Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:08 pm

Recently I've acquired some rather awesome parts, but sadly I can't figure out what to use them with. Isn't that ironic? I wanna use them, but I don't want to put them on a bot who doesn't benefit enough from it.

Here's the list of awesome parts I wanna use, but dunno what to put them on.
-Machintlet AMs (I also have AM2s, but I learned that one isn't so good, since he doesn't dash out as far when he punches, and it has limited ammo).
-SU Barrier Dome Mod BS
-Liquid Snail BS DR
-Sol Volca Wing BS
-LepScepter HD
-Ogreil BS2
-Psycho Formula AMJ

If anyone can give me suggestions for each (multiple would be okay, especially those on really strong bots), I'll see what I can do with each of them. I just feel it's such a waste to not use these parts when they are so good, but I can't think of anything that I own to use them on.


Last edited by Armored Entity on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : Indo Archipelago

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:58 am

I'm just going to comment on what I actually have and won't make wild guesses.

Machintlet AM - always work on any bot that has means to close the gap such as Brave Drive BS and Zero Breaker BD... tried to use Crimson crusader on it but it only works on the sucking tornado but not on the actual punch, so I tuned Vengeance Blade instead. Heavy strike is cool but I don't like the cooldown of it. No need to tune WLK anymore with the Zero Breaker BD and Brave Drive BS but I am not so sure if Aqua Jet is applicable.


Sol Volca Wing BS - I think it's really really outdated... have 3 of them but the cooldown of it to close gaps or run away or combo with melee is too long to be practical... used to work on a hit and run pre-bugfix sledge heim but Antlion LG variant came along...


I don't have the other parts to comment on.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
avatar

Female Posts : 2711
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 17
Location : Ground Area

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Maril BS is superior to Ogreil BS in every way because it gives same HP, 1 less TEC and 1 more FLY with cheaper cost. (And it's easier to get!)

Not sure about Psycho Formula AMJ, but legend has it that it's useful for overranging.

The fuck is a SU Barrier Dome Mod BS? Stats?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:57 pm

@Pork Chop wrote:
I'm just going to comment on what I actually have and won't make wild guesses.

Machintlet AM - always work on any bot that has means to close the gap such as Brave Drive BS and Zero Breaker BD... tried to use Crimson crusader on it but it only works on the sucking tornado but not on the actual punch, so I tuned Vengeance Blade instead. Heavy strike is cool but I don't like the cooldown of it. No need to tune WLK anymore with the Zero Breaker BD and Brave Drive BS but I am not so sure if Aqua Jet is applicable.

Okay, Now I want a Zero Breaker!
Don't have Brave Drive.

BTW, I have a Daedalian too, but he's already almost finished with a build that involves Brigand Axe, and I don't wanna mess that build up.

@LazFlamme wrote:

The fuck is a SU Barrier Dome Mod BS? Stats?

It's a BS that gives a Main Weapon (not usable in Alpha striking, that when you hold down the button, your robot produces a temporary Bubble Shield around it (Rouche-Style). Has 30 Ammo and the interval allows 5 Ammo per use. Also you can't move while using it.
It can be equipped to ART or SUP types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 4093
Join date : 2014-10-14
Age : 22
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:08 pm

I don't think this would be useful on an art...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:24 pm

@LazFlamme wrote:
Maril BS is superior to Ogreil BS in every way because it gives same HP, 1 less TEC and 1 more FLY with cheaper cost. (And it's easier to get!)

I said Ogreil BS2, not Ogreil BS. That's the one from Ogreil Phantom, with the remote bombs.

@Maelstrom wrote:
I don't think this would be useful on an art...

I kinda figured the same, but what Support Typevwould it be best on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samui
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 724
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 487

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:53 pm

Machintlet AM is best for forcing the enemy team to spread out or see everyone get hit with 100+ damage when clustered together (Under a Power Spot or near a Healer). Pork Chop's comment is sufficient if you want to know what helps you use Machintlet AM well.

Machintlet AM2 needs to hit an opponent for you to have access to the magnet pull. I want to test out Captain X's Anchor Swing if it can work into a combo with Machintlet AM2 but I don't have it yet. :/

Sol Volca BS is best used for bots that need to get away from incoming melees. You can use it for charging at opponents too but there are better boosters for that.

Psycho Formula AMJ can be used with non-ARTs for Alpha striking if I can recall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : Indo Archipelago

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:52 am

@Armored Entity wrote:
@Pork Chop wrote:
I'm just going to comment on what I actually have and won't make wild guesses.

Machintlet AM - always work on any bot that has means to close the gap such as Brave Drive BS and Zero Breaker BD... tried to use Crimson crusader on it but it only works on the sucking tornado but not on the actual punch, so I tuned Vengeance Blade instead. Heavy strike is cool but I don't like the cooldown of it. No need to tune WLK anymore with the Zero Breaker BD and Brave Drive BS but I am not so sure if Aqua Jet is applicable.

Okay, Now I want a Zero Breaker!
Don't have Brave Drive.

Just youtubed something... aqua jet bs requires you to tune wlk... also there is another alternative for not having zero breaker bd and brave drive bs... Heavy Jaguar HD. but you need to tune some wlk sadly.

The video shows Zero Breaker BD and Heavy Jag HD:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2897
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 23
Location : Canadia

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:51 am

@Pork Chop wrote:
Machintlet AM
@LazFlamme wrote:
Maril BS is superior to Ogreil BS in every way because it gives same HP, 1 less TEC and 1 more FLY with cheaper cost. (And it's easier to get!
do you both have problems reading
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 am

@Samui wrote:
Sol Volca BS is best used for bots that need to get away from incoming melees. You can use it for charging at opponents too but there are better boosters for that.

So would it work well on my Alexia Arl?

@Pork Chop wrote:

Just youtubed something... aqua jet bs requires you to tune wlk... also there is another alternative for not having zero breaker bd and brave drive bs... Heavy Jaguar HD. but you need to tune some wlk sadly.

I also have Zero Fighter NEXT BS DR and Combat Freed AM. Would that work well with a Machintlet AM build?

Also, if I don't have Zero Breaker, what other BD would you suggest?


Also, I had an idea for the SD Barrier Dome mod BS. Perhaps when I get a Buff Devastator it would work well on that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
avatar

Female Posts : 2711
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 17
Location : Ground Area

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:43 am

It's all fun and games until a bike comes in. Didn't you have a Volt Gen BS? Use that instead. Shields are strictly for Rouche only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:50 am

@LazFlamme wrote:
It's all fun and games until a bike comes in. Didn't you have a Volt Gen BS? Use that instead. Shields are strictly for Rouche only.

Alright then, I will. Though I think it's kinda redundant when she has enough shields already. Plus I don't have Rouche yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elmatalast
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 761
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 22
Location : MotherEarth

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:04 pm

@Armored Entity wrote:

Also, if I don't have Zero Breaker, what other BD would you suggest?
Brigand BD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:23 pm

@elmatalast wrote:
@Armored Entity wrote:

Also, if I don't have Zero Breaker, what other BD would you suggest?
Brigand BD

Well I've got that. Although I'll keep an eye out for a Zero Breaker, I can use this instead.

Since there's 2 Machintlet AMs, and all the builds I've seen only use 1 Machintlet AM, maybe I'll make both of them?

Also, 3 Great Grappler Alphas on Machintlet AM, AmIRite?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samui
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 724
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 487

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:11 pm

@Armored Entity wrote:
@Samui wrote:
Sol Volca BS is best used for bots that need to get away from incoming melees. You can use it for charging at opponents too but there are better boosters for that.

So would it work well on my Alexia Arl?

It should if I remember right. I've never played bikes so I can't say for sure.

3 Great Grap Alphas on Machintlet AM is the normal build. I'm considering to remove 1 G Grap for 1 Eternal tune though. My Machintlet AM breaks plenty of times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 5039
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : 蟹になりたい

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:34 pm

@Armored Entity wrote:
@elmatalast wrote:
@Armored Entity wrote:

Also, if I don't have Zero Breaker, what other BD would you suggest?
Brigand BD

Well I've got that. Although I'll keep an eye out for a Zero Breaker, I can use this instead.

Since there's 2 Machintlet AMs, and all the builds I've seen only use 1 Machintlet AM, maybe I'll make both of them?

Also, 3 Great Grappler Alphas on Machintlet AM, AmIRite?

why would u give it to ur Alexia wtf are u smoking

also 3x GG or gtfo
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:10 pm

@Sakura1 wrote:
why would u give it to ur Alexia wtf are u smoking

To possibly get away from incoming Melee Bots who manage to intercept her.

I tried it on an AIR bot, it basically is like a Stovl, which I can easily get from a Brickgale BS or Tengu BS. I think it's better on a LND or ART.

Well then, what would you suggest then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : Indo Archipelago

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:48 am

@Armored Entity wrote:


I also have Zero Fighter NEXT BS DR and Combat Freed AM. Would that work well with a Machintlet AM build?

Also, if I don't have Zero Breaker, what other BD would you suggest?

Machintlet AMs work with anything that helps you get close and has a low cooldown to spam those punches... if those parts can do that then it is good. I just youtube a Combat Freed AM and it seems to punch the target to far to follow up with Machintlet punch...

The only reason why Brave Drive BS and Zero Breaker BD works best is because you can save alot of capactiy for tuning, able to equip a shield, and totally dump your WLK to 1 to focus on tuning STR, HP, and TGH since you can spam those parts to move around the map.

@Armored Entity wrote:


Well I've got that. Although I'll keep an eye out for a Zero Breaker, I can use this instead.

Since there's 2 Machintlet AMs, and all the builds I've seen only use 1 Machintlet AM, maybe I'll make both of them?

Also, 3 Great Grappler Alphas on Machintlet AM, AmIRite?


2 Machintlet AMs on a bot is so cost heavy for tuning...

I have a 40 str without G.Grap on a Zero Breaker BD and the highest damage I dealt is around 120... I used an ART and there is someone who hit me with 200, I'm going to assume that is with 3x G.Grap. You can either pick damage or additional 90 hp or more TGH to tank alphags for that 90 cost your choice.



@Diabolical wrote:
@Pork Chop wrote:
Machintlet AM
@LazFlamme wrote:
Maril BS is superior to Ogreil BS in every way because it gives same HP, 1 less TEC and 1 more FLY with cheaper cost. (And it's easier to get!
do you both have problems reading

Please tell me where did I read wrong... it must have slipped my mind...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1893
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:34 am

@Pork Chop wrote:
@Armored Entity wrote:


I also have Zero Fighter NEXT BS DR and Combat Freed AM. Would that work well with a Machintlet AM build?

Also, if I don't have Zero Breaker, what other BD would you suggest?

Machintlet AMs work with anything that helps you get close and has a low cooldown to spam those punches... if those parts can do that then it is good. I just youtube a Combat Freed AM and it seems to punch the target to far to follow up with Machintlet punch...

The only reason why Brave Drive BS and Zero Breaker BD works best is because you can save alot of capactiy for tuning, able to equip a shield, and totally dump your WLK to 1 to focus on tuning STR, HP, and TGH since you can spam those parts to move around the map.

@Armored Entity wrote:


Well I've got that. Although I'll keep an eye out for a Zero Breaker, I can use this instead.

Since there's 2 Machintlet AMs, and all the builds I've seen only use 1 Machintlet AM, maybe I'll make both of them?

Also, 3 Great Grappler Alphas on Machintlet AM, AmIRite?


2 Machintlet AMs on a bot is so cost heavy for tuning...

I have a 40 str without G.Grap on a Zero Breaker BD and the highest damage I dealt is around 120... I used an ART and there is someone who hit me with 200, I'm going to assume that is with 3x G.Grap. You can either pick damage or additional 90 hp or more TGH to tank alphags for that 90 cost your choice.

Okay, I think I now know what to do with Machintlet AM. I'm gonna calc out two builds for it. One with Zero Breaker, and one with Brigand Baron with Brave Drive BS. Each with only one Machintlet AM, the other being something else that would be useful.

Heh, I think I could find use for my Lancerlot AM7 now too with one of them (the K-Aegis).


Now about the other parts, like Sold Volca Wing BS, Lepscepter HD, SU Barrier Dome Mod BS, Ogreil BS2, Psycho Formula AMJ, and the rest?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : Indo Archipelago

PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:11 pm

I should have finished posting here... but I also forgot there is the Jet Accel BS which has better range compared to Brave Drive BS... not sure how spammable it is combined with the Machintlet punch in regards to cooldown....

I don't have any more of the other parts. For Sol Volca Wings BS, I'll repeat it sucks because of its very long cooldown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with   

Back to top Go down
 
I have a bunch of awesome parts, but dunno what to use them with
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forumotion.com | Games | Other Roleplay games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com