Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2089

CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town Empty
PostSubject: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:58 am

http://www.twitch.tv/mohvietpho/v/22661896

CB Community complained about too many Card Campaigns...
this is what happens when there are no card campaigns.
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

Male Posts : 2422

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 6:20 am

CS spoiled the players.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2802

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:13 am

Good.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:44 am

Card campaign aren't to blame, the whole design is flawed, the card campaigns only made it be more active in a time that they could barely fill up a single arena room and that's pretty much a ghost town already. CBEN never had a playerbase big enough for a decent matchmaking system to begin with.
Then you go see other PvP games, and what you get is a game that looks and plays a whole lot better, and that has a client that runs a million times better than CB's, so, why to play a game that chokes every few seconds, when you can play something else that doesn't do that, looks better, has actual updates, has much better micro transactions, bigger and better communities, etc.
Which game? At this point just about any other game. War Thunder? Looks really good for the specs required to play, can have a ton of shit going on with a high draw distance and doesn't freeze at all. World of Tanks/Poi/whatever? Not the best micro transactions, but not nearly as terrible as CB's. Dota 2/LoL? Never played, never will, won't put my hands over that fire. And then there's plenty of MMO that aren't PvP focused but still manage to not be terrible at micro transactions (which some Devs this days actually try not to be, unlike CS), so, why bother with CB?

I can't blame people for only playing during card campaigns, the game simply isn't as fun anymore, the game runs like shit which is enough to make it lose all the fun factor, and you can play in the same machine a bunch of games that offer a lot more and look a lot better and that run just fine, and that's not even mentioning gara and shit, so why waste your time and patience with CB?
I can't bring myself to do it this days, before I even start a match I'm already annoyed by a bunch of things that shouldn't happen, why even bother? Might as well login once in a while, walk around or get a freebie to suck the little fun it has to offer and go back playing something else. So I can't really blame others for not playing anymore.

All that CB had going for it was a bunch of delusional people that got blinded by shiny toys and people that were stubborn and kept waiting and hoping for the day the game will be better again (it won't), but even playing with corpses gets boring after a while.

Every game has it's life span, CB's death is long overdue, blaming freebies is just silly.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 12:45 pm

the game is plenty fun when there's actually people to play with.
If it's not fun for you, that's your own problem.
The game has changed a lot since release. It's an entirely different kind of game than it used to be.

The problem with campaigns is that they bring back people who don't actually want to play the game and are only here for handouts. People who spam arena endlessly for the first week then vanish afterwards.

Card campaigns should be replaced with an actual weekly goal for each player to get free shit, so that there is a reason to bring people in every week, rather than having people show up one week every month. The rewards would need to be toned down to prevent burnout, which would happen fairly fast.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:58 pm

@Winty wrote:
the game is plenty fun when there's actually people to play with.
If it's not fun for you, that's your own problem.
The game has changed a lot since release. It's an entirely different kind of game than it used to be.

A lot of his points aren't related to "this isn't fun at all" until later like...

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Then you go see other PvP games, and what you get is a game that looks and plays a whole lot better, and that has a client that runs a million times better than CB's, so, why to play a game that chokes every few seconds, when you can play something else that doesn't do that, looks better, has actual updates, has much better micro transactions, bigger and better communities, etc.
Which game? At this point just about any other game. War Thunder? Looks really good for the specs required to play, can have a ton of shit going on with a high draw distance and doesn't freeze at all. World of Tanks/Poi/whatever? Not the best micro transactions, but not nearly as terrible as CB's. Dota 2/LoL? Never played, never will, won't put my hands over that fire. And then there's plenty of MMO that aren't PvP focused but still manage to not be terrible at micro transactions (which some Devs this days actually try not to be, unlike CS), so, why bother with CB?

Many have given up because of technical aspects of Cosmic Break instead of the "p2win" shit. (including myself). Most people who complained about the blatant lack of balance quit at launch or initium. Flaws  Cyberstep hasn't bothered to fix like resource bloat, visuals or the management of the game itself are still there.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:28 pm

the initial point is about the difference in population between on-campaign times and off-campaign times. Clearly people are willing to play despite these complaints during campaign times, so I don't really see how they are relevant here.

This game can be a small game with a 300-500 population playerbase and exist well enough, though it may not be optimal, it may not be the same as it was years ago, but even if every coding-based concern was addressed it wouldn't return to those numbers simply because of how the game works. It's meant to be a niche game and will continue to be niche game unless you drastically change a huge portion of the core gameplay which goes beyond balance changes.

I'm not really one who gets off to talking about theorycrafting. I put forth points on what could be done in the realm of the current state of the game based on what's actually happening. I think there's a big difference between saying "Add a reason for people to play day to day" compared to "they should fix the entirety of their code" because one thing I could see them actually doing as they've done similar things in the past(just only temporarily, not over the long-term) whereas the second is just useless complaining about something that will never change. CyberStep is so uninterested in changing the code of cosmicbreak that they went and made a new game.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:31 pm

The now notorious difference in population is that from vietpho's video cb really looks like a ghost town where before there were always 2 or 3 rooms ready to go. The other replies focuses on how it seems that the game is slowly bleeding players and it the main cause is not that people aren't interested on the game. Is that people can not play the game. As it is right now it's unplayable or it about to reach that state for a lot players because of the previously mentioned technical issues. Remember that this game's initial requirements in beta and the first year were far under what was "hot" in pc those days (steam games, cod, etc).
Those who before could run cb just fine now have probably ditched the game for less hardware intensive and way more popular games (mobas, heartstone, etc) and a slowly growing part of those who still play are just getting bored or have other vidya to try out. That and that probably they have less free targets.
It wouldn't be that bad if they actually cared, but as you mentioned they just halfheartedly released a sequel. As for the whole card farming issue, I think that relatively speaking the (also sorta recent and) constant token events masked the fact that the EN version seems to be reaching the end of its lifetime.
That's just my theory, of course.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 pm

the game has had barely one room up on non-campaign times for nearly a year at this point. While yes, the game is slowly dying, it's been slowly dying for a long as fuck time. This isn't new, it isn't a sudden change, and it's not going to suddenly die. I still believe that the game won't be shut down before the end of the year and I'll still eat a raw egg if it is.
Back to top Go down
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Leriel

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Needs more PvE content and good rewards. Happy Dracken
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 12:09 am

@Leriel wrote:
Needs more PvE content and good rewards. Happy Dracken

I play Diablo 3 for that Smile

I think they should forget about CB2 and just focus on CB1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 12:52 am

@VietPho wrote:
I think they should forget about CB2 and just focus on CB1
You keep posting this like dropping CB2 will make a difference in CB1.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 3:31 am

They'd be more likely to drop the international market and just cater to only Japanese gamers if things got bad enough to make them drop either CB1 or CB2.
Back to top Go down
Obi-Wan-Kenobi
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Obi-Wan-Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 7:09 pm

I recall that people also complained about customer service, how C.S. ripped off people by not granting them RT after they used their cash to buy it yet they do not allow people to get refounds, how there is an obvious gap between how C.S. treats JP players and how treats EN players, etc.

@Skulkraken wrote:
They'd be more likely to drop the international market and just cater to only Japanese gamers if things got bad enough to make them drop either CB1 or CB2.

Do you believe they cared about anything but milking gaijin players?

*Sigh * Is not like they are popular on JP either yet they are getting almos the same kind of updates and the jp versions are more alive that us.

Is just that you guys are seeing it as if the updates were aimed to EN server..... the updates are aimed to JP players and the feedback that they only care (if they even care about the opinions of the players) is from JP players.

By the way... GA2 is also dying... i wonder how Onigiri is holding up.

I am sure that if CB 2 gets a NA server... it will live way less that CB 1, i even believe that CB 2 JP will live less that CB 1

Seriously though, i do not get why we STILL are having this kind of threads with this kind of REPEATED posts if we all know the truth from way back and nobody can change it.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 11:54 pm

Oni-Zero wrote:

Seriously though, i do not get why we STILL are having this kind of threads with this kind of REPEATED posts if we all know the truth from way back and nobody can change it.

There is Hope
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5574

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 1:10 pm

@VietPho wrote:
Oni-Zero wrote:

There is Hope

cb lost hope they day they didnt fix 2012 bugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town   CosmicBreakEN - A Ghost Town Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Player Content :: Videos and Recordings-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com