Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Need some advice on DX coin arts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 105

PostSubject: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Howdy everyone, I'm back yet again after a fairly long break due to my life going momentarily to shit and now that I've returned I found myself once again needing the friendly FF community's advice over some bots I plan to get.

So, since I managed to get the DX coins for the new DX shop I'm just wondering what the heck is even good anymore. Namely, I'm interested in using the 3 coins I have to get Monica Leader and Fractulus Girl. I'm getting them anyway since I happen to like their appearance and I've just always wanted to skin monica leader, but I'd like it if people could at least tell me a little as to what to expect (if they're usable, OP, crap, etc).

My question is about what to use my third coin on. I'm in the need of a decent (read: as OP/scorewhoring as possible) art to use when I simply can't survive with my airs due to the shit wall mix with air wall that the arenas tend to be from time to time, the cores I've been looking at are:

-Predatobytez AH (I heard this core was the best one for L-sized alpha arts)
-Heldtkaiser (Apparently his WB is really good and his core also is good for alphas?)
-Philia (She's adorable and has a dragon, but I've never seen a single one that wasn't a free frag)

Not arts (and actually more airs), but I've also been interested in Akane PR and Saya. No clue if either of them is even remotely good anymore, though.

I should also mention that I do have Hecatocles (no AM2, sadly. Just the original) and burst fire missile AMJ (also hygerkun BS/psycho formula HD2 if that makes any difference). I unfortunately do not have antlion moray BS, nor do I have heat gatlings for handhelds so I don't know if I could put together something decent without those parts.

That said, I probably will be using the stuff I like the most, I just want to get something that can help increase my firepower for those arenas where the top places score over 10k points and there's homuras and baphos everywhere, so I'd like some advice as to the third bot I should get.

Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Also, is the store-bought Bamboo Launcher any good for an alpha art?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

Male Posts : 1815

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:57 pm

Frac is worth getting. I think you should get the Great Cappa cosmos with your third coin to use on Frac.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vietpho.net
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:42 am

I can Great Capa without it counting as an ex tune just fine kthx. I plan to triple gcapa her anyway

I'm mostly just torn about the other bots. Lack of moray BS might be too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4491

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:13 am

Philia is not that bad, but she is not what you want right now, with all the things breaking the meta...

If I had to build an alpha ART, I would go for Predatobytez core.

Icy GL is also something to consider if you want ARTs, but you will need some rt for extra weapons.
The downside about her is that she has ammo issues in long matches and she lacks the mobility tools
that most of the modern art moes does have.

Monica is very good imo, she just doesn't have a high dps against non airs (but still aceptable) but
she hit airs like a truck with hard stun. Also, her melt dash is very useful...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:30 am

I actually already have a built Icy GL. Currently stored due to her AMJs being on loan on my pepen girl but I'll rebuild her soon enough.

I'm frankly leaning towards the predatobytez as I'd really like to give those hecat parts some use since they've been gathering dust for months now, but I dunno how important that moray BS would be since apparently a single part can make or break a build (Go figure). Guess I'll wait and try to get more opinions first.

Thanks for the replies so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:33 am

@Paruru wrote:

I'm frankly leaning towards the predatobytez as I'd really like to give those hecat parts some use since they've been gathering dust for months now, but I dunno how important that moray BS would be since apparently a single part can make or break a build (Go figure). Guess I'll wait and try to get more opinions first.

Yes, I am in the same problem, I didn't builded my Predatobytez core yet because I am not sure about
how good I can do without moray bs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2978

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:24 am

@Paruru wrote:
I actually already have a built Icy GL. Currently stored due to her AMJs being on loan on my pepen girl but I'll rebuild her soon enough.

Thanks for the replies so far!
Antlion BS2 isn't even necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Frizz
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1770

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:54 am

HardBomber BS is a good option?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:38 pm

I might just go for the guy anyway. I figure having him and building an art even without the BS is better than me getting the BS later and not having a good core to use it on.

Another random question: Are weapon tunes even needed on Fract? I have a single force tune on every weapo), but I've heard people tell me to tune g.rapid and g.range/H.Shooter on her beam cannon to lead her alphas with it and speed on her remote bits so they actually hit stuff when overranged.

Would that be a good idea? Also, should I even bother fitting in a handheld crystal beam gun or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:50 pm

It's okay to do some speed/range tunes on the leading weapon, but I am prety sure
you don't need nothing else besides force on the remotes, I guess speed doesn't even
make difference for them, but well, I might be wrong...

I personally don't like these handheld builds...

Last edited by Maelstrom on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:51 pm

if you have heca toles core and BSJ you're mostly already set. the AM2s are better than the AM1s but the AM1s are perfectly fine for long range shooting.
With the hecat arms and BSJ you have a solid base to add whatever core/AMJ weapons you want/have to.
Alba core(you can get it from shop now) is pretty good as a base if you want more reliable long range damage.
a build I used was alba core, sturbanger AMJs, hecat AMs, and 2 hecat BSJs. The joint parts add a lot of damage for low cost. If you have tons of spare capa you can use burst missile amjs instead but sturb AMJs have insane damage to cost ratio(22 damage a shot for 25 cost).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:57 pm

It's almost the setup I would be going for, just changing the core to predatobytez bd2 and only one bsj...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:42 pm

I apparently had sturbanger AMJs and did not even know that. Woot. I'll see if I can put something together, decided to go for predatobytez since I got enough boobs to last me a lifetime and my mecha lineup is a bit lackluster. I was using alba but I felt the core was a tad iffy, especially since the missiles can't be tuned for obvious reasons and it seems every single damn air these days has some way to fly unscathed through the damn things. I'll see if I can fit in a Scaraboss BS or something for now. Random question, though, is the bamboo shooter from the shop any good as a handheld or should I just go with tune fodder?

As for fract, decided to avoid going the overly fat route and put together a build with a single H.Capa and Force on everything and Force/H.Shooter/G.Rapid on the cannon, using just her default weapons. Before I tune her remote bits for speed, could anyone confirm if tuning them for speed would do anything at all? Should I tune them for range instead? (since I know their damage falls off when overranged)

I just figure I'd use her as a long range rave party of death raining hell above the enemy far from the non range-tuned arts that can mess my day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:46 pm

alba core is mainly for capa and base stats. with 2xEIW the missiles will have enough range to overrange the rest of the setup(until then the BSJ has the most range). Though the missiles themselves don't hit at long range they provide good damage close up and will provide extra damage when the other projectiles stun things. At long range you'll be shooting at other artillery or supports rather than airs. airs you want to engage at close range. predat has much lower base stats so requires a lot more tuning and/or sacrifices to get optimal stats on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Okay, that actually makes sense. Basically I'll be relying more on the AMJs and Hecat AMs for damage rather than anything else, with the core for additional damage whenever they actually hit. I thought about using a range tuned psycho formula HD2 as it has over 400 range but I guess I could tune more HP and go for a more offensive close to mid range style of play rather than mid to long range.

If Alba proves to be all around more efficient I'd just have to figure out what to get with the third coin. Might just get Saya or something for an AFK bot for bazaar (if anyone even attends those anymore)

Also after some testing I decided that odds are fract's remote bits will miss regardless of what I put on the damn things so they're just staying with the one force tune. Guess they'll hit whenever I get lucky with the crystal gun's stuns.

Anyway, thank you as always Winty for your useful advice and thank you everyone else for your input and replies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on DX coin arts   

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on DX coin arts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum