Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 105

PostSubject: I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)   Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:12 am

So, after a few months of actually putting some effort into figuring stuff out on my own (and getting shot down more than a few times) around came this new anni gara and it gave me...

This thing:

My dreams of having original Stella having been thwarted by the lousy rates that was delight gara I was kinda happy to have gotten her, but given my disappointment with Alcy I thought I'd ask for some insight on her before I went crazy burning my newly acquired materials.

How is she compared to the original? Is she usable at all? Her charge gun reminds me to AIR Eve a bit, but it seems to be beam-based and deals squat damage on anything but lands (when it doesn't ghost hit anyway) and her beam gun seems.... awfully weak, slow and has real lousy tracking. Her reboost is probably the most useless thing ever since bikini Illumis' reboost and overall she feels really awkward to play, but that may just be me not being used to her as admittedly I just played a very laggy legion match to test her out a bit.

I'd appreciate it if someone who's had more experience with her or has observed her could let me know if I should bother tuning her at all, I'm not looking for Theia-tier broken stuff but I'd like to have a chance at scoring well with something other than Theia for once D:

Thanks in advance!

Oh, also finally got a hecatocles from delight gara and I'm curious about an alpha art mech... I can fit in burst missile AMJs, but I'm unsure I have a suitable core for it. Would hecatocles BD be a good core for an alpha ART? Or should I just stick with albatreos?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)   Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:35 am

Worse than Alcy I guess?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)   Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Oh, well that's not what I wanted to read D: Guess I'll put her on the back burner and half-ass tune her later or something. Thanks for the reply ; ~;

On the subject of an alpha art, may I get some suggestions on good AMs/weapons I could use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)   Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:58 pm

hecatoles AMs. AM2 is better than AM1.
hecatoles BSJ. The BS sucks, don't use it.
Burst missile AMJ. Or sturbanger AMJ.
only good handheld weapon is heat gatling. Generally don't even put shit in hands because they suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11112

PostSubject: Re: I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)   Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:33 pm

I only played LD once or twice. I used to use the vanilla Stella a lot though, as she sorta grew on me.

I think Winty pointed this out already (in a different topic though): her main drawback, if compared to the first Stella, is her Reignition action which offers less boost and does not activate the extended flight time buff that Stella gets. This is bad, because of how Glide Boost works. On the other hand her weapons are a bit cheaper and she might have it easier to fit in proppy bits (vanilla is often played with dual rapid fire and will most likely run out of capa or STR). She does get a more or less spamable steal boost action though, maybe this is the key here? Idk.

I have no fucking idea how swallow beam guns work (and yes, these are the same as LD's beam gun), I guess the bonus here would be, that you will no longer overwrite shock, powerless, etc, if you're hunting LND units with a dual rapid fire set-up. Her charge delay bomb thing is interesting to. The auto-charge cannon always fires, once you activated it (even if by accident...) and then you better hit the target. This one allows you to plan it ahead. The dmg is pretty annoying, not sure if weeker than the Auto-Charge Casette (I think it's actually stronger, but I don't pay much attention to dmg counters). I think overall, LD's playstyle is a bit more laid back and less dramatic than vanilla's. I'd kiss a girl to get the new CDC tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)   Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:24 pm

After messing with her a bit more she definitely seems less "efficient" than vanilla Stella. Her beam guns are real awkward and hit like a wet tissue, and her reignition is really sad. I kinda half wish I had the original stella, as that way I'd probably try to fit in LD's charge delay cannon in with the original charge delay casettes and rain hell onto alpha airs and arts. Her boost steal sub is very spammable, but it seems to never want to fly and hit the things it targets unless they're standing perfectly still, and even when they DO hit for one reason or another I don't always get boost back.

As it stands though... I don't think I'll be tuning her. There's not enough people in arenas most of the time I'm online to even bother with teamwork, and she really doesn't score all that well by herself... x-x

Regardless, thank you all for your replies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)   

Back to top Go down

I am back yet again with another head-scratcher (Stella LD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum