Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New and could really use some help, like a lot.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:56 am

SoulsSin wrote:
Winty wrote:
The problem with guides is how the game is on a rotation in that I'd need to rewrite things every few months that I sort of gave up.

Like you were asking about how to get Akane...several months ago, she was in that coin shop. Now she's gone, and Steel burn is there. If you had asked this back then, you'd get different answers about where to get things.

Glide boost is on, innately, 10 units now? 12? maybe even 15? I can't even keep up. A year ago there were only 7 that had it.

Air loop's usefulness was changed a lot when they added drive system. It used to be more useful through an exploit that was removed when drive system was added.

The nature of the game makes it hard to keep up with marginal builds. A lot of things I'd say were usable a year ago, I'd say "don't even bother" now. There's "very strong" things that stay useful, and people have a fair amount of videos about them, but other things are only usable for short amounts of time as strategic counterpicks to specific things, and when those specific things aren't popular, they aren't worth using and become a liability.

There's a lot of room to write things about how the game works, which I've been meaning to do, but the state of the game, with not many people playing, makes me not really motivated to sit down and write it all up and make videos demonstrating things. Easier to just address questions as they pop up, imo.

I guess you are right on that one. Maybe just a compilation with links to all the guides that remain (rather) unchanged. Things like break points tuning guides basic idea of alpha builds etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1119

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 am

Winty wrote:
Air loop's usefulness was changed a lot when they added drive system. It used to be more useful through an exploit that was removed when drive system was added.

Wait, what was changed? I can't find any mentions of this in the patch notes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:31 am

it's not mentioned. Before, you could gain height by using air loop on a bot that also had quick jump, since you would get more height during the rising portion(due to QJ) but you'd still lose the same as if you didn't have it. This was removed when drive system was introduced. If you still have this setup it looks really odd because your bot basically keeps teleporting back down to it's original height at the end of the loop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1119

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 am

Oh, thanks. I was thinking they maybe made it impossible to do the WB trick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:37 pm

VeryMelon wrote:
Oh, thanks. I was thinking they maybe made it impossible to do the WB trick.
WB trick if I may ask ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:38 pm

press F at the peak of air loop. Activating wonderbit stops you completely, so you don't fall and get all the gain from the upwards portion of the air loop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Winty wrote:
press F at the peak of air loop. Activating wonderbit stops you completely, so you don't fall and get all the gain from the upwards portion of the air loop.

Oh, thats neat

Another question, this time about The Bazaar. I can'tuse it yet, but I checked the Wiki for it and it said you can trade almost everything that you can get for UC or UC garapons aswell as some event items and you can't trade almost everything you get only through RC or RC Garapons. However it doesn't say if you can trade bots / parts from the Ticket garapons. I assume they count as "event" items so I was wondering if they are tradeable. Say bots from the Thanks ticket garapon or High mega Garapon or Anniversary Garapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:27 pm

About quests and missions. When should I start doing those and which ones are worth doing. (I've been playing pretty much areno only till now)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:43 pm

garapon items are not tradable.
only UC items and certain drop items are tradable.
The main things traded during bazaar are tuning materials(things like various chips, EX tuning elements, and core tune gems) as well as valuable parts like 3s 10cost handhelds, and sometimes special drop items like whatever the current angel coins are called. Generally robot parts that are tradable are rarely high value, though there are a select few weapons that are tradable that are worth using, though they are often very rare and next to impossible to get, like 3s payload rifle.

Simply put, bazaar is not an opportunity to get "new things" but rather a way get things to use to power up what you already have.

Missions are basically worthless. They don't drop anything of value. If you can multiclient, the beach mission provides a decent amount of experience, but is very boring. If you can't, doing the first room of whatever the hardest mission is(i forget the name of it lol) and then quitting still gives you EXP for getting the first few levels if you need more capa to tune, or so I'm told. I don't do that stuff.

Quests provide a large amount of EXP, and with a full party can be done very fast. Generally, demonfox haku is used to level fast, since it's the easiest to complete quickly due to it's weakness to melee attacks. It also gives out a decent amount of EXP and a slow but steady stream of tuning materials.
Berzelius is fairly easy, since he's so large you can just use shotgun-type weapons to kill him, but he doesn't give any UC and if you don't kill him quickly he can stall a lot of time due to how he moves around his map.
Fractilus is the most difficult. It requires mainly airs with shotgun-type weapons and you need to know beforehand how to properly dodge it's attacks as it has a lot of ways to deal instant-kill, or near instant-kill damage. Also the pre-boss fight can drain your ammo and waste a lot of time if you don't know the proper solutions to every formation. He is generally avoided because of this, except when you are looking for a challenge.
C.S.-chan quest is generally avoided because it includes long cutscenes that take up a lot of time, and has the largest maps to travel through before getting to the boss room, so it just takes a long time and doesn't give you any more rewards than the others. It's just not worth doing, unless you specifically want to watch the cutscenes(note that they change based on which difficulty level you select.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Winty wrote:
garapon items are not tradable.
only UC items and certain drop items are tradable.
The main things traded during bazaar are tuning materials(things like various chips, EX tuning elements, and core tune gems) as well as valuable parts like 3s 10cost handhelds, and sometimes special drop items like whatever the current angel coins are called. Generally robot parts that are tradable are rarely high value, though there are a select few weapons that are tradable that are worth using, though they are often very rare and next to impossible to get, like 3s payload rifle.

Simply put, bazaar is not an opportunity to get "new things" but rather a way get things to use to power up what you already have.

Missions are basically worthless. They don't drop anything of value. If you can multiclient, the beach mission provides a decent amount of experience, but is very boring. If you can't, doing the first room of whatever the hardest mission is(i forget the name of it lol) and then quitting still gives you EXP for getting the first few levels if you need more capa to tune, or so I'm told. I don't do that stuff.

Quests provide a large amount of EXP, and with a full party can be done very fast. Generally, demonfox haku is used to level fast, since it's the easiest to complete quickly due to it's weakness to melee attacks. It also gives out a decent amount of EXP and a slow but steady stream of tuning materials.
Berzelius is fairly easy, since he's so large you can just use shotgun-type weapons to kill him, but he doesn't give any UC and if you don't kill him quickly he can stall a lot of time due to how he moves around his map.
Fractilus is the most difficult. It requires mainly airs with shotgun-type weapons and you need to know beforehand how to properly dodge it's attacks as it has a lot of ways to deal instant-kill, or near instant-kill damage. Also the pre-boss fight can drain your ammo and waste a lot of time if you don't know the proper solutions to every formation. He is generally avoided because of this, except when you are looking for a challenge.
C.S.-chan quest is generally avoided because it includes long cutscenes that take up a lot of time, and has the largest maps to travel through before getting to the boss room, so it just takes a long time and doesn't give you any more rewards than the others. It's just not worth doing, unless you specifically want to watch the cutscenes(note that they change based on which difficulty level you select.)

Alright. Back to arena it is then =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:53 pm

mission give lot of rank points , so it not worthless for newbie , or do some quick mate quests
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 2851

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Also, you gain medals for missions above hard difficulty. Purely cosmetic other than the 5 HP boost though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

Male Posts : 7867

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:42 am

Dunno if you still care to know but I recorded a match with me using both a single handheld build and an alpha air build.

As you can tell you're able to carry a lot more offensive pressure on the team as an alpha air and it's a lot easier to aim with specific weapons, so this is why they are far more popular.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:16 pm

wow fucking fite me in AoS2 nerd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Astral_Dono wrote:
Dunno if you still care to know but I recorded a match with me using both a single handheld build and an alpha air build.

As you can tell you're able to carry a lot more offensive pressure on the team as an alpha air and it's a lot easier to aim with specific weapons, so this is why they are far more popular.

Well thanks a lot for this. Nice to have a comparison from one player =)

Oh yay, I can post links now Very Happy .... Wow I'm old =S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Astral_Dono wrote:

Would you be as kind as to post both of the AIR builds as long as they aren't topsecret?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:08 pm

SoulsSin wrote:
Astral_Dono wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiS0C8YTvSw

Would you be as kind as to post both of the AIR builds as long as they aren't topsecret?
Astral_Dono wrote:
Examples of both an Alpha Air build and a Single Handheld build:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:38 pm

don't ignore me, astral.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:15 pm

fite
me
aos2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:20 am

Astral_Dono wrote:
SoulsSin wrote:
Astral_Dono wrote:

Astral_Dono wrote:
Examples of both an Alpha Air build and a Single Handheld build:

How Do you hit 700 hp ? I'm having trouble reaching 400...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 2851

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:30 am

EX tunes. They require something called elements. Generic, Superior, Power, Tech, Run, Boost, Tough. If you don't have elements, EX tunes won't show up in the game.

Also, Armor drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:55 am

LazFlamme wrote:
EX tunes. They require something called elements. Generic, Superior, Power, Tech, Run, Boost, Tough. If you don't have elements, EX tunes won't show up in the game.

Also, Armor drive.

I see. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:25 am

I noticed that if you picked Accele Roll and then want to pick Air loop, you have to overwrite the Accele Roll. Do you "lose" the catridge slot of the level where you picked accele roll ? If so, is there a way to reset The catridges ?

Also, is there any way to get more orders after reaching order level 8 ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:18 am

SoulsSin wrote:
I noticed that if you picked Accele Roll and then want to pick Air loop, you have to overwrite the Accele Roll. Do you "lose" the catridge slot of the level where you picked accele roll ? If so, is there a way to reset The catridges ?

Also, is there any way to get more orders after reaching order level 8 ?
Astral_Dono wrote:
6. Deconstructing means tearing down a bot in order to give it better parts OR cartridges. To do this you can either replace the old parts of a bot with new, better parts - Or junk it entirely. You can junk a bot by clicking on it ONCE in your main garage then selecting the Junk option at the top of the garage screen, just under the Arena button. Junking a bot has the benefit of resetting it's levels so you can start fresh again if you messed up, but you'll have to re-level it again. If you're lucky you can occasionally get a "Cartridge Reset" item from certain garapons - As the name suggests you can reset the levels on your robot, but the current EXP will be retained so you can immediately reselect cartridges without having to re-level it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   

Back to top Go down

New and could really use some help, like a lot.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum