core tune, it would be sick lol, weapon switching would be a thing again. Though sasuga it would be too good to be true for it to work on sub weapons.

And allow me to go off topic once more yo, i wonder how will the Quick Boost cart interact with the Boost Drive cart Fall Charge?
Or no interaction and Quick Boost is a shit cart?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

Male Posts : 7870

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:52 am

Quick Boost is and will forever remain one of the best carts to pick on almost any bot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:47 am

FaCh's description says something about being related to the fall speed. I don't think QuBo makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:01 am

Lol for some reason that kind of looked like you're implying otherwise, but i guess not, since you're a respectable person and i haven't wronged you.

Guess i'll keep the cart on my Float Dash builds then.

But it'd be cool if the cart worked with Fall Charge hey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:05 am

@Zwiebel Force wrote:
FaCh's description says something about being related to the fall speed. I don't think QuBo makes a difference.

Quick Boost...recharge 30% faster some shit, but now you mention it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 am

@Zwiebel Force wrote:

Last time I tested Fall Charge on Minaria, boost restored is proportional to altitude drop (for example, if you drop 2 blocks down, boost restored allows you to fly 2 blocks up). The same Minaria is my current card generator so I'm not gonna reset cart, but if anyone would kindly help me science it that'll be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:59 pm

Faster fall speed = more altitude lost, no???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Yes, but more boost regained after you land so you don't have to sit pretty while people shoot your face off recovering boost.

This is why Quick Boost helps as well. >ALL< Boost Regen is regained 30% faster, meaning yes, it affects fall charge; yes, it affects being perched on the ground; yes, it affects Meditation.

After some vigorous actual testing on said combination of carts I found out it only takes effect while you're perching on the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5345

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:20 pm

@Astral_Dono wrote:
Yes, but more boost regained after you land so you don't have to sit pretty while people shoot your face off recovering boost.

This is why Quick Boost helps as well. >ALL< Boost Regen is regained 30% faster, meaning yes, it affects fall charge; yes, it affects being perched on the ground; yes, it affects Meditation.

After some vigorous actual testing on said combination of carts I found out it only takes effect while you're perching on the ground.

well I saw that coming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2291

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Welp. Astral got to me to reply on that part. But yeah, Fall charge and Quick Boost do not stack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:15 pm

Quick Boost is still mandatory though, in my opinion, since fall charge is really only useful if you're falling from the ceiling to the floor on most maps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2291

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:46 pm

The part here is that her Main is good to use if you alpha with another weapons (psyguns from what I've tried). The catch is... she has no Moving burst cart. Rip.

Her sub though, would have been good if it can be tuned. It's too risky to use as well. Long charge time (to reach full damage), not enough range for this meta, bad tracking (it barely hits), and it makes Kagura jump backwards (this, for some reason, makes the tracking of the ball bad). The execution time where she jumps backwards gives way for the target to get away.

She's play defensively, no doubt. But she still sucks bad at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:16 pm

I don't find her jump thing worse than any other ranged subweapon which does that. The tracking is certainly something you need to get used to, but again, that's true for most of these weapons (Fiona's in example). Imo Mai's main problem is that nothing she offers is orthodox. Everything's weird (but that's why I like her :3).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:29 am

Thanks people lol, suddenly much answers

I'm actually considering to put the buffed up Brink Mace as her secondary main and switch between them, the cost is a problem though...

A shame about QB and FC not stacking though, might be able to remain airborne forever if used on an art, then shit on melees that are waiting for me to drop.

I've always believed that mobility and the related carts is the most important, but then i also remembered that barely anyone ever took the QB cart lol, all those builds that people ever revealed that is, they seem to get guard carts instead if they had to make it a level 10 bot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4510

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 am

I always take QB for FLY based ARTs when applicable, althought some of my old builds doesn't have it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:58 am

QB depends on the unit. There used to be a time when pretty much anything that moved with boost had that cart, but nowadays many builds use other mechanics. I guess it's still a thing if you're used to it. I used to play WLK SUPs, so boost wasn't that important for me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:45 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:
I always take QB for FLY based ARTs when applicable, althought some of my old builds doesn't have it...
Lol damn, here i thought i'm pretty good in choosing carts and making builds, damn i have a long way to go.

@Zwiebel Force wrote:
QB depends on the unit. There used to be a time when pretty much anything that moved with boost had that cart, but nowadays many builds use other mechanics. I guess it's still a thing if you're used to it. I used to play WLK SUPs, so boost wasn't that important for me Razz
I see man, i'm probably not here yet during that time lol, think i play air and float dash arts a lot so might want to consider letting them have it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Kougetsu Kagura Mai   

Back to top Go down

About Kougetsu Kagura Mai
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum