Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New and could really use some help, like a lot.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:33 am

@elmatalast wrote:
Not necessarily you'll have to obtain stellar award to get card. You can get some card just by joining arena.

Hmm I've never gotten one from participating till now. Maybe bad luck. May I ask how you get 4th anniversary cards. Couldn't find the post on Cosmic break regarding them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

Male Posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:34 am

Event cards don't drop right now because there is no event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:52 am

@Astral_Dono wrote:
Event cards don't drop right now because there is no event.

Well that explains it.

Means steel burn isnt really on the list of obtainable though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:13 am

Any suggestions on a long range AIR or a Easy to play ART build that can be put together JUST through the Store (no Garapon random rolls) ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 2671

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:46 am

ART: Constant moving gunner Chloe or the same Chloe with Illumis AMJs. And whatever BS with a gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elmatalast
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 737

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:55 am

@SoulsSin wrote:
ART build that can be put together JUST through the Store (no Garapon random rolls) ?
You have amateus right,right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:25 am

@LazFlamme wrote:
ART: Constant moving gunner Chloe or the same Chloe with Illumis AMJs. And whatever BS with a gun.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:50 am

Alba core + dugdriver arms is a classic that still functions relatively well.  you can throw in burst AMJ and psycho formula head to lead if you wanted.  I am pretty sure these are all shop bots, correct me if I am wrong.

quick and dirty alpha build:

are shop bots 2s?  I don't remember. You want boost drive on fly arts, it is sooo nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:53 pm

@Halexander wrote:
Alba core + dugdriver arms is a classic that still functions relatively well.  you can throw in burst AMJ and psycho formula head to lead if you wanted.  I am pretty sure these are all shop bots, correct me if I am wrong.

quick and dirty alpha build:

are shop bots 2s?  I don't remember. You want boost drive on fly arts, it is sooo nice.

Thanks so much for this.

Last edited by SoulsSin on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:05 pm

@elmatalast wrote:
@SoulsSin wrote:
ART build that can be put together JUST through the Store (no Garapon random rolls) ?
You have amateus right,right?

No... Pretty sure I don't

He is in the shop though for 50k UC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:26 pm

I've noticed that im beeing knocked out of the air more often. Is there a stat to combat this ? Does toughness help with that ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GasaiYunoº
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 631

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:25 pm

@SoulsSin wrote:
I've noticed that im beeing knocked out of the air more often. Is there a stat to combat this ? Does toughness help with that ?
tuning crimson veil helps with not getting knocked out of the air (though some weapons ignore this, like miruru miu's sub weapon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MegaManZX
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:04 pm

@GasaiYunoº wrote:
@SoulsSin wrote:
tuning crimson veil helps with not getting knocked out of the air (though some weapons ignore this, like miruru miu's sub weapon)

Except, as a new player he lacks the mats, harmonics and slot protectors to do that.

If you have less than 12 tgh you're gonna get stunned a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:06 am

Not sure if there's any AIRs that can activate Crimson Veil/Hyper Armor manually, so Accele Roll/Air Loop a lot.

Crimson Crusader does not help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:22 am

@LazFlamme wrote:
Not sure if there's any AIRs that can activate Crimson Veil/Hyper Armor manually, so Accele Roll/Air Loop a lot.

Crimson Crusader does not help.

Yeah about Accele Roll, Air loop and Slide Boost. Quite a few Air guides recommend Slide Boost. Why is that?

Should I try to get both accele Roll and Air loop or just one of them ?
I know that accele Roll propells you forward and from the description i take it that you just do a looping from air loop. I've seen some people use some kind of boost to get on ledges when they were flying and just barely not high enough Is that air loop ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:29 am

do not use slide boost.

Glide boost is the cart that people talk about. Not slide boost.

Air loop moves you upwards, then downward, so you can use it to get on ledges. It's good for moving around the map.

Accel roll provides faster movement. It's good for chasing down targets, or running away from things you can't fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:36 am

@Winty wrote:
do not use slide boost.

Glide boost is the cart that people talk about. Not slide boost.

Air loop moves you upwards, then downward, so you can use it to get on ledges. It's good for moving around the map.

Accel roll provides faster movement. It's good for chasing down targets, or running away from things you can't fight.

Thanks.
Whats the point of Glide Boost though ?

Also are quick jump / quick land worth it on airs ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:45 am

Quick jump is good, but there's no point in quick land when the ground is roaming with dem melee sharks. You see the ARTs? Dodge instead of losing precious altitude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 am

glide boost allows a burst of fast movement, similar to accel roll, but it doesn't make your bot spin or roll at all, so you can continue shooting during it without any aim disruption. Additionally, you can do it in any direction: forward, backwards, sideways, or diagonal, allowing for improved strafing of targets while dodging bullets with the increased movement speed, but also letting you run and chase with the improved speed. It's also adjustable in length, like hopping - you can do shorter or longer glide boosts depending on how much you want to move before reverting to normal flight and then glide boosting again at a different angle.
It's really broken. A lot of weapons simply can't hit an air that makes effective use of glide boost.

https://youtu.be/X3gLc74f-44?t=3m5s
Stella is one of the units that gets glide boost via levelup. Note the times the camera tilts slightly and all-guard buff appears(from guard dash core tune) - those are the times I'm using glide boost.

Slide boost, on the other hand, is a free cart that was given to katalina. It allows for sideways movement only, of a fixed distance, in a very fast and jarring manner that can be disruptive to the aiming of some weapons while you use them. It has a cooldown so it can't be spammed leaving a lot of vulnerability. The inability to slide boost forward or backwards greatly limits the evasive actions you can take since you have only limited places you can go with it. since it was designed originally as a free cart, this isn't really a problem, but paying 30 cost to put it on a different unit is a huge loss, when accel roll and air loop are the same cost and much more effective at doing pretty much anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:05 am

@Winty wrote:
glide boost allows a burst of fast movement, similar to accel roll, but it doesn't make your bot spin or roll at all, so you can continue shooting during it without any aim disruption. Additionally, you can do it in any direction: forward, backwards, sideways, or diagonal, allowing for improved strafing of targets while dodging bullets with the increased movement speed, but also letting you run and chase with the improved speed. It's also adjustable in length, like hopping - you can do shorter or longer glide boosts depending on how much you want to move before reverting to normal flight and then glide boosting again at a different angle.
It's really broken. A lot of weapons simply can't hit an air that makes effective use of glide boost.

So whats the point of taking say accelle Roll over Glide boost?

@Winty wrote:
Slide boost, on the other hand, is a free cart that was given to katalina. It allows for sideways movement only, of a fixed distance, in a very fast and jarring manner that can be disruptive to the aiming of some weapons while you use them. It has a cooldown so it can't be spammed leaving a lot of vulnerability. The inability to slide boost forward or backwards greatly limits the evasive actions you can take since you have only limited places you can go with it. since it was designed originally as a free cart, this isn't really a problem, but paying 30 cost to put it on a different unit is a huge loss, when accel roll and air loop are the same cost and much more effective at doing pretty much anything.

I see. So it's just not worth ivesting in but okish if its free on your bot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:10 am

Thanks a lot for the clip showing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:18 am

Quote :

The main factor is that it's a LOT easier to get accel roll tickets than it is to get glide boost tickets. Most bots that use glide boost are the ones that get it through levelups.

Accel roll is better on hit and run type of air units, like air melee units, though those aren't very strong in the grand scheme of things right now.
Air loop is good at climbing things. For very long range builds, you can abuse this a lot, especially with homing weapons that work even if you are firing while upside down.
In like, 75% of situations, glide boost is better. It's just not something that you're always able to pick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:24 am

@Winty wrote:
Quote :

The main factor is that it's a LOT easier to get accel roll tickets than it is to get glide boost tickets. Most bots that use glide boost are the ones that get it through levelups.

Accel roll is better on hit and run type of air units, like air melee units, though those aren't very strong in the grand scheme of things right now.
Air loop is good at climbing things. For very long range builds, you can abuse this a lot, especially with homing weapons that work even if you are firing while upside down.
In like, 75% of situations, glide boost is better. It's just not something that you're always able to pick.

Thanks for typing it out. Really helps a lot.

On a sidenote i think I should gather all the answers from this thread and put it together into a guide with link to the other guides... Maybe once I can post links.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 am

The problem with guides is how the game is on a rotation in that I'd need to rewrite things every few months that I sort of gave up.

Like you were asking about how to get Akane...several months ago, she was in that coin shop. Now she's gone, and Steel burn is there. If you had asked this back then, you'd get different answers about where to get things.

Glide boost is on, innately, 10 units now? 12? maybe even 15? I can't even keep up. A year ago there were only 7 that had it.

Air loop's usefulness was changed a lot when they added drive system. It used to be more useful through an exploit that was removed when drive system was added.

The nature of the game makes it hard to keep up with marginal builds. A lot of things I'd say were usable a year ago, I'd say "don't even bother" now. There's "very strong" things that stay useful, and people have a fair amount of videos about them, but other things are only usable for short amounts of time as strategic counterpicks to specific things, and when those specific things aren't popular, they aren't worth using and become a liability.

There's a lot of room to write things about how the game works, which I've been meaning to do, but the state of the game, with not many people playing, makes me not really motivated to sit down and write it all up and make videos demonstrating things. Easier to just address questions as they pop up, imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulsSin

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 am

@Winty wrote:
The problem with guides is how the game is on a rotation in that I'd need to rewrite things every few months that I sort of gave up.

Like you were asking about how to get Akane...several months ago, she was in that coin shop. Now she's gone, and Steel burn is there. If you had asked this back then, you'd get different answers about where to get things.

Glide boost is on, innately, 10 units now? 12? maybe even 15? I can't even keep up. A year ago there were only 7 that had it.

Air loop's usefulness was changed a lot when they added drive system. It used to be more useful through an exploit that was removed when drive system was added.

The nature of the game makes it hard to keep up with marginal builds. A lot of things I'd say were usable a year ago, I'd say "don't even bother" now. There's "very strong" things that stay useful, and people have a fair amount of videos about them, but other things are only usable for short amounts of time as strategic counterpicks to specific things, and when those specific things aren't popular, they aren't worth using and become a liability.

There's a lot of room to write things about how the game works, which I've been meaning to do, but the state of the game, with not many people playing, makes me not really motivated to sit down and write it all up and make videos demonstrating things. Easier to just address questions as they pop up, imo.

I guess you are right on that one. Maybe just a compilation with links to all the guides that remain (rather) unchanged. Things likebreak points tuning guides basic idea of alpha builds etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and could really use some help, like a lot.   

Back to top Go down

New and could really use some help, like a lot.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum