Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
earthbound

PostSubject: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:34 am

For Stella, is it necessary to keep 1 str for Prop bits? And are there any other weapons to use on her which are better than her stock setup? I tried to make 2 builds for her, are they alright?

keeping 1 str:

dunk str:

I know I can convert the +1 stat tunes to +1 stat +15hp tunes for more hp but I think the hp is enough (or maybe it's not?)
Is my weapon tune okay?

For Hygerkun Unity, can he be made into an alpha bot? His capa is a bit low imo. Or should I just get some parts from him for other cores?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11172

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:33 am

earthbound wrote:
For Stella, is it necessary to keep 1 str for Prop bits? And are there any other weapons to use on her which are better than her stock setup?

I ran out of proppy bit and do not realy miss them. The reignition is there.

Another popular setup is dual charge delay casette (equip the converion part on the other arm). You can avoid her cool down with two of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks mate. I guess I'll drop str for ease of tuning then. Btw, does keeping the glide boost breakpoint 38/5 have a great impact on her?

Can you give me your thoughts on Hygerkun UNITY please. I tried him in Legion and he seems to have potential to be a good damage dealer but I'm still not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

Male Posts : 7867

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:09 am

His AMs are amazing at what they do and he has okay capacity to boot (But there are plenty of other bots with better capacity and a core weapon)

The build I used is very simple and the handhelds are probably ones you want to avoid but were the only ones I had that were good for alpha striking.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:29 am

Thank you, I'll start working on my Hygerkun right away. Oh and I heard people say that he's nerfed. Is that true?

Would using his BS to overrange be a good idea? I feel like everyone is shooting at me from miles away and I'm too fragile to get close to people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:47 am

You're better off just using a psycho HD becaus ehave you seen the cost on the damn thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:23 pm

lol that cost really is too much.

Do I need 40 Tec to maximize damage output? How much damage do you do with your current set up?

Edit: About Stella, how is she compared to other airs like Amlim (Cardinal). I have both versions of Amlim and Stella and it seems to me Stella's only good point is glide boost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nebel

Male Posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:00 am

I think you can put Hygerkun UNITY's parts on other cores (Albatreos is a good alpha core from shop I think) to get 40 tec/38 fly if you really want.

I think Stella with 2 Charge delay gun to alpha is better than charge delay gun + the long range lightning gun. Can someone make a comparison to clarify this please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:59 am

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried to make a build with dual charge delay casette for Stella. How is it compared to using charge delay + auto-charge?

Spoiler:

Do I need rapid tunes on her weapons?

By the way, since she'll be shooting at a closer range with this MB build, would armor drive be more beneficial than boost drive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:09 pm

you don't need rapid tunes for the playstyle that the build is good for.
Yes you want armor drive.

Double charge delay is all about DPS and shutdown. You just shoot one person and make it so they can't shoot back while glide boosting in circles. You don't have range so you have to glide boost at people and then spam reboost to keep up your constant glide boosting playstyle.

In comparison, stock setup has a better engagement range and more effective weapons, as she has spare capa to carry heavier tunes on her charge delay weapon. She also has higher spike damage and stopping power thanks to auto-charge. Because you won't always be at close range you can be more stingy with how often you use glide boost, and you have better overall longevity since you don't rely on it so heavily to carry you through everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks for the great info mate Smile Which tunes would you suggest for her charge delay with stock setup then?

Using Stella with charge delay + auto charge seems similar to Amlim Cardinal. Does Stella have any edge over Amlim Cardinal (besides glide boost)? Since I want to tune bots which would give me a different playstyle to enjoy, I don't want to use all of my limited resources on bots that are too similar to each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuwakomoriya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:33 am

You might want to go with the stock stella build if you're limited in supplies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 pm

amlim has more weighted damage. Her bats are low damage and her cross shooter is very high damage. Stella has high damage on both her weapons, and a damaging subweapon as well. You can't rely solely on her long range weapon, it's there to open up a target, or stun something that's running away. Amlim is more of a dedicated long range fighter with bats in case someone gets close to her
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 am

All of my questions are wonderfully answered. Thank you very much guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

Male Posts : 1772

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:03 am

I have two fully tuned Amlims (cardinal and other one) and 2 fully tuned Stellas. I use my Amlims once in a blue moon compared to my Stellas.

Stella is a good close combat low air ground fighter:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t15191-demonstrating-the-power-of-glide-boost
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vietpho.net
earthbound

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:44 am

Nice demonstration video mate Very Happy But is it me or your penguin seems a bit fat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:12 am

The penguin is the worst char I've ever built in CB. 3x g cappa Sad
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 am

You 3x g cappa a lot of shit so what's the difference l0l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Astral_Dono wrote:
You 3x g cappa a lot of shit so what's the difference l0l
Peppen is my only 3x cappa moe.

I'm tempted to remove her g cappa to use on 3 other moes but... I shouldn't. I'm hoping one day my peppen will get a good art weapon
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1287

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:13 pm

VietPho wrote:
The penguin is the worst char I've ever built in CB. 3x g cappa Sad
YOUはSHIT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:24 pm

If you still can't get her to be good with 3x gc and she's already max tuned and levelled there's nothing else you can do except get good.

Which we all know won't happen so it's forever bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1927

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:02 pm

I just got Hygerkun Mod, and he has the same core as Hygerkun Unity, just a different HD and melee arms instead of multi-missile launcher arms.

I'm currently working on a build for mine. I was thinking of using Antlion BS2 as his BS (for a secondary attack, and an escape function, also because his default BS isn't working well on him), and maybe a Barrier Ball Gun as one of his weapons (I got a bunch of them from Arena). I am also thinking of giving him Ogreil LG too, for an extra BS slot and cool stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Barrier ball guns suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1927

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Yes, I just learned that, especially since it's a Sub Weapon and not a Main Weapon.

Well, I could always find something else. Just starting off with this neat Artillery robot.

EDIT: Anyone know the parts used in the build in this video? I think I wanna make mine like that.
I recognized the Swift Jet BS and dual Coffin Shield, but the rest don't look familiar. Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY   

Back to top Go down

Questions about Stella Caracal and Hygerkun UNITY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum