Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Feng mei ryu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3266

PostSubject: Feng mei ryu    Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Please help, I don't see many people use feng mei ryu much in Arena so i'm not sure if she is worth tuning.
or what kind of carts to put on her, please gib adviceu Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Overall she'd have to be the best Feng mei (in my opinion) but feng mei's are built solely for arena to kill and whatnot, its more of a Support fire moe that helps others weaken thee targets (Feng Mei Chun has good wpns except for the long cooldown and low ammo) and the Outdated feng mei's are outdated

Overall If you wanna tune her go right ahead, but dont expect her to be 100% Badass OP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Princess BaNana wrote:
I don't see many people use feng mei ryu much in Arena so i'm not sure if she is worth tuning.

uninstall the game if you think this way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irvinning
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Having both the Ryu and Chun version, I think Ryu version is weaker and meant to attack in a closer range, due to her weapon having shorter range and being more gatling-like, but it seems to miss an awful lot when I use it. That or the damage is just horrible. Or both. She's fun if you like just being a support-fire type of bot. Her shield is pretty nice if you have a fluene on your team, but otherwise, duration is pretty low, so use it only when you need to run away or tank some damage.

Cart-wise she's just your general air bot.

Last edited by Irvinning on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mechaRev
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1287

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:09 pm

School feng > ryu
that's how bad she is
her other main is nice I guess, so is her bs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4093

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:04 pm

@Winty wrote:
Princess BaNana wrote:
I don't see many people use feng mei ryu much in Arena so i'm not sure if she is worth tuning.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irvinning
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm planning of using Feng Mei Ryu's core with Lantian and Lantian@ from the Chun version, but not sure if I'll have enough capa for that. Anyway, back on topic, her boosters are nice. The booster with the sub can be spammed to keep yourself on air, but if you rely too much on it, you might fall if it misses, unlike Chun's version, that gives a couple of boost barriers just for using it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:34 am

@Winty wrote:
Princess BaNana wrote:

pls y do you have 2 b so mean, I relly do nut see allot of feng mei in arena okei.

@Irvinning wrote:
Having both the Ryu and Chun version, I think Ryu version is weaker and meant to attack in a closer range, due to her weapon having shorter range and being more gatling-like, but it seems to miss an awful lot when I use it. That or the damage is just horrible. Or both. She's fun if you like just being a support-fire type of bot. Her shield is pretty nice if you have a fluene on your team, but otherwise, duration is pretty low, so use it only when you need to run away or tank some damage.

Cart-wise she's just your general air bot.
o thank you, bery helpful #em0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:21 am

why does it matter what you see?
I've played plenty of things that I never saw anyone do well with.
If you limit yourself to only playing things you see other people play, you'll never do anything new and you'll never learn anything for yourself.
Someone always has to be the first to do something.
Sometimes it has to be you.
don't be a bitch.
don't assume something is bad just because everyone else thinks it's bad.
There's so many things in this game, a lot of them nobody even tried tuning.
If you want to play what other people are playing, just build 3 identical mount melee laz builds and throw yourself into the enemy team until the match ends.

Anyone who says "nobody plays this, it must be bad" should uninstall the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maelstrom
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4093

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:34 am

I just prefer to assume that "everyone" are fucking retards :v
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:14 am

@Winty wrote:
why does it matter what you see?
I've played plenty of things that I never saw anyone do well with.
If you limit yourself to only playing things you see other people play, you'll never do anything new and you'll never learn anything for yourself.
Someone always has to be the first to do something.
Sometimes it has to be you.
don't be a bitch.
don't assume something is bad just because everyone else thinks it's bad.
There's so many things in this game, a lot of them nobody even tried tuning.
If you want to play what other people are playing, just build 3 identical mount melee laz builds and throw yourself into the enemy team until the match ends.
I will take this into consideration thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mechaRev
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1287

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:29 am

winty then goes and contradicts himself by saying that most bots
can only be played a certain way
bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Ryu isn't even good as "support fire", because her main weapon simply doesn't deal enough damage. Her other main weapon is rather nice, low ammo but still a nice weapon, but the problem is that weapon won't carry her dead weight.
Still, Ryu is a nice platform for other weapons (which honestly many are already good on their own). Like that new air weapon that is on gara right now. BS isn't as reliable, but you can still use that any time, so you will get more chances of keep flying without landing. Her bit is rather nice, but without the core tune or a Fluene it won't last that long. Still, her bit, when moving into certain directions, it might even tank quite a few bullets from an alpha art and you get away with no or minimal damage, but this doesn't mean you can charge at the bullets with you face just because you have the bit, because then you will be eating the damage from weapons with splash damage that linger long enough, or big enough AoE to reach you, but if you are turning away from the bullets, then the bit will do a lot for you, since the bullets that would hit, will hit the bit and since you are moving away from them, their splash is less likely to hit you.

But then you will get to a problem which is, do you like her features (without counting with her weapon which you will remove) enough to use her as a platform? 'cause there's always other options out there (Istina, Rouge, well, anything that can be used for other weapons, and even better when they have other weapons/features to complement it).

If you want to keep her weapons, go ahead, if you can deal with it, great. If you want to switch them out, that's fine too.
As for me, I tuned her weapon, and didn't like it all, because I had more cost or as much as other units, and was doing a rather pitiful amount of damage with her weapon. I don't think her other features justify her weapon being 11 force, because there's bots with as much if not more, and that doesn't get 11 force main weapons. If it had a debuff, sure, why not. But a raw damage weapon being that low? Her 40 force weapon won't really carry her weight unless in rare cases, or gets fed with ammo all the way.
11 force and 500 ammo works on paper, but not so well in the game. You will be trying rather hard to do well with that, and you might as well have more fun with the new air weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:26 pm

@mechaRev wrote:
winty then goes and contradicts himself by saying that most bots
can only be played a certain way
bounce

I'm not saying that every unit is good, or that every unit can do whatever it wants. I'm saying that you shouldn't judge the value of a unit by it's popularity. You should do testing and make that judgment yourself. You're the one with the unit.

A lot of units can only be played in limited ways, or are highly ineffective when played in other ways. In order to find the way that's most effective, you should experiment, or ask. People who have tried it may have feedback, as in, "X works well" or "Y isn't very consistent." Is it a good idea to build a full tank killica? Probably not. I can tell you that playing her in a different role is very effective. It's different from saying "Is shred shotgun good? I don't see anybody playing it." I played shred shotgun and it's dumb as fuck. It's the newest addition to the game and I could easily see half the server use the thing because holy shit it's retarded as fuck, but instead people are sticking SBC on bikini eves or whatever, and that's pretty good too but honestly I think shred shotgun is a lot better(they even put B pawnger Ar in the same gara, and he's an amazing land core, probably the best in the game for S-size) yet nobody is using it, but I can go on skype and find 3 guys who are pissed they don't have one and would totally use it.

What it comes down to is that the people who want to try things don't have the things and the people who have things are busy jacking off over old shit that's top tier and refuse to try anything new.

Popularity as a scale of effectiveness is fucking retarded and every time someone brings it up I want them to have their toes smashed with a hammer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 2711

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:05 pm

When in doubt, steal boost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

Male Posts : 1763

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:48 pm

im building my feng Smile armor drived and everything
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vietpho.net
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:09 pm

the weapon need forces tune because its just 11 force's, the real problem is how it track target btw the animation of the projectile kinda annoying fells like Ghost hitting even how rapid it is when chasing fast moving target while lock on.

shooting slow / walking target just fine, but when you are try aiming someone with boost run / 38 walk it starting fells so odd, maybe because the beam gun was spread away.   

her BS actually nice you can equip it to other mech / moe you want for steal boost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

Male Posts : 1763

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:01 am

i can confirm Feng Chung is terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vietpho.net
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:57 am

nothing terrible all depend the user, who & how did you play it and tuning. not like your brain.

use your logic : did your own moe can move by its own, if you not presing WSAD and mouse. lol

are you fucking dumb AI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YukiZero
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:03 am

@VietPho wrote:
i can confirm Feng Chung is terrible.
you can`t confirm anything,at least ı won`t believe you.bcz you are the one that said fully tuned homura sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armored Entity
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1893

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:38 am

I don't know how Feng Mei Ryu is compared to the original.

I have the original (1slot, from one of the UC Event Gara's), and I'm currently making her a LVL5 Limit room robot with high FLY and lots of HP (best thing I could do with 1slot). Though I think she'd be good in other rooms too with this build as well, at least from what I've tried with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mogimus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:45 pm

Feng Mei Ryu's Beam gun needs Force/HRB/HRB to hit anything decently, wind bomb is the bestest thing about her that lets you kill dying things nicely and her BS is actually pretty nice for staying above healgroups although distancing takes some getting used to. Also if you don't feel like playing the game you can farm 4items launch a bomb and wind tunnel out of there before resuming your farm for shell supplies

To whoever said school Feng>Feg mei ryu....let me suck your brains pls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feng mei ryu    

Back to top Go down

Feng mei ryu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum