Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZatohPsi2

Male Posts : 93

PostSubject: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:28 am

----Skip this part if you just want to cut straight to the list---
First off, let me come clean to my former CosmicBreak fellows, yes I was a salty player in-game and I know players look at salt as "babyish frustration" towards something that's "just a game and you should have fun for what it is". Well I'll be honest I didn't get that from the rest of the community for how they treated one another, and I changed my nature around that mind set when I really shouldn't have. My enjoyment for a game is to play for the sake of development, being able to improve from what you know and have is what gives me fulfillment within a game. So I do take them seriously for that reason. You're right for thinking what I did as being immature I suppose, but that doesn't mean my complaints towards certain issues were entirely incorrect. What I said is what I felt needed to be said for the sake of understanding, though as a result I ended up getting teased and bullied around because people either took my snarky remarks too seriously, or thought my salt was a sign of stupidity and general anxiety. That's where I felt I needed to leave such an unhealthy environment and move on to Guild Wars 2, where I actually met a friendly and smart Guild that could actually accept me. The community there was much better because it was all about community, you're actually acting and playing with one another to progress for more content. Cosmic Break on the other hand was too much about pushing people out of the way for higher scores and more items. So I guess you can see why I prefer the later over the former. Cosmic Break could've been a better kind of game if it wasn't all about using people as a means to an end, like in-game "fame" (or infamy) or just self-gratification, it only insults the players you play with. That is what made me so salty to begin with, is that almost no one showed respect each other or their in game goals. Now that I have that off my chest...
--------------------------------------------

When I was still playing CosmicBreak, there were the handful of players that use obviously near-incontestable bots and weapons, making this game the P2W that it's infamously known for. Then there's the other 5% of players who played CB that use the obviously impractical stuff for a "challenge". I ask them why they would do this, and usually they would respond with "I want to have fun with this game, so I'm using something that's hard to use." Though in my own mind I'm responding with "why are you using two unlike statements?" It's like saying "I want to have fun with Soccer, I will wear sandals to hinder my running and ability to kick the ball without hurting myself." I know people resort to this because usually the best bots and parts are ones you have to pay for, but I noticed that there is stuff like Delight Garapon and Deluxe Coins now. You're not completely screwed with what you can get, and you can always turn lemons into combustable lemons to burn your enemies, literally. So I'm going to compile a list of bots (or builds) that are practical to use but aren't completely mindless in style.

Also please note:
DO NOT TAKE THESE LISTS SERIOUSLY. IT IS ONLY MY OPINION.

Top 5 Best Practical Bots/Builds To Have Fun With:

#5) Team Support Artillery: These bots are usually your best friend on the battle field. They assist others when an Air is trying to hunt down teammates, while also being independent with the right bot. Chloe can create her own platform so other Artillery types can create a larger wall of defense with her teammates, and swappable arms allow for some interesting possibilities as you customize her. Lumeria protects her team mates while also having attacks with unique patterns for when the situation calls. I know there are other defensive Artillery bots I'm forgetting, but I'm sure plenty of them are good to have. Rouche is obviously a bit of a different story.

#4) Fast Land Gunners: The mechanics of Land types is to use the environment to your advantage. Unlike Airs where you only just fly over obstacles, you're using the environment in a creative way for cover and manipulating the position of you and your foe. The ones with style and interesting mechanics tend to be the most fun. Lucco Deco uses bits to block attacks and intercept enemies which is a great for when you're pressuring your target. Nora is great for high-damage suppression fire, while also having each of her Sub Weapon options for when an opponent is too offensive or defensive. And if you just want to storm through enemy lines to burn down a few targets for your team, pick up a Shred Shotgun and give the bot Fast Recovery and CV tunes, you really will enjoy it.

#3) Creative Alpha Strike: Yes most Alpha Strike bots are annoyingly OP, but the ones that aren't fixed with core weapons are fun to just build yourself. Figuring out what weapon can synergize with other weapons as you're firing all of them at once becomes like a puzzle. You always have stats and effects to bear in mind. But all the possibilities are there for any specialized shooter bot. When you don't have an Armada AM2 for an Air Type, there always are other possibilities that can either be silly or actually satisfying when it works. For example, I had a Gwyain Absol I would equip with a Suzeku Basca BS and Jet Falcon AMs. I simply adore this build for the fact that I can block enemy fire but still deal damaging bursts. It hardly runs out of ammo too which makes it long lasting too. Experimentation like that is why I miss playing, I just love to see my own designs work.

#2) Suppressive Tank Melee: When other Land Types try to storm through and crush your team, melees designed around pushing away and eliminating skirmishers are always practical and helpful to the team. Those with good melee combos can assist the team by being sneaky and picking off single targets, or they can stay with the group to shred other melee lands right back. Eris was once an undefeatable melee with ridiculous DPS, and to this day she still is powerful. With new characters she's not as high-tier anymore, but with each of the roles I mentioned, Eris can satisfy and one of those. Land Eve was my favorite one because her ability to Run and Fly with equal effectiveness was so exciting, and has plenty of crowd control ability to make her a well-balanced for participation in battle, even if her defenses are not all that great.

#1) Bikers: Perhaps the most OP bot kind in this game were probably my most favorite one to use. Alexia had a lot of crowd bombing and speed to make offense rewarding and less punishing, while having a unique and unorthodox mechanic that takes mastery. You might disagree and think I'm silly for saying this I know, but when you use a biker right, it's fun to play around with for the vigor and thrill. Indeed they are annoying and too powerful, but they earn my top spot on this list because they are just fun and useful to play... Enough said. Smile

Speaking of bots that are too powerful... I have another list for bots that are just underwhelming when I played them and that's because they are too powerful for bots that take so little effort to play. Bikers might be hard to hit, but at least they aren't invincible, and they have a mechanic that's fun to just play around with. These are bots that just want you to slap their users in the face as a wake up call... because most-likey they fell asleep on the keyboard while the bot itself does all the work for them. Most of them are those that just ruin the game for everyone just for what they are. If your team loses because of the users behind these bots, that's only their fault.

Top 5 Worst Bots/Builds That Are Mindless To Play:

#5) Pure Stunlock Melees with High Defense: Some of these melees have such high defense that their approach is usually unstoppable and they are able to get out with ease for a quick heal before repeating. With these bots you don't even have to be careful because they are meant for fragging, and then just suicide and/or escape punishment with your "Get Out of Trouble Free Card". I get that they are designed for hit and run, but you have to be careful with hit and run since you know there should be a consequence for it. High examples would be Pina and Ivis. Pina can dig right back to base for a heal and Ivis X (not the BF version) has a guard that negates all damage around her. What also adds more senseless aggravation is their ever so delightful infinite stun lock that you can never escape from and never get knocked away by. I know that your supposed to be careful in this game but I don't think getting meleed all the way to 0 HP by an unpunishable looping melee attack is appropriate punishment. Mikoto is the worst of those with this stun lock because her melee cannot be escaped from at all (especially with slow or melt), and counter melee attacks will just be auto-countered right back so she can just keep going.

#4) Debuffer Air-Types: Any one of these will just have a weapon with high DPS with other unfair stats and/or effects to follow. Armada AM2s and Stella should not have a gunner debuff to begin with. How else will Artillery be able to fight them back? They can't do so because of their only weapons having less of a chance to actually keep them away after getting hit by their attacks. It doesn't require much more explanation than that...

#3) Skirmisher Artillery: Unlike other Artillery that require caution for you to play as a participant of the team, these kinds of bots are almost untouchable. They deal ridiculous damage to Airs, and the one type of attack they are weak against which is melee, will almost never hit them when they have a reliable way to avoid it. Decoy users like Homura and Burger Monica are prime examples of these. I remember also getting frustrated with Lisel for her Triple Cannon, having one of the largest and most powerful AoE blasts in the game, and a Melt shot for those that try to rush her. Berz Girl is perhaps the worst out of any, however, just for the sheer fact she can fly and chase down any air with ridiculously damaging weapons.

#2) Isitina and Theia: I can't really give a name for these two other than they are the "untouchable airs" of this game. They are so unbelievably confounded in game design, that they really should deserve their own spot on the list. You try to shoot either of these two, they will always have something to make sure it doesn't hit them. Not only that but their weapons with absurdly high damage, speed, range, and homing is what forces you to grab an anti-homing bit. They may help... for about 5 seconds until another player destroys the bit. There's a reason these characters almost always got the highest scores in every match they are in, and there's no way I could imagine them being entertaining to use unless I was a sadist. I don't know how different they are now since I haven't played in a while to see who's worse. Regardless, the arsenal on either one of these two characters just should not even exist.

