Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteTofuMagic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 304

Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee Empty
PostSubject: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Before the release of Lino in CBEN, i searched and waited for videos of from JP. None was found, and a certain someone in chat box said they are unpopular with the JP population and they are fail bots. I was like...okay, i guess i will gun for Laika or Elisa saber. when i did my rolls, Lino came out. I thought "okay....lets find out whats wrong with it?". Turns out, she is very well thought out and unlike some of the other nonsense CB released over the past 6 month, this one flow together.

After 2 days of testing, messing around in arena and tuning, here is a summary of what i found out capability and play style wise.

Lino is an Air melee. one of those rare animals that existed since dawn of CB but never was quit able to out shine its lnd cousin. Plagued by lack of durability, extra cost from mobility cart cost, limited performance from boost. etc, most of them are probably gathering dust in your sub garage, save a few like lux series, aeolius arm melee and may be a few litias.

So what makes her different? lets start out with the fact she has access to permanent accel roll. I mean, this is huge, that's like the main way air melee get in close and mess people up. no accel roll and you are missing half of the air melee.

Next, her main weapon load out consists of a 30 ammo Vanic guard and 25 ammo-slow turn draw boomerang. The vanic shield is very handy in getting out of stick situations in one piece, such as phasing through a Lisel's gravity Cannon. However, this bubble has another secret CS conveniently left out. IT also have a PARRY that proc when it is attacked from the front. it just block all damage when hit from back.
Much like Lino's Teacher, "Crimson destroy god Corona" ( that's actually what Lino calls Corona), her draw boomerang is more of a method to trap a fleeing foe, rather than a method to start an engagement. (due to the low speed and very high change to gold veil) But of course, she has no problem using it to start a fight.

Next is her slash saber melee. This is melee has so many uses to it, its a bit on the crazy side.
1. This melee is the cousin to the Absol sword, famous for magically generating boost off trees, mushrooms, PS, NPC, hippos, people.....in fact, if it has a hit box, it can generate boost for you. while not the first to copy this effect, CS must have taken notice of the success of air melee with capability to generate boost. This is a key factor when air melee dog fights other airs.
2. This melee is 100% super armored from start to finish. I was shot by Barklily death balls, deck shots, mega lightning guns, SDC, missiles, zooks,  attacked by other melees, land and air, you name it. outside of the all pwning moray BS and push missiles, this melee combo is completely oblivious to stun. No CC+ needed.
3. It comes with a Left mouse button combo cancel that is simply a step back wards and toss a draw boomerang (not to be confused with the actual main boomerang, this thing have no slow turn). The step itself completely ignores gravity, if lino is meleeing something facing the ground from a higher vantage point, the step would bounce her perpendicular to the ground to a really high altitude. While this sounds simple, it actually make Lino what she is, an air melee that guarantees her own return to higher altitude. and yes, this is also super armored.  this also means she can escape with the boost she generated via melee she just did, ensuring if things go south, she can bail via flying.
4 This melee is now beam type. While not as swag as shell based up on her initial release, it still ignore parry.

Lino also come with Dive Bomb/tackle melee. It has a deceivingly close animation to Litia's demon warp and Berz girl's blast tackle. But there are differences. Lino does not warp, its like aquajet, the target is tangible and can be damaged. In this sense, its more of a "step" than a tackle. People would then notice the huge AOE that seem to follow on the spot of impact, like Berz girl's tackle. This however is not entirely true. The Beam Based AOE is actually from a projectile expelled at the end of the step. It has a travel distance roughly 150-200 and is expelled in which ever direction she was facing after her step. This is not a very viable way to damage airs in dog fights ( they move side ways of course), but has surprising good chance to hit targets moving directly away from you, even bikers. Lino then proceeds to doing one of her slashed from her other melee after the explosion. Interestingly, she can LMB from that melee into her back step, allowing to effectively dive bomb like a bastardized Sleidge . And yes, this Dive is also super armored

Lino's bit, is a bit of a let down, but not completely garbage. The bit, does not need tec to work. It also can not be changed to other bits. up on deployment, it has a small delay time, then it proceed to launch a projectile straight down that generate a suction tornado. my theory is that you dive bomb someone right after the bit is activated to drop the tornado mid hit, or activate on an air getting beaten to the ground and ensure it stays on the ground.

My current build should end up around 590 HP, 37 str, 38 fly, with 2 CV. I decided that because how easily she maintain height and boost gauge, i can got for melt tunes with sword drive instead of further extending her flight time with boost drive. Because she has no problems brawling with lnd melees, i took sword guard. Because it also attack airs, i took beam guard. Because the intensive boost gauge consumption of accel roll, i took quick boost. I felt no need for ground based mobility cart since melee function as stovel, aerial figher conserve boost on top of boost regen from melee. someone mentioned armor breaker being good on melee, but i have a suspicion it does not work with non melee property attacks

She is also the perfect candidate for air gladiator core tune, since of her super armor.

While she is a huge step up from previous air melees, she is not immune to art walls and particular easy to get around with melt traps and shock decoys.

i am currently waiting to see if the slash waves and LMB boomerang can inflict status sub tune. will update once i have answer.
ANSWER: Yes to both. slash wave can inflict status tune. LMB cancel boomerang can also inflict them as well, but a bit hard to proc.

Last edited by WhiteTofuMagic on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5574

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:20 am

They can I tested.it mu self well the slashes idk about the lMB
Back to top Go down
Shidokun
God multi tasking
God multi tasking

Male Posts : 993

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySun May 29, 2016 4:35 am

I wonder if bullet shell can reduce her dmg.
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1590

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySun May 29, 2016 6:06 am

bullet shell reduces "projectiles", not melees
Back to top Go down
Shidokun
God multi tasking
God multi tasking

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:05 am

@aosepsa wrote:
bullet shell reduces "projectiles", not melees

Yah never know, C$ isnt that good at programming things that it should do whut it says.

I mean how does CC+ work with trizelion if his weapon isnt tunable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:01 pm

@Shidokun wrote:
Fucking hell, I've gone over this multiple times. Trizelion's sword is classed as a "melee tunable" part, but it doesn't have slots. If it were to have slots, it would be able to take Graps, Glads, etc. Which is the requirement for CC to work on the sword.
Back to top Go down
Shidokun
God multi tasking
God multi tasking

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySun May 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Diabolical wrote:
@Shidokun wrote:
Fucking hell, I've gone over this multiple times. Trizelion's sword is classed as a "melee tunable" part, but it doesn't have slots. If it were to have slots, it would be able to take Graps, Glads, etc. Which is the requirement for CC to work on the sword.

Ahhh right, I totally forgot about that welp. Are there any other shell type melees btw?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptySun May 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Aside from Giganberg BULK, no. But I wouldn't really call him a shell melee since the saw itself probably does melee damage.
Back to top Go down
WhiteTofuMagic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:41 am

This is what I discovered thanks to testing Link's melee. To trigger the effect of Parry, it needs to have 2 conditions. First is the attack used is a sub weapon, that are also not categorized as a projectile. Second is the attack must actually be melee damage, such as it's damage can be reduced via sword guard. This Second condition is testable via Lino's melee, which is shell based. It is confirmed with zero calibur, which is 100% beam damage. This not only apply to killica, luto and kul, it also applies to heavy strike core tune.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2089

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 11:58 am

So is 3x Melt the way to go or do 1 high glad + 2x melt?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
WhiteTofuMagic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 12:24 pm

after playing in actual arena, i believe melt, slow and shell drain are all viable status tunes.  the later 2 of the 3, especially shell drain lets you boost drive and troll people. Shell drain something that need guns 3-4 times and the more fortunate of them will become lumberjacks and unfortunate ones will start humping cactus. It does however limit your role to a more traditional air melee as opposed hurdur into anything that moves and indo roll away to safety for heals.
Because base speed on the melee is only 60, 1 high glad is definitely needed. i also highly recommend sky gladiator core tune to further increase initial momentum. because the way her melee have 2 (maybe 3 because it does 3damage on chain guard), 2 status tunes already proc like mad. with out high glad it because an issue of hitting the target as oppose to proc rate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee   Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee Empty

Back to top Go down

Science Behind Lino Falcon: the next step in air melee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Air Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com