#1) C.S.-chan and Ravi: You've seen these two before in many events that require items for prizes. They are used by players only to just suicide to keep lowering the team's BP. Which speeds up the match, but ruins the game for anyone who's wanting to take a match seriously. Players that use these two are the best example of "I do not care for this game, I just want stuff, so I'm going to just stop playing and instead ruin everything". Obviously most do this to troll, but these are characters that ruin the game that simply cannot be fixed and pretty much doom the nature of the game and what it should represent (if it was actually a better game that is). That is why they earn the top spot on this list.

Now if any of you may ask, no I don't think there's a chance of me coming back to CosmicBreak. Not only do I not want to deal with any drama or negativity again, but apparently the game fails to launch on my computer for strange reasons. Probably because the game doesn't like my CPU, GPU, or both. Also I meant to post things like this on my own free time so I can share my thoughts on games with anyone who actually cares (if there are any). If you're only here to troll with "git gud" or something to that effect, don't even try to bother because it's going to mean nothing at this point... :/ Also "AFG" means "Away From Game" for a reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4185

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:11 am

Istina is strong but she is not a problem because most Istina players
are stupid. Also, she is fun to play imo...

btw
>armada am2
>OP

kek
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:25 am

i don't get how running in circles on a bike is fun but running in circles on a homura isn't
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZatohPsi2

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:04 am

@Maelstrom wrote:
Istina is strong but she is not a problem because most Istina players
are stupid. Also, she is fun to play imo...

btw
>armada am2
>OP

kek

Isitina would've been better if her sniper wasn't homing... I'm guessing they designed her with "high level military tech" in mind (homing sniper bullets actually do exist), but the designs and motifs just do their job too well for this game... As for Armada AM2, they may have low ammo, but their anti-homing effect just shouldn't even exist, same with Stella with Charge Delay.

@Winty wrote:
i don't get how running in circles on a bike is fun but running in circles on a homura isn't

because you "run in circles" with a different mechanic that actually takes practice. I saw so many Alexias only using the Drift function for u-turning, then they just drive in a straight line. That honestly is a disservice to the mechanics of a Biker character. There's a lot more to do with Alexia's Drift for how you attack with any weapon, including body attacking. It's just my opinion, but a biker is just more fun to move around with thanks to the mechanics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:30 am

I am done here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
mechaRev
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1287

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:42 am

*when you shitpost and your ego is through the roof*
so relatable
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

Male Posts : 1763

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:59 am

How come Henry and Alice is not in the list? Lasker too
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vietpho.net
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3268

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:00 am

GLIDE BOOST NIGGA is what all the airs gay AF
Every time you mention "how you were being bullied" on some of your posts is getting sort of old. There's a difference between being bullied and being easily butthurt and triggered AF over every single little thing. I thought you quit the game, and if the community is so toxic why'd you even bother coming back to write this thread? I'm not trying to be a bitch but for real tho

Last edited by Nance on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:06 am

@mechaRev wrote:
*when you shitpost and your ego is through the roof*

Who never?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ZatohPsi2

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:45 am

Nance wrote:
GLIDE BOOST NIGGA is what all the airs gay AF
Every time you mention "how you were being bullied" on some of your posts is getting sort of old. There's a difference between being bullied and being easily butthurt and triggered AF over every single little thing. I thought you quit the game, and if the community is so toxic why'd you even bother coming back to write this thread? I'm not trying to be a bitch but for real tho

I'm guessing you don't know how "anxiety" works... being "butthurt and triggered" is part of that said social problem that trolls usually feed off of. They know that they can take advantage of those people, and when I realized how used I was I just wanted it to stop (see the reason for editing, I wasn't being self-aware... sorry...). That's why I quit. Honestly I only want to post here just for the hell of it; I had some thoughts I needed to let out about the game since the game did effect me a lot. Plus I wanted to see what others thought of this list I put together, just share their thoughts and opinions too. I'd like to just talk with the people that actually still give a shit... :/

Last edited by ZatohPsi2 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I take that back... the reason I over reacted to them is my fault. I honestly was being spoiled when I saw people doing better than I was. With that said, I quit because I didn't wish to be like that.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZatohPsi2

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:50 am

@Maelstrom wrote:
I am done here...

I didn't get this one... Did I say something wrong? O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2216

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 am

- Probably Mael is implying that you just didn't know what you posted about that's why the "I am done here" reply.

Like this one:

> Bikers

And I am like, "wut?" as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ZatohPsi2

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:08 am

@Kuzuha wrote:
- Probably Mael is implying that you just didn't know what you posted about that's why the "I am done here" reply.

Like this one:

> Bikers

And I am like, "wut?" as well.

Well I did say they were fun, and that it was only my opinion. Feel free to disagree, but I personally don't see why I shouldn't think a biker isn't fun to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:21 am

They're not fun. They're stupid. I prefer the cannonballer version instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Aiოi ♥
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Female Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:21 am

You should try out those new chibis TR if you ever decided to play back
hopefully, you will like them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZatohPsi2

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:22 am

@Kuzuha wrote:
They're not fun. They're stupid. I prefer the cannonballer version instead.
mind if I ask why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:36 am

The ability to travel faster than anything in the game with only walk tunes and knowing that it takes great effort to hit those bikers either it be manual or homing weapons,  the ability to have a shield in front to avoid being damaged heavily, they still can do high damage with either range or melee attack... oh right, someone posted an Alexia or Kal with 40str/tec (or was is 30?), 40 wlk and 40 tgh biker with high hp. I can't remember who it was.

Also, you do realize that bikers are one of the most hated units in arena as they are one of the things that ruin the room.

Any bot that's practically almost anti land, sup, air, art and can be used without any effort isn't really fun to use. Now that is mindless gameplay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3268

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 am

When im playing as a hominga they tell me im a fag, but when im playing with a tarantulic they call me a useless scum. You just gotta stop giving into what people say, it's not them thats hurting you it you choosing to let it get to you tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZatohPsi2

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:56 am

Nance wrote:
When im playing as a hominga they tell me im a fag, but when im playing with a tarantulic they call me a useless scum. You just gotta stop giving into what people say, it's not them thats hurting you it you choosing to let it get to you tho.

I know, and I wanted to stop letting myself do that. So it's good that I left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5105

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:11 am

@ZatohPsi2 wrote:
Nance wrote:

I know, and I wanted to stop letting myself do that. So it's good that I left.

I find bikes to be fun, in the sense off runing around in circles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:37 am

Quote :
bikers earn my top spot on this best bots list because they are just fun and useful to play... Enough said. Smile

>fun to play because you don't get hit
>useful to play because you either slam people or shoot them with zero accuracy and still hit shit

Son, however someone wants to use the bikes is none of your fucking business; your style isn't their style, you shouldn't force-feed them your style.
Plus, they aren't nigh unpunishable because I can make you eat a fucking melt field, render your last stand useless, and ACTUALLY HIT YOU with whatever I throw because I deal with your fucking kind almost every day, especially on card campaign events. If I can do that, then you can bet your ass you're going to have a bad time when I'm around.
Also, this is like saying Berz/Homura/Henrierre is fun to play with and is practical to use everyday in union wars. You are justifying the use of a supposedly high-tier bot type and its gimmick. This is no different from justifying AG/FC/Wingsluts from eras past. This also means you're no different from the rest of us, you bloody petrol head wanker.

Quote :
Suppressive Tank Melee

What the fuck is this shit?
Are you saying that melee bots that have the capacity to frontline attack groups should be relegated to stealth duty, alone, to be picked off helplessly by any alphastrike/OP melee bot that notices them by happenstance, with their high TGH numbers prolonging their suffering?
That's like buying a bus for work commuting on a highway, and you deserve a fucking speeding ticket for it.
This is like saying Oukas and Ivises have no redeeming qualities because higher TGH meleebots can do their job better. Sod off, and never come back.

Quote :
Debuffer Air-Types worst #3

You are denying the only solid role they can be entrusted with. There's a reason why type weaknesses matter and why debuffs add color to the monotony of the game; it's not just point-shoot-deal-damage now, you have other things to prioritize aside from destroying the mainstays of the opposition. Besides debuffer air types are given top priority if the other team deduces that it needs to be taken out. I see you with an Alice, Nebel, Henrierre, Istina or whatever the fuck gives me Charge Delay/Burst Lock/Powerless in the air, with two or three stars on your head, and I will definitely fuck your day up.

Quote :
Ravi worst #1

This is why you're terrible. This is also the worst thing you could ever say in this game.
I'm done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2903

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:53 am

@Shance wrote:
Quote :
Debuffer Air-Types worst #3

You are denying the only solid role they can be entrusted with.
Just stop.

@Maelstrom wrote:
>armada am2
>OP

kek
You stop too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:09 am

No.
Airbot meta's changing mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
ZatohPsi2

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:11 am

@Shance wrote:
No.

It should never have changed that way to begin with...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:22 am

@Shance wrote:
No.

That's not a meta change, that's throwing out basic game design and break the game in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds   

Back to top Go down

Zatoh's AFG Top 5: Best/Worst Practical Bot Builds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